As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

18485878990100

Posts

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    God, how does that 2xLPL 6xERML build not just melt into the ground?

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    The 24 DHS probably help it cool pretty quickly, though it looks like with no Operations skill it would be very unfun.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    NobodyToxElvenshae
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    EBJ tends to work best as lasvom but it’s very squishy

    CTF is an odd duck, all your mounts are pretty much ankle height so you can’t ridge peek, but you have substantial defensive quirks. Pretty much have to brawl with it.

    This post is sort of hilarious to me given that the Cataphract was the poptarter of choice for quite a while.

  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    It was basically the first poptarter. Pretty much the first one with the hardpoints and weight to mount two AC/10s and a PPC before there was any weight-saving gear.

    I remember building one well before the poptarting started. Played three games with it before getting utterly and totally bored with how easy it was. That's also about the point where I'd say the game went into a clear downward trend away from fun gameplay and over towards making TTK shorter and shorter and shorter.

    NobodyBetsuniGlal
  • monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    The 24 DHS probably help it cool pretty quickly, though it looks like with no Operations skill it would be very unfun.

    I was under the impression the operations skill tree was broken?

  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    monkeykins wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    The 24 DHS probably help it cool pretty quickly, though it looks like with no Operations skill it would be very unfun.

    I was under the impression the operations skill tree was broken?

    One of the two heat quirks basically doesn't do anything

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    God, how does that 2xLPL 6xERML build not just melt into the ground?

    Tested it real quick, 77% heat build up, 9 seconds to completely cool down on Caustic Valley if you alpha.

    That's with 8.4% heat gen and 10% heat dissipation (every node for both).

    (the portion that's broken is heat containment).

  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    Huh...apparently that twin-LPL + hex-ML was my alternate Ebon Jag build from, like, two years ago. Now, I was using a TarCom1 instead of taking a 24th DHS, but it seemed to work pretty okay. Yes, it gets really warm if you're alpha-ing every chance you can...but doing two alphas to get that big damage spike and following it up with volleying weapon group 1 and 2 to keep the pressure on works pretty well. And when even that gets too hot, that's when you break out the chain-fired weapon group 3.

    Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Nobody
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    monkeykins wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    The 24 DHS probably help it cool pretty quickly, though it looks like with no Operations skill it would be very unfun.

    I was under the impression the operations skill tree was broken?

    One of the two heat quirks basically doesn't do anything

    Did not know that. Capacity or cooldown rate?

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    It was basically the first poptarter. Pretty much the first one with the hardpoints and weight to mount two AC/10s and a PPC before there was any weight-saving gear.

    I remember building one well before the poptarting started. Played three games with it before getting utterly and totally bored with how easy it was. That's also about the point where I'd say the game went into a clear downward trend away from fun gameplay and over towards making TTK shorter and shorter and shorter.

    Cataphracts these days only show up as part of an NSR pack outside of QP. Roughnecks took over with their better hitboxes and mounts.

    Speaking of which...I kinda wish I had played from the beginning, but I keep seeing people talking about some of the early shit (like p2w with the Clan packages).

    Elvenshae
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    It was basically the first poptarter. Pretty much the first one with the hardpoints and weight to mount two AC/10s and a PPC before there was any weight-saving gear.

    I remember building one well before the poptarting started. Played three games with it before getting utterly and totally bored with how easy it was. That's also about the point where I'd say the game went into a clear downward trend away from fun gameplay and over towards making TTK shorter and shorter and shorter.

    Cataphracts these days only show up as part of an NSR pack outside of QP. Roughnecks took over with their better hitboxes and mounts.

    Speaking of which...I kinda wish I had played from the beginning, but I keep seeing people talking about some of the early shit (like p2w with the Clan packages).

    The game was the most fun by far when there weren't a pile of easy ways to rip off enormous damage at stupid ranges. Before all the increasingly unbalanced mechs and tech started getting released, the most dangerous pinpoint mech was a Catapult with AC/20s in the side torsos and it was slow as fuck with a short range. The bulk of combat happened with lasers, which meant that light mechs could actually survive and fight without basically just hiding and waiting for damaged mechs to pick off. Being able to torso twist effectively and pick your time to shoot was vastly more important than just min/maxing a mech to dump a pile of damage in an instant. Being able to take heavier firepower sometimes meant just having to take a mech with hardpoints in bad spots.

