As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Did they ever re-balance Corinth rivens?

It's probably slightly less powerful now. Corinth rivens are now given a 0.95 weight (so 5% less powerful than the average).

They're also making rivens slightly weaker for alternate versions of weapons now. I don't know if that means that Corinth Prime rivens are going to start out as already being junk.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I haven't played since WoW Classic came out but I heard Corinth Prime is coming out soon.

Did they ever re-balance Corinth rivens? Because this alone might get me back into the game, the Corinth Riven I rolled up awhile back is like the single most valuable thing I own, and I'm starting to feel the itch......

edit: before anyone asks:
    unknown.png

Old picture, not current, which is why I'm asking.

Nice! My Corinth riven is:
    +109.8 Toxin
    +186.5 Damage
    -61.6 Impact

The Corinth is good and has a 3/5 riven disposition (and I love her she is my baby) but it's been surpassed by a lot of things. Frankly it was already surpassed by a lot of things before I even started playing.

But! Corinth Prime is coming out and works a little differently along with Titania Prime (FUCK YEAH DEATH PIXIE PRIME).

With the riven you have though it should hold up pretty well even into the high level missions.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    So, I just saw all these changes are coming and did they:

1) make Nyx's Assimilate mod exilus like Mesa's Waltz yet?

2) make changes to focus gain rates?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    With status going above 100%....twin basolk is pure madness. Pure madness...

Combine that, Rift Strike, and Amalgam Organ Shatter for some teleporting funtime goodness.

Rift strike yes. Twin basolk are not crit blades, so Killing blow instead of Amalgam organ shatter. But generally rift strike is only for emergencies (combined with lifestrike).

The real killer is Quickening+Weeping wounds+2x60/60s
    It's about striking fast, building up that combo and just get status madness (dealing all ze status in just a single strike and then striking even more).

Amalgam Organ Shatter isn't for crits, it's so your charge attack pops off faster so you teleport to the enemy faster.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Do I have to be online to see/accept a clan invite?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hmmmmm I just got a new PC and went to install Warframe before realizing that A. PS4 data doesn't transfer and B. I have very tiny hands and the default keybinds are nearly impossible to use

I can't solve the first problem, but does anyone have some good recommendations for alternate keybinds to make this game easier to handle?

• Options
    https://youtu.be/olnYS4dbbFs?t=516

I just watched this today, I'm going to try these keybinds.

One thing he didn't do that I did is bind interact/stealth kill to mouse 4.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Arch wrote: »
    Hmmmmm I just got a new PC and went to install Warframe before realizing that A. PS4 data doesn't transfer and B. I have very tiny hands and the default keybinds are nearly impossible to use

I can't solve the first problem, but does anyone have some good recommendations for alternate keybinds to make this game easier to handle?

How many buttons do you have on your mouse? I have crouch/slide bound to one of my thumb buttons and it makes things so much easier.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    ....wish I had seen that before I made my account so I could have gotten a referral thing

OH WELL

I'll check out his keybinds, I don't need most of the video, I've been playing for years

Thanks!

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Combine that, Rift Strike, and Amalgam Organ Shatter for some teleporting funtime goodness.

Rift strike yes. Twin basolk are not crit blades, so Killing blow instead of Amalgam organ shatter. But generally rift strike is only for emergencies (combined with lifestrike).

It's about striking fast, building up that combo and just get status madness (dealing all ze status in just a single strike and then striking even more).

Amalgam Organ Shatter isn't for crits, it's so your charge attack pops off faster so you teleport to the enemy faster.

And Killing blow also pops off the attack faster, and adds +120% damage at the same time. So. Killing blow.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

And Killing blow also pops off the attack faster, and adds +120% damage at the same time. So. Killing blow.

Oh? I haven't messed with the build or most melee mods since before the melee changes so that's good news!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I'm in game right now as MicroCurie if anyone wants to friend or clan me

• Options
    Done!

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    ....wish I had seen that before I made my account so I could have gotten a referral thing

OH WELL

I'll check out his keybinds, I don't need most of the video, I've been playing for years

Thanks!

