Options

[Virtual Reality] 2: Electric Butterloo

1717274767787

Posts

  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Honestly my guess is that the only reason the VR version exists is because they have close ties to Sony from development when it was a pseudo-exclusive and the dev manual for the PSVR1 was "the sensors aren't amazing, design it as forward facing". The reason we just got the update is because of the PSVR2 launch.

    You still can do that stuff with a PSVR1, plenty of multiparty titles do it, and I have to assume the PSVR2 has no issues with it at all? So I was hopeful they would change course.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Seated facing front works great for something like GT7, because it's not like you CAN'T turn your head. You can, and this lets you check your mirrors or gloat at the poor schmuck you just passed or whatever, but you never need to stand up and look behind you because, like, you're in a car.

    If it's something where your view is locked in place and looking around breaks the camera, that kind of ruins the whole point of VR to me. Staring straight ahead and using my controller to change where I'm looking isn't VR, that's just video games with a bigger screen.

    Edit: the reason I'm torn here is that the specific appeal of NMS to me is that it's in VR. In (good) VR, it sounds amazing. Absent VR, I'm only kinda interested. And since there's no demo, I need to spend $50 to find out if I'd like it. And there's enough other stuff out there that I'm more confident I'd be into that I'm leaning no, at least for now.

    Do you know anyone that owns it on disc and would be happy for you to borrow it (if you've got a disc PS5)?

    I've got it installed but still yet to give it a go. Think I've nearly finished Horizon: CotM and then I'll probably give a few more game a try and put a bit more time into GT7.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    The tree foliage stuff happens without the menu up. It happens anytime you're on foot exploring and turn around without moving your HUD. It took me a bit to notice too! Since they're alien planets I assumed I was just on a "barren tree planet", but then you turn around and realize it's the same planet as "lush foliage planet" just viewed from a different angle

    But it sounds like you use your joysticks to turn the hud, in which case yeah it's a total non issue. The VR implementation outside of that is solid!

    Tl;dr it's designed as a seated front facing experience. Something I'm not into at all outside of cockpit games, but plenty of people are fine with.

    It could also be that I've only really been on a starter planet, where all the plants are kind of cactus like, and there isn't exactly foliage to speak of, so i hadn't noticed.

    I did also play seated, so yeah, I was probably faced forward automatically the whole time anyway.

  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I suspect that maybe the way NMS was coded just doesn't allow for an easy port to VR, which is fine, I understand that not every cool game can get a good VR port. I'm just bummed that this wasn't one of them.

    I'm still crossing my fingers that sony will throw some money IOI's way to fix the huge mess they made out of hitman 3's VR mode. The move controllers kinda killed it, even in PC mode

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WindburnWindburn Registered User regular
    Apparently Sony rolled out an update for the PSVR2 this week. Several outlets are reporting improved image quality. I'm out of town this week, so I haven't been able to test it myself. Has anyone noticed improved image quality?

  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    I've been playing some Rez and some Tetris Effect lately and loving it. I'll have to download Thumper at some point, as im finding myself more and more a fan of this "Rave" subgenre.

    Anything else out there that has transcendant-like psychadelic type vibes?

  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Pistol Whip is faster paced but has a trippy colour scheme and pretty sweet soundtrack.

    I've not heard great things about whatever the fireworks game was (Fantavision 202X I think?).

    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    I've been playing some Rez and some Tetris Effect lately and loving it. I'll have to download Thumper at some point, as im finding myself more and more a fan of this "Rave" subgenre.

    Anything else out there that has transcendant-like psychadelic type vibes?

    Synth riders is great for this kind of thing. Its real fun

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Yeah, synth riders was my first thought too. It looks similar to beat saber and pistol whip but plays very differently in reality. I think it's probably the best "workout" rhythm game.


    26904.png
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    C-Smash demo out on PSVR2 now, hearing mostly good things about it but haven't had a chance to play myself yet.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Blah64Blah64 Registered User regular
    My Index cable seems to have died, so I ended up getting a Quest Pro. The increased resolution, wireless, and hand tracking is wonderful.

    'Ghosts of Tabor' released. It surprises me it took this long for a standalone VR Tarkov-like to appear, but this one is quite good from what I've played so far.

  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Blah64 wrote: »
    My Index cable seems to have died, so I ended up getting a Quest Pro. The increased resolution, wireless, and hand tracking is wonderful.

    'Ghosts of Tabor' released. It surprises me it took this long for a standalone VR Tarkov-like to appear, but this one is quite good from what I've played so far.