    Overall, it felt enormously more like actual Battletech. You couldn't get legged from near a kilometer out because you poked around a corner. Your light mech could last all fight with falling over to a quarter-second of attention. You could regularly drag your crippled assault mech through a fight by spreading damage instead of wilting under the first pinpoint barrage to find you. Some of the best times I had were seeing the likes of two damaged Commandos pulling down an Atlas with speed and coordination to win a match and using a Centurion to blast the weapons off a Stalker and an Atlas, leaving only the three of us standing and me the only one with weapons.

    There was still plenty of PGI shit then as well, but at that point they hadn't managed to diddle the fun out of the combat yet.

    ElvenshaeNipsMechMantisBetsuniGlalIanator
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    Part of that is a Battletech problem as well. Aside from AMS there's barely any defensive options to spend weight on, and armor is capped. Meanwhile the increasing tech levels at more guns, lighter components, and more..

    Eventually they figured that out and added more armor types but it took a while.

    Phoenix-D on
    ElvenshaeNips
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    There was also hugely less need for defensive systems. You weren't fucked for not taking AMS and there was no OP ECM field. Also none of the stupid shit like ghost heat and the convoluted, grindy skill tree. No fucking artillery strikes or cool shots or crap like that either.

    About the only genuinely good things I would say PGI has done for the franchise over the years are chassis perks and the mech redesigns overall. Chassis perks help give some flavor for each mech, but that was only after they stripped out most of the flavor by encouraging the combat to become it's weakest, most boring version of itself.

  • HenroidHenroid Affiliate Streamer Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I think I got the hang of that Archer I bought a month or so ago. I changed the arm mounted SRM4s up to 6s, dropping a couple tons of ammo to allow for it. I'm basically running squirrel security with it, and boy does it work. There's nothing more satisfying as leading a shot (because of the shoulder weapon doors; yes I leave them closed on purpose I know about the button to open them) and nailing the legs on some little piece of shit. Then I have the arm missiles to do any sort of on-demand shots.

    Affiliate on Twitch (henroidt) - 10pm to 2am PST
    Currently need help with living expenses. Relevant link is on my Twitch page.
    ToxElvenshaeBetsuniNobody
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    There was also hugely less need for defensive systems. You weren't fucked for not taking AMS and there was no OP ECM field. Also none of the stupid shit like ghost heat and the convoluted, grindy skill tree. No fucking artillery strikes or cool shots or crap like that either.

    About the only genuinely good things I would say PGI has done for the franchise over the years are chassis perks and the mech redesigns overall. Chassis perks help give some flavor for each mech, but that was only after they stripped out most of the flavor by encouraging the combat to become it's weakest, most boring version of itself.

    The thing/problem with the redesigns is that, well, PGI got a lot of goodwill out of that. Like, a whole metric shit ton of bs has gotten kind of ... honestly just sort of tolerated because people were just so happy with the redesigns. I don't think really anybody that knows about the original designs (and especially knows about Project Phoenix) genuinely hates more than, like, one chassis' new look. I've heard a few gripes from folks who don't seem to really know much if anything about the table top game, but that's about it.

    Elvenshae
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    lof5cw8j01yq.png
    17% in case you were wondering, and yes, that was at the end of the game.

    ElvenshaeBetsuniNipscB557ComahawkIoloIanator
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    You’ve still got some leg armor to shed, there.

    NobodyMorninglordNipscB557OrcaGlalComahawkIoloIanator
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Unfortunately the last guy left was too smart to shoot my legs so I had to hide while the rest of my team jumped him.

    Elvenshae
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited March 5
    Nobody wrote: »
    lof5cw8j01yq.png
    17% in case you were wondering, and yes, that was at the end of the game.

    See, that's why I leave a small laser in my head. :P

    So I can go down with one more shot.

    Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Nips
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Make it a micro pulse, call it your 'Mech Derringer.

    ElvenshaeNips
  • HenroidHenroid Affiliate Streamer Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Tonight I was treating my Hunchback more like my Huntsman and Archer (hanging back more), and it was working out. It's still very fragile and loses so much so fast, but the firepower it can help lay down is pretty important.

    My Archer has all the missile specific skill nodes unlocked and hot diggity damn I love this mech. This is as close to using a "shotgun" in this game as it will get I think - a bunch of SRM6s.

    During my last round of the night I was looking at someone piloting an Awesome 8R and I am curious enough to maybe buy one. It has a lot of inherent traits, but most of them are focused on missiles, plus one specific to LRM15s. Slap four of those on there (and a tag laser) and you can have a pretty consistent flow of missile fire dropping on a target. I was extremely impressed with what they were doing in the match and when I tried it myself in the testing ground it was pretty satisfying to run around in.