If you want into the clan just post your in-game name and someone will snag you once we have a chance too.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    So, do the design council folks get to tell us which ten community-suggested Warframe ideas DE is giving them to vote on? Or are they sworn to secrecy?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    shy is stuck in quarantine in her orbiter (post-Second Dream quest spoilers)

https://youtu.be/fxMl6V3dPH8

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Holy shit, has it really been 151 days since intermission 2 started?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Systems short on content updates after their launch? In my Warframe?

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    BTW, it is, on console at least, a double affinity weekend. This does indeed stack with a booster, exactly how you'd hope it might.

If you got anything you've been wanting to forma...

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

Eh, they've put out a lot of content in the interim, they've extended the current nightwave so people can still get things out of the system as is and the next nightwave sounds like it's going to come shortly after Crimson Tide.

I'm not saying you don't have a point, because you totally do, but I don't agree this is really an example of it.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Boy, if my damn cat would ever render in the orbiter, I'd put some forma into the little guy. But no... It's not the vet! You don't need to hide! I just need to stuff more mod points into you, kitty! You like HP and armor, don't you?!

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I was running a low-level Nightmare Sabotage mission for an Intermission... bounty?

Anyway, I loaded in and was joined by an MR4 and an MR25. The MR4 asks in chat "hey, I need to find the caches, can you guys help?"

"Sure, sure, no problem," I said.

Then the MR25 uses a Wolf beacon.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I was running a low-level Nightmare Sabotage mission for an Intermission... bounty?

Anyway, I loaded in and was joined by an MR4 and an MR25. The MR4 asks in chat "hey, I need to find the caches, can you guys help?"

"Sure, sure, no problem," I said.

Then the MR25 uses a Wolf beacon.

What a git.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Eh, they've put out a lot of content in the interim, they've extended the current nightwave so people can still get things out of the system as is and the next nightwave sounds like it's going to come shortly after Crimson Tide.

I'm not saying you don't have a point, because you totally do, but I don't agree this is really an example of it.

Part of the problem is that now I can't be sure whether I'm actually done with the intermission or if I need to keep grinding. I fell a bit behind after the first extension happened, and needed to dig through a bunch of recovered stuff.

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/olnYS4dbbFs?t=516

I just watched this today, I'm going to try these keybinds.

One thing he didn't do that I did is bind interact/stealth kill to mouse 4.

I’m a PS4 player who tried this out in 2016 but got distracted by other things. 32GB of space ninja goodness is re-downloading to my console right now, because of this video.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    And I'm still only on rank 25 because I haven't played much since then. Is Scarlet Spear going to end the intermission or do I still have a chance of getting that Umbral Forma?

Dakkareth on
  • Options
    Dakkareth wrote: »
    And I'm still only on rank 25 because I haven't played much since then. Is Scarlet Spear going to end the intermission or do I still have a chance of getting that Umbral Forma?

If you start knocking out Nightwave goals almost assuredly since that means you have a giant backlog of recoverable goals.

• Options
    Update: figured out why I didn’t find the game super compelling in 2016, I think - I had a bow, throwing knives, and a staff on an Excalibur.
    I still don’t have a sword yet, but at least I was able to buy a Bratton so I can shoot things that are in that elusive “not one meter away, but also not so far away they don’t yet see me” range band. Feels a little better!

_
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    yeah I highly advise not taking the bow to start
    staff is fine though

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I know there are some PS4 players lurking around here, see if they can't get you set up with the basics, like a non-broken serration

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I liked the bow early in but now I have a flamethrower so.

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    staff is fine though
    For me this was the initial selling point of Warframe. "Wow, not just spacegun #4711, I'm using kunai and a bow like an actual space ninja. Cool."

Although for ease of use and straight up power there are indeed better options.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Got around to getting the parts for nidus. Got super lucky with getting the parts fast. RNG owes me after making me run at least a hundred capture missions and still not giving me the last Aegis part from Lith S9.

