[Warframe] Has spaceships and shit!

13738394143

Posts

  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Must rebuild my stock of ciphers because event ate them all.

    ciphers are for the weak

    Also the people who pug a spy sortie and then freeze from panic when they realize they can't use a cipher and send everyone back to their orbiter :P

    Hey, I've only done that... twice. :sad:

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    dipuc4life
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Must rebuild my stock of ciphers because event ate them all.

    ciphers are for the weak

    Also the people who pug a spy sortie and then freeze from panic when they realize they can't use a cipher and send everyone back to their orbiter :P

    Hey, I've only done that... twice. :sad:

    The first time I did it I sold all of my ciphers and made myself get good at the minigames out of sheer mortification :lol:

  • eelektrikeelektrik Registered User regular
    Woot, Nova Prime(and Trinity Prime) is coming back next week, I can actually get the last two parts I need without trading plat. Need to finish getting the Oberon and Nekros prime blueprints though this week. Missing one part of each.

    steam_sig.png
    Basil
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    (actually IIRC, we didn't fail, but I did have that brief moment of panic.)

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I didn't find out there was a consumable that let you bypass the minigame until I'd already been playing for over a year, and by then I was already an expert at it.

    DacRoyceSraphim
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Ciphers might not work in sorties but the parazon mod for 30 or 35% bypass does and it kicks ass.

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    NipsBobble
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    As I have mentioned many times in the past, I have a dream of one day forma'ing every warframe in the game to use a max ability strength build.

    This means my Loki has always been hilariously terrible. For those who don't know, Loki's Radial Disarm ability deals a small amount of damage to enemies who are already unarmed by default, mostly Infested, but also things like Ospreys and Rollers. This damage is the only thing modified by ability strength on an unaugmented Loki. With the proper build and under ideal conditions, you can increase this damage from 500 to a whopping 1990. That's almost 2K damage to only some enemies at best.

    And until the latest update, none of Loki's augments benefitted from ability strength either. But thanks to the new conclave mods being brought over to PvE, Loki finally has a new way to utilize ability strength.

    And it somehow makes him even worse than not having any mods at all.

    Deceptive Bond is an augment mod that, by default, causes Loki and his summoned Decoy to redirect 50% of the damage they take to each other. This makes it harder for enemies to focus fire down either Loki or the Decoy since their health pools are shared.

    At ability strength 200% or higher, however, Loki and his Decoy will redirect all the damage they receive to each other. Now, for those unfamiliar with the behavior of Loki's Decoy, its purpose, as the name implies, is to draw enemy fire. Meaning it mostly just stands there, out in the open, impotently firing its pretend gun and begging to be shot. This means that unless you cast your Decoy in a closet somewhere, enemies will shoot at it and they will hit it. With Deceptive Bond and the necessary amount of ability strength, the Decoy will take no damage from enemies attacking it directly, meaning more and more enemies will gather around it and unload their ammo reserves. As a result, your health will deplete faster and faster until you are inevitably downed. Congratulations, you just used 32 energy to commit suicide.

    But what about the other potential use case for this mod? You can't tank for the Decoy, but maybe the Decoy can tank for you? Let's say you do go to the trouble of casting your Decoy in a closet where enemies probably won't find it. How much damage can it soak up? Loki's decoy has 400 shields, 200 health, and no armor. These stats are unmodifiable. Compare that to Rhino's Iron Skin which, unmodified, gives Rhino 1200 extra health and doesn't come with the risk of a stray enemy sapping all your health away from the other side of the map. And since you're using the Transient Fortitude mod, you've only got 18 seconds after hiding your Decoy somewhere to take 600 damage worth of hits before the Decoy just disappears anyway, whether you took damage or not.

    And absolutely none of what I said in the above paragraph even matters, because Loki's Decoy already has an augment specifically designed for PvE that does this exact job much better. Savior Decoy sacrifices Loki's summoned Decoy if he takes fatal damage, meaning the Decoy can tank any amount of damage as long as Loki has enough energy to cast another one. The only reason anyone would ever even attempt to use Deceptive Bond over Savior Decoy is if they were desperate to somehow make high ability strength a viable build for every warframe.

    Now, it may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm actually pretty amused with how things turned out. If DE ever makes a mission where the objective is to mildly annoy some Chargers and then kill myself, I'll have the perfect frame for the job.

    I mean to be fair I don't think DE has even thought about Loki in years.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Commander ZoomIvan HungerHappylilElfBasil
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    As I have mentioned many times in the past, I have a dream of one day forma'ing every warframe in the game to use a max ability strength build.