    Affiliate on Twitch (henroidt) - 10pm to 2am PST
    Currently need help with living expenses. Relevant link is on my Twitch page.
    Nips
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Tonight I was treating my Hunchback more like my Huntsman and Archer (hanging back more), and it was working out. It's still very fragile and loses so much so fast, but the firepower it can help lay down is pretty important.

    My Archer has all the missile specific skill nodes unlocked and hot diggity damn I love this mech. This is as close to using a "shotgun" in this game as it will get I think - a bunch of SRM6s.

    During my last round of the night I was looking at someone piloting an Awesome 8R and I am curious enough to maybe buy one. It has a lot of inherent traits, but most of them are focused on missiles, plus one specific to LRM15s. Slap four of those on there (and a tag laser) and you can have a pretty consistent flow of missile fire dropping on a target. I was extremely impressed with what they were doing in the match and when I tried it myself in the testing ground it was pretty satisfying to run around in.

    Baradul just did a video on this Awesome

    Alexandier
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    [Battletech]

    In Campaign, can I fly to a random planet and get more contracts? Or are they locked to the contract here OR fly to XYZ for this contract?

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Betsuni wrote: »
    [Battletech]

    In Campaign, can I fly to a random planet and get more contracts? Or are they locked to the contract here OR fly to XYZ for this contract?

    You can fly to a random planet and get more contracts. Note, though, that you are very constrained through most of the campaign in how many planets are available for you to fly to. At the start it's only 4!

    Bo7qdTS.jpg

    Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    BetsuniOrca
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    [Battletech]

    In Campaign, can I fly to a random planet and get more contracts? Or are they locked to the contract here OR fly to XYZ for this contract?

    You can fly to a random planet and get more contracts. Note, though, that you are very constrained through most of the campaign in how many planets are available for you to fly to. At the start it's only 4!

    Bo7qdTS.jpg

    Good to know. I'm pretty far into the campaign so have a lot of planets I can visit. Thanks!

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    [Battletech]

    In Campaign, can I fly to a random planet and get more contracts? Or are they locked to the contract here OR fly to XYZ for this contract?

    You can fly to a random planet and get more contracts. Note, though, that you are very constrained through most of the campaign in how many planets are available for you to fly to. At the start it's only 4!

    Bo7qdTS.jpg

    Good to know. I'm pretty far into the campaign so have a lot of planets I can visit. Thanks!

    Travel contracts mean you don't have to pay money to fly there, but if you're tired of seeing the same shit you can spend the dosh and fly somewhere else.

    Different planets also have different equipment available, especially if you have black market access.

    BetsuniNipsElvenshaeIolo
  • HenroidHenroid Affiliate Streamer Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Sometimes you rip your ER Large Lasers out of your Stormcrow and replace them with Heavy Larger Lasers.

    Other times you buy that Awesome and load it with 4 LRM15s and go "WHEEE" for a couple stupid matches. <.<

    Affiliate on Twitch (henroidt) - 10pm to 2am PST
    Currently need help with living expenses. Relevant link is on my Twitch page.
    NipsElvenshaeBetsuniRawrBear
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Sometimes you rip your ER Large Lasers out of your Stormcrow and replace them with Heavy Larger Lasers.

    Other times you buy that Awesome and load it with 4 LRM15s and go "WHEEE" for a couple stupid matches. <.<

    But 4 LRM15s isn't 3 HPPCs.

    dkj3oHf.jpg
    RawrBear
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Okay, I've started up an Ironman career in Battletech and got a Vulcan as my mech from the Heavy Metal loot box. How do I want to outfit this? Or is the extra armoring and mounting the LB 2-X I also got in the box good? I had to strip away some of the support weapons in order to mount that...

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    Nips
  • RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Sometimes you rip your ER Large Lasers out of your Stormcrow and replace them with Heavy Larger Lasers.

    Other times you buy that Awesome and load it with 4 LRM15s and go "WHEEE" for a couple stupid matches. <.<

    But 4 LRM15s isn't 3 HPPCs.

    I was running a quad HPPC kaiju the other day, it's not *actually* good but it's pretty hilarious. The highlight was pushing up the far ramp in HPG, oneshotting a poor light (who I guess felt safe standing still cuz his entire team was up top) and then solo coring out a Fafnir at game start. Felt pretty good just like "ok team I've won the game for you, you can go ahead and clean up".