• Options
    staff is fine though
    For me this was the initial selling point of Warframe. "Wow, not just spacegun #4711, I'm using kunai and a bow like an actual space ninja. Cool."

The bow is ok for people that are really good at leading a ballistic weapon. The problem is unless they exclusively play Skyrim as a stealthed head-shot archer most people aren't great at that :P

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    staff is fine though

The bow is ok for people that are really good at leading a ballistic weapon. The problem is unless they exclusively play Skyrim as a stealthed head-shot archer most people aren't great at that :P

There's another way to play Skyrim Elder Scrolls games?

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Yeah, honestly, I stayed with the game because I could do ninja things, and stealth around with a sword and a bow and kunais and move through stages unseen. "Third person shootmans with guns" would not have kept my attention in the slightest. But with the new massive detection upgrades, I'm not sure I could do that quite as easily anymore.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Volt is a high damage warframe who offers a potent alternative to gunplay.

Attention all first-time players: this description is a lie.

While it's absolutely possible to build warframes in a way that allows them to deal most of their damage through abilities rather than weapons, such builds require a significant investment into mods and other systems. It's going to take a few weeks at minimum before you get to that point. Even when you do, your janky wizard build is still going to be way less efficient than even a low end cookie cutter damage weapon. So you're never going to have a potent alternative to gunplay.

So don't get too excited about Volt based on his in-game description. After you've zapped three guys to death, you're going to have to be a shooty man like everybody else while you wait for a blue orb to drop so you zap one one additional guy.

• Options
    To be clear, I also like the bow+kunai aesthetic, and I don't hate the bow - I even did my very first mastery challenge yesterday with a Mk I Paris equipped. I just find that there are plenty of situations where I'm far enough away from someone that my controller-based, old-man aim with the kunai is ...iffy, and yet if I stand still long enough to draw the bow I get four or five dudes up in my face. One possible answer is to do a lot more work with the staff, but getting to play around with the Bratton is okay by me too.

_
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I found Volt very easy to play at low levels. His 1 skill is straight up chain lightning, and it one-shots stuff for a long while. Great for shield drones.

More random midgame questions:
    Should I be repping a faction? The whole enemy system makes me wary. How do I pick which one?

Is there a way to make Vay Hek runs go faster? I had really hard time hitting his weak point with Tetra.

I just unlocked Saturn. Are the 2 missions on Phobos still my best credit farming places?

Thank you for your Hek primary recommendation. I put a potato in it for good measure, it's my "oh shit this content is actually hard" gun now.

Are there any good secondaries? Mostly I've been sad when I use them. Viper has been particularly pathetic.

captaink on
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    captaink wrote: »
    I found Volt very easy to play at low levels. His 1 skill is straight up chain lightning, and it one-shots stuff for a long while. Great for shield drones.

More random midgame questions:
    Should I be repping a faction? The whole enemy system makes me wary. How do I pick which one?

Is there a way to make Vay Hek runs go faster? I had really hard time hitting his weak point with Tetra.

I just unlocked Saturn. Are the 2 missions on Phobos still my best credit farming places?

Thank you for your Hek primary recommendation. I put a potato in it for good measure, it's my "oh shit this content is actually hard" gun now.

Are there any good secondaries? Mostly I've been sad when I use them. Viper has been particularly pathetic.

1. The factions are good, yes. If you like the Hek, you can get a great mod for it and eventually a better version of the gun from levelling Steel Meridian. Don't worry about invasions, they're usually not that tough and if it's not an endless mission you can just avoid them. The only one that might give you trouble early on is the Ancient pack New Loka sends, but you can mitigate that by using Radiation procs on them.

2. A sniper rifle would be good for Vay Hek. Vectis (MR2) or Rubico (MR6) are both good.

3. Dark Sectors are still your best bet, until you reach Neptune and can do the Index.

4. Good low to mid mastery secondaries are Lex (MR3), Atomos (MR5) or Staticor (MR10).

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
This discussion has been closed.