everyone's back at their [job] and it's THE WORST

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    It’s 4:20 PM, and you know what THAT means.

40 minutes till I can leave.

BucketmanTonkkaNightDragon
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    4wealwhsoyxd.png5j9ndm3ewb1n.png
    dfdxqfooc1kn.png4r3rfkm5y9ur.png

Commander ZoomBucketmanThegreatcowwebguy20HeadCreepsShortyLocal H JayKayne Red RobeShadowfireTofystedethLord_AsmodeusSleepTynnanMrGrimoireMulysaSemproniusDrezElvenshaeIloveslimesJaysonFourPlatyTNTrooperTonkkaCormacSorceToxWorsel96AngelHedgiePerrsunSkeithfurlionstopgapMunkus BeaverNightDragonGnome-InterruptusRoyceSraphim
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    It’s 4:20 PM, and you know what THAT means.

40 minutes till I can leave.

Hell yeah dude, light up

the floor with the flame trails you'll leave when you get outta there

OrcaTynnanDrezElvenshaeNightDragonGnome-InterruptusRoyceSraphim
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Um.

DisruptedCapitalistTynnan
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Note to those that might not get the joke: In the US version of Sailor Moon they changed the voice lines to call the lesbian couple cousins.

BrainleechOrcaThe Escape GoatKayne Red RobeKetBraTofystedethLord_AsmodeusN1tSt4lkerTynnanDouglasDangerElvenshaeKruiteCalicaGoose!TNTrooperMoridin889SorceToxNaphtaliSkeithMunkus BeaverNightDragonRoyceSraphim
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh, that makes more sense.

BucketmanOrcaCommander ZoomDisruptedCapitalistTynnanToxRoyceSraphim
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Note to those that might not get the joke: In the US version of Sailor Moon they changed the voice lines to call the lesbian couple cousins.

p2pdbnnls00n.png

BucketmanLocal H JayKayne Red RobeTofystedethLord_AsmodeusTynnanDouglasDangerElvenshaePlatyTNTrooperSorceTraceToxSkeithNightDragonRoyceSraphim
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    So my school leadership just found out this morning that starting in the 20-21 school year their students will be required to obtain some sort of professional certification in order to graduate. This came with no warning apparently. Nobody had ever mentioned to them that this was even being considered or discussed.

So now they're panicking and trying to come up with something to apply to ALL students. Thank god I it's a whole pile of not-my-problem.

This came just 24 hours after the district dropped something about requiring certain digital citizenship/tech literacy requirements on every student in the district to be completed by the middle of May. Of course this means schools are mad at the tech department, but we were caught just as flat-footed as they were and knew nothing about it, therefore have no guidance to give principals. This is kinda sorta my problem, but the guidance delivered to me was today was to point principals and teachers to a different department entirely.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    Oof, not even a year for implementation

expendableKayne Red RobeDouglasDangerFishmantynicBucketmanElvenshaewebguy20JaysonFourKetarMoridin889Aldochrishallett83Sorceani_game_bumSkeithSlacker71Gnome-InterruptusRoyceSraphim
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    I helped a blind lady get to her train car after she got stuck behind a pillar.

I'm basically Mother Theresa but actually a good person.

KetBraShortySnicketysnickBucketmanElvenshaeElaroKruiteThe Escape GoatJaysonFourkimeCormacSorceToxani_game_bumL Ron HowardPeen3clipseSkeithSlacker71NightDragonRoyceSraphim
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    expendable wrote: »
    So my school leadership just found out this morning that starting in the 20-21 school year their students will be required to obtain some sort of professional certification in order to graduate. This came with no warning apparently. Nobody had ever mentioned to them that this was even being considered or discussed.

So now they're panicking and trying to come up with something to apply to ALL students. Thank god I it's a whole pile of not-my-problem.

This came just 24 hours after the district dropped something about requiring certain digital citizenship/tech literacy requirements on every student in the district to be completed by the middle of May. Of course this means schools are mad at the tech department, but we were caught just as flat-footed as they were and knew nothing about it, therefore have no guidance to give principals. This is kinda sorta my problem, but the guidance delivered to me was today was to point principals and teachers to a different department entirely.

