As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    If you wanna do LRMs you should imo really be in a medium or light heavy; they’re quick enough to do a lot of their own spotting and it’s a good way for them to punch above weight in terms of dps

The ol LRM 4j hunch used to be one of my favorite mechs

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Engineering time. You know that Awesome LRM15 build?

As per video:
    4x LRM15
    9 tons of ammo
    TAG laser
    4 double heat sinks (two internal)
    300 XL engine, 60 KPH move speed
    Light Ferro armor, standard structure

My tuning:
    4x LRM15
    10 tons of ammo
    TAG laser
    3 double heat sinks (one internal)
    285 Light engine, 57 KPH move speed
    standard armor, Endo-Steel structure

So in exchange for not dying from losing a torso, it loses a minor amount of KPH, a minor amount of heat efficiency, and gains a ton of ammo. And technically a few precious points of armor are gained too.

NGL, builds like this annoy me to no end.

A huge chunk of the team's tonnage and tankability has committed to sitting about a half-klick back from the front lines and making everyone else do all the work.

I understand why people build them, and done correctly, they're a decent enough thing, but they are forever linked in my mind with the guy who lobs 10k missiles into the walls and bitches about people not maintaining locks.
    I pay attention to where my missiles are landing and where the target is moving on the map. I understand when they're clearly seeking cover and know to stop pursuit.

Also, I try to move along with the team and provide sight for myself when possible. I'm active in the map despite being an LRM boat.

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    LRMBoats that are with the murderball and engaging in direct-fire at shorter ranges are good.

LRMBoats that hide at their max range and never show their face are awful, regardless of tonnage. I'd rather an assault have a brawler loadout for maximum facetime damage, but LRM assaults played well are sadly pretty effective.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Like any complaint you can make about bad LRM-boat players, I promise you there are complaints you can make about bad players on other mech builds.

My favorite are the people who don't understand that single-file tailgating is a fuck-awful idea.

Or how about the people who don't respect firing lanes.

Or the people who don't know about PPC minimum ranges (holy shit we lost a match last night because of this; a Flea killed two mechs single-handedly).

etc etc etc

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    What are you most likely to encounter? An assault filled with LRMs sitting waaaaaaay in the back firing indirectly into walls who dies to a light standing behind them and never notices, or someone that fires PPCs point blank and doesn't understand their minimum range.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    Kay wrote: »
    What are you most likely to encounter? An assault filled with LRMs sitting waaaaaaay in the back firing indirectly into walls who dies to a light standing behind them and never notices, or someone that fires PPCs point blank and doesn't understand their minimum range.
    In my experience the latter, easily. There's also people who burn heat firing IS LRMs point blank during critical engagements.

I'm not saying the "mindless LRM boat" doesn't exist, I'm just saying it's not that common. Plus it's one of the easier things to team chat correction on and it's one of the highest successes I've had in this game in notifying people about. "Hey LRMs are hitting mountains," or similar messages. People are receptive to that and will change their behavior / position / target right away.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Plus there's no attempt to balance by tonnage anymore (at least, as long as soup queue is a thing). It's entirely possible that the other team will drop 0 assaults and you'll have 6.

Nobody on
    Nobody wrote: »
    Plus there's no attempt to balance by tonnage anymore (at least, as long as soup queue is a thing). It's entirely possible that the other team will drop 0 assaults and you'll have 6.
    Those are the most frustrating goddamn rounds to get dropped into. I had a match last night where we had one Assault; 2 of us stayed back with it, and the rest of my team ran forward at full speed. The enemy circled around my team and hit the three of us (assault included) in force, killing us so fucking fast. I spotted it coming a mile away and told my team to turn around immediately, and they didn't listen.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    See, this is more reason for a LRM Locust! In fact, I think I'm going to convert my MRM Commando back to my first original build. 2ML + LRM5. Probably can do better these days since back then I didn't upgrade the engine (didn't have enough C-Bills to my name).

Edit: Or worse, LRM10 Centurion that hid in the back. Man, those days were fun and dumb.

Edit #2: Back then I didn't know about optimal builds, strategy (other than stay with your team and support whatever is being targeted), or stats. I just was happy to pilot a robot and play robot part Tetris. Figuring out my own builds, having fun shooting robots, not caring if it was an 0-8 stomp. I was just happy to get any salvage (then later on C-Bills) to support my random ideas.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Engineering time. You know that Awesome LRM15 build?