    That said, while the one-two 60 damage pinpoint feels awesome, you have to expose the entire mech to poke and you can't brawl at all (less because minimum range, more because it's so hot), aaaand you're too slow to choose when it's brawl time. So it feels less good against really quality players where it's like "Hah! I've exposed my entire king crab to your firing line of 4 assaults and traded my 60-ish pinpoint damage for 140 damage to my incredibly wide and easy to hit CT". Definitely a meme build.

    I was also messing around with the 000 with twin HPPCs and 60MRMs... which basically plays like the *good* kaiju build but faster, better range, and a slightly better alpha.... but worse heat. That one's all back mounts so you only have to expose a sliver of profile over a hill to poke at people.

    ElvenshaeBetsuni
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    edited March 7
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Okay, I've started up an Ironman career in Battletech and got a Vulcan as my mech from the Heavy Metal loot box. How do I want to outfit this? Or is the extra armoring and mounting the LB 2-X I also got in the box good? I had to strip away some of the support weapons in order to mount that...

    The Vulcan is best fitted with as many small lasers as you can and used as a backstabber (IMO), but it doesn't have the free tonnage or versatility to be useful for very long. Early on it will be an asset, but its light armor and low tonnage put it at a disadvantage against 55 ton heavies and anything heavier.

    LBX-2s are IMO complete garbage. I would ignore that weapon.

    Orca on
    NipsIoloElvenshae
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited March 7
    Orca wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    [Battletech]

    In Campaign, can I fly to a random planet and get more contracts? Or are they locked to the contract here OR fly to XYZ for this contract?

    You can fly to a random planet and get more contracts. Note, though, that you are very constrained through most of the campaign in how many planets are available for you to fly to. At the start it's only 4!

    Bo7qdTS.jpg

    Good to know. I'm pretty far into the campaign so have a lot of planets I can visit. Thanks!

    Travel contracts mean you don't have to pay money to fly there, but if you're tired of seeing the same shit you can spend the dosh and fly somewhere else.

    Different planets also have different equipment available, especially if you have black market access.

    Ah, that is good to know that travel contracts are free. Didn't realize that. I also recently learned that LPL aren't that great in BT thanks to that one mission I was stuck on. The Highlander I got from it is awesome though.

    I also finally broke down and cheated. Downloaded the save mod to give me a buttload of money so I can just play stompy bots. I'm having fun again focusing on tactics and not grinding.

    Edit: The story is really going weird though. Feels like the suffering is dragging on a bit too long.

    Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    OrcaNips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    [Battletech]

    In Campaign, can I fly to a random planet and get more contracts? Or are they locked to the contract here OR fly to XYZ for this contract?

    You can fly to a random planet and get more contracts. Note, though, that you are very constrained through most of the campaign in how many planets are available for you to fly to. At the start it's only 4!

    Bo7qdTS.jpg

    Good to know. I'm pretty far into the campaign so have a lot of planets I can visit. Thanks!

    Travel contracts mean you don't have to pay money to fly there, but if you're tired of seeing the same shit you can spend the dosh and fly somewhere else.

    Different planets also have different equipment available, especially if you have black market access.

    Ah, that is good to know that travel contracts are free. Didn't realize that. I also recently learned that LPL aren't that great in BT thanks to that one mission I was stuck on. The Highlander I got from it is awesome though.

    I also finally broke down and cheated. Downloaded the save mod to give me a buttload of money so I can just play stompy bots. I'm having fun again focusing on tactics and not grinding.

    Edit: The story is really going weird though. Feels like the suffering is dragging on a bit too long.

    This is a Battletech game.

    The suffering is the main character.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Elvenshae
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    [Battletech]

    In Campaign, can I fly to a random planet and get more contracts? Or are they locked to the contract here OR fly to XYZ for this contract?

    You can fly to a random planet and get more contracts. Note, though, that you are very constrained through most of the campaign in how many planets are available for you to fly to. At the start it's only 4!

    Bo7qdTS.jpg

    Good to know. I'm pretty far into the campaign so have a lot of planets I can visit. Thanks!

    Travel contracts mean you don't have to pay money to fly there, but if you're tired of seeing the same shit you can spend the dosh and fly somewhere else.

    Different planets also have different equipment available, especially if you have black market access.

    Ah, that is good to know that travel contracts are free. Didn't realize that. I also recently learned that LPL aren't that great in BT thanks to that one mission I was stuck on. The Highlander I got from it is awesome though.

