As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Having played around with Protea for a bit now, if you go 150% efficiency/duration/strength, toss in Primed Flow, and skip a shield mod, boy oh boy can you make a mess of things. So spammy though. Don't even really need to play all those energy games, as when turrets are 25 per and grenades 12, and you've got 400+...

I'm still just sad at the turret duration and angle of attack.

Like, she'd have replaced Vauban for me in an instant but (especially after his adjustment) he's just so much better as a deployables frame.

I was so excited for her too! Yes, give me a frame that can lay turrets! But they're not so much turrets as they are more expensive Wisp death beams that can't hit as many things.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    OMG, agree to disagree. My Protea's turrets are Harbingers of Death out to almost 60 m distant, racking up numbers well into the 5-figure range at full tilt.

Having played Vauban to death, Protea's the better deployables frame. They're at different purposes, of course, but Protea actually kills her dinner instead of just playing with it.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Razorback armada on PC.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Having played around with Protea for a bit now, if you go 150% efficiency/duration/strength, toss in Primed Flow, and skip a shield mod, boy oh boy can you make a mess of things. So spammy though. Don't even really need to play all those energy games, as when turrets are 25 per and grenades 12, and you've got 400+...

Like, she'd have replaced Vauban for me in an instant but (especially after his adjustment) he's just so much better as a deployables frame.

I was so excited for her too! Yes, give me a frame that can lay turrets! But they're not so much turrets as they are more expensive Wisp death beams that can't hit as many things.

No no you just shit them out! See a dude? Turret! Two! They pierce, they've got kind of ridiculous range even at ~105%, and good lord do they rack up their multiplier quick. If they lasted any longer, they'd need to take a severe damage downgrade, I swear.

I don't know how they'll do at like, 100, 120, sorties and such, but a whole lot of other damage powers have that problem too.

Edit: Like, you just drop a turret when you see a group of dudes, then move on. They're toast. You feel mean, you drop a grenade fan on them too as you bounce away. I took her into SO to finish hitting 30 and dropping turrets on spawns was darn near cathartic.

2Edit: Though I think I'd still take Vauban for serious point defense. She's got no CC to speak of, just pew pew. They'd probably pair nicely, turrets pointed at a Vortex would be all kinds of fun.

dporowski on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Little pro tip if you're looking to get the twitch drops. Opening the stream and leaving it to play is great and all, and so is linking your warframe/twitch accounts, but you should also probably actually log in to twitch while watching the stream. I bet that makes a difference.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Speaking of, assuming twitch isn't lying to me, the next stream is in about 1 minute.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Yup, it's on.
    (and yes, I did the thing. :( )

• Options
    Yup, it's on.
    (and yes, I did the thing. :( )

Do the thing?
    LMPGgPW.gif

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options

No no you just shit them out! See a dude? Turret! Two! They pierce, they've got kind of ridiculous range even at ~105%, and good lord do they rack up their multiplier quick. If they lasted any longer, they'd need to take a severe damage downgrade, I swear.

I don't know how they'll do at like, 100, 120, sorties and such, but a whole lot of other damage powers have that problem too.

Edit: Like, you just drop a turret when you see a group of dudes, then move on. They're toast. You feel mean, you drop a grenade fan on them too as you bounce away. I took her into SO to finish hitting 30 and dropping turrets on spawns was darn near cathartic.

2Edit: Though I think I'd still take Vauban for serious point defense. She's got no CC to speak of, just pew pew. They'd probably pair nicely, turrets pointed at a Vortex would be all kinds of fun.

If I'm gonna have to spam an ability it's not gonna be one I have to aim like some kind of filthy primary weapon user. I have a primary for that!

I mean with Vauban and the right build you just drop flechette grenades at choke points and then whistle while everything dies. Want something more active? Vortex+Orbital strikes.

What that? It costs too much energy? There's a Large Squad Energy Restore x100 blueprint now, you coward! Go farm polymer bundles!

(no seriously, I have become far too liberal with my energy pizzas, please, someone give me polymer bundles)

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Yes, give me a frame that can lay turrets! But they're not so much turrets as they are more expensive Wisp death beams that can't hit as many things.

Isn't Chroma's 4 basically a turret?

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Yes, give me a frame that can lay turrets! But they're not so much turrets as they are more expensive Wisp death beams that can't hit as many things.

Isn't Chroma's 4 basically a turret?

A pretty terrible one but yeah kinda. But really no one ever used him for his 4. It was all about self damage for the damage boost. I pretty much expect the next time this show graphs of frame usage he's going to be under 1%.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I come from a different place, there aren't any frame powers I use for damage, typically because scaling makes it non functional and I build for the failure conditions. Max range vaubans vortex/bastille is the hammer and I almost don't even pay attention to what the nails look like, the armor stripping means even on steel path and super long runs I can hirudo everything to death as it orbits the ball'o'loot.

