Options

[Webcomics] Marys and Wilburs and Cagle Cats, oh my!

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Why two words when one can suffice? Obliviate.

Granted he may have methods of finding out his memory has been tampered with but it'd give a good amount of time to disappear

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Granted he may have methods of finding out his memory has been tampered with but it'd give a good amount of time to disappear

Because Obliviate isn't going to send him to dine with his dead parents.
    Avada Kedavra on the other hand...

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    statler wrote: »

Now they're going to hook up...

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Oh, we should be so lucky.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Elaro wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Oh, we should be so lucky.

That's only for the Patreon supporters.
    Sorry.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The arc ends with Mary lavishing highly specific praise on the many benefits of polysexual throuples

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The early days of my characters were severely visually impoverished. Shelley drives a bug because in 1998, pre-photo ref and Sketchup etc, the only car I had in my “office” was one of those pull-back Transformers Bumblebees (Goldbug?) to draw from.

• Options
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    He'd know if it was Goldbug.

Because Goldbug is gold

Also he has a mouth guard

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

I thought it was time spinner

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Avada kedavra is sort of stupid in that it can miss (or even bounce back at the user!) and requires harm to the users' soul. Batman could also die from being shot with a gun in the right spot.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Avada kedavra is sort of stupid in that it can miss (or even bounce back at the user!) and requires harm to the users' soul. Batman could also die from being shot with a gun in the right spot.

It cant reflect unless theres specific magic or conditions in place. Murder in general damages the soul not just the killing curse.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

It cant reflect unless theres specific magic or conditions in place. Murder in general damages the soul not just the killing curse.

Which is why Hermione's signature spell has been the Memory Charm.

Not to mention the usage of the Unforgivables is difficult for good people because their activation requires deep intent. The Killing Curse requires the wielder to want their target to die. Not a fleeting whim either, it has to be a deep, dark, burning wish to murder. Easy for sociopathic Death Eaters, not so much for normal people.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

"Harm to the users' soul" is more of a general "murdering people does this to you" thing in Rowling's work. Contrary to what various evangelicals thought, those books got kind of religious at times. (Similarly, the greatest evil is trying to extend your life and you need to learn to accept death.)

• Options

To be honest, I didn't think about that. If one of Bruce's parents was killed specifically trying to protect Bruce (as opposed to protecting their money or themselves) than he'd be protected from the killing curse.

I thought it was time spinner

Could have been, but the conversation says they're fighting. I don't think Granger would have the time to research Batman's past and determine that a hand sized time machine would give him the option to go back in time to save his parents and alter his own time line while she's being punched in the face by a grown man in a bat costume. And Batman's probably received enough lethal items from assorted foes over the years to trust anything given to him by a stranger who he's intent on fighting, particularly one that does magic.

• Options
    It depends on the specific slow-motion origin story, but in most of them one or both of his parents (who are dead) died to protect Bruce.
    It's fairly well established that this sort of sacrifice causes Avada Kedavra to screw up.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    A moot point, as the Harry Potter universe works by Time Loop rules. Anything Bruce or Hermione tries to do to save his parents would have already happened.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    A moot point, as the Harry Potter universe works by Time Loop rules. Anything Bruce or Hermione tries to do to save his parents would have already happened.

And was thwarted by the Titans cheerfully shoving them into that alley.

What?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    36qr9vtujrac.jpg
    Outsider
    I am both the space elves and the human in this conversation it seems

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Brainleech wrote: »
    36qr9vtujrac.jpg
    Outsider
    I am both the space elves and the human in this conversation it seems

Consider that "Enzin" Jardin now embodies all of the luck of the crew of his hapless scout vessel, and the combined hopes of his people...

(and being the beneficiary of the price paid by the former, what might he be called upon to do for the latter?)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    did john wick teach you kids nothing?

double tap!

double tap!

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I mean, I think he put four lightswords through the fellow.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

THAT WASN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    The early days of my characters were severely visually impoverished. Shelley drives a bug because in 1998, pre-photo ref and Sketchup etc, the only car I had in my “office” was one of those pull-back Transformers Bumblebees (Goldbug?) to draw from.

r1Yma73.png

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Be real funny if at the end of the day the pair are incapable of killing each other.

• Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    RE: Outsider

I'm going to be so so so pissed if the space elves turn out to be evil. I like them.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    They are going to turn out to be ravenous space predators who will cook blondo alive in space vegetable stock but that is only arguably evil

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    notya wrote: »

I'm going to be so so so pissed if the space elves turn out to be evil. I like them.

There aren't going to be good guys in a giant galactic war that press gangs species into joining.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I dont think they're "the bad guys" but I'm liking the depiction of their culture and how it isnt good/bad but still could fit into those categories depending on the perspective taken.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    notya wrote: »

There aren't going to be good guys in a giant galactic war that press gangs species into joining.

Yeah, remember that "neutrality" is not a thing in this conflict. Genocide is the explicit punishment from both sides for not flying under the correct banner.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    lucky to be alive, that one.

• Options
    Label wrote: »
    lucky to be alive, that one.

He's getting his punishment in the bardic tradition.

This discussion has been closed.