As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peace, Justice, Unity [UNIFIED DISCUSSION]

• Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Seriously though, what is this "Nemesis" thing you folks are talking about?

Batman has the Joker

Superman has Lex Luthor

We create our own Nemsis, if we ever fight them in an encounter we get extra action points equal to their level.

My character is an invisible French Serial Killer named the boogeyman, my nemesis is a French SIGMA agent named "Luc King", as in "Looking" because he's immune to my telepathic suggestion that i'm invisible which means he can see me.

And not only that, but he firmly believes in the sanctity of life, and will stop at nothing to arrest me. He keeps an entourage of SWAT-like agents around at his beck and call.

I look forward to fighting him in this game.

Fedora on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Riotcow wrote: »
    whats with this whole unified discussion thing

isn't that the whole point of this forum

We are superheroes, Riotcow

Well except for Fedora there

Green on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    creating my nemesis is gonna be a lot of fun

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Green wrote: »

Somebodies got to be the bad guy, everybody else is either a hero, or an anti-hero. Sure they might kill people, but nobodies downright malicious.

Cept me.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Graves pretty much created my perfect Nemesis

Now if he would only make a character sheet for him

Green on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Somehow, I get the feeling that the secret to the whole thing is that the multiverse still exists.

Either way, I want to be Rip Hunter.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    About this nemesis stuff, is it possible to gain one after the game starts? Like maybe another player?

Lardalish on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Lardalish wrote: »
    About this nemesis stuff, is it possible to gain one after the game starts? Like maybe another player?

Soitenly.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

There'll probably be a rule about that sort of thing.

Cause you get extra action points when you encounter your nemesis, and it'd be too easy for a couple of guys to name each other their nemesis and then engage in a fight, get the points, and then run away from each other.

Farming action points.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Fedora wrote: »

Cause you get extra action points when you encounter your nemesis, and it'd be too easy for a couple of guys to name each other their nemesis and then engage in a fight, get the points, and then run away from each other.

Farming action points.

Sure, if you wanna be a dick about it. But then theres that thing with the pond analogy that Pony used earlier. Eventually you're gonna attract the attention of the big fish, and then its bad times for you.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    AC :arrow:

writer's block :arrow:

What is THAT supposed to mean... <_<

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Farming action points.

Maybe, but I doubt anyone here is that much of a dick. I mean, I wouldn't set someone up as a nemesis for Golem unless they did something that utterly pissed him off. Like killing civilians indiscriminately or something.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't really have any Alteration or Movement abilities

I'm not really sure what would fit

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I don't really have any Alteration or Movement abilities

I'm not really sure what would fit

I gave Pulse a Movement feat that is pretty much just him stealing a car

Green on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Farming action points.

That'd be dumb.

Getting to a higher level doesn't make you win the game

just means you fight nastier things

like the faceless

or the kuro gaidoku

Pony on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Pony wrote: »

Farming action points.

That'd be dumb.

like the faceless

or the kuro gaidoku

The who know?

Lardalish on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Okay so what PETA member wants to be Genesis' nemesis?

(heehee it rhymes)

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So is there some active force trying to suppress / get rid of magic? What Im getting at is the main reason I was joining up with harrier's group is that I thought magic users were forbidden, and that I was in great danger for using magic. If thats not the case, then I need to reevaluate my guy's motives.
    You're not necessarily in danger from the Vanguard if you're a magic-based hero.

But as Pony's demonstrated, you'll be treated like a second-class citizen. You can save lives as well as a mutant, cyborg, or cosmic being, yet you're looked down on. Do you really want that?

Also, it's a matter of degrees. Are you the kind of magic user that the Vanguard, and, in the end, Ultimatum would be able to tolerate?

Cruor, though he has the motif of using blood, is a caster of spells. As out there as anything magical, and certainly thus scorned within the Vanguard, but, because you are manipulating reality in a somewhat formulaic manner, you're 'orderly' enough that you might be tolerated.

Shalim, though at first glance more conventional, draws his physical might from a mask- in which is contained the spirit of an ancient god. To acknowledge the nature of his powers is the same as admitting that Crius might be a Titan: an admission that there are inhuman beings of immense power unbound by the normal laws of nature. And, for that matter, unbound by the law of SUN.

So it might be in Cruor's best interests to join the Vanguard. It's not in Shalim's.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I really missed the name-dropping of increasingly dangerous baddies over the weekend.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Pony wrote: »

Farming action points.

That'd be dumb.

like the faceless

or the kuro gaidoku

The who know?

