As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Me: “I’ll just log in and run some Nightwave.”
    DE: “We’re secretly replacing Zoku’s plans for the evening with soul-crushing amounts of Railjack. Let’s see what happens.”
    Warframe: “Have a 24h Affinity Booster! 23h 59m 59s, 23h 59m 58s...”
    Ordis: “Well, that was awfully nice of them, wasn’t it, Operator? Operator? What’s wrong, Operator?”

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Is there a better node than Gian Point to farm trachons? I park my ship at the zone edge and kill all the stuff in my archwing, it's a slow grind though.

There is no better. However, you should get a crew and get stuck in since ramsleds are the no.1 trachon dropper.

I still get the ramsleds, they launch from the crewships that I leave disabled, and then from the installations on the nodes that have them. Still need to upgrade my ship significantly

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Is there a better node than Gian Point to farm trachons? I park my ship at the zone edge and kill all the stuff in my archwing, it's a slow grind though.

There is no better. However, you should get a crew and get stuck in since ramsleds are the no.1 trachon dropper.

My ship is very nice, so, let me know what approximate times EST you are on, and, hell, you can drive my ship and I might take a nap or something, idefk.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    edited June 2020

My ship is very nice, so, let me know what approximate times EST you are on, and, hell, you can drive my ship and I might take a nap or something, idefk.

My ship can do it effectively, I just solo most of the time AND prefer flying an archwing. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a faster node or method for doing it solo, which without the one intrinsic that allows remote repair, can be a pain if you enjoy killing stuff with the archwings.

I'm mostly on around 4 or 5 pdt, but I'm doing stuff for work at the same time so I go afk every few minutes, makes me feel like a douchenozel doing that while grouped.

EDIT:: While trying to kill two birds with one velocitus, I started farming flexa instead of Gian point to get the pennant and quellor blueprints. I'm getting significantly more trachons in flexa, though the quellor eludes me still.

kralizecc on
  • Options
    SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    After finally getting around to doing the Orb Mother fights I've been playing Hildryn quite a bit, and I've taken a liking to her.

It seems strange to me that she appears to be one of the rarer frames. I can't remember the last time I saw one in a mission.

Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Squigie wrote: »
    After finally getting around to doing the Orb Mother fights I've been playing Hildryn quite a bit, and I've taken a liking to her.

It seems strange to me that she appears to be one of the rarer frames. I can't remember the last time I saw one in a mission.

I use her a decent amount but my playstyle with her is borderline criminal.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

I just use her as a slightly more braindead version of Gara.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I mostly just use her 2 to refill her shields and that's it. Sometimes I'll turn her 4 on to do some quick CC if things get a little tough, but that's it.

I mostly don't like using active abilities in games, I just want a bunch of passives and to shoot mans.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I use her for any energy reduction mission and an assortment of others as well, she's just really fun to play. If you don't run it already, she is really boosted by using a Raksa kubrow with the Protect mod since it keeps your shields maxed with her 3 and 4 running and spamming your exalted hand cannon. The bonus about the hand cannon is it is basically an exalted version of the pre-nerf Staticor in that it has a large blast radius that doesn't stagger you if you fire too close to yourself.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I mostly just use her 2 to refill her shields and that's it. Sometimes I'll turn her 4 on to do some quick CC if things get a little tough, but that's it.

I mostly don't like using active abilities in games, I just want a bunch of passives and to shoot mans.

I'm still a bit salty about how Ember's 4 was made considerably less toggle-and-forget. I know it was probably too uber, but... *whiiiiine*

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

She has a useful kit but yeah for me she just makes things float. I don't know that I've even used any of her abilities other than her 4 and occasionally her 1 if I need to pop a nullifier bubble.

• Options

She has a useful kit but yeah for me she just makes things float. I don't know that I've even used any of her abilities other than her 4 and occasionally her 1 if I need to pop a nullifier bubble.

2. You used her 2. Please tell me you used her 2.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    2 + 3 + Strength = "We all have 4k shields, they have no armor or shields, okay go kill some shit k"

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

I'm still a bit salty about how Ember's 4 was made considerably less toggle-and-forget. I know it was probably too uber, but... *whiiiiine*

Honestly the fact that Equinox's Maim still exists as-is but Ember's 4 got reworked is baffling to me.

Granted Equinox takes considerably longer to grind for, but still.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

Honestly the fact that Equinox's Maim still exists as-is but Ember's 4 got reworked is baffling to me.

Granted Equinox takes considerably longer to grind for, but still.

Well, it used to. Now we've got Equi Prime, and *shrug*

20XX: DE is Bad at Math.

• Options

2. You used her 2. Please tell me you used her 2.

She has a 2? (this is why I'm a criminal)

I have her spec'd for range. And then more range. And then some range on top of that. I've literally had pubbies say they felt guilty about murdering all of the enemies that were helplessly floating which incidentally was all of the enemies.

But I can see how stripping all of the enemy shields and boosting all of my squad-mate's shields would be super useful in any circumstance where every enemy that spawns isn't just target practice :P

• Options
    The 2 is insane survivability, strips armor, and removes all debuffs from you and your squad. The 3 staggers when it first hits an enemy. She's not quite Trinity levels of unkillable, but... She's real close.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Hey, if anybody on the Switch that is making any relic gathering runs (Mostly Axi and Neo) Please let me know the time and date. I need to get some Axi S7s (I've been running random Axis but not one S7 COMMON systems has dropped in over 15 runs ... come on RNGesus) and some Neo N12s so that I can build Nova Prime. Also, as a lesser ask, if you have an extra Nova Prime chassis that you can trade I would be willing to pay a fair price. PM Me.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    The 2 is insane survivability, strips armor, and removes all debuffs from you and your squad. The 3 staggers when it first hits an enemy. She's not quite Trinity levels of unkillable, but... She's real close.

