As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Just spoke with a friend who dissolves rivens instead of unlocking them. It hurt me, inside. If anybody here has rivens they don't want to unlock, let me buy them or trade for them, for the sake of my peace of mind.

I do that with rivens that have a totally bullshit unlock goal but that's very few and far between.

• Options
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Since coming back to Warframe a few weeks ago, I have managed to make many Warframes and ran out of room. Had to buy a few slots for the ones I had building. But I have managed to make Rhino Prime, Mag Prime, Chroma Prime, Ivara Prime, Wukong Prime, Atlas Prime, Nekros Prime, and have Mesa Prime and Oberon Prime building right now. Does anyone bother keeping non-primes when they get the prime version of something? Other than leveling them to 30 for the mastery I don't think I have any use for the regular models. Sold off my Ash and Oberon, and next to go will be Nova when I replace her with Nova Prime.

I kept regular Excalibur and regular Titania for sentimental reasons but otherwise no there's not really a reason to keep a regular frame once you have it's prime version.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Since coming back to Warframe a few weeks ago, I have managed to make many Warframes and ran out of room. Had to buy a few slots for the ones I had building. But I have managed to make Rhino Prime, Mag Prime, Chroma Prime, Ivara Prime, Wukong Prime, Atlas Prime, Nekros Prime, and have Mesa Prime and Oberon Prime building right now. Does anyone bother keeping non-primes when they get the prime version of something? Other than leveling them to 30 for the mastery I don't think I have any use for the regular models. Sold off my Ash and Oberon, and next to go will be Nova when I replace her with Nova Prime.

Not for Warframes, if I’ve already leveled them for MR, as the Prime has always been a straight upgrade. But once I finish collecting Corinth Prime, I’ll still keep the regular one, as I hear it’s currently better in some ways.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    For frames? Not really. There are a couple that have different particle effects, but for the most part, you can just equip the normal skin if you want

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

I keep everything.

Except the Bronco. Don't keep Broncos.

(Okay technically I also don't keep anything available for credits in the market. No point.)

• Options

Not for Warframes, if I’ve already leveled them for MR, as the Prime has always been a straight upgrade. But once I finish collecting Corinth Prime, I’ll still keep the regular one, as I hear it’s currently better in some ways.

I wouldn't say the regular Corinth is necessarily better but since they changed the mechanics of it (magazine loading versus single load and the airburst grenade is a manual detonate with middle mouse on the prime) so yeah there is a reason to keep it around if you're used to how the regular Corinth works and prefer it.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    This weeks/seasons nightwave seems to be pushing Railjack quest pretty hard. I was planning on taking my RailJack for a spin since the changes anyway so this gives me some incentive. So far they have you destroying a crewship with the forward artillery, stealing/taking over a crewship, clearing a boarding party without taking damage, and completing 8 RJ missions (or the same mission 8 times yay). Looking through the list they will have us doing other things in RJs as well.

I am taking it very slowly with RJ as it's not an immediate goal for me. It's probably going to take me a long time to get to the veil and/or have a top-class RJ. In small doses it's not bad. Right now a higher priority is Titania Prime and very soon Nova Prime. I'm slowly working my way through building the prime weapons but not trying super hard to get the parts. Also, like most sane people, I sell the regular Warframe once I get the prime version. But unlike sane people I don't take the prime version out of the oven until I have the base version first.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    This weeks/seasons nightwave seems to be pushing Railjack quest pretty hard. I was planning on taking my RailJack for a spin since the changes anyway so this gives me some incentive. So far they have you destroying a crewship with the forward artillery, stealing/taking over a crewship, clearing a boarding party without taking damage, and completing 8 RJ missions (or the same mission 8 times yay). Looking through the list they will have us doing other things in RJs as well.

I'm surprised they're using Nightwave to push Railjack. In the past, they've generally kept Nightwave separate from divisive alternate game modes like Archwing and Conclave. I had assumed they would keep Railjack out of it for the same reasons.

• Options
    dipuc4life wrote: »

I'm surprised they're using Nightwave to push Railjack. In the past, they've generally kept Nightwave separate from divisive alternate game modes like Archwing and Conclave. I had assumed they would keep Railjack out of it for the same reasons.

Eh, anyone can join a railjack mission from the navigation map at any point and with it being a goal for Nightwave people are running it. Conclave is (and kinda always has been) it's own thing to the point where I wouldn't really consider it synonymous with railjack at all and I think they didn't push Archwing because vast majority of the player-base viewed even having to do a single Archwing mission as a chore.

• Options
    I think they didn't push Archwing because vast majority of the player-base viewed even having to do a single Archwing mission as a chore.

I don't see how that's different from Railjack.

• Options
    I think they didn't push Archwing because vast majority of the player-base viewed even having to do a single Archwing mission as a chore.

I don't see how that's different from Railjack.

Railjack is a fun mode to play with friends and wonkilly flying through corridors like a half-assed run on the second Death Star isn't?