How many governments, you figure

Before the war, I mean

How many governments do you figure tried to get in on this superhuman thing?

Sure, people know about MK-ELIXER

And the Nazi Ubermensch

But what about the other stuff?

What about the centuries of black ops? Experiments? Secret projects? Super soldiers. Science experiments gone awry. Cybernetic assassins. Maybe even some kind of profane mystical creation of some dark sorceror in the emply of some nebulous government project?

What happens when the world gets thrown to the wall, and everything spills out?

Someone tries to pick up the pieces, surely. I mean, that's what the Reclaimation was all about. Bring the world together. Singular Unified Nation. All people under the S.U.N.

But what about these things? These creations of nations that no longer exist?

These things that have no borders to know anymore, no voice in a world that has forgotten them?

These Faceless?

Pony on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hmmmm.... I need to do some thinking about my character. I like the idea of the Errant Knights (sp?) and would still like to be a part of that, but I need to rethink why Im a part of them. I dont really know yet, Ill think about it and post some ideas I guess later on, probly tomorrow or something.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Kuro Gaidoku means black death. Dark poison. Something in the shadow which corrupts and rots.

A Japanese term.

Fancy that.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh god

The bubonic plague has stricken japan!

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh god

The Cthulu plague has stricken japan!

Green on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh god

The bubonic plague has stricken japan!

死んだ睡眠永久にでない事。
    より奇妙な時で死は死ぬかもしれない。

Pony on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    In the end, do what you feel is right. You're a hero, so ultimately, do what puts you in the best position to serve others.

Now... these Faceless... I really need Answer on speed dial or something. Though he's probably already working on this...

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Okay.

So. Some of you guys know that I'm considering playing Dr. Diana Hardy, world's leading expert on superhumans. If you come to her in-game, she will give you an in-character diagnosis report.

The report will look something like this: SAMPLE DIAGNOSTIC REPORT

The manual that the Hardy Clinic uses to do a part of that diagnosis is this: DIAGNOSIS MANUAL: CORE DIAGNOSTIC RATINGS

Both VERY rough, VERY initial drafts.

Plus I still need a logo. Hook a mutha up.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    h1.jpg

It looks like something you could see on the wall of a lab/office to me...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    That is pretty cool. :D

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    DarkseidDarkseid Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    What about something like this for the errant knights?

errantlogo1.jpg

Excuse the ms paint-itude

Darkseid on
    cutglass.jpg
    Diamond Friend Code: 0043 9432 1473
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sign me up for the Errant Knights, by the way. I like how those guys think.

Butler on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Butler wrote: »
    Sign me up for the Errant Knights, by the way. I like how those guys think.
    I want you to work for me.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    So. Some of you guys know that I'm considering playing Dr. Diana Hardy, world's leading expert on superhumans. If you come to her in-game, she will give you an in-character diagnosis report.

[WORDS]

Plus I still need a logo. Hook a mutha up.

Very cool. Dr. Hardy is kinda like Professor X.
    Minus the Patrick Stewart sexyness.
    :winky:

I got nothing going on tommorow, so I'll take a crack at designing a logo.

Hell, if all my photoshop skills return to me, I may just volunteer to design logos...

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Also, I just came up with a great Nemesis for Enzyme.

His name's Aurum. He's a guy who hates science and believes that it is not man's place to pry into the workings of the universe, and instead we should all trust our fates to the Gods. He wears a suit made of enchanted liquid gold, which he can form into hooks, spikes, clubs etc. a bit like the T-1000 and a bit like Venom.

Remember how my guy's powers are based around chemicals and chemistry? Know what chemicals react with regular gold? Practically none, but there's a few. Know what chemicals react with enchanted gold?

Yeah, neither does Enzyme.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    I don't like how you leaned in really close when you said that.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I have the perfect work for you, though.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Man, I don't know you guys. I think I might write up another character if Blak doesn't pan out.

He'd be a dude who used those experimental "Non-Lethal" weapons on people. Just auto-shottgunning the fuck out of people with bean-bag rounds.

You realize we would need to re discuss the terms of your employ, yes?

Straightzi on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Green wrote: »

Somebodies got to be the bad guy, everybody else is either a hero, or an anti-hero. Sure they might kill people, but nobodies downright malicious.

Cept me.

Hey fuck you buddy. Downright malicious is my middle name.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

The price had better be right or I'm going to start sweating agent orange.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

The price had better be right or I'm going to start sweating agent orange.
    That would be pretty cool, but yeah, you'd get paid to make poisons for SIGMA. Being that its what you're good at.

This discussion has been closed.