[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] More 'Mech action than you can shake an UrbanMech at!

18910111214»

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    I won't lie, that looks suspiciously like a Catapult with Marauder arms bolted on.

We shall call it a Catamar! :razz:

Maruadapult

5gsowHm.png
    AxenNipsIanatorH3KnucklesElvenshae
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    VoodooV wrote: »
    Imma just put this here:

The Internal Security Force has deemed this holovid as Subversive Propaganda created by the honorless Lyran Commonwealth in order to corrupt loyal Combine Citizens. To all citizens who have witness this fabrication please report to the nearest Bureau of General Indoctrination office for reeducation.

Remember, if it didn't come from the Bureau of Official Information then it is lies.

What can I say, I only recently discovered BPL and have been loving the Tex Talks. Can't wait for part 2 of the clanner lecture.

Despite backing Battletech day one on the Kickstarter, I'm LTTP in actually playing the game, so I'm actually only part way into the campaign.

Asking for a friend, I heard that Tex got added into one of the mods. My friend is trying to find him within the mod but has been unsuccessful. Has anyone found him and recruited him?

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 22
    MWO:

Taking the VTR-9S out for a spin
    When the brawling's good, the brawling is good.
    pz8lr5flv27s.jpg

Nobody on
    Gnome-InterruptusBetsuniNipsH3KnucklesIoloElvenshaeTox
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    MWO: PGI is giving away a free hero mech, mech bay and 14 days of premium time.

Code: STAY_SAFE_2020

https://mwomercs.com/news/2020/03/2396-free-hero-mech-bay-14-days-premium-time

You buried the lede.

They're not just giving away any hero mech (obviously)

They're giving away the Wolverine Quarantine hero 'mech.

They claim it is the best Hero medium mech in the game, but we all know that is the Yen-Lo-Wang.

That's a funny spelling for Bounty Hunter II.

Medium.

Pre-coffee brain believes Marauders are mediums.

...makes for weird Scouting matches.

I knew I'd catch someone when I said that (which is why I put in the word Medium). You just happened to be the one.

But we all know you are our filthy Clanner so we'll let it slide.

See, even restricting it to mediums, I think I'm more fond of the Arrow than the Wang.

But... The... Wait...

More proof that Clanners do not have any sense of humor.

Actually I remember the Arrow being destructive on the battlefield with its 6 machine guns. Till the Arctic Cheetah and Mist Lynx did it better (and Piranha). I miss seeing the Arrow.

"BJ Arrow" is what my college ex-girlfriend called my...
    This gag brought to you by the fine folks at the Youtube channel CinemaSins

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    NipsAxenH3KnucklesBetsuniElvenshae
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Me: Hm, I should pop on MWO. Oh hey I remember buying this Fafnir, but why'd I name it "Cash Cow"?

-one game later-

Me: Oh right, because it has 4 RAC2s and 3 MLs and deletes all the components.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    NobodyH3KnucklesIanatorBetsuniElvenshaeNipsGnome-Interruptusstopgap
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    MWO:

Got enough lootbags for the free mech, after weighing all the options I took the Executioner.
    Final choice was down to the Executioner, Night Gyr, Stalker, and both Summoners. I didn't really need the Stalker, the Night Gyr was the wrong variant, and I already had two Summoners.

Think I'm going to go for this build (similar to one I've seen used in the past): EXE-C

H3KnucklesElvenshaeBetsuniNipsAxen
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Of all the things I expected to read today, NVidia using MW5 as a poster child for AI-assisted graphical upgrades was not what I was expecting.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-nvidia-dlss-ansel/

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    BetsuniAxenGnome-Interruptus
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Oooh I know someone who would get a kick out of these.

It's me, I'll get a kick out of these.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    OrcaGnome-InterruptusElvenshaeH3KnucklesIanatorTynnanSyngyne
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    With all the madness about I completely forgot last week's MWO Oosik Night.

But today I was reminded... Anybody going to be available to play tonight? @Erlkönig @TOGSolid @Elvenshae ?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    IoloElvenshae
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Anybody use a HOTAS setup with mech 5? Im having some issues getting my thrustmaster t16000 to work

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    MWO: Oosik Night is live.

@Erlkönig @TOGSolid @Elvenshae @Nips <- Just because.

oosik_betsuni.png
    ElvenshaeIolo
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hoping to hop on a bit later - doing finance stuff with my wife ATM.

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Betsuni
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Hoping to hop on a bit later - doing finance stuff with my wife ATM.

Sorry we missed ya. Was fun trying to synch drop with @Erlkönig tonight. One match we were on opposing sides. Then mostly non-synched. Finally the last match of the night and we get on the same team, only to be slaughtered by the enemy team. Oh well at least we got to drop together. Good times.

Till next week fellow MWOers. Same Mech time, same Mech channel.

oosik_betsuni.png
    ElvenshaeIolo
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Crossposted from the TT game thread:
    9srjmedody1p.jpg95s0pobbsowa.jpg

I am so damn salty that they never added the Crusader to the game.

Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    BetsuniGnome-InterruptusAxenIoloMcGibsIanatorNipsH3Knuckles
    They might have if they didn't take the MWO money to make MW5. At least that is what I think since they put MWO on life support after announcing MW5.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Elvenshae
    Please go look at the Battletech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter's latest update.

NobodyBetsuniNipssee317ElvenshaeIanatorIolo

Sadly I want this to be real. Hopefully someone will make a 3D model of this.

oosik_betsuni.png
    ElvenshaeIanator
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

I have hand tools, a laser cutter, styrene and acrylic sheet, and five models coming in Wave One.

I can make this a reality.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    BetsuniToxPhoenix-DElvenshaeIanatorH3KnucklesIolo
    edited 1:14AM
    Nips wrote: »

I have hand tools, a laser cutter, styrene and acrylic sheet, and five models coming in Wave One.

I have access to a 3D printer with it's own scanner. So I can probably take a fabricated prototype and create a 3D render.

That is, I have access to that stuff through my job, which I'm not longer doing on-site. And I've never actually done that before, so I don't actually know how to do it (but feel like I could figure out), so if someone else wants to I 100% defer, but still.

Even a silly Happy Meal / toddler age toy-level functionality would be amazing, too.

Tox at
    ElvenshaeBetsuniNipsH3KnucklesIoloNobody
    Nips wrote: »

Hmmm.... I need to think of this... Didn't think I could go looking at existing models and see what I can cobble up. IF I WASN'T SO BUSY WORKING AT HOME!!!! I swear I have more work at home than when I was in the office.

oosik_betsuni.png