As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Indeed, I prefer keeping my gauss rifles in my CT instead.

Belly button BEAAAAAMMMM

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Search lights look ridiculous on catapults.
    g9gvksuv4mk2.png

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Good job, you added googly eyes to your mech!

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Holy crap, pretty sure I just opened a game with two headshots? Hard to tell cuz I'm not sure where my headshot count was sitting originally but I hopped up on the middle of mining colony or whatever it's called and took a potshot at another ppc sniper... who... died... took another snapshot at a vapor eagle or something.. who also died.

Only showed one solo kill so the second one might have just been a CT hit someone softened up for me but damn, that game felt like I was playing counterstrike or something.

I don't know if I'll ever have a better first minute of a game than that.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Search lights look ridiculous on catapults.
    g9gvksuv4mk2.png

I like how you used the horns to make a silly mustache.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I wanted my mech to match the way I feel trying to convince my team to set up a firing line in tier 4

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I wanted my mech to match the way I feel trying to convince my team to set up a firing line in tier 4

You need to put it on your back then.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Hey guys, what's this?

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    The new variants PGI talked about adding?

JFC they couldn't even bother to make the Grand Dragon the -5K model, the one with LosTech upgrades built in. WTF?

The THUD 10SE, now yer talkin'.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Dragon needs more hardpoints too, it only has 4 energy and 2 missile. Both missile are in the CT which really limits what you can do.

• Options
    Thunderbolt with ECM and MASC? That is interesting and could be fun to play. I do still have one drop deck with 3 Thunderbolts.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    They're both up in MechDB right now.

Kinda thinking this for the TDR: TDR-10SE

The Grand Dragon is hard though. I did throw together a meme build with 4 LPPCs and a LFE 345. Hoping they remove the extra missile hard point and give it one more E hard point point in the right arm (if not both arms).

Nobody on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    @Nips do you have any models for the Roughneck? What about the Thunderbolt?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I still have reservations about my Vapor Eagle but tonight I managed to land on a build where I'm at least of the mindset of, "Yeah, okay sure."

2 SRM6
    4 SPL
    4 HMG
    4 Jump Jets (out of 6 possible)

It can't poptart because of the lack of range, but that's not a playstyle I've been able to get despite attempts. The initial build I had for it tonight was 4 MGs, 3 SPLs, the 2 SRM6s, 6 Jump Jets, and then a Large Pulse Laser to hit at range. But it just... wasn't working, I dunno. The build above lets me counter people who try to pull bullshit on my team. So counter-squirrel and counter-jumpers. That's about all it can do. Not my favorite task in playing but what the hell, why not.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Was watching Baradul stream yesterday and he did a match with a build that he called very boring... and yeah, I can see that, but also fuck it's mean. It was an ECM mech with twin gauss rifles, so you just find a hidey hole, invisible to the sensors, and shoot enemies with invisible projectiles as they're unable to find you while dealing with your allies.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    That's rude.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Was watching Baradul stream yesterday and he did a match with a build that he called very boring... and yeah, I can see that, but also fuck it's mean. It was an ECM mech with twin gauss rifles, so you just find a hidey hole, invisible to the sensors, and shoot enemies with invisible projectiles as they're unable to find you while dealing with your allies.

Thanatos?

• Options

Belly button BEAAAAAMMMM

You just reminded me that one of my Kodiaks had a cERLL in the CT and I called it my Care Bear Stare.
    Nobody wrote: »
    They're both up in MechDB right now.

Kinda thinking this for the TDR: TDR-10SE

The Grand Dragon is hard though. I did throw together a meme build with 4 LPPCs and a LFE 345. Hoping they remove the extra missile hard point and give it one more E hard point point in the right arm (if not both arms).

I was thinking a similar build since it is like my current 3LPL build.

Night Gyr?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Thanatos, yes.

