As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Adore EA & Corruption 2029 out today!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    im playing sekiro and i just can't beat this guardian ape. I'm pretty sure i've opened up every path and done everything available to me except for beating this bloody monkey

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    im playing sekiro and i just can't beat this guardian ape. I'm pretty sure i've opened up every path and done everything available to me except for beating this bloody monkey

That monkey sucks eggs

Keep at it though.
    In his second phase when he raises his sword high up intimate the air me ready to deflect it. If you do he gets staggered for a long time where you can get a lot of good hits.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Lalabox wrote: »

That monkey sucks eggs

Keep at it though.
    In his second phase when he raises his sword high up intimate the air me ready to deflect it. If you do he gets staggered for a long time where you can get a lot of good hits.

You can also use your spear attachment during this stagger to do serious damage.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Boy, Disco Elysium is extremely big mood

The writing has been charming from the jump

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    You fool. You can't turn up graphics. You have to tighten them.

My lack of game development training shows :(

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I tried playing Cities Skylines again today. Did my usual thing of playing okay until I needed to upgrade my traffic system, then spending 30 minutes trying to design a junction for my main arterial road that is efficient and not hideous before getting frustrated and quitting the game.

Building intersections in that game is such a fucking chore.

That's how it went for me, every time I played that game. Then I saw this https://imgur.com/gallery/WdJim and that made me clam up and I never played the game again.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    If you hate building intersections there's shitloads of pre-built ones on the workshop.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Remilia, the first trans woman to compete in professional League of Legends, has passed away.

Dang this sucks. So young

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    FREE👏EPIC👏GAME👏OF👏THE👏DAY👏: The Talos Principle
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/the-talos-principle/home (Unfortunately, the DLCs for the game are not included and not available on Epic)
    Tomorrow is most likely YouTube-screamer-man-favorite Hello Neighbor

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    PC Cleaning Day.

Clean out the ol' PC.

Took off the front bezel of my computer and there was enough dust in there to fill a comforter.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    My folks bought me a $100 Amazon gift card for Christmas, yay! And then they lost it before they could give it to me and didn't realize until Christmas, boo!
    Today they finally replaced it, yay! Gonna buy 16 GB of RAM because 8 GB isn't enough anymore, yaaaaaaaaaaaay

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    PC Cleaning Day.

Clean out the ol' PC.

Took off the front bezel of my computer and there was enough dust in there to fill a comforter.

I went to clean mine out a couple months ago. I'd had it for like, a year or so? and hadn't cleaned it yet so I was expecting it to look like Tutankhamun's tomb.

Turns out there are filters over all the intake fans so it was actually nearly spotless in there! Those filters weren't too nasty either, honestly, and just needed a wipedown and everything was good to go.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Snort the computer dust, overclock your mind

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    So unfortunately for my brother he ended up having to get a new cpu and he gave me The Outer World's that came with it so yolo guess I'm playing it now

I'm only like 30mins in but it's nifty

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Infinifactory: "Tip: solving a puzzle is more important than making it fast or elegant"

Uh excuse me, this rat's nest of conveyors is extremely elegant

Edit: it does not, however, work, so, point taken

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man I really want to hop back into space engineers

That game is probably super dead though

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Divinity os 2 while long has been a great 4 player coop campaign

I also mass corpse exploded so many things it both led to a party wipe and took my pc two seconds to process the shear amount of explosions while hosting and everyone held their breath it was amazing

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Watching The Witcher made me feel like playing the games, so I've picked up Witcher 2 where I left it, about halfway through. I am so lost. I can't remember the controls and the game doesn't have a button map so I can't figure out how to examine/pick up an object. And I'm in a war camp and if I go into some canyons nearby I get teleported to a battle where I die instantly, which is confusing. I dunno what I was doing when I stopped playing.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Watching The Witcher made me feel like playing the games, so I've picked up Witcher 2 where I left it, about halfway through. I am so lost. I can't remember the controls and the game doesn't have a button map so I can't figure out how to examine/pick up an object. And I'm in a war camp and if I go into some canyons nearby I get teleported to a battle where I die instantly, which is confusing. I dunno what I was doing when I stopped playing.

I restarted the Witcher 2 proooobably...3? 4? times before I managed a full playthrough, same reason (What faction is fighting who? Why? Who is this guy again?). Super worth it though, that game is great.

I still have to finish that second Witcher 3 DLC...

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    The Witcher 2 is rough in that it starts at its most difficult which lasts till about the major decision that splits the story in two so restarting is harsh but potentially necessary.

I can catch you up on the story thus far if you'd like.

Also shame on you el_vicio, is that Blood and Wine you haven't finished? Cause that's a really great conclusion to the series. Though I do prefer Hearts of Stone a lil bit better.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Ok I think I have a rough grasp of what I'm doing, after running around a bit and doing steps of a few quests.

Forgot how much I enjoy Geralt as a PC.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Ok I think I have a rough grasp of what I'm doing, after running around a bit and doing steps of a few quests.

