[Virtual Reality] 2: Electric Butterloo

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    TimFiji wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Tetris effect?

I had forgotten it had a non-playing mode right? Where you just experience the music + effects.

WHAT?!?!

You need to beat the game on any difficulty (except practice) to unlock that.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    It seems that they're having some problems shipping the 512GB Quest 3 models in Europe. I ordered mine over the weekend (including the Elite Strap and the better face interface), and it looks like it will be delivered in December at the earliest. Which is okay, really: things are pretty busy at the moment, added to which I may get a new PC in early 2024, and most of the VR stuff I'm interested in is PCVR. Also, by then the Assassin's Creed game is out and there'll be lots of reviews, so I wouldn't just buy it blindly because of some vague, fuzzy brand loyalty.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    shit that looks good, did he do the classic wrist flip there?!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I fired up the Rift S and I am playing The 7th Guest VR.

The new cake puzzle is a more annoying version of the old one. I am liking the game. It is a fresh take on the story.

• Options
    I may get Hellsweeper. Seems like goodie. Skyrim VR seems like too much to take in.

• Options
    I guess this would work on the Rift S.
    https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/other-activities/vr-app

• Options
    edited October 2023
    The Oculus store sure does not like my VPN. Yeesh. Nosey much, Facebook?

It seems better to get stuff through Steam. Better odds that they will still be around.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Has this been posted? I had no idea this existed, I'd absolutely love to have one of these, if it wasn't for the $900+ price tag.

https://youtu.be/Xbh6rSNrkXo?si=3Sq5yt0LDX7G1aj8

• Options
    I've been following that one for a while, the reviews look good.

I had heard someone was working on a wireless adapter for it, I would pick one up if I could get rid of wires. Interesting they mould the face gasket.

• Options
    Skyrim VR is pretty damn silly. I just got through the intro.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Krathoon wrote: »

You have to hack the game to play while sitting down. Wow. So stupid.
    https://youtu.be/NrX9ZLDHgkI?si=yG72rACP-vdQaigL

Krathoon on
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Like base skyrim, mods make the game actually decent.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I picked up a PSVR2 recently. I got rid of the PSVR1 kit because I hated the setup and I knew VR2 would blow it away. I was originally waiting for some kind of deal, but I started to miss having a VR kit, so I just bit the bullet.

A few of my old games had free upgrades, so I downloaded:

Beat Saber
    Job Simulator
    Pistol Whip
    Resident Evil: Village
    Vacation Simulator

I also bought Synapse to have something that felt like it utilized the new features instead of just prettier versions of old games with better tracking.

• Options
    There is a all-in-one VR mod installer called wabbajack

I used that for both Skyrim and Fallout, makes it real easy.

• Options
    Wabbajack is not working for me. I am getting exceptions when trying to install FUS.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Wabbajack is not working for me. I am getting exceptions when trying to install FUS.

As someone who has never touched Skyrim VR, that sure is a combination of words alright.

• Options

Oh there are lots of little rules for installing, mine kept defaulting to trying to install on the root of my drive and that doesn’t actually work.

There were 2-3 other things that typically catch people up. I found a few suggested solutions on Reddit.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Dixon wrote: »

Oh there are lots of little rules for installing, mine kept defaulting to trying to install on the root of my drive and that doesn’t actually work.

There were 2-3 other things that typically catch people up. I found a few suggested solutions on Reddit.

I thought logging into Nexus mods would fix it. It seems to be not really downloading FUS. It does not fill up the blue bar.

Edit: I just messed around with it again and other mod lists work. So, FUS is broken. Man that is annoying.

Also, you need a Nexus Mods premium account or the downloader will want you to manually download everything. Pain in the butt.

Krathoon on
  • Options

I was sitting down so it was like I was a dwarf with an axe.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I picked up a PSVR2 recently. I got rid of the PSVR1 kit because I hated the setup and I knew VR2 would blow it away. I was originally waiting for some kind of deal, but I started to miss having a VR kit, so I just bit the bullet.

A few of my old games had free upgrades, so I downloaded:

Beat Saber
    Job Simulator
    Pistol Whip
    Resident Evil: Village
    Vacation Simulator

I also bought Synapse to have something that felt like it utilized the new features instead of just prettier versions of old games with better tracking.

Welcome!

I had a lot of fun with Synapse, unfortunately not a lot of replay value but it was a great 10 hours or so. There are also a stack of demos to grab if you want to try out some new shiny stuff.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Yeah. I generally dislike roguelikes, but honestly, the game is short enough, and the combat fun enough, that I can hold my nose on the rogue stuff long enough to finish it and have fun. I feel like this will be one of those games that I load up every 6 months or so just to kill shit for a bit like I did with Superhot on PSVR1. That is the one I'm missing the most since I got rid of the old kit. I'm really surprised it hasn't turned up, as I would double-dip on that one.

I also remembered I bought Red Matter, which is another free upgrade. I bounced off of that one the first time around, but maybe playing a better version will change my opinion of it. I really liked the first Budget Cuts, so Budget Cuts Ultimate is on my watchlist.