    This means my Loki has always been hilariously terrible. For those who don't know, Loki's Radial Disarm ability deals a small amount of damage to enemies who are already unarmed by default, mostly Infested, but also things like Ospreys and Rollers. This damage is the only thing modified by ability strength on an unaugmented Loki. With the proper build and under ideal conditions, you can increase this damage from 500 to a whopping 1990. That's almost 2K damage to only some enemies at best.

    And until the latest update, none of Loki's augments benefitted from ability strength either. But thanks to the new conclave mods being brought over to PvE, Loki finally has a new way to utilize ability strength.

    And it somehow makes him even worse than not having any mods at all.

    Deceptive Bond is an augment mod that, by default, causes Loki and his summoned Decoy to redirect 50% of the damage they take to each other. This makes it harder for enemies to focus fire down either Loki or the Decoy since their health pools are shared.

    At ability strength 200% or higher, however, Loki and his Decoy will redirect all the damage they receive to each other. Now, for those unfamiliar with the behavior of Loki's Decoy, its purpose, as the name implies, is to draw enemy fire. Meaning it mostly just stands there, out in the open, impotently firing its pretend gun and begging to be shot. This means that unless you cast your Decoy in a closet somewhere, enemies will shoot at it and they will hit it. With Deceptive Bond and the necessary amount of ability strength, the Decoy will take no damage from enemies attacking it directly, meaning more and more enemies will gather around it and unload their ammo reserves. As a result, your health will deplete faster and faster until you are inevitably downed. Congratulations, you just used 32 energy to commit suicide.

    But what about the other potential use case for this mod? You can't tank for the Decoy, but maybe the Decoy can tank for you? Let's say you do go to the trouble of casting your Decoy in a closet where enemies probably won't find it. How much damage can it soak up? Loki's decoy has 400 shields, 200 health, and no armor. These stats are unmodifiable. Compare that to Rhino's Iron Skin which, unmodified, gives Rhino 1200 extra health and doesn't come with the risk of a stray enemy sapping all your health away from the other side of the map. And since you're using the Transient Fortitude mod, you've only got 18 seconds after hiding your Decoy somewhere to take 600 damage worth of hits before the Decoy just disappears anyway, whether you took damage or not.

    And absolutely none of what I said in the above paragraph even matters, because Loki's Decoy already has an augment specifically designed for PvE that does this exact job much better. Savior Decoy sacrifices Loki's summoned Decoy if he takes fatal damage, meaning the Decoy can tank any amount of damage as long as Loki has enough energy to cast another one. The only reason anyone would ever even attempt to use Deceptive Bond over Savior Decoy is if they were desperate to somehow make high ability strength a viable build for every warframe.

    Now, it may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm actually pretty amused with how things turned out. If DE ever makes a mission where the objective is to mildly annoy some Chargers and then kill myself, I'll have the perfect frame for the job.

    I mean to be fair I don't think DE has even thought about Loki in years.

    Who?

    sNIrGKO.png
    Bobble
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 20
    The downside of being invisible.

    Commander Zoom on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    dipuc4lifeBasil
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Loki probably does need a rework.

    I mean when the most common response to "How do you feel about Loki's abilities?" is "Wait, he has abilities other than invisibility?" it might be time to take a glance :P

  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Loki probably does need a rework.

    I mean when the most common response to "How do you feel about Loki's abilities?" is "Wait, he has abilities other than invisibility?" it might be time to take a glance :P

    I like his decoy->switch teleport combo. But otherwise his perma-invisibility+mobility is so good that you really shouln't build him for anything else.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Commander ZoomHappylilElfMoridin889Lucid_SeraphBasil
  • OrphaneOrphane A black light In the deep blue seaRegistered User regular
    i have some thoughts about Deadly Maneuvers but i need 2 more forma and to record a video

  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 20
    And Titania prime is cooking. Now I just need to find that elusive Axi T4 relic.

    Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    HappylilElfdipuc4lifeBobble
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Loki probably does need a rework.

    I mean when the most common response to "How do you feel about Loki's abilities?" is "Wait, he has abilities other than invisibility?" it might be time to take a glance :P

    I like his decoy->switch teleport combo. But otherwise his perma-invisibility+mobility is so good that you really shouln't build him for anything else.

    His 4 is great for fending off railjack boarding parties, but other than that and switch teleporting...yeah. I guess that means I use all his abilities at some point or another, but still. Always gets an eyeroll when I see him pop up for an Arbitration buff.

  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Loki probably does need a rework.