W- what? They're supposed to all get A+ certs or Six Sigma black belts or become registered welders or some shit?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    DisruptedCapitalistKayne Red Robetynicwebguy20GnizmoCalicaOrcaBucketmanMoridin889NaphtaliL Ron Howard3clipseSkeithSlacker71Gnome-InterruptusRoyceSraphim
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My boss let me know that everything's been taken care of just to let me relax. He said one client got angry because I'm the only one in the area who can do virus removals in the field and I won't be in tomorrow, so she has to be rescheduled to another day. She threw a fit and started screaming at my boss, who told her "hey yeah I get it, I can cancel the appointment instead, no problem, hope you have a great day."

So hey, that's cool. Now I don't have to worry about clients and can just freak out about everything else!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Commander ZoomDisruptedCapitalistKayne Red RobeTynnanThegreatcowTofystedethJedocFishmanQuidElvenshaeGnizmoCalicaBucketmanIloveslimesThe Escape GoatAistanKetarTNTrooperkimeMoridin889DevoutlyApatheticCormacthatassemblyguyAldoSporkAndrewSorcegodmodeToxPolaritieLaOsani_game_bumL Ron HowardPeen3clipsehonoverelonelyahavaKadithSkeithstopgapGnome-InterruptusRoyceSraphim
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    Three times a year I have to turn the library into a restaurant for teachers. This year I made it fancy and got table cloths and little led candles and got calming mood lighting going.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

JedocFishmanQuidElvenshaeCommander ZoomchromdomCalicaBucketmanJaysonFourThe Escape GoatTNTrooperkimeDevoutlyApatheticCormacDisruptedCapitalistCarpyAldoSorceToxPolaritieLaOsani_game_bumL Ron HowardPeen3clipseJansonhonoverelonelyahavaSkeithstopgapSlacker71NightDragonGnome-InterruptusRoyceSraphim
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    Well I did that thing yesterday and it generated a phone call today, which means a mystery plaguing my office for almost a year is hopefully on its way to a final resolution in a week or two. Really made my day.

dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    DouglasDangerElvenshaechromdomCalicaBucketmanTynnanJaysonFourThe Escape GoatTNTrooperDevoutlyApatheticSporkAndrewSorceToxN1tSt4lkerLaOsL Ron Howard3clipseJansonGnome-InterruptusRoyceSraphim
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    My boss let me know that everything's been taken care of just to let me relax. He said one client got angry because I'm the only one in the area who can do virus removals in the field and I won't be in tomorrow, so she has to be rescheduled to another day. She threw a fit and started screaming at my boss, who told her "hey yeah I get it, I can cancel the appointment instead, no problem, hope you have a great day."

So hey, that's cool. Now I don't have to worry about clients and can just freak out about everything else!

Having a boss who will stand up for you to unreasonable customers is a gift. When I worked on the helpdesk our boss would not stand for people being excessively rude to us. If we reported someone, even a doctor for crossing a line he'd get their manager on their case about it.

steam_sig.png
    JedocElvenshaeLindsay LohanCalicaBucketmanKayne Red RobeLaOsL Ron Howard3clipseKadithNightDragonGnome-Interruptus
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    Just sat through a three-hour meeting right next to someone who coughed through the whole thing and then at the end said they were feeling feverish.

So long, gang, time to move on out to Arizona, I fear the air of Oklahoma will soon be too damp and heavy for my consumption-riddled lungs.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    AtaxrxesNightDragonGnome-Interruptus
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    In a follow up to the health system tellings it's employees to sell the health systems insurance plans to everyone they know for cash prizes shit show thing from earlier,

I wrote "this is gross and unethical" on the company newsfeed article comments section

Really sticking it to man right here with this meaningless act that will probably get me fired

Better work on that resume and begin looking for a job that pays at least $15/hr

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    AtaxrxesJansonNightDragon
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    That feel when your boss tries to call you in on your day off but you literally don't give a fuck and just keep playing video games

XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    FishmanMechMantisElvenshaewebguy20The Escape GoatkimeBucketmanMoridin889DevoutlyApatheticthatassemblyguyDisruptedCapitalistIloveslimeschrishallett83TraceToxPolaritieLaOsani_game_bumL Ron Howard3clipseJansonKadithSkeithstopgapSlacker71NightDragonGnome-Interruptus
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Just sat through a three-hour meeting right next to someone who coughed through the whole thing and then at the end said they were feeling feverish.

So long, gang, time to move on out to Arizona, I fear the air of Oklahoma will soon be too damp and heavy for my consumption-riddled lungs.

You can stay in my spare room as long as you pay for my mortgage. And utilities.