I like the ideas of protea, and pretty much most of the frames, but to me they're more low level novelty. I use them to have fun doing stuff you can do on almost any frame with almost any build. Enjoy what you want, when you want. I think that's one of the things warframe does exactly right, maximizes agency in conjunction with personal aesthetic.

In regard to pizzas, my compulsive behavior is less about their use and more about their manufacture. I'm perpetually out of even nano spores and I spend a *significant amount of time farming with ideal strategies. I have a problem.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options

If I'm gonna have to spam an ability it's not gonna be one I have to aim like some kind of filthy primary weapon user. I have a primary for that!

I mean, it's not even aiming. It's like vaguely facing in the direction of a target, a la Mesa but even less so. The turret has a 130 degree cone of fire; you just need to glance notionally in a direction and tap 2 and poof, targets kerblasted.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Are there any steel path bosses that nyx doesn't trivialize? I never really used her for normal mode bosses, so they feel even easier in sp than they do normally, as in they die more quickly.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    God leveling up frames is boring.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

12-16 rounds on hieracon can frequently take you from 1-30. As long as you have a hitpoint mod (if you get poisoned) it's also pretty safe. For hieracon you just need a good enough gun.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020

12-16 rounds on hieracon can frequently take you from 1-30. As long as you have a hitpoint mod (if you get poisoned) it's also pretty safe. For hieracon you just need a good enough gun.

Thats what I'm doing, its just a little boring. Especially when I had 2 frames to level when I came back, 2 just came out of the oven, and two more are cooking.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options

Thats what I'm doing, its just a little boring. Especially when I had 2 frames to level when I came back, 2 just came out of the oven, and two more are cooking.

next time we're both on, I'll sleepquinox you through adaro, will be fast and active

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Don't forget that Tennocon is today, if you want that free Hydroid Prime and whichever gun it was.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Don't forget that Tennocon is today, if you want that free Hydroid Prime and whichever gun it was.

Panel streams start at 12:30 pm eastern, and drop the Athodai hand cannon. At 5 pm eastern the TennoLive stream takes over and the drop switches to Hydroid Prime.

Get them loots!

• Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Hmmm also you get stuff for logging in and visiting the TennoLive Relay, Staff skin for visiting and mystery decoration if you are in the relay as/after TennoLive ends

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    @Commander Zoom I am so sorry, but Heart of Demios appears to be an Infested open world.

Time to get the Ignis.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Yup, called it. *sigh*

... so, that was quite the dress SpaceMom was wearing, eh?

• Options
    Yup, called it. *sigh*

I was doing unimportant things like "spending time with the family", so I'm going to need images.

• Options
    Ok I loved that Cetus commercial.

• Options
    I am delighted by the foley stuff, always. Infested sound like brussels sprouts and an oven mitt. Glorious.

• Options
    Listening to TennoLive twitch.

Tenshin: The Orokin would be proud of you.
    Me: I don't want the Orokin to be proud of me. They were monsters.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Yup, called it. *sigh*

I was doing unimportant things like "spending time with the family", so I'm going to need images.

Small one, but it should convey the essentials:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSEyknLTAd-7A-TwIa2gS2dXriYJXvc6potFQ&usqp=CAU

Drumstick sleeves and a very low cut bodice.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    That is quite the dress...

Speaking of outfits. Helens dress looks very greek, but with a slight orokin touch due to the golden parallell hairpins.

Fiendishrabbit on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Whelp, time to sit in the relay with my sound turned off while I also sit in the twitch stream with my sound turned off.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I need the coat. (Also I missed the pistol but I'm only marginally mad about it. :( )

dporowski on
  • Options
    I need the coat. (Also I missed the pistol but I'm only marginally mad about it. :( )

It's a "time-limited exclusive" if I remember what I read correctly, so it'll drop into the game proper eventually.

• Options
    Boy does this update sound like it was designed explicitly for Commander Zoom to hate.

• Options
    --- oh that's horrifying

You can feed Warframes to the Helminth to be able to swap out Warframe abilities (just one ability per warframe)

So meaning: let's say you had a 'frame, you got the Prime! You can just. Feed it. To the Helminth.

This is horrifying :)

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Nips wrote: »

It's a "time-limited exclusive" if I remember what I read correctly, so it'll drop into the game proper eventually.

Yeah, they always do somehow, I'm just annoyed.

Man I will not be missing the derelict key system.

Maaaaan, I haven't even finished one of the open world systems they put in yet.

dporowski on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    --- oh that's horrifying

You can feed Warframes to the Helminth to be able to swap out Warframe abilities (just one ability per warframe)

So meaning: let's say you had a 'frame, you got the Prime! You can just. Feed it. To the Helminth.

This is horrifying :)

Spores for everyone!

• Options
    fuck no.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Time for future tech body horror, continued.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Those are some rad warhammer enemy designs.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Haven't played since Nov. 2019. This game really needs some sort of obvious re-onboarding.

. . .however I'll be damned if this isn't the coolest way to involve your fans in your presentation given the COVID limitations.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
This discussion has been closed.