    If you're interested in reselling it, it's worth reaching to Valve for a replacement cable at least. They replaced mine for free, and it broke 100% due to my own user error.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Yup, Valve is super good about replacing cables, controllers and even whole headsets.

  • Options
    Blah64Blah64 Registered User regular
    I bought the thing in 2019. It is well past the warranty period.
    Seemed like a good time to upgrade anyways.
    (Also, I would rather buy a whole new system than risk communicating with people)

  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Blah64 wrote: »
    I bought the thing in 2019. It is well past the warranty period.
    Seemed like a good time to upgrade anyways.
    (Also, I would rather buy a whole new system than risk communicating with people)

    Heh no worries, I get the latter. Just saying if you want to resell it, even if they charge you for it I think it's like $35 for the cord.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    If you feel like it you can actually still ask valve, they sometimes replace out of warranty even.

  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    I feel like y'all are missing the point. Blah seems to really just want to buy a new VR setup, and is using the cable as a "practical" excuse to just go ahead and do the thing that they want to do anyway. We've all been there (or at least I know I have). Sure, they could replace the cable and maybe sell the old system, but then there will be that tugging part within saying "but you have a perfectly good VR setup RIGHT THERE", and it ruins the whole thing.

  • Options
    JohnGriffinJohnGriffin MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I've been playing VTOL VR a ton, and I recently purchased the new trainer plane the T-55. It's a super fun little plane and I'm looking forward to teaching folks how to fly. I have a few dozen hours and am still learning the ropes, though i'm fairly competent with basic weapons deployment, and landing etc.

    I think it's the best cockpit VR experience by a long mile. No other cockpit game captures the interactivity.

    If anyone bought it but was intimidated by it hit me up! I'd be glad to provide some basic training flights.

  • Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    AlanF5 wrote: »
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Oh wow, I just saw that the new No Man's Sky update claims to have massively overhauled VR mode.

    Did they actually fix it to make it work standing and turning around and stuff?!?! If anyone knows, report back! It was my dream VR game, until I played it and realized they programmed it entirely around the limitations of the PSVR1 with no real support for roomscale or even turning around.

    I've spent a few hours in No Man's Sky in PSVR2. It doesn't really support room scale, and I found sitting to be more comfortable than standing, mostly because the spaceship cockpit felt really wrong standing, but sitting while walking outside felt fine. I did notice that some UI elements, and even some rendering elements (like some foliage is flat textures) are oriented to your "body", not to your head. So if you turn your body IRL 90 degrees, but not your character, you be looking at a flat-rendered shrub edge-on. Or you can toggle on full character visibility (so you can see arms and even your suit front, not just disembodied hands) and then... take a step backward in RL and be looking at the back of your character. I also felt that distant details, especially complicated things like tree branches, were both pixelated and blurry. Close up stuff is great, the multi-tool and the ship cockpit and stuff; aliens close enough to talk to. I'm sure I'll go back to it, but I'm trying out other things for now, mostly because they are games that have an end, unlike NMS.

    The latest update to No Man's Sky has, buried in the patch notes, "significant improvement to image quality in PSVR2." I put a half-hour in just now and agree. My primary complaints about billboard foliage and aliased edges on thin detail (like bare tree branches) have been resolved. There's still some blur and shimmer on some complex things in the distance, like a whole forest of high-contrast snow-covered conifers. Some hud elements, like the environment status and journal objectives, are still pegged to your body and not your helmet, but that's a design choice I think. Maybe there is an option to change that? I thing there's an option to turn them off entirely. It's pretty good now. Roomscale should work pretty well, as long as you don't enable rendering your torso and legs. The transition to ship might be weird though, if you are facing backward and displaced by a meter. I didn't try it, just cause I'm more comfortable with NMS as a sitting game, because of all the vehicle stuff.

  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I suspect that maybe the way NMS was coded just doesn't allow for an easy port to VR, which is fine, I understand that not every cool game can get a good VR port. I'm just bummed that this wasn't one of them.

    I'm still crossing my fingers that sony will throw some money IOI's way to fix the huge mess they made out of hitman 3's VR mode. The move controllers kinda killed it, even in PC mode

    Keep hoping, it certainly doesn't look like it's in the cards.

    Until then, it's still the worst way to play Hitman 3, followed by submerging your Switch in a sink full of water while streaming the game, and playing it on the N-Gage.

  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    AlanF5 wrote: »
    AlanF5 wrote: »
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Oh wow, I just saw that the new No Man's Sky update claims to have massively overhauled VR mode.