ElvenshaeBucketmanTox
    Brainleech wrote: »
    4wealwhsoyxd.png5j9ndm3ewb1n.png
    dfdxqfooc1kn.png4r3rfkm5y9ur.png

Sailor Swoon

ElvenshaeLord_AsmodeusJaysonFourBucketmanToxSkeithNightDragon
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular

Jedoc, you'll always be my huckleberry.

JedocElvenshaeN1tSt4lkerBucketmanL Ron HowardSkeith
    I start overnights again but I was so used to sleeping till 11am and going to bed at 3am that I tired staying up so I could sleep later. I failed in that as I got up a little after 1
    I know I will be tired when I come home. I am also scared that I am going to be put in charge of Cap 2 again and clean up the mess it is again

I initially balked at spending $50 of my own money on table cloths but the food is done and I didn't have to spend my entire evening cleaning tables! I only lost four of the table cloths to damage so I can reuse the rest.

Commander ZoomCalicaLindsay LohanTynnanJedocThe Escape GoatTNTrooperDisruptedCapitalistJragghenEncchrishallett83SorceBucketmanLaOsThegreatcowPeen3clipseL Ron HowardlonelyahavaKadithSkeithLord_AsmodeusstopgapSlacker71NightDragonGnome-Interruptus
  • OghulkOghulk biggest externality low-energy economistRegistered User regular
    So I'm going to do something very stupid

I graduate from graduate school in May.

For those that don't know I spent 2 years between undergrad and grad school waiting on a security clearance

Well there's a position I am qualified for (almost explicitly what my program is designed to churn out), in my city, with an interesting org of the federal government, that requires a security clearance, that I'm going to apply for

Because this dick don't learn things the first time

raoADVy.png
    JedocMrMonroeThe Escape GoatKayne Red RobeBrainleechkimeShadowfireMoridin889CalicaGnizmoDevoutlyApatheticwebguy20DisruptedCapitalistElvenshaeMrGrimoireJragghenchrishallett83tynicSporkAndrewSorceschussToxPolaritieBucketmanLaOsani_game_bumThegreatcowThroPeen3clipseL Ron HowardJansonSnicketysnicklonelyahavaKadithSkeithLord_AsmodeusstopgapSlacker71NightDragonGnome-InterruptusRoyceSraphim
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    Yeah, let's do this thing. I am not joking at all when I say that perhaps the completely arbitrary nature of security clearances will swing in your favor this time, because why fucking not?

GDdCWMm.jpg
    OghulkTynnanKayne Red RobeMoridin889DisruptedCapitalistSorceDouglasDangerToxBucketmanLaOsThegreatcow3clipseL Ron HowardJansonSkeithLord_AsmodeusSlacker71
    Yeah, let's do this thing. I am not joking at all when I say that perhaps the completely arbitrary nature of security clearances will swing in your favor this time, because why fucking not?

At least this one is lower this time

raoADVy.png
    That aside I'm applying for mostly public data analyst/program analyst type positions right now. Preferably wanna get something in public finance, but meh. Gonna apply for more private sector stuff as I get closer to graduation, but right now I want to focus on applying to public sector stuff because that's where I want to work. Most preferably with the city, but other public sector work around here is good too.

Luckily I'll have lots of experience in data management from my own research work and my RA work to talk about in an interview. Any time I get asked a question I'll start with "let me tell you motherfuckers about Arkansas"

raoADVy.png
    ElvenshaeBucketmanLaOsThegreatcowL Ron HowardSkeith
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    Oghulk wrote: »
    So I'm going to do something very stupid

I graduate from graduate school in May.

For those that don't know I spent 2 years between undergrad and grad school waiting on a security clearance

Well there's a position I am qualified for (almost explicitly what my program is designed to churn out), in my city, with an interesting org of the federal government, that requires a security clearance, that I'm going to apply for

Because this dick don't learn things the first time

I'm hiring an analyst right now, guested guaranteed 0% stupid bullshit, just thirsting throwing that out there.

Edit - jfc autocorrect please stop exposing my inner monologue

MrMonroe on
    CalicaElvenshaechrishallett83tynicBucketmanLaOsThegreatcow3clipseL Ron HowardSkeithSlacker71Gnome-Interruptus
  • ElaroElaro Mister No Fun AllowedRegistered User regular
    My OTP is MrMonroe/Oghulk.

"Most people don't look at the world through your asshole"
    The Escape GoatKetBraBucketmanL Ron Howard
    IIRC the Mr isn't in Texas

Tbh I know I'm limiting myself by wanting to stay in this area, but it's my home, family is here, SO is here, etc.

raoADVy.png
  • minor incidentminor incident Helen Keller to the bullshit Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    At work we use a bot for support tickets via Discord. A paid bot. With a monthly fee and everything. Like, it's a legit piece of software and seems to be about the best option of this type that I've found.

