As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I considered Arcane Barrier+Arcane Aegis for Hildryn but I ultimately decided that if Arcane Barrier isn't getting the job done Arcane Aegis is gonna do fuckall.

Granted I'm still 44k away from maxing even Arcane Barrier so... well, shit.

The ones I've maxes so far are Arcane Guardian because it's super useful on basically any frame, Arcane Velocity (because I main Titania and it's utterly comical on Mesa), and then the fuck-your-magnetic/toxin-damage arcanes for the aforementioned reason.

There's more that I'd like to max just to be able to play with builds but the only thing I'm actively working towards at this point is maxing Arcane Barrier.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I have been having a ton of fun using Trickery on Ash. As long as you keep throwing out your 4, you are almost permanently invisible.

Energy upkeep isn't that bad, either, so I might exchange Energize for Ultimatum or Agility.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    So I got a maxed Energise, Velocity, Avenger, and uh... Shit maybe that's it.

What should I get next? I was thinking about Grace, but it's kinda niche (Only Inaros/Nidus), as is the 300% pistol damage on headshot one, since I'd only use it on Titania. (And Energize/Velocity would do well for her anyway.)

Maybe Guardian? (That's the 900 armor proc, right?)

dporowski on
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I have been having a ton of fun using Trickery on Ash. As long as you keep throwing out your 4, you are almost permanently invisible.

Energy upkeep isn't that bad, either, so I might exchange Energize for Ultimatum or Agility.

Trickery Ash + Covert Lethality + Fatal Teleport was my main jam in Index until the Covert Lethality nerf ( ;-; )

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular

Trickery Ash + Covert Lethality + Fatal Teleport was my main jam in Index until the Covert Lethality nerf ( ;-; )

Yeah, these days I feel like his 4 gets more love than his 3. Maybe with an Ultimatum build?

• Options

Yeah, these days I feel like his 4 gets more love than his 3. Maybe with an Ultimatum build?

I was already using Ultimatum + Trickery in Index, and it was already good before they changed up how Arcanes work. Now it'll be incredible, so I'll recommend it.

I might look into building for his 4 now that you mention it. I really, REALLY want him to be fun in Index specifically again, but the whole point of Index/Rathuum Covert Lethality Ash was to be able to one-shot those guys once their armor and shield scaling got stupid. Kinda took the fun out of Index entirely for me, and it felt stupid because that combo was pointless in the rest of the game. Covert Lethality didn't work on bosses (rightly so), it's useless against most non-humanoid enemies (more annoying, but I get that the animation for Ospreys specifically likely breaks a LOT of shit), and it's useless in situations where you have 5 billion dudes all coming at you at once, which is most situations. It feels like the nerf was only half thought out, like they'd *intended* to move those kinds of Finishers to the Parazon, but then... didn't.

Similarly, the other situations where you used Covert Lethality:

* as Ivara, going slowly on Spy missions
    * As Loki, going somewhat faster on Spy missions
    * As Inaros, kinda just walking through dudes

In all those situations, you're going a lot more slowly than you normally would, so the situations where it's useful are things where you're not trying to mow down two hundred mans at once like on Defense or Survival or whatever. Which to me, given the silly ass power scaling of Warframe, isn't *broken*, there's plenty of other Warframes and weapon combos you could use to do the same task. I guess... I guess my thing is, I think of Warframe as a game where you have a huge toolbox of stuff you could use, and for me it's annoying when there's ONLY one tool you can use (like Chroma against Profit Taker, and why I was glad when changes to Eidolons / other 'frames made other 'frames more viable, like the Limbo + Titania combo or whatever). While other people seem to treat the game like where you have Your One Main That You Only Use, so THEY get mad when other 'frames / guns do better than Their Personal Fave. Idk. Rambling.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I can't believe it's happened to me, right in front of my face, my feelings just can't hide it ... FINALLY.

I actually just won 1000 plat through the DE PlayWarframe discord chat. I had always missed it and would see the messages from sometimes minutes before when they were doing giveaways. Today was the FIRST time that I actually got to respond to the giveaway since it literally happened right in front of my face. Imagine my surprise when the giveaway ends and MY name shows up as the winner. WHHHOOOOOOOTTTTTTT.

Now how do I spend my fortuitous gains ... I've been eyeing some deluxe skins but maybe there is a better way I can spend mah plat.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I can't believe it's happened to me, right in front of my face, my feelings just can't hide it ... FINALLY.

I actually just won 1000 plat through the DE PlayWarframe discord chat. I had always missed it and would see the messages from sometimes minutes before when they were doing giveaways. Today was the FIRST time that I actually got to respond to the giveaway since it literally happened right in front of my face. Imagine my surprise when the giveaway ends and MY name shows up as the winner. WHHHOOOOOOOTTTTTTT.

Now how do I spend my fortuitous gains ... I've been eyeing some deluxe skins but maybe there is a better way I can spend mah plat.

