As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Do I want to stuff 2 more forma into my Stahlta to make it fit +projectile speed? One more I'd do, but I just don't know if I feel like 2...

Do eeeeet. One quick exterminate on adaro with sleepquinox will max it, max anything really.

What's this, then? Only thing I do with Equinox is giant Maim bombs...

High duration and range on Equinox, night mode, put everyone in a huge radius to sleep and kill them all. As long as nobody sees you killing mooks, your stealth xp multiplier will stay up and you'll gain a fuckton of xp. You can't level other frames, obviously, but any weapons will level up in a single round (or two, if you fuck up the multiplier)

you can't level other frames. yet. I still can't belive they chose that for Helmith

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Do I want to stuff 2 more forma into my Stahlta to make it fit +projectile speed? One more I'd do, but I just don't know if I feel like 2...

Do eeeeet. One quick exterminate on adaro with sleepquinox will max it, max anything really.

High duration and range on Equinox, night mode, put everyone in a huge radius to sleep and kill them all. As long as nobody sees you killing mooks, your stealth xp multiplier will stay up and you'll gain a fuckton of xp. You can't level other frames, obviously, but any weapons will level up in a single round (or two, if you fuck up the multiplier)

Orly? Huh, does it care about +str? I think my default build is just range uber alles, but good chance of having duration on as well...

I assume this is better than Ivara because less chance of a corpse being seen and you can run?

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

Orly? Huh, does it care about +str? I think my default build is just range uber alles, but good chance of having duration on as well...

I assume this is better than Ivara because less chance of a corpse being seen and you can run?

corpses don't matter, duration and range are the only thing that do stat wise. Better than ivara because it spreads and has a larger aoe for the sleep. I build for efficiency so I can spam it continually as I walk.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    Been diving back into this still. Wisp is fun. Grendel sounded obnoxious to unlock, so I expended my platinum horde to grab him too. Enjoying both so far. Working on Protea now, not sure what strategy to use for Granum Void. Just Mesa it and throw out the charged Xoris I suppose?

Also playing with a controller now since I just had shoulder surgery and have an arm stuck in a sling, which is a complicating factor. Wonder if I can get the elite weekly’s done though, kind of like this Nightwave unlocks.

Grendel is less obnoxious to obtain (LOOKING AT YOU, HARROW) and more tedious. His missions are no mods but it's a guaranteed part drop. But no mods means the best thing to do is just heavy melee slam over and over. So you just bunny hop while slamming the ground and oh my god it's tedious.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    I dragged my wife and a buddy into this and we were wondering if we could come crash at the PC dojo:
    aLurkerAbove
    ReveNoire
    Aprotosis

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Been diving back into this still. Wisp is fun. Grendel sounded obnoxious to unlock, so I expended my platinum horde to grab him too. Enjoying both so far. Working on Protea now, not sure what strategy to use for Granum Void. Just Mesa it and throw out the charged Xoris I suppose?

Also playing with a controller now since I just had shoulder surgery and have an arm stuck in a sling, which is a complicating factor. Wonder if I can get the elite weekly’s done though, kind of like this Nightwave unlocks.

Grendel is less obnoxious to obtain (LOOKING AT YOU, HARROW) and more tedious. His missions are no mods but it's a guaranteed part drop. But no mods means the best thing to do is just heavy melee slam over and over. So you just bunny hop while slamming the ground and oh my god it's tedious.

Oh yeah. I also haven't unlocked arbitrations yet, so I would have to go through that slog, then farm up the material for him, then do the tedious missions and... eh. Decided to just buy him since I have a nice stash of platinum from that time they accidentally priced the Hydroid Prime pack at seven dollars.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Managed to knock out a Harrow systems today with the help of a friend. So that's another duplicate that's cooking.

Probably looking to a Nidus dupe next, because Larva seems like a fun ability to be able to have on anyone.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    excellent

unknown.png?width=835&height=627

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

you can't level other frames. yet. I still can't belive they chose that for Helmith

I think frames have to be max rank before you can swap their abilities bud.

(you can feed them to Audrey III at any time tho V: )

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I'd imagine you'd have access the ability for forma purposes though. Probably just unlocks at the same level as whatever slot you replaced.