    Did they actually fix it to make it work standing and turning around and stuff?!?! If anyone knows, report back! It was my dream VR game, until I played it and realized they programmed it entirely around the limitations of the PSVR1 with no real support for roomscale or even turning around.

    I've spent a few hours in No Man's Sky in PSVR2. It doesn't really support room scale, and I found sitting to be more comfortable than standing, mostly because the spaceship cockpit felt really wrong standing, but sitting while walking outside felt fine. I did notice that some UI elements, and even some rendering elements (like some foliage is flat textures) are oriented to your "body", not to your head. So if you turn your body IRL 90 degrees, but not your character, you be looking at a flat-rendered shrub edge-on. Or you can toggle on full character visibility (so you can see arms and even your suit front, not just disembodied hands) and then... take a step backward in RL and be looking at the back of your character. I also felt that distant details, especially complicated things like tree branches, were both pixelated and blurry. Close up stuff is great, the multi-tool and the ship cockpit and stuff; aliens close enough to talk to. I'm sure I'll go back to it, but I'm trying out other things for now, mostly because they are games that have an end, unlike NMS.

    The latest update to No Man's Sky has, buried in the patch notes, "significant improvement to image quality in PSVR2." I put a half-hour in just now and agree. My primary complaints about billboard foliage and aliased edges on thin detail (like bare tree branches) have been resolved. There's still some blur and shimmer on some complex things in the distance, like a whole forest of high-contrast snow-covered conifers. Some hud elements, like the environment status and journal objectives, are still pegged to your body and not your helmet, but that's a design choice I think. Maybe there is an option to change that? I thing there's an option to turn them off entirely. It's pretty good now. Roomscale should work pretty well, as long as you don't enable rendering your torso and legs. The transition to ship might be weird though, if you are facing backward and displaced by a meter. I didn't try it, just cause I'm more comfortable with NMS as a sitting game, because of all the vehicle stuff.

    Nah there's no way to change the HUD orientation, and it sadly messes up the game entirely if you're not playing seated. There was a lot of discussion about the specifics over the last few pages. Great seated game, but designed entirely around that limitation in VR unfortunately and doesn't work so well standing or room scale.

    Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    https://www.nomanssky.com/interceptor-update/?cli_action=1680732896.027

    Damn looks like they fixing VR for NMS, with windows you can place yourself. Curious if that encompasses all menus.

  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Dixon wrote: »
    https://www.nomanssky.com/interceptor-update/?cli_action=1680732896.027

    Damn looks like they fixing VR for NMS, with windows you can place yourself. Curious if that encompasses all menus.

    Ehh unfortunately it doesn't look like they're fixing the issue I'm describing. They've been great at adding cool new VR features -- they clearly put in quite a bit of effort with the in game flight stick and all of that -- but it's like a super nice luxury car that doesn't start for me. Moving the windows looks awesome! But there's nothing in the patch notes about untethering the gameplay from your front facing HUD. I'm almost certain they would list that discretely in the patch notes, and they haven't, sooo I'm assuming it's still going to be ultimately a "forward facing experience".

    It's just a bummer for me because I should be the ultimate NMS VR fanboy -- I'm one of 5 people who liked launch NMS because of the chill lonely exploration vibes -- but I just can't call a VR exploration game that doesn't want me to turn my head and explore a "good VR exploration game" at the end of the day. It's one of the best non-VR exploration games, but without that it just doesn't translate to VR well on my end. Plenty of people love seated experiences though, so it's good news for anyone who does that they're adding more stuff.

    Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    The tree foliage stuff happens without the menu up. It happens anytime you're on foot exploring and turn around without moving your HUD. It took me a bit to notice too! Since they're alien planets I assumed I was just on a "barren tree planet", but then you turn around and realize it's the same planet as "lush foliage planet" just viewed from a different angle

    But it sounds like you use your joysticks to turn the hud, in which case yeah it's a total non issue. The VR implementation outside of that is solid!

    Tl;dr it's designed as a seated front facing experience. Something I'm not into at all outside of cockpit games, but plenty of people are fine with.

    The bolded part appears to have been resolved with the latest patch. At least, I went looking for it and couldn't find it. The health/enviro protection meter and your journal's objectives and your multi-tool mode are still anchored to character "front" though, regardless of head position. I could toggle the hud off entirely, which was cool, but did make it more difficult to find specific resources or get much utility out of the scanner...

  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I'd love it if they 'fixed' No Man's Sky's VR for PC as well, and yes, for me this includes making the game work better with non-front-facing setups. I understand that this makes more sense for space gameplay, but I spend most of my time moving around planets and space stations on foot, and that's where I find the setup as is very, very annoying.