As per video:
    4x LRM15
    9 tons of ammo
    TAG laser
    4 double heat sinks (two internal)
    300 XL engine, 60 KPH move speed
    Light Ferro armor, standard structure

My tuning:
    4x LRM15
    10 tons of ammo
    TAG laser
    3 double heat sinks (one internal)
    285 Light engine, 57 KPH move speed
    standard armor, Endo-Steel structure

So in exchange for not dying from losing a torso, it loses a minor amount of KPH, a minor amount of heat efficiency, and gains a ton of ammo. And technically a few precious points of armor are gained too.

NGL, builds like this annoy me to no end.

A huge chunk of the team's tonnage and tankability has committed to sitting about a half-klick back from the front lines and making everyone else do all the work.

I understand why people build them, and done correctly, they're a decent enough thing, but they are forever linked in my mind with the guy who lobs 10k missiles into the walls and bitches about people not maintaining locks.

That's why I run LRM Arctic Wolves

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    New event up, and sale

Event is pretty easy, just farming damage on all 3 weapon types, and then farming damage overall with a final task where you just get all of the side bonuses (protected, hit and run, etc).

Sale is on light mechs, engines, patterns, and mechbays (or will be mechbays when the sale gets fixed).

Yeah the event is just abruptly live, weird. Pretty easy too, like I think it tops at 1500 damage? That's baby shit. I didn't look closely at the rewards. I did try playing a couple rounds of the game and rage quit though.

Uh wow, got the event done entirely in just a few matches. Not that the benchmarks were very high.

Dunno how to feel about the Grasshopper. It utterly destroys light class mechs, but anything heavy or assault will fuck me up pretty badly in turn. Regardless of weapon layout I'm using.

• monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    New event up, and sale

Event is pretty easy, just farming damage on all 3 weapon types, and then farming damage overall with a final task where you just get all of the side bonuses (protected, hit and run, etc).

Sale is on light mechs, engines, patterns, and mechbays (or will be mechbays when the sale gets fixed).

I knew I should have waited to buy those three new light mechs...

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Ooh, is it time to buy that stealth Flea at last! I'll save so many hundreds of thousands.

The engine is on sale too, so you’re looking at over a million saved.

monkeykins wrote: »
    New event up, and sale

Your sacrifice was beneficial to someone.
    Glal wrote: »
    Ooh, is it time to buy that stealth Flea at last! I'll save so many hundreds of thousands.

I can finally pick up an Osiris to build that terrible Rocket version Baradul posted! Mwuahahahaha!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Had this game yesterday, I was so upset we didn't win. I don't know if it was possible to carry harder than that.
    hakwij76inij.jpg

Betsuni wrote: »
    New event up, and sale

I can finally pick up an Osiris to build that terrible Rocket version Baradul posted! Mwuahahahaha!!!

I'll probably get a Jenner or two. Or a Spider.

Only light I kinda want is the Javelin 11A, already have at least one of all of the other good ones

New event up, and sale

I'll probably get a Jenner or two. Or a Spider.

Do you have a Flea? Those are fun too. Oh and definitely get the 12MG Piranha for the component destruction events. I haven't piloted my Jenners in a long time, mainly because I usually end up running my Jenner IIcs instead. Arctic Cheetah is also a fun one... Oh wait, I know the stealth Commando is just pure evil. Yeah I love my Lights way too much.
    Only light I kinda want is the Javelin 11A, already have at least one of all of the other good ones

Never bought the Javelin. I should look into that one as well. Is the 11A the "best" of the bunch?

oosik_betsuni.png
    I do have a flea, but no Locusts. Arctic Cheetah is my favorite light, I have the Shard.

Event reward is more GSP. It's like they don't want me to play! (I play primarily to level up my mechs, I am pretty compulsive. I have almost 200 GSP already sitting there)

I do have a flea, but no Locusts. Arctic Cheetah is my favorite light, I have the Shard.

