As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Yee-haw! My name is [Nintendo]! This is my horse, [Nintendo]! That's right-same name!

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I've been using a Switch Lite for a while now. I picked up our original Switch yesterday and recoiled in horror, good lord what is this 50 pound lead weight that resides within our house

You've been training with weighted clothes.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I've been using a Switch Lite for a while now. I picked up our original Switch yesterday and recoiled in horror, good lord what is this 50 pound lead weight that resides within our house

this is the exact opposite of that!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Antigravity clothes?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Get off my back, old man!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Get off my back, old man!

no!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Clinging to your back is the only way he can be your weighted-training man.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular

Look at this guy, thinking I'm clothed when gaming

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I would root for a team named the Steakheads

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Donkey Kong Kongs ft. Goomba and Koopa Troopa

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I would root for a team named the Steakheads

Send em to Wisconsin. Cheesesteakheads.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Been playing Bloodstained

I'm a little mixed on it. The enemies are a pleasantly bizarre amalgamation of styles, and there are a truly staggering amount of viable character builds. The castle is fun to explore and to look at.

But the controls are a little floaty, the hit detection feels kinda wonky, and there's been more slowdown/crashing than I'd care for.

But I did kill a murderous chair and in so doing gained the ability to summon a regular chair whenever I want. So, game of the year, I guess?

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    now you gotta grind out the higher ranks of summon chair

i didnt experience any crashing on the switch version but the whole clock tower area definitely chugged/had some alarming load times between rooms that made me think it was going to

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

I'm a little mixed on it. The enemies are a pleasantly bizarre amalgamation of styles, and there are a truly staggering amount of viable character builds. The castle is fun to explore and to look at.

But the controls are a little floaty, the hit detection feels kinda wonky, and there's been more slowdown/crashing than I'd care for.

But I did kill a murderous chair and in so doing gained the ability to summon a regular chair whenever I want. So, game of the year, I guess?

it's infinitely better on PC. in every way.

I have over 30 hours on both switch and pc and unless they release an awful lot of patch, I'll never play it on the switch again

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

You know just what to say to sell me on things, Pooro.

IKknkhU.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

(clears throat) You can kill a bunnygirl succubus and gain the ability to become a bunnygirl succubus as a result.

liEt3nH.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular

(clears throat) You can kill a bunnygirl succubus and gain the ability to become a bunnygirl succubus as a result.

hDH2OGY.jpg

IKknkhU.gif
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

hDH2OGY.jpg

kill those murderers dead!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

tag yourself I'm the Luigi Vacuums

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

hDH2OGY.jpg

kill those murderers dead!

My favorite bit of that’s is that all the contracts are to avenge Castlevania characters by name.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Luigi Papers sounds like the Mushroom Kingdom’s version of the Panama Papers

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

wario steakheads.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The AC Switch is back on Walmart, gogogo

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I’m Wario Garlios

You will never convince me that’s not what it says.

Javen on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    been cleaning out closets I haven't touched in a while and found a hidden stash of Game Boy games

I found Mario & Luigi, Link's Awakening, KH Chain of Memories, and the last two Mega Man Battle Network games

I should get a new DS Lite cause the GBA I have is a little dodgy

6F32U1X.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Is Walmart actually reliable on preorders?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited February 2020
    animal crossing edition switch back up on amazon

edit: i got my thing, very happy. thanks tax return

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    animal crossing edition switch back up on amazon

edit: i got my thing, very happy. thanks tax return

Fuck. Missed it again. So much for alerts working.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Seems like Walmart's still working, though.

Seems like Walmart's still working, though.

Walmart charges right away, which doesn't really work for me.

edited February 2020
    Ahh, didn't know they charge upfront, unlike Amazon and Best Buy.

Mx. Quill on
    i didn't get alerts either i just happen to see it on twitter right away while im home

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Man, Persona 5 Scramble looks good as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kONNaMgL4TQ&feature=youtu.be

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories originally came out as a Wii exclusive, and I gotta post about it somewhere

GOD IT'S GOOD IT'S THE BEST SILENT HILL I FINISHED IT LAST NIGHT AND AM GOING RIGHT BACK IN FOR DIFFERENT ENDINGS TONIGHT

it actually kind of angers me that they had a really good, new Silent Hill formula on their hands in 2009, while the series was still alive, and then they didn't make another one like that while they still made Downpour and Book of Memories. And Silent Hills might've turned out good but it wouldn't have been like that. It basically did the whole "completely powerless protagonist, just run and hide" thing that all horror games did just a couple years later and nobody credits this one for it. It's just so good aaah

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Every time I think about Paper Mario I just get real sad at what they did to it. TTYD is in my top 10 games of all time.

Nintendo murdered that paper man.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yeah they really poured water on him

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories originally came out as a Wii exclusive, and I gotta post about it somewhere

GOD IT'S GOOD IT'S THE BEST SILENT HILL I FINISHED IT LAST NIGHT AND AM GOING RIGHT BACK IN FOR DIFFERENT ENDINGS TONIGHT

it actually kind of angers me that they had a really good, new Silent Hill formula on their hands in 2009, while the series was still alive, and then they didn't make another one like that while they still made Downpour and Book of Memories. And Silent Hills might've turned out good but it wouldn't have been like that. It basically did the whole "completely powerless protagonist, just run and hide" thing that all horror games did just a couple years ago and nobody credits this one for it. It's just so good aaah

Sam Barlow was the lead designer on that, if I recall correctly

Sam Barlow is Good At Video Games

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    SimBen wrote: »

it actually kind of angers me that they had a really good, new Silent Hill formula on their hands in 2009, while the series was still alive, and then they didn't make another one like that while they still made Downpour and Book of Memories. And Silent Hills might've turned out good but it wouldn't have been like that. It basically did the whole "completely powerless protagonist, just run and hide" thing that all horror games did just a couple years ago and nobody credits this one for it. It's just so good aaah

Hard agree that it's really good.

You folks know that cool narrative framing device that Until Dawn did? Yeah, they did it in Shattered Memories first, and arguably to even better effect.

Shattered Memories also has the soundtrack closest to the first Silent Hill, IMO.

DarkPrimus on
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    i mean it was kind of expensive for a game where you just color in a house for an hour

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular

Luigi wanted to call his team the Luigi Sucks, but he's so used to that name always being taken already that he didn't even think to try.

This discussion has been closed.