I never finished The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, but I guess I can upgrade it if I buy the Tourist Edition upgrade? That might be worth checking out too.

Are there any games I should be looking at, other than the overpriced Horizon spin-off?

• Options
    How to run RE7 in VR. You can also run a bunch of other Capcom games in VR like Monster Hunter Rise and Devil May Cry 5.
    https://fossbytes.com/resident-evil-7-biohazard-vr-free-pc-mod/

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Yeah. I generally dislike roguelikes, but honestly, the game is short enough, and the combat fun enough, that I can hold my nose on the rogue stuff long enough to finish it and have fun. I feel like this will be one of those games that I load up every 6 months or so just to kill shit for a bit like I did with Superhot on PSVR1. That is the one I'm missing the most since I got rid of the old kit. I'm really surprised it hasn't turned up, as I would double-dip on that one.

I also remembered I bought Red Matter, which is another free upgrade. I bounced off of that one the first time around, but maybe playing a better version will change my opinion of it. I really liked the first Budget Cuts, so Budget Cuts Ultimate is on my watchlist.

I never finished The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, but I guess I can upgrade it if I buy the Tourist Edition upgrade? That might be worth checking out too.

Are there any games I should be looking at, other than the overpriced Horizon spin-off?

Moss 1 - I highly recommend, I think Moss 2 is out on PS but not PC
    Synth Riders - another rhythm game that new Beat Saber levels have even taken notes from
    Ragnarock - another another rhythm game, pound the drums as your longship drives on!
    Arizona Sunshine - a great zombie shooter that is usually fairly cheap
    DCS World - for flying simulator
    Superhot VR - Superhot--in VR
    Vox Machinae - Best Mech game I've played, I believe it has a singleplayer game mode now

• Options
    Moss 1 and 2 are both on Steam now. You can get them both for $33.

I had the first one on PSVR, but I may go ahead and get a PC copy.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Moss 1 and 2 are both on Steam now. You can get them both for $33.

I had the first one on PSVR, but I may go ahead and get a PC copy.

Awesome, didn't know

• Options
    I played through Moss 1&2 right before I sold the old kit. Had I known there would be better versions with no upgrade path, I would have never picked them up. They don't seem like they have much replay value. I did enjoy them though.

We need Astro Bot to come back to VR. Either a sequel, or at least rework the original game to work with the new controllers.

• Options
    Yeah. I kind of regret getting PSVR because it can only be run on a PS4.

Oculus has way more longevity. You can hook it up to a laptop or a desktop. I think I can hook it up to my gaming laptop.

I find it better to use VR on the PC because you have mods that can convert games to VR.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    I just tried the RE7 VR mod. It is just like VR on the PS4.

They did a great job with it.

It sounds like you can delete the direct 8 input dll to switch it back to the regular game.

That seems like the hook for the VR. I will have to try it.

They need to make a menu to toggle the VR off and on.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    I kind of get annoyed when they put VR mods behind subscription paywalls.

The Horizon Zero Dawn mod does that.
    https://www.patreon.com/realvr

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I kind of regret getting PSVR because it can only be run on a PS4.
    I used my PSVR on a PS5. There is a "free" adapter available from Sony.

There's also a "hack" that lets you use it on a PC, but it requires like 5 USB cameras and a lot of tweaking and tuning to get working (and is still a substandard VR experience).

26904.png
  • Options
    I'm beyond excited that I will finally be able to play RE7 on VR. I can only assume that Capcom will eventually release an updated version for PSVR2, but in the meantime, the Rift S shall serve me well.

• Options
    I'm beyond excited that I will finally be able to play RE7 on VR. I can only assume that Capcom will eventually release an updated version for PSVR2, but in the meantime, the Rift S shall serve me well.

Yeah. The RE7 VR mod works great.

• Options
    I will have to try the Devil May Cry 5 VR mod today.

• Options
    Just nabbed Into the Radius since I've only read good things about it, and I'm a huge STALKER fan.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular

Walkabout MiniGolf is a great casual game, simple graphics but nice and clear and good fun multiplayer.
    Red Matter 2 is so far one of the best looking games on PSVR2 but I would wait and see how you go with RM1 first.
    If you have any interest at all in cars, GT7 is amazing even using the dualsense and damn near a religious experience with a wheel and pedal setup.
    Thumper has a cheap upgrade if you ever claimed it as a PS+ game and uses the haptics really well.
    No Man's Sky is meant to be a lot of fun after the recent update made it not just "less bad" but "whoa!".
    Hubris has a demo I'm yet to try but have heard good things.
    Hrm.
    Here are opinions of people that get time to play way more games than me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pAPTWiV5P4

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Oh sweet, RE7 is actually on sale right now. Is any of the DLC worth getting?

• Options
    I am running into a performance problem with the 7th Guest on the laptop. The ghost video is skipping.
    I may have to put it on the SSD.

• Options
    Oh sweet, RE7 is actually on sale right now. Is any of the DLC worth getting?

I would get all the extra story stuff. I think there is a bundle with it.