Event reward is more GSP. It's like they don't want me to play! (I play primarily to level up my mechs, I am pretty compulsive. I have almost 200 GSP already sitting there)

Ahhh, too bad the Pirate's Bane is MC because that one is my most used of all Locusts. The Locust was my first mech I mastered in the old skill system. I honestly forgot how much fun it is to level up mechs since I refuse to use my GSP/GXP for quick leveling on my newer mechs. I tend to use those for changing out builds and skills to go with them.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited March 2021

Ahhh, too bad the Pirate's Bane is MC because that one is my most used of all Locusts. The Locust was my first mech I mastered in the old skill system. I honestly forgot how much fun it is to level up mechs since I refuse to use my GSP/GXP for quick leveling on my newer mechs. I tend to use those for changing out builds and skills to go with them.

I also have around 8,000 MC.
    I started using GSP/GXP on my new mechs, one "free" SP for every 2 "earned" SP until I get into the 50s. Without premium time it just takes about 1M years to skill up a mech.

Is is sad I don't actually want any of these redeems?

monkeykins on

I started using GSP/GXP on my new mechs, one "free" SP for every 2 "earned" SP until I get into the 50s. Without premium time it just takes about 1M years to skill up a mech.

Nice, then yeah I recommend the Pirate's Bane as your Locust.

I really need to go look at how to earn EXP and Skill Points system since I so forgot how that works.

oosik_betsuni.png

Never bought the Javelin. I should look into that one as well. Is the 11A the "best" of the bunch?

It's fast and has +1 HSL on Std and ER Medium Lasers, so it has great poke. The 10N (I think?) is also not bad, 6xSRM-2 can make people notice.

Is is sad I don't actually want any of these redeems?

Use the GSP to make it easier to start off in a mech, give it like 30 GSP or so just to get weapon tree or speed tweak on lights.

edited March 2021
    Oops. I bought the Spider with the Cap Time bonus (SDR5V), without looking in the Mechlab. Both energy hardpoints are in the CT. Should have sold immediately but going to see if a LPL is any fun.

monkeykins on
    I decided to buy another raven because I can drive bad mechs if I want to! Running an MRM 40 on it because I can also run stupid meme fits if I want to.

Wanna see (what should be) a dead body?
    s9ufrb5fblb0.png

18% of a Piranha

Maaaan 50% off ALL LIGHTS is like

My LRM Arctic Wolf, my 4xLAMS Piranha, and my more serious 2xLL Raven and 4xMPL/1xERML Wolfhound

As far as the sale goes, I picked up a JVN-10P (SRM bomber) and JVN-11A (ML vom).

I kinda have all of the lights I'd need/want at this point.

Just lost out on some effing free premium time and stuff just because my damn cat was pestering me for attention and I missed the claim window

Not that I ever play anyway, but it woulda been nice.

Turns out the bad mech I bought isn't so bad after all. This stupid MRM raven is the most fun I've had in a light in a while. The MRM40 is cool enough you can just run stealth armor with like 90% uptime, and they've got 654km range so I can maximize the cowardice.
    yxmq0nbf3b0k.jpg

My last two games I emptied all 3 tons of ammo. I wish there was a way to cram a bit more in there but the heatsink requirement means downgrading the engine doesn't really give much tonnage back.

Tox wrote: »
    Just lost out on some effing free premium time and stuff just because my damn cat was pestering me for attention and I missed the claim window

Not that I ever play anyway, but it woulda been nice.

R E D E M P T I O N

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    How short are these claim windows?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Iolo wrote: »
    How short are these claim windows?

I thought they were for like 2 weeks or something, usually.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I get the impression this "Bravo Lance" I'm fighting alongside in this flashpoint are characters I'm supposed to know from a book or game or something?

As far as the sale goes, I picked up a JVN-10P (SRM bomber) and JVN-11A (ML vom).

So, how are you running your 11A?

oosik_betsuni.png

JVN-11A

Gave it a try for a couple of matches last night, it was okay without skill points, but I have to remember that the arm hardpoints are low

JVN-11A

Gave it a try for a couple of matches last night, it was okay without skill points, but I have to remember that the arm hardpoints are low

Cool thanks. I was looking at different builds for it and couldn't come up with one I liked. Will give this one a try.

Also made this today after seeing one in action. Still tweaking it, but it is hilarious!!!

FURY

oosik_betsuni.png