    I also finally broke down and cheated. Downloaded the save mod to give me a buttload of money so I can just play stompy bots. I'm having fun again focusing on tactics and not grinding.

    Edit: The story is really going weird though. Feels like the suffering is dragging on a bit too long.

    This is a Battletech game.

    The suffering is the main character.

    Good point. I should look at parallels to being a Battletech fan.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    NipsElvenshae
  • monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    New loot bag event starts tomorrow, fyi.

    NobodyElvenshaeBetsuni
  • HenroidHenroid Affiliate Streamer Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Supposedly there's a free Grasshopper going to be available too but I don't understand how.

    I made it like 40 minutes into MWO tonight before rage quitting on it. The last round I played had such stupid shit happening on my team. one of my teammates accidentally hit one of their weapon buttons and hurt someone on our team. The response? Getting killed by that player. And then as my team was arguing about it, another of my teammates shot someone else, and we started getting swept. I just walked out and let the enemy take me, it fucking sucked being around that shit.

    Affiliate on Twitch (henroidt) - 10pm to 2am PST
    Currently need help with living expenses. Relevant link is on my Twitch page.
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Supposedly there's a free Grasshopper going to be available too but I don't understand how.

    I made it like 40 minutes into MWO tonight before rage quitting on it. The last round I played had such stupid shit happening on my team. one of my teammates accidentally hit one of their weapon buttons and hurt someone on our team. The response? Getting killed by that player. And then as my team was arguing about it, another of my teammates shot someone else, and we started getting swept. I just walked out and let the enemy take me, it fucking sucked being around that shit.

    The event has an attached 200 loot bag task where the resolution is the Grasshopper.

    Go to 300 and you can get a pattern.

    BetsuniRawrBear
  • monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Supposedly there's a free Grasshopper going to be available too but I don't understand how.

    I made it like 40 minutes into MWO tonight before rage quitting on it. The last round I played had such stupid shit happening on my team. one of my teammates accidentally hit one of their weapon buttons and hurt someone on our team. The response? Getting killed by that player. And then as my team was arguing about it, another of my teammates shot someone else, and we started getting swept. I just walked out and let the enemy take me, it fucking sucked being around that shit.

    I was actually just thinking they turned down the friendly fire damage? I've taken hits from teammates and not had my character show any missing armor.

  • RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    edited March 10
    Nobody wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Supposedly there's a free Grasshopper going to be available too but I don't understand how.

    I made it like 40 minutes into MWO tonight before rage quitting on it. The last round I played had such stupid shit happening on my team. one of my teammates accidentally hit one of their weapon buttons and hurt someone on our team. The response? Getting killed by that player. And then as my team was arguing about it, another of my teammates shot someone else, and we started getting swept. I just walked out and let the enemy take me, it fucking sucked being around that shit.

    The event has an attached 200 loot bag task where the resolution is the Grasshopper.

    Go to 300 and you can get a pattern.

    Yeah you have to grab the lootbags from the other page to unlock the stuff.. it's super clunky. I missed so many events when I started... and then I figured out how to do events and missed all the loot bag stuff because it's slightly different and even more clunky. And then even then I missed the yearly rewards (but thankfully those were bugged so I got mine late lol). MWO *reaaaaaly* needs to auto redeem this stuff.... that would.. not be hard to implement.. hell they already do it for new player rewards.

    I'm excited for free mech tho... the grasshopper seems fun but it's ugly so I'd never buy one.. but I'll play around with it for free. Annnd it's damage and match score based? Time to run nothing but COR-7A and tripleRAC2-tripleAC2-medium laser memecrabs for the entire event.

    Edit: Also like, holy shit Henroid that sounds like a disaster game.. I've had some screamy people on coms but it's usually just one so mute works perfectly well. My biggest head scratcher was a guy on coms demanding that the king crab (me) move to <Some quadrent like 1km from where I was> then *literally* 2 seconds later informing the team that the opportunity had passed and chiding me for not communicating better. Like, excuse me but no matter how well I communicate I can't move like 1000kph.

    If I'm being honest half the yelling is people who die early and blame NASCAR and need to call the team trash... and like 90% of those we win anyway and I'm all like "Nice strong NASCAR strategy guys good thing we didn't listen to yelling man"

    RawrBear on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The 5H is a fantastic mech, it’s not pretty but it earns its slot in both Faction and Competitive queues.

    Nips
Sign In or Register to comment.