PITA frames, if you don't have them all yet of course.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

PITA frames, if you don't have them all yet of course.

Decisions, decisions. I've got MOST of the PITA frames already. Off the top, I recently got Harrow, Nidus, and Octavia. I waited until I got a discount and bought them. Things left on my list are grindy-to-get and/or annoying-farm frames. Like Atlas, Ash, Mesa and oh, Grendel is on that list because I've heard the stories. I've got like 12 frames sitting in storage waiting for plat to buy slots. Those will go first since I can buy the necessary slots now. I'll just bide my time and wait for a few 50% discounts like always. But watch as I proceed to get very few if any 50% discounts like I have been getting every two weeks over the past few months. I haven't gotten a 75% discounts in more than a year.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

are you on PC or console?

cause if you're on PC you can get a lot of prime frames on the market for 1k

technically you can on console too, but it's a lot more annoying and I think the prices are somewhat inflated?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

are you on PC or console?

cause if you're on PC you can get a lot of prime frames on the market for 1k

technically you can on console too, but it's a lot more annoying and I think the prices are somewhat inflated?

I think reward plat like that is untradaable. Which makes using it for the REAL endgame guilt free

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grendel.

Grendel Grendel Grendel.

Grendel.

Buy that shit. I virtually never buy anything with plat, and I looked at the Grendel grind and immediately noped to the store to get it.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    Grendel.

Grendel Grendel Grendel.

Grendel.

Buy that shit. I virtually never buy anything with plat, and I looked at the Grendel grind and immediately noped to the store to get it.

There's a grind in the sense of having to run Arbitrations but once you have the three beacons there's no grind. Each mission is a guaranteed part drop once you complete it.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Missions where your frames don't have mods and you can't PUG because it won't match you with randos so you have to go...socialize...phht.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Harrow's 1 sends a wave of energy along the ground, stunning enemies who stand along it's path.

DE introducing a new faction of enemies that exclusively hover in midair has presented a problem to using this ability effectively.

• Options
    I have been playing so much Mesa I had to turn off controller vibration.

Also, I hate the person who brought a speed nova. I hate that person so much. About as much as I hate the Equinox that I am pretty sure only read "takes more damage" on that one ability, and ignored "deals more damage".

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I finally did the intro quest chain for Orb/Fortuna. That was neat, especially the music. Now I can do nightmare missions for the weekly on Venus again. Not sure if I will ever actually go back there. Although, I have to get some doodad from there to use arch guns on the ground right?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Yeah, to get the gravimags for archguns you need to hit max rank with solaris united to unlock the orb heist

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Yeah, to get the gravimags for archguns you need to hit max rank with solaris united to unlock the orb heist

Booo! Oh well I can just run the highest level bounties I guess. Then again I am sure it will include at least a few pain in the ass rare materials in addition to rep to level up at some point. Oh well, what's another grind.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Missions where your frames don't have mods and you can't PUG because it won't match you with randos so you have to go...socialize...phht.

And since I've heard literally no single person say that these missions are either Fun or Interesting, and in fact the opposite, I decided to value my time over my money here.

There are longer grinds, sure, but I'm not wasting my time playing something so poorly designed.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

And since I've heard literally no single person say that these missions are either Fun or Interesting, and in fact the opposite, I decided to value my time over my money here.

There are longer grinds, sure, but I'm not wasting my time playing something so poorly designed.

All of the above, plus Grendel does not appeal to me at all, aesthetically or mechanically.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I have Grendel

I definitely would not recommend buying or earning Grendel

Gauss on the other hand is rad and also something of an annoying grind

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I totally bought Gauss.

and I'm totally glad I did.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I will say, having bought Grendel, I've enjoyed my time using him.

He's a bit of a weirdo, so it's a matter of taste.

Nips on
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Battalysts are one of the oldest Sentient enemies in the game, going all the way back to 2015. They are infamous for their "disco fever" attack, in which they emit laser beams in all directions that hit like trucks, largely because if you're getting hit by one beam, you're probably getting hit by several. Worse yet, even when under the influence of a CC ability, the battalyst will continue to emit the attack while incapacitated.

Having a Nyx or Revenant in your squad can be invaluable when a battalyst shows up, because not only do they make disco fever harmless against you, they also turn that massive and unavoidable source of damage against their fellow Sentients, eradicating every other enemy in the room. It's pretty funny.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I have Grendel

I definitely would not recommend buying or earning Grendel

Gauss on the other hand is rad and also something of an annoying grind

I'm one part away from gauss and I have not had the energy to try for it in months

• Options

Solo them with a big-ass hammer. Just pound the ground until the mission is over.

• Options

*looks at Mechwarrior Online sig and bites tongue*

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Booo! Oh well I can just run the highest level bounties I guess. Then again I am sure it will include at least a few pain in the ass rare materials in addition to rep to level up at some point. Oh well, what's another grind.