• Options
    [Battletech]

Did a 3 skull side mission today with my Phoenix Hawk, Crab, Trebuchet and Firestarter. Jumped on a hill and ran along it to take out the enemy boss in a Jagermech. Jumped back on the hill and ran back to my drop point. By then the two enemy lances (primary and backup) were trailing me down the ridge so I couldn't get to the LZ without running through them. So I decided to form a firing line and let them either jump up a small hill to my line or run around the hill. Positioned my Firestarter on the bigger hill to flank the team. They started funneling in one by one, Cicada, Commando, Crab, Javelin, Griffin, Shadow Hawk... Meanwhile my Firestarter jumped down and was staring at the back of Cataphract! My Phoenix Hawk was seriously in trouble with armor and losing an arm. My Crab also lost an arm (why do they love disarming me). Meanwhile my Trebuchet was nearly pristine so I swapped it with the Phoenix Hawk on the front line. By then my poor Firestarter was armless and had to run away from the Cataphract and Centurion. After killing the conga line I jumped everybody over and luckily did some good damage taking out the Centurion in one turn and legging the Cataphract on the other (taking out the weapon side torso too). One stomp later and my almost destroyed Lance was out of there. Feeling cocky I repaired them all and flew to the next story mission since it is a 3 skull.

Figuring this should be easy with a SRM6 Catapult build, Phoenix Hawk, Trebuchet and... what the heck? Story Pilot in a Trebuchet too (and it sorta sucks)? Great... vehicles popping up, mop them up, next wave of turrets and vehicles, start taking damage, next wave of vehicles... Yeah my Phoenix Hawk dies to a wave of lucky shots and I get knocked out. My Catapult loses its arm with one lucky shot (and armor breached???). Story Pilot is fine and my other Trebuchet is trying to run and save the Catapult. What's this? I need to stay 2 more waves of this to finish the story??? Yeah, quit to desktop. *sigh* Guess I need to go farm more side missions to get more heavies. Back to not enjoying this game again.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Which story mission is this? There's a few early story missions that can be a bit overtuned if you're getting greedy about trying to get all bonus bucks.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Orca wrote: »
    Which story mission is this? There's a few early story missions that can be a bit overtuned if you're getting greedy about trying to get all bonus bucks.

sounds like the SLDF bunker.

If you can get through that mission you'll get a free assault mech.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

I thought that one gave you a Kintaro as a required mech? Anyway, it otherwise does match the description. I've managed with 3x mediums and a heavy, but I think it was an Orion or something similarly beefy for its weight class, withe the mediums all being 55 tons and well-fitted-out.

Recommendations, if you want them.
    If you don't have a bunch of heavies, you need speed and firepower to punch through the turrets, combined with a fighting retreat with your heaviest mech(s) to buy time for your infiltration squad. Be ready for a wave of assholes to pop out of the sally ports in your rear by the circle you need to stand in and prepare to wreck them as quickly as you can.

I honestly think you're a bit undergunned though, so yeah, more side missions would be a good idea.

If it makes you feel any better, the rewards from this mission + two heavies and a medium can take you through to the endgame if you're careful and willing to replay the odd mission as you figure out the trick(s) to it.

The story missions often have tricks to them for you to figure out that will make your life much easier/make it possible to beat the mission. First time through I had to replay many of them at least twice. First time to figure out the rules of the scenario, second time to exploit them.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited February 2021

I thought that one gave you a Kintaro as a required mech? Anyway, it otherwise does match the description. I've managed with 3x mediums and a heavy, but I think it was an Orion or something similarly beefy for its weight class, withe the mediums all being 55 tons and well-fitted-out.

Recommendations, if you want them.
    If you don't have a bunch of heavies, you need speed and firepower to punch through the turrets, combined with a fighting retreat with your heaviest mech(s) to buy time for your infiltration squad. Be ready for a wave of assholes to pop out of the sally ports in your rear by the circle you need to stand in and prepare to wreck them as quickly as you can.

I honestly think you're a bit undergunned though, so yeah, more side missions would be a good idea.

If it makes you feel any better, the rewards from this mission + two heavies and a medium can take you through to the endgame if you're careful and willing to replay the odd mission as you figure out the trick(s) to it.

The story missions often have tricks to them for you to figure out that will make your life much easier/make it possible to beat the mission. First time through I had to replay many of them at least twice. First time to figure out the rules of the scenario, second time to exploit them.

Yeah that is the one. I think my use of the Phoenix Hawk is limiting me. I only have 2ML and 2 SL on it. Gonna try it again with a mech with more firepower. As much as I love it, it just a jumping punch mech.

Edit: Thanks for those suggestions. I think my Catapult is not beefy enough. Might also swap that out.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah, 2 ML + 2 SL isn't going to do much good against those drones. You need more firepower--a lot more firepower. Vehicles can take a lot of punishment if you aren't targeting their rear arc.