    I'd also love for NME to have better performance in VR, but I'm kinda thinking that I'll next give the game a chance when I upgrade my PC, which may happen within the next 6-12 months.

    Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Does the psvr2 version of nms still have the weird"virtual joysticks" for piloting a ship? Where instead of using the perfectly good sucks in the controller, you tilt them like it's a joystick?

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    AlanF5 wrote: »
    Fiatil wrote: »
    The tree foliage stuff happens without the menu up. It happens anytime you're on foot exploring and turn around without moving your HUD. It took me a bit to notice too! Since they're alien planets I assumed I was just on a "barren tree planet", but then you turn around and realize it's the same planet as "lush foliage planet" just viewed from a different angle

    But it sounds like you use your joysticks to turn the hud, in which case yeah it's a total non issue. The VR implementation outside of that is solid!

    Tl;dr it's designed as a seated front facing experience. Something I'm not into at all outside of cockpit games, but plenty of people are fine with.

    The bolded part appears to have been resolved with the latest patch. At least, I went looking for it and couldn't find it. The health/enviro protection meter and your journal's objectives and your multi-tool mode are still anchored to character "front" though, regardless of head position. I could toggle the hud off entirely, which was cool, but did make it more difficult to find specific resources or get much utility out of the scanner...

    Sounds like I need to check it out again soon then! I can mostly deal with the HUD staying anchored to the front -- it was the tree foliage disappearing that really hit home how not designed for standing/roomscale the game was and made me give up. If they fixed that, it would help a lot.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    My son is having problems with his Quest 2, I figured I'd ask here if anyone has come across this.

    He hadn't used it for, like, a year. This weekend he tried using it and it says "Tracking lost". It's just a black screen. Tried holding down the power button and the power button + the volume down button to bring up boot loader and all I get is either a black screen with "tracking lost" or the options to either Reboot or Turn Off (but the controller sticks won't allow me to make a selection and the volume buttons on the headset don't do anything).

    Headset and controllers are charged. I feel like I've tried everything I could find online and no dice. The last option is to do a factory reset but that's a last resort since all save data will be lost (I guess that's better than not being able to use it at all), and I'm not even sure I could select the option to reset since the volume buttons wont even allow me to select Restart or Turn Off.

    Anyone ever have this issue? Any fixes? Anyone have experience getting a Quest serviced from Oculus? (if it gets to that)

  • Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Does the psvr2 version of nms still have the weird"virtual joysticks" for piloting a ship? Where instead of using the perfectly good sucks in the controller, you tilt them like it's a joystick?
    Yes, they do, though one axis is set to the right thumbstick. Roll by default, can be switched to yaw if you like in settings. You don't need to keep a (left) hand on the throttle at all times, you can set it and forget it.

  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    My son is having problems with his Quest 2, I figured I'd ask here if anyone has come across this.

    He hadn't used it for, like, a year. This weekend he tried using it and it says "Tracking lost". It's just a black screen. Tried holding down the power button and the power button + the volume down button to bring up boot loader and all I get is either a black screen with "tracking lost" or the options to either Reboot or Turn Off (but the controller sticks won't allow me to make a selection and the volume buttons on the headset don't do anything).

    Headset and controllers are charged. I feel like I've tried everything I could find online and no dice. The last option is to do a factory reset but that's a last resort since all save data will be lost (I guess that's better than not being able to use it at all), and I'm not even sure I could select the option to reset since the volume buttons wont even allow me to select Restart or Turn Off.

    Anyone ever have this issue? Any fixes? Anyone have experience getting a Quest serviced from Oculus? (if it gets to that)

    Sorry I don't have a fix for your issue, but I have had decent experiences with tech support. Got a couple controllers replaced due to stick drift even after they were out of warranty.

  • Options
    RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    Fleeb wrote: »
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    My son is having problems with his Quest 2, I figured I'd ask here if anyone has come across this.

    He hadn't used it for, like, a year. This weekend he tried using it and it says "Tracking lost". It's just a black screen. Tried holding down the power button and the power button + the volume down button to bring up boot loader and all I get is either a black screen with "tracking lost" or the options to either Reboot or Turn Off (but the controller sticks won't allow me to make a selection and the volume buttons on the headset don't do anything).

    Headset and controllers are charged. I feel like I've tried everything I could find online and no dice. The last option is to do a factory reset but that's a last resort since all save data will be lost (I guess that's better than not being able to use it at all), and I'm not even sure I could select the option to reset since the volume buttons wont even allow me to select Restart or Turn Off.