This is the real master stroke of the Witcher games compared to something like Skyrim or Mass Effect.

Focusing on one predefined character means that the story matters so much more. The decisions all make sense for Geralt as a character, and the narrative is so much more cohesive as a result. Focusing on blank slate player inserts always leads to limp story or endings that cannot possibly satisfy everyone.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    The Witcher 2 is rough in that it starts at its most difficult which lasts till about the major decision that splits the story in two so restarting is harsh but potentially necessary.

I can catch you up on the story thus far if you'd like.

Also shame on you el_vicio, is that Blood and Wine you haven't finished? Cause that's a really great conclusion to the series. Though I do prefer Hearts of Stone a lil bit better.

I know! I got caught up in doing all the sidestuff...I really did enjoy the vibe of that DLC.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    So I noticed something funny when you bug out some settlers and jumpstart in Civ6. The AI will cheat right back in spades!
    (I'm the red line, can see my cheat jump, then look at what purple does a few turns later rofl)

F6AB97DA4A1F8B92EC6A8D2DF4CA742ACE7911D0

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl Geralt the Witcher diary part 3? (Look I spend a lot of time drinking)
    I'm in Act 3 now. Hunting salamandra cells in the city. It's got to the point where I need to make a move on a major salamandra base but I need support. Slight issue, these fucks are so well connected I can't make a move on them with help from the City militia

The merchant I'm working with has given me two choices. Help from either:
    • The Order of the Flaming Rose.
      Or
    • The Squirrels

Slight issue. They're both fucking terrible and I've made a point so far to not pick a side.

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    I'm in Act 3 now. Hunting salamandra cells in the city. It's got to the point where I need to make a move on a major salamandra base but I need support. Slight issue, these fucks are so well connected I can't make a move on them with help from the City militia

Or
    • The Squirrels

Slight issue. They're both fucking terrible and I've made a point so far to not pick a side.

you have to choose, witcher

the lesser evil

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Can you get The Order Of the Flaming Fist instead? Those guys seem pretty legit.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Tower of Time is a kinda neat tactics game, though I only made it a few levels in. It's easily worth > 0 dollars if anyone is thinking of picking it up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

This is the real master stroke of the Witcher games compared to something like Skyrim or Mass Effect.

Focusing on one predefined character means that the story matters so much more. The decisions all make sense for Geralt as a character, and the narrative is so much more cohesive as a result. Focusing on blank slate player inserts always leads to limp story or endings that cannot possibly satisfy everyone.

I think it's a double bladed sword. The story may be more defined, but I know there's absolutely been games like that I passed on because I had no interest in playing yet another game locked into a dude pc.

• Options

I just love his deadpan manner, oozing exasperation at everyone he has to deal with. He cracks me up.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I just love his deadpan manner, oozing exasperation at everyone he has to deal with. He cracks me up.

I just did the little side quest where a random bush knight challenges you to a duel because he wants to kill 100 knights for the honor of a lady you've never met. After you thrash him Geralt goes "Return to lady Bilberry and apologize for being an asshole" and it was perfect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »

Or
    • The Squirrels

you have to choose, witcher

the lesser evil

So, get hammered and stumble home and be yelled at by Triss?

Got it.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tarkov Update:

The devs started a Twitch Drops things where you watch streamers and get random items in game. This suddenly blew it up on Twitch and it is now trading for top slot with the IRL section. Pestily, who I've been watching for a while to get tips and also because he is generally a nice dude, has been top streamer on twitch for hours now with something like quintuple his normal viewer numbers. Kinda cool to see.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Karl Geralt the Witcher diary part 4
    So I just had some group sex with a small coven of vampires.

Karl on
  • Options
    YVTjRfE.jpg

https://twitch.amazon.com/tp

hey, if you've got amazon/twitch prime, you can claim these games as part of their free monthly games package

I think I have like 3 copies of ape out now via humble/twitch/epic

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

I think it's a double bladed sword. The story may be more defined, but I know there's absolutely been games like that I passed on because I had no interest in playing yet another game locked into a dude pc.

Or if you just don't find the protagonist that interesting.
    Like, i don't find Geralt that interesting, probably would have been lot mor into witcher games decade or two ago, but these days not so much.
    It's not that they are badly written, somehow i'm just not interested.
    Option to create your own character, even if only in limited way like Skyrim and Fallout 3/4 can do a lot to generate interest in the story, even if the story might not be as well written or as personal.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If you lay out all of Geralt's character traits it sounds like something I would have thought was really cool when I was twelve.

It's a triumph of writing and, especially, acting that I ended up loving him as much as I did in Witcher 3

• Options
    I liked Divinity OS2's system, where you can create a custom character but then assign a narrative background to them.

So you can still have people refer to you by your name instead of having to awkwardly refer to you by your title all the time, and you can have an established history with existing characters instead of just being a stranger to everyone you meet, and you can get a decent quality of dialogue that fits your character background instead of just general responses.

This discussion has been closed.