• Options
    I'm curious about how many people use silenced ranged weapons all the time versus only using them in spy missions. Please let me know your policy on this issue in the poll below.

strawpoll.me/20170273

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I'm curious about how many people use silenced ranged weapons all the time versus only using them in spy missions. Please let me know your policy on this issue in the poll below.

strawpoll.me/20170273

I don't think you can silence Mesa's Regulators soooo....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

strawpoll.me/20170273

"I just shoot the cameras with my regular guns, and then the guards when they hear it LOL"

Yeah, stealthy weapons are basically meaningless. Either your frame is stealthed and none of the mobs can figure it out, or you're murdering everything within a quarter-mile of you every four seconds.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I never use stealth mods. If I want to stealth-stuff I use Loki. Then my frame and my gun is stealthy and I can get on with my business without anyone shooting back, ever. Good for missions where you want to search for objects (sabotage cache runs), spy missions, "take no damage". Good stuff.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Just spoke with a friend who dissolves rivens instead of unlocking them. It hurt me, inside. If anybody here has rivens they don't want to unlock, let me buy them or trade for them, for the sake of my peace of mind.

oh my god

Tell your stupid friend to give them to me, I'll happily sell them for plat, what the fuck

Even pistol rivens are an easy 20 plat a pop, like, damn.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Right now I have a pistol riven that requires me to scan a sanctuary target without taking damage, using abilities, or using traps, with a hobbled dragon key equipped. I really should just dissolve the thing.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Right now I have a pistol riven that requires me to scan a sanctuary target without taking damage, using abilities, or using traps, with a hobbled dragon key equipped. I really should just dissolve the thing.

They may have "fixed" this loophole, but for whatever reason Rhino's Ironskin won't trigger the ability clause of that Riven, which then lets you easily avoid damage. At which point it's just a matter of patiently chasing the target around in circles.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    IIRC it doesn't track ability use until you find the target, but it could be I am mistaken.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    metaghost wrote: »

They may have "fixed" this loophole, but for whatever reason Rhino's Ironskin won't trigger the ability clause of that Riven, which then lets you easily avoid damage. At which point it's just a matter of patiently chasing the target around in circles.

No ability will trigger the ability clause....if you use it at the very start of the mission before Simaris mentions the target. Once the Simaris sequence has been played you're no longer allowed to use abilities.

P.S: In practice that means Rhino since they "fixed" the Limbo rift scan thing.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    IIRC it doesn't track ability use until you find the target, but it could be I am mistaken.

It may be more that the clause is concerned about using things like Sleep Arrows on the target, and thus doesn't care about self-buffs?

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    I use Ivara. The target stays still as long as you keep cloaked.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

strawpoll.me/20170273

I use ivara often, and silence everything when I do, otherwise I don't use the mods

In the past I used rhino, iron skin at the start doesn't trigger it, as everyone has said, but now I, like nought, use ivara. The target just standing around makes it so much easier and I am fundamentally lazy.

oh my god

Tell your stupid friend to give them to me, I'll happily sell them for plat, what the fuck

I would never sell a riven, or anything really. I'd love to get peoples locked rivens so I could unlock them myself.

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

strawpoll.me/20170273

I use ivara often, and silence everything when I do, otherwise I don't use the mods

In the past I used rhino, iron skin at the start doesn't trigger it, as everyone has said, but now I, like nought, use ivara. The target just standing around makes it so much easier and I am fundamentally lazy.

oh my god

I would never sell a riven, or anything really. I'd love to get peoples locked rivens so I could unlock them myself.

then you can pay me market price for my locked ones :V

(seriously if you want first dibs, they're yours, just poke me when you see me. But I do ask market price platinum wise, because they're my main source of income in this game)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

strawpoll.me/20170273

oh my god

then you can pay me market price for my locked ones :V

(seriously if you want first dibs, they're yours, just poke me when you see me. But I do ask market price platinum wise, because they're my main source of income in this game)

I'll do that for sure, and I'll pay anything you or anyone thinks is reasonable, I don't keep track of the market but would not want anyone cheated out of what they could otherwise get.
    It just feels better to stay in the family so to speak

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    I actually refrain from putting stealth mods on anything unless Ivara is using it once I realized that silenced weapons were actually a huge detriment to a large number of mission types.

• Options
    I just looked up the drop table for the one Nova Prime part that I still need. Looks like the best bet is doing open-world bounties. Oh, good. Faaaantastic.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I just looked up the drop table for the one Nova Prime part that I still need. Looks like the best bet is doing open-world bounties. Oh, good. Faaaantastic.

For rare/hard to acquire prime bits, I would suggest consulting Warframe Market. Or asking here, for that matter. What's the bit you need?

• Options

For rare/hard to acquire prime bits, I would suggest consulting Warframe Market. Or asking here, for that matter. What's the bit you need?

Systems is the only one that eluded me last time Nova P was out of the vault.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Systems is the only one that eluded me last time Nova P was out of the vault.