• Options
    Today I discovered that there's an MWO streamer who is not only a professional race car driver, but her set up includes a steering wheel.
    Granted, it's probably because she also does racing games.

• Options
    Today I discovered that there's an MWO streamer who is not only a professional race car driver, but her set up includes a steering wheel.

something something nascar

• Options
    Tox wrote: »

something something nascar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1RUXxsxneo

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I fucking hate that that video exists, as funny as it is <_<

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

Belly button BEAAAAAMMMM

Dick lasers are a documented mecha tradition.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Belly button BEAAAAAMMMM

Dick lasers are a documented mecha tradition.

Zone of Enders had COCKpits. It was the best.

• Options
    Yeah, 2 ML + 2 SL isn't going to do much good against those drones. You need more firepower--a lot more firepower. Vehicles can take a lot of punishment if you aren't targeting their rear arc.

Well I accidentally loaded the mission again hitting the Continue button. Found out that my Phoenix Hawk has 3ML, 2SL (ha ha ha, like that one extra ML makes a difference). Decided to run everybody up to where the two/three tanks spawn and camped them with one medium. Took the Phoenix Hawk and camped him next to the third and then took my Catapult and medium to take out the turrets and the other one. Did so much better because this time the tanks went down faster by stepping on them. Actually did the second spawn by accident before stepping into the circle. Managed to finish it so much easier this time. Next mission I lost the Black Knight but easily destroyed the entire map. So guess I just needed better positioning. Then screwed up and flew around rather than going to the next mission wasting c-bills.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    So far this tier 5 alt is proving amusing:
    ub4vgzr82ag6.jpg

EDIT: This is in a trial Timber Wolf too:
    bfvb0zr5zn16.jpg

Nobody on
  • Options
    Alright, done with the initial matches, managed to get myself the Huntsman on match 26.

Who says Timber Wolves can't splash damage?

innpwdd0nrbu.png
    Yes, I survived until the end, and that was at about 25% of a mech left.

• Options
    Thinking about it and I honestly can't believe they never had a bug where AMS took out your own/friendly missiles.

That'd honestly be kind of hilarious.

• Options
    I'm having a hard time scoring component shots with the event just a few days away from ending, fuck me.

• Options
    I recommend using a dakka mech- something with 2xUAC10 or bigger. Doesn't take many 40 damage hits to remove a side torso and get you 2 components for the price of one.

Apropos of nothing, I wish they would adjust how AMS works so it was less effective against shorter range missiles. It feels like they buffed LRMs, then buffed AMS to compensate (while giving us both a 3xAMS Kitfox and a 4xAMS Corsair), which left all the short range missile users at the mercy of the matchmaker. I feel AMS' purpose should be to suppress long distance missile rain, not to completely negate SRM and ATM mechs at brawling range, just because they can't fire 40 rocket volleys to counter it.

Also, stealth armour really fucked up Streaks and, IMO, made them too unreliable to be worth using. What good is a TAG when you're expected to keep targeting that 150kmh flea for several seconds with it. Either let me dumbfire them or make TAG work against Stealth armour better.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time scoring component shots with the event just a few days away from ending, fuck me.

*High alpha load outs (especially laser vom) may be the solution here, or LBX focused mechs.
    *Keep stuff targeted. I’m fairly certain my TBR in the prior screenshot only survived because people weren’t keeping me targeted and aiming for weak components.
    *I believe that side torsos are a 2-for-1 in that you get credit for destroying the arm too if it wasn’t already destroyed.
    *Killing shots are always a component destruction, don’t feel you need to farm components on a mech with a one shot CT, especially one that’s shooting back at you.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

RACs. The answer is RACs, probably specifically RAC2s. My Fafnir has four of em and I call it “Cash Cow” for a reason.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options

*High alpha load outs (especially laser vom) may be the solution here, or LBX focused mechs.
    *Keep stuff targeted. I’m fairly certain my TBR in the prior screenshot only survived because people weren’t keeping me targeted and aiming for weak components.
    *I believe that side torsos are a 2-for-1 in that you get credit for destroying the arm too if it wasn’t already destroyed.
    *Killing shots are always a component destruction, don’t feel you need to farm components on a mech with a one shot CT, especially one that’s shooting back at you.

I ran my 6cSPL Arctic Cheetah to get my components done so yeah I can vouch for high pinpoint alphas.

oosik_betsuni.png