    I mean when the most common response to "How do you feel about Loki's abilities?" is "Wait, he has abilities other than invisibility?" it might be time to take a glance :P

    I like his decoy->switch teleport combo. But otherwise his perma-invisibility+mobility is so good that you really shouln't build him for anything else.

    His 4 is great for fending off railjack boarding parties, but other than that and switch teleporting...yeah. I guess that means I use all his abilities at some point or another, but still. Always gets an eyeroll when I see him pop up for an Arbitration buff.

    He's a good reviver in Arbitration, though he's IMHO not an ideal Arbitration frame.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • OrphaneOrphane A black light In the deep blue seaRegistered User regular
    irradiating disarm is still good and useful

    his invis is also both long lasting when properly modded and not a constant energy drain meaning if you are using zenurik you can just energizing dash and be gaining energy while invisible

    are his 1 and 3 sometimes janky and not always particularly useful? yeah but invis is so powerful that it more or less makes up for it

    Nips
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    at least until the latter's Prime came out, he was "an Ivara you don't have to grind like fuck for."

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    HappylilElfBasil
  • OrphaneOrphane A black light In the deep blue seaRegistered User regular
    unknown.png?width=1123&height=390
    unknown.png?width=237&height=328



    that's...a lotta damage

  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Prepare to get your riven disposition nerfed...

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    unknown.png?width=1123&height=390
    unknown.png?width=237&height=328



    that's...a lotta damage

    I'm not gonna show you what my Fragor Prime or Corinth Prime do :P

    Although I'm actually kind of annoyed by the changes to the Corinth with the prime version. I prefer the single shot air burst and the one round at a time reload. I even kinda like the auto detonation more ((though that's related to the reload change). Mostly though I feel like the change to the air burst and the reload is going to make more people want to use it and thus get the riven disposition destroyed.

    I think my only hope is the Kuva Bramma saving me from at least one round of adjustments.

  • OrphaneOrphane A black light In the deep blue seaRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    unknown.png?width=1123&height=390
    unknown.png?width=237&height=328



    that's...a lotta damage

    I'm not gonna show you what my Fragor Prime or Corinth Prime do :P

    Although I'm actually kind of annoyed by the changes to the Corinth with the prime version. I prefer the single shot air burst and the one round at a time reload. I even kinda like the auto detonation more ((though that's related to the reload change). Mostly though I feel like the change to the air burst and the reload is going to make more people want to use it and thus get the riven disposition destroyed.

    I think my only hope is the Kuva Bramma saving me from at least one round of adjustments.

    i have a corinth prime and corresponding riven

    i posted it last page!

  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 22
    Prepare to get your riven disposition nerfed...

    One thing I’ve never been sure of, since I don’t watch disposition changes closely. Does that downgrade the stats on any rivens you’ve already rolled? Or does it mean only that any re-rolls after the disposition change are going to suck in comparison to what you’ve got?

    Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    PSN: ZokuGojira
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    The stats on your riven mods change if they change the weapon's disposition, because the stats are driven by the weapon's disposition multiplier.

    A drop in disposition absolutely drops the riven's stats. It also explains why a riven with two weapons of differing disposition (e.g. normal vs prime) show different stats when equipped to the two weapons.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Fiendishrabbit
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I must be the only one here who loves the new Corinth because the extra damage and magazine capacity means I can pretend to be the Terminator 50% longer before reloading.

  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I must be the only one here who loves the new Corinth because the extra damage and magazine capacity means I can pretend to be the Terminator 50% longer before reloading.

    But the magazine is 300% larger?

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Exactly.

  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    Oh boy new Nyx augment. I can't wait to max range build and vacuum tons of enemies-

    Oh. Mods literally do fucking nothing to it.

    Great.

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Ivan Hunger
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I must be the only one here who loves the new Corinth because the extra damage and magazine capacity means I can pretend to be the Terminator 50% longer before reloading.

    I'm not a fan of the changes because it's only a larger magazine if you aren't primarily using the air burst. On top of which reloading every shot individually is way more handy in case someone shows up in your face unexpectedly. And finally the air burst being a manual detonation is annoying because I was a god damned surgeon with the auto-burst range and with the Prime version if the magazine runs out you literally can't detonate the air-burst.

    I don't hate the Corinth Prime but if the stats were the same? I'd probably have already sold the prime version to free up a weapon slot because I like everything about the mechanics of the regular Corinth better.

    dporowski
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 23
    You know, I think I might be done playing Disruption with public matchmaking. Especially as a Gift From the Lotus. The odds of getting even one other person who knows, or can be instructed using a mic, to watch for the Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight to appear, and focus fire on him, appear to be statistically insignificant.