I've got one I can break from a set, if no one else can come up with a random singleton.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    If there is a prime part I need I usually run Void defense missions of appropriate tier to get a bunch of relics. Inevitably get plenty I don't need, but I'll run void fissure missions for those in hopes that someone else is opening the one I actually need.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i dissolved a couple of rivens about 2 months ago (i havent played much lately), but i asked around first if anyone wanted em. got no response.
    i do wish there were an easy way to sell em off. like an auction house or something.

i play(ed) ivara a lot so whatever weapon she had i would throw a silencer on (if i was levelling it) otherwise i used the baza prime cuz i like that gun

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    SteveRage wrote: »
    i dissolved a couple of rivens about 2 months ago (i havent played much lately), but i asked around first if anyone wanted em. got no response.
    i do wish there were an easy way to sell em off. like an auction house or something.

i play(ed) ivara a lot so whatever weapon she had i would throw a silencer on (if i was levelling it) otherwise i used the baza prime cuz i like that gun

Warframe.market has an auctionhouse for rivens. Not a great one, but it's there. Most of the time though unless it's for one of the "good weapons" you're out of luck.

• Options
    A transcript of my Master Rank 14 Test experience:
    Lotus: Tenno, this will be your hardest test yet.

Me: Shit.

Lotus: You must kill 45 level 20 dudes.

Me: How much time do I have?

Lotus: As much as you need. This test shall not be timed, Tenno.

Me: So what's the catch then?

Lotus: The enemies will not drop loot of any kind, Tenno. In this test, you must conserve your resources…

Me: I am a holding a gun with a magazine size larger than 45, and each bullet can easily turn a level 20 jobber into a pile of paste. I don't need to conserve shit. What is the actual catch.

Lotus: I don't know what you mean, Tenno.

Me: Like hell you don't. Last test you had me headshotting dudes while standing on the donut blocks from Super Mario Brothers. Do you have any idea how hard it is for a Warframe player to learn how to aim? So what stupid bullshit condition do I have to fulfill this time? Do I need to kill them while riding a unicycle? Or perhaps my melee weapon has been replaced with a banana?

Lotus: Look, fucko, you weren't supposed to wait until you were a thousand hours into the game before attempting the Mastery Rank 14 test. Most people have, like, one forma'd weapon at this point in their progress, not an entire arsenal strapped to their backs. So just kill the…

Me: I finished killing those guys while you were talking. Just let me use my fancy sniper rifle already.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I find the mastery rank tests to be a mixed bag of too easy, or 'haha you brought the wrong loadout, try again tomorrow'. I mean, I could look up what they are before I do them, but the first time I tried MR13 test I was like WTF with the layout of the platforms. So the next day? I just brought Zephyr with a Cyanex and it was a cakewalk. Probably didn't even need all those air-glide mods I had.

Also I am surprised more people don't use the Cyanex. I fucking love that pistol. Aiming? Who needs that?

(She/Her)
  • Options
    A transcript of my Master Rank 14 Test experience:
    Lotus: Tenno, this will be your hardest test yet.

Me: Shit.

Lotus: You must kill 45 level 20 dudes.

Me: How much time do I have?

Lotus: As much as you need. This test shall not be timed, Tenno.

Me: So what's the catch then?

Lotus: The enemies will not drop loot of any kind, Tenno. In this test, you must conserve your resources…

Me: I am a holding a gun with a magazine size larger than 45, and each bullet can easily turn a level 20 jobber into a pile of paste. I don't need to conserve shit. What is the actual catch.

Lotus: I don't know what you mean, Tenno.

Me: Like hell you don't. Last test you had me headshotting dudes while standing on the donut blocks from Super Mario Brothers. Do you have any idea how hard it is for a Warframe player to learn how to aim? So what stupid bullshit condition do I have to fulfill this time? Do I need to kill them while riding a unicycle? Or perhaps my melee weapon has been replaced with a banana?

Lotus: Look, fucko, you weren't supposed to wait until you were a thousand hours into the game before attempting the Mastery Rank 14 test. Most people have, like, one forma'd weapon at this point in their progress, not an entire arsenal strapped to their backs. So just kill the…

Me: I finished killing those guys while you were talking. Just let me use my fancy sniper rifle already.

Ok, well now I just want this conversation to be actually recorded by Rebecca :lol:

• Options
    In unrelated news, I have built a zaw so slow that when I swing it, it looks like I'm dodging bullets in the matrix.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    In unrelated news, I have built a zaw so slow that when I swing it, it looks like I'm dodging bullets in the matrix.

I can't remember the weapon, but a year or so ago I saw a youtube video where the guy had stacked so many ÷reload speed that the reload time was over a minut.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I find the mastery rank tests to be a mixed bag of too easy, or 'haha you brought the wrong loadout, try again tomorrow'. I mean, I could look up what they are before I do them, but the first time I tried MR13 test I was like WTF with the layout of the platforms. So the next day? I just brought Zephyr with a Cyanex and it was a cakewalk. Probably didn't even need all those air-glide mods I had.

Also I am surprised more people don't use the Cyanex. I fucking love that pistol. Aiming? Who needs that?

I mean, you can always practice your next test at Cephalon Simaris' room in a relay.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Nah it'd be pretty hard to hit MR14 without having a few things you've slapped a tater on. That test just ain't tuned right.

cB557 on
This discussion has been closed.