I’m newly resigned to doing this, as well. I need six more Familial bonds, and that cold-hearted miser Ticker knows it. So he hasn’t sold any, near as I can tell, in weeks. Meantime, I’ve been building and gilding kit/zaw weapons with the parts I haven’t MR’d yet. The newest one, a pretty fast Kronsh hammer, showed some promise. But then I got Sigma & Octantis as a login reward, and was reminded how good weapons can be when they look like Orokin artifacts, and not some glorified prison shiv duct-taped together by a shopkeeper.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    edited April 2020

I'm an Oosik Irregular. That's the sig, that's the life. It's a lifetime sentence commitment.

Also, the Oosik Irregulars are now canon in the tabletop game. So it's grown beyond its origins.

But also, I haven't played MWO in at least a year. Or more. Warframe (and fatherhood) replaced it full time.

Nips on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

I’m newly resigned to doing this, as well. I need six more Familial bonds, and that cold-hearted miser Ticker knows it. So he hasn’t sold any, near as I can tell, in weeks. Meantime, I’ve been building and gilding kit/zaw weapons with the parts I haven’t MR’d yet. The newest one, a pretty fast Kronsh hammer, showed some promise. But then I got Sigma & Octantis as a login reward, and was reminded how good weapons can be when they look like Orokin artifacts, and not some glorified prison shiv duct-taped together by a shopkeeper.

I forget if you need to beat the first orb to do the 2nd one. But the toroids she drops are worth what, 12k each? You can run her like a half dozen times and get enough to max out your standing and then some

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I ... actually got to the last rank in the nightwave intermission? I wasn't even trying. And yes, by 'last' rank I mean prestige 60(?). I thought someone said it went up to 90 (Or was that 30 plus 60 ... OOOOOHHHH). Not that I mind because GlassMaker looks to COMPLETELY BE MY JAM. I mean, you have to search for clues and scour a 'murder scene' for clues to who done it. I'm mostly okay with spoilers for almost everything. But this time I will have to stay away from Youtube (and maybe Penny Arcade Forums) when the next nightwave starts.

Also, I've done each of the orb mothers ... once(?). *thinks about it* ... yeah, once. The profit taker just ... IDK ... I just dun wanna ... again. BilliardBall helped me the one and only time I 'beat' (and by beat I mean ran around and caused more harm than good getting downed every two minutes ... with a FRICKIN Trinity Prime) her for a nightwave challenge. Any boss that you have to take what is pretty much an optimal layout in order to solo/survive just makes me not want to bother with them. And yes, just because you think it's easy to do it in two minutes with x frame, y mods, and z arch-gun doesn't make it good. I do realize I should totally run them both ... but ... my brain does a HARD NOPE every time I think about the ADDs.

• Options

I'm an Oosik Irregular. That's the sig, that's the life. It's a lifetime sentence commitment.

Also, the Oosik Irregulars are now canon in the tabletop game. So it's grown beyond its origins.

But also, I haven't played MWO in at least a year. Or more. Warframe (and fatherhood) replaced it full time.

I was just giving you shit, Nips ;-)

I'm sad I never really got to play with you guys in MW:O because it was fun despite it's issues.

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I'd been planning on grinding some more Scarlet Spear currency this weekend, but I'm not feeling it. I have already maxed Energize, Guardian, Deflection, Nullify, Momentum, Velocity and Avenger and brought Fury and Precision to rank 3. Unless I'm missing something none of the remaining Arcanes on offer will actually see much use outside of very specific niches, so motivation is lacking, too.

Am I missing something that would be tremendously useful and worth an hour or two of investment?

Dakkareth on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    "I can totally sell of this Scourge because I haven't used it for years, even though it's effective."
    *Gets Scourge riven*
    "...(╯°-°)╯︵ ┻-┻"

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    "I can totally sell of this Scourge because I haven't used it for years, even though it's effective."
    *Gets Scourge riven*
    "...(╯°-°)╯︵ ┻-┻"

This happened to me with at least four weapons. Ones that I should’ve kept, because building them took resources that are a right pain to farm. But which I hated leveling because one stat sorely needed a buff beyond what regular mods can repair. The riven RNG has a sense of humor like the Marquis de Sade.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    That's why you keep everything.

Except the Bronco. Don't keep Broncos.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    That's why you keep everything.

Except the Bronco. Don't keep Broncos.

Everything that’s not easy to build again, that is. And that is not a Bronco, or worse, two Broncos.

• Options
    did I just spend 700 ducats and 500,000 credits on a roomba?

yes

but I'm not one of the scrubs who spent actual real life money on one V:

• Options
    did I just spend 700 ducats and 500,000 credits on a roomba?

yes

but I'm not one of the scrubs who spent actual real life money on one V:

Fuck else am I gonna spend plat on at this point?

This discussion has been closed.