    Anyone ever have this issue? Any fixes? Anyone have experience getting a Quest serviced from Oculus? (if it gets to that)

    Sorry I don't have a fix for your issue, but I have had decent experiences with tech support. Got a couple controllers replaced due to stick drift even after they were out of warranty.
    Fleeb wrote: »
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    My son is having problems with his Quest 2, I figured I'd ask here if anyone has come across this.

    He hadn't used it for, like, a year. This weekend he tried using it and it says "Tracking lost". It's just a black screen. Tried holding down the power button and the power button + the volume down button to bring up boot loader and all I get is either a black screen with "tracking lost" or the options to either Reboot or Turn Off (but the controller sticks won't allow me to make a selection and the volume buttons on the headset don't do anything).

    Headset and controllers are charged. I feel like I've tried everything I could find online and no dice. The last option is to do a factory reset but that's a last resort since all save data will be lost (I guess that's better than not being able to use it at all), and I'm not even sure I could select the option to reset since the volume buttons wont even allow me to select Restart or Turn Off.

    Anyone ever have this issue? Any fixes? Anyone have experience getting a Quest serviced from Oculus? (if it gets to that)

    Sorry I don't have a fix for your issue, but I have had decent experiences with tech support. Got a couple controllers replaced due to stick drift even after they were out of warranty.

    So... it seems to be working again. Late last week, after trying everything, I removed the padding to see if that would work. It didn't. This weekend my son re-installed the padding and it went through an update (the oculus logo is now a Meta logo) and it's working again. Not sure if it's just coincidence with the padding, but hey, it's working.

  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have a referral link for Shock Troops on Quest? I want to pick it up, but there is no point in paying full price for any Quest games when you can just use a referral to get 25% off the top.

    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Does anyone have a referral link for Shock Troops on Quest? I want to pick it up, but there is no point in paying full price for any Quest games when you can just use a referral to get 25% off the top.

    @The_Spaniard

    Only one I can seem to find is for the device itself, not games. If the referral URL helps, I can PM it your way.

    Bigity on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Does anyone have a referral link for Shock Troops on Quest? I want to pick it up, but there is no point in paying full price for any Quest games when you can just use a referral to get 25% off the top.

    @The_Spaniard

    Only one I can seem to find is for the device itself, not games. If the referral URL helps, I can PM it your way.

    Honest question, are you familiar with how the game referral system works on Quest/Rift? Most games provide a referral link after you buy them where the person using it gets 25% off and you get $5 credit for someone using your referral. I made a link sharing doc that is linked in the OP for hardware and software referrals. You can check it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ui-RMuLTjiqdZeDRutjl3JeneH1jXTk02V0sSHQmi8I/edit#gid=0

    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Can I still add referral links for quest 2 games I bought after the fact?

    Didn't realize that was even a thing and used my sisters referral link when I got the headset itself.

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Can I still add referral links for quest 2 games I bought after the fact?

    Didn't realize that was even a thing and used my sisters referral link when I got the headset itself.

    If you are talking about adding your own links to the Google doc, that's what it's for. I didn't make it for just myself to get credit, I made it for everyone to put their links into and spread the love around a bit. Just remember, the first tab is for hardware referrals and the second tab is for software.

    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Does anyone have a referral link for Shock Troops on Quest? I want to pick it up, but there is no point in paying full price for any Quest games when you can just use a referral to get 25% off the top.

    @The_Spaniard

    Only one I can seem to find is for the device itself, not games. If the referral URL helps, I can PM it your way.

    Honest question, are you familiar with how the game referral system works on Quest/Rift? Most games provide a referral link after you buy them where the person using it gets 25% off and you get $5 credit for someone using your referral. I made a link sharing doc that is linked in the OP for hardware and software referrals. You can check it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ui-RMuLTjiqdZeDRutjl3JeneH1jXTk02V0sSHQmi8I/edit#gid=0

    Ah, not really no. I'll check it out.

    I just recalled seeing a referral link browsing around the website when I initially bought the headset.

  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    After mulling over getting an expansion card to add usb-c support to my PC to use an oculus link cable, I went a different route.

    Set up my older router as an access point for my quest 2 and it's a lot smoother going.

    Now I just gotta go add all my referral links to that spreadsheet..

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Man I just had an absolute blast playing the Jedi Outcast vr port. Now I REALLY REALLY want a Republic Commando port

  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Question for you folks.. Do you know of a VR game where you cook food for people and it's not too intense? Or maybe a coffee shop or something? My 9 year old loves this coffee shop game on her phone and I thought there has to be a good one for VR. We have steam and the quest 2.

Sign In or Register to comment.