• Options
    The Nightmare Granum Void is pretty tough. My strategy of just using Mesa to blow up the specters has not been as effective. Suppose I could try grinding up the Xoris to max. Alternatively I could just grind up a bunch of crowns and see if some people wanna burn through the stacks for the drops.

• Options
    The Nightmare Granum Void is pretty tough. My strategy of just using Mesa to blow up the specters has not been as effective. Suppose I could try grinding up the Xoris to max. Alternatively I could just grind up a bunch of crowns and see if some people wanna burn through the stacks for the drops.

i can help with the void if you're on pc, it's pretty fun

• Options
    Sure. I'll hit you up next time we're both on. So far I've only made it to about 65 kills on my own, but my Mesa is too squishy and pops if I stay still too long which slows me down.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    With Mesa, immediately move to a map edge upon spawning into the Void. It makes it trivial to funnel the specters into your Regulator cone, keeping them out of eye beam's reach.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I just got the urge to do Darude's Sandstorm for Octavia, and name it "Ben Shapiro's Wife" and link it in region chat multiple times because I am the soul of wit

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Well, you're half right. :P

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Madpoet wrote: »
    I dragged my wife and a buddy into this and we were wondering if we could come crash at the PC dojo:
    aLurkerAbove
    ReveNoire
    Aprotosis

You guys should have invites pending in your inbox

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I just got the urge to do Darude's Sandstorm for Octavia, and name it "Ben Shapiro's Wife" and link it in region chat multiple times because I am the soul of wit

my octavia song is chocobo music

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »

my octavia song is chocobo music

https://youtu.be/hEUOOgNzOv4 ??

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    So I finally watched the Tennocon presentation and I'm very excited to return to Warframe after yet another extended absence

My only question though is, will us folks who have over a thousand hours in the game already be able to play the neo-new player experience? Because quite frankly I'd like to see it, and there are a few friends of mine who are only a few planets in who could probably use an actual tutorial, too

Honestly I really do hope it's not just a new first mission, the game does such a poor job of easing in and explaining its new systems during the opening hours, that whole early progression needs a rework)

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote: »
    So I finally watched the Tennocon presentation and I'm very excited to return to Warframe after yet another extended absence

My only question though is, will us folks who have over a thousand hours in the game already be able to play the neo-new player experience? Because quite frankly I'd like to see it, and there are a few friends of mine who are only a few planets in who could probably use an actual tutorial, too

Honestly I really do hope it's not just a new first mission, the game does such a poor job of easing in and explaining its new systems during the opening hours, that whole early progression needs a rework)

iirc yes any player can play through the new player experience. I think via the quest part of the codex?

Not sure if that's implemented yet.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Olivaw wrote: »

Being a more recent player, the best thing is just to get through the Star Chart at a slow, natural pace. Maybe using platinum to buy a frame/cosmetic or two you really like and can be happy with. I wouldn't stop and try to grind the open world stuff even though it unlocks early on. Once you do the cool story quests, you can start digging into grinding for whatever you want. Hell, I just hit MR 22 and I have what seems like 50 weapons and 10 frames I'm missing just because they weren't high priorities for me at the time.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Steel path has a built in resource drop chance booster, so I've been doing most of my resource farming in that mode. I need a bunch of argon to build a bunch of frame parts, and so went to the void in sp mode.

At first the argon was pretty regular, ever half a minute or so, got about 20 and it stopped dropping for five minutes, then this happened, I thought it was kindof funny.

a5iQfWa.jpg

• Options
    Well, I solo'd Vey Hek on Steel Path without much trouble. Felt good doing it with Excal and not a deathless frame.

• Options
    TWITCH DROPS THIS WEEK

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1214626-livestream-schedule-august-17-21/

Ash parts, + a FREE WARFRAME SLOT on Thursday. Even if you don't care about getting an extra Ash to feed to the Helminth (... or your first Ash), that extra *slot* is good shit. And as for Ash, the most efficient way to farm him is to grind Defection missions because his parts drop from Grineer Manics and Manics are a guaranteed spawn on certain Defection, so, yeah.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    TWITCH DROPS THIS WEEK

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1214626-livestream-schedule-august-17-21/

Ash parts, + a FREE WARFRAME SLOT on Thursday. Even if you don't care about getting an extra Ash to feed to the Helminth (... or your first Ash), that extra *slot* is good shit. And as for Ash, the most efficient way to farm him is to grind Defection missions because his parts drop from Grineer Manics and Manics are a guaranteed spawn on certain Defection, so, yeah.