    If I don’t LFG later, I might just change up my frame, go for something with abilities that can burst DPS the hell out of the target. But I’ll be trying it out in Solo, since I hate the idea of possibly scuppering someone else’s run in this overly long grind of a mission type by running a build that doesn’t work out.

    Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    PSN: ZokuGojira
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Primed fast hands worth it?

    Primed heavy trauma worth it?

  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Primed fast hands worth it?

    Primed heavy trauma worth it?

    Ehhh. They're fine for specific builds on a very small number of weapons.

    If you can grab them without feeling the pinch go for it, but if you're waiting for the good primed mods/cosmetics/weapons Baro brings and would rather save the Ducats I wouldn't bother.

    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro / PSN: DocDaft
    Nips
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    Eh, I have 900 ducats and a fuckton of lilth from the last event. I'm good.

    Also, stealth rhino to unlock a riven is all kinds of fun.

    edit:
    Fuck that, its for a sonicor which I do not have...and is outside my mastery rank. Should really work on that actually.

    RoyceSraphim on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Primed Heavy Trauma used to be good for raw damage hammer-builds. Now...now I'm not sure the extra impact damage outweighs the "I splat enemies into the dirt with my viral crit-murderhammer".

    Primed Fast hands is good because if you want a faster reload no other mod will do what Primed Fast Hands does. I use mine on Kuva Chakkhurr, Latrons and a few other guns which have reload times of 2-ish (or more) seconds and where the magazine is sufficiently small that you'll probably have to reload in a fight.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    The sonicor is not as good as it used to be ever since they introduced self-stagger. The weapon never dealt any self-damage even when firing point-blank at a wall before. So why does it all of a sudden adopt self-stagger when the change was supposed to be aimed at reducing/changing self-damage is beyond me. To me, it seemed like they applied a pretty broad brush to fix a minor problem in very specific circumstances. It didn't even seem like that many people were complaining about self-damage. And if you were already aware of self-damage, but somehow didn't have the common sense to not fire at your own feet (and or wall) then you are the problem. But I guess that will teach us about not asking for a fix to a problem that we can avoid (if we play with any sort of awareness)

    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    Fiendishrabbit
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    the sonicor died for me as soon as they got rid of Tenno Space Program

    Commander ZoomcB557Moridin889Basil
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    The sonicor is not as good as it used to be ever since they introduced self-stagger. The weapon never dealt any self-damage even when firing point-blank at a wall before. So why does it all of a sudden adopt self-stagger when the change was supposed to be aimed at reducing/changing self-damage is beyond me. To me, it seemed like they applied a pretty broad brush to fix a minor problem in very specific circumstances. It didn't even seem like that many people were complaining about self-damage. And if you were already aware of self-damage, but somehow didn't have the common sense to not fire at your own feet (and or wall) then you are the problem. But I guess that will teach us about not asking for a fix to a problem that we can avoid (if we play with any sort of awareness)

    The Staticor also had stagger added to it. Staticor had a sweet spot between Patch 24 when they removed self-damage and the self-damage rework where it now staggers you in a ridiculous radius that's far larger than the radius where it deals effective damage.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • OrphaneOrphane A black light In the deep blue seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 23
    i use Corinth Prime as point and click and only bother airbursting if i can hit 5+ targets or am just fucking around

    a 20 mag shotgun is pretty good

    Orphane on
    Commander ZoommanwiththemachinegunMoridin889
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Going back and trying Railjack solo again, I still found it easier to just park my fancy Orokin relic and complete the mission with my Archwing. But at least I’m capable of completing missions on my own when I don’t feel like taking on (or joining) a crew. Good for when my goals are set no higher than collecting a few more materials to finish repairing a component I salvaged.

    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    PSN: ZokuGojira
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Just spoke with a friend who dissolves rivens instead of unlocking them. It hurt me, inside. If anybody here has rivens they don't want to unlock, let me buy them or trade for them, for the sake of my peace of mind.

  • eelektrikeelektrik Registered User regular
    Since coming back to Warframe a few weeks ago, I have managed to make many Warframes and ran out of room. Had to buy a few slots for the ones I had building. But I have managed to make Rhino Prime, Mag Prime, Chroma Prime, Ivara Prime, Wukong Prime, Atlas Prime, Nekros Prime, and have Mesa Prime and Oberon Prime building right now. Does anyone bother keeping non-primes when they get the prime version of something? Other than leveling them to 30 for the mastery I don't think I have any use for the regular models. Sold off my Ash and Oberon, and next to go will be Nova when I replace her with Nova Prime.

    steam_sig.png
    dipuc4life
Sign In or Register to comment.