Anyway, today I was checking through the ticket logs on it because I needed to find something. This was my first time diving into the logs. Luckily each ticket is archived as its own file, AND they're date and time stamped, so this should be easy! But as soon as I start digging through them, none of it makes any goddamn sense. I start to wonder if all the numbers in the file names are even date/time stamps or if they're just randomly assigned because I can't make heads or tails of it.

You know, usually when you use date and time in filenames, you'd do something sensible like YYYY-MM-DD-hh-mm-ss. Or if you're a stubborn American who doesn't care about your future self having to find files, you go MM-DD-YYYY-hh-mm-ss.

Then it hit me. The galaxy brain who wrote this bot (and hard coded the timestamps) set them up as: ssmmhhMMDDYYYY

minor incident on
    Steam: minor incident || PSN: inter-punct
    You may not find all that you're after. In the end I hope it doesn't matter.
    JedockimeThe Escape GoatCalicaDevoutlyApatheticwebguy20ElvenshaeJragghenFlarneIloveslimesTynnanchrishallett83tynicSolventSporkAndrewSorceToxPolaritieTofystedethBucketmanLaOsThegreatcow3clipseL Ron HowardSnicketysnickInfidelJaysonFourSkeithLord_AsmodeusstopgapSlacker71NightDragonGnome-InterruptusRoyceSraphim
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Registered User regular
    That is probably the most useless timestamp format I've seen.

minor incidentmightyjongyoTNTrooperkimeThe Escape GoatFishmanOrcaShadowfireCommander ZoomCalicaGnizmoDevoutlyApatheticwebguy20DisruptedCapitalistMr FuzzbuttCarpyElvenshaeJragghenIloveslimesTynnanAldochrishallett83tynicSporkAndrewSorceDouglasDangerNarbusschussToxEchoEl SkidKayne Red RobePolaritieTofystedethBucketmanLaOsNaphtaliPeen3clipseL Ron HowardSnicketysnickInfidelJaysonFourSkeithLord_AsmodeusstopgapSlacker71NightDragonGnome-Interruptus
    It's actually not a terrible random number generator, if that's what you were going for.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    minor incidentkimeThe Escape GoatDisruptedCapitalistElvenshaeBucketman3clipseL Ron HowardNightDragon
  • minor incidentminor incident Helen Keller to the bullshit Registered User regular
    That is probably the most useless timestamp format I've seen.

RIGHT?!

I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I can't come up with a single reason anyone would ever use that as a timestamp.

Steam: minor incident || PSN: inter-punct
    You may not find all that you're after. In the end I hope it doesn't matter.
    Elvenshae
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The wife is probably staying overnight because they want to do a full spinal MRI which is done in multiple parts. In planning stuff with her we realized that with the whirlwind today has been, she didn't call her work to say she wouldn't be on. So add that stress to the pile.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Great bonus to being the guy that makes the schedules. I just booked a vacation to visit my parents on the Gulf coast in a couple weeks, and I've already gotten all the scheduling changes taken care of including submitting my vacation hours.

hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
    Kayne Red RobeBucketmanLaOsJaysonFourstopgap
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I get to possibly fire someone tomorrow morning! My week is going great!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    expendable wrote: »

W- what? They're supposed to all get A+ certs or Six Sigma black belts or become registered welders or some shit?

I guess? Some of the career/trade classes already did this for the kids that stuck with the program for some number of years, but there's a population of kids who don't stick with one program, or mainly focus on college classes and academics.

I would not be at all opposed to every high schooler walking out with a Core 1 A+ Cert or something. Technology literacy is way down on the baseline. It's easy for me to say that though because I wouldn't be teaching it. It's spendy and a bit overkill, but I have no certs whatsoever so I don't know if there's a lower tier or something that would cover basic shit like what the parts of a computer do and basic troubleshooting and just generally how shit works on the internet.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @Weaver should your store's broadway doors be open at this time?

edited February 14
    - Everyone shits themselves preparing for a team meeting which the new executive was invited to for 9AM this morning.
    - Said executive ends up not joining due to a last minute conflict.

Fuck this place.

Drez on
    Kayne Red RobeCarpyJaysonFourSkeithTonkkaLord_AsmodeusSlacker71EncGnome-Interruptus