Just in time for me to go on vacation for a week. Hopefully I got these twitch app settings done right, so it'll tell me when they start, but not blow up my phone.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    And of course the one that I need for the ephemera is from the 7 AM stream.

• Options
    I feel like the Equinox exterminates are either harder than they let on, or I'm just bad at being sneaky. Maybe I should try Ivara...

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I feel like the Equinox exterminates are either harder than they let on, or I'm just bad at being sneaky. Maybe I should try Ivara...

There's a lot that goes into it besides the ability. Tile set is surprisingly important for example.

It is really fast for leveling things when you get it down but frankly I'd rather just watch netflix while lazily murdering Hydron with pubbies if all I'm going for is leveling things.

*edit*
    Which I should add at MR28 I don't do anymore at all because when I forma something I tend to gain capacity rather than lose it.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited August 2020

There is no sneaking required. If you're failing it's because you're not spamming the ability enough. It goes through doors and through some walls, making sure you sweep it across each room and through every access point many times is integral to the process.

I just rapid fire like it's a latron, painting the entire map with it as I go continually. It never fails, unless I'm helping someone level and they run ahead or just don't kill in time for the duration.

Putting silent mods on firearms can sometimes help as it doesn't penetrate past some barriers, the sound can (though rarely if you're really spammy enough) attract dudes from out of casting range.

EDIT: Tileset shouldn't make a difference, because adaro is the only map to use it on, anything else just makes things slower/less efficient.

kralizecc on
  • Options

There is no sneaking required. If you're failing it's because you're not spamming the ability enough. It goes through doors and through some walls, making sure you sweep it across each room and through every access point many times is integral to the process.

I just rapid fire like it's a latron, painting the entire map with it as I go continually. It never fails, unless I'm helping someone level and they run ahead or just don't kill in time for the duration.

Putting silent mods on firearms can sometimes help as it doesn't penetrate past some barriers, the sound can (though rarely if you're really spammy enough) attract dudes from out of casting range.

EDIT: Tileset shouldn't make a difference, because adaro is the only map to use it on, anything else just makes things slower/less efficient.

Wha... Man I was trying to use it on everything, and I needed LOS. Maybe I'll try again. I was on Adaro, and shit just kept sneaking up on me.

• Options

Wha... Man I was trying to use it on everything, and I needed LOS. Maybe I'll try again. I was on Adaro, and shit just kept sneaking up on me.

80% of my casting has no direct line of sight, i cast as if there's a mob in every corner of the room I'm approaching. I fully cover it in spam before opening the door, same with hallways and corners. i treat it like a semi auto ignis. It's very reliable, I'll see if i can make a video later, shame we can't group up.

• Options
    I'll give it a shot, so to speak. Worst case I get annoyed and kill everything loudly, after all. Tried Hydron for a change from Akkad, and it did most of what I needed anyway, with a nice change in soundtrack. About running out of things to level for the moment anyway, until I go on another crafting binge. And I think I'll need to level Fortuna/Plains rep first for a lot of that, and ew.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i am building so many old frames and it feels like an enormous mistake to feed em to the sentient cancer in my ship...

i'm sure it'll be fine. it's fine. i wont regret it later...

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    No no it's not cancer. It's nothing like cancer.

It's more like the Flood, or a standard nanoplague.

• Options
    Customizing the Velocitus, I won't rest until it ends up like this.

• Options
    all this warframe building means I'm out of Polymer Bundles for the first time in like... a year.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    No no it's not cancer. It's nothing like cancer.

It's more like the Flood, or a standard nanoplague.

Mmmmmmm, grey goo

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    all this warframe building means I'm out of Polymer Bundles for the first time in like... a year.

do you not munch pizzas constantly?

• Options

I have to regularly farm for both Polymer Bundles and Nano Spores, due to a... problem I have. If you ever want to closet farm hit me up (it's so very boring)

This discussion has been closed.