My build has 4545 shields, a Raksa kubrow with Link Shields and a maxed out Arcane Barrier+Arcane Resistance

I haven't done real testing on it but I suspect she comes very very close to unkillable for me :P

• Options
    But now imagine always having that many shields! No more procs, either.

You were at least using 3, right? To share the shield gating?

• Options
    But now imagine always having that many shields! No more procs, either.

You were at least using 3, right? To share the shield gating?

Nope because I use her for mobile defense and hijack missions. In both cases making everything that gets in range float means none of my teammates need shield gating. Literally everything is a stationary target :P

• Options
    I have a sad now. :(

Also I thought they fell down eventually anyway. Just my build?

• Options
    edited July 2020

The float field only fails when she runs out of shields. The Raksa kubrow means she doesn't run out of shields unless I'm being shot and the maxed Arcane Barrier means that she doesn't run out of shields while being shot (unless she's being hit by enemies that hit like a hammer).

If I mained her I would definitely use her 2 and 3 but she's a utility frame to me kinda like how Frost gets used for defense missions and virtually nothing else or how Loki does spy missions and then gets put back in the corner. She's amazing at the jobs I use her for but "Not Titania" for all of the jobs I use Titania for because Death Pixie is the best*.

*provided you're insane like me and maintain an inventory of 400+ large squad energy restores

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Speaking of her being just as good as Titania if not better, I noticed that Hildryn's 4 lets her hover over the Jackal's attacks.

Is there any word on how Razorback missions will work? The Jackal's new arena doesn't have the necessary parts. Will it just use the old tileset or something?

• Options

The float field only fails when she runs out of shields. The Raksa kubrow means she doesn't run out of shields unless I'm being shot and the maxed Arcane Barrier means that she doesn't run out of shields while being shot (unless she's being hit by enemies that hit like a hammer).

If I mained her I would definitely use her 2 and 3 but she's a utility frame to me kinda like how frist gets used for defense missions and virtually nothing else or how Loki does spy missions and then gets put back in the corner. She's amazing at the jobs I use her for but "Not Titania" for all of the jobs I use Titania for because Death Pixie is the best*.

*provided you're insane like me and maintain an inventory of 400+ large squad energy restores

400 is chump change, from where I'm at, you're ultrasane.

• Options
    SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    Speaking of her being just as good as Titania if not better, I noticed that Hildryn's 4 lets her hover over the Jackal's attacks.

Is there any word on how Razorback missions will work? The Jackal's new arena doesn't have the necessary parts. Will it just use the old tileset or something?

They've said the Razorback has a new arena. We just have to wait to see it.

Look's like I have to experiment more with Hildryn's 4. I've seldom used it so far, usually just for some quick CC.

In other news, I have achieved Mastery Rank 28. Look on my works, ye Tenno, and despair!

Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • Options

If I mained her I would definitely use her 2 and 3 but she's a utility frame to me kinda like how frist gets used for defense missions and virtually nothing else or how Loki does spy missions and then gets put back in the corner. She's amazing at the jobs I use her for but "Not Titania" for all of the jobs I use Titania for because Death Pixie is the best*.

I don't run maps with polymer bundles enough or it would be far worse. Lets put it this way: I flipped my syndicates for specters and won't be switching back until I have 5k of the ones I want a stockpile of :P

• Options

I don't run maps with polymer bundles enough or it would be far worse. Lets put it this way: I flipped my syndicates for specters and won't be switching back until I have 5k of the ones I want a stockpile of :P

I put all my extractors on Bundle planets. It's... Helping? This is what I get for living on Akkad so long; 1.5mill spores, like 12 polymer bundles.

• Options

I put all my extractors on Bundle planets. It's... Helping? This is what I get for living on Akkad so long; 1.5mill spores, like 12 polymer bundles.

I used to be in the same situation, but I'm spore pore now, for years I've tried to keep my large energy restore supply above 20k, and it's been occasionally difficult. Finding the x100 blueprints a couple weeks ago was both a game changing blessing, and a massive hit to my sense of wasted investment.

• Options
    @Lucid_Seraph , volt still works, though maybe not quite so effective as before. I was previously getting about 200 kills per cast, now it's about 60-ish. It's important to do it solo though, the party not being in a single spot will split all the mobs, making it slow and painful.

You can trade the parts I believe, though I only have chassis and neuroptics

• Options

I've been doing that since I first ran out. It helps but it doesn't quite keep up.

Then again I could probably just drop two squad large energy restores and wait rather than dropping four so that it's only one additional tick to get death pixie to full :P

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    The new frame is cool and all, but their abilities are pretty lackluster. This is on console though, so there may be buffs coming?

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    The new frame is cool and all, but their abilities are pretty lackluster. This is on console though, so there may be buffs coming?

I levelled it and put it in storage so I'm sure there's some cool synergies or situations it would be good in but it just didn't grab me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    After playing her a bit it felt like Protea is moderately useful for relatively low level content if you play her very actively and with a lot of energy regen and no her dispensary isn't going to cut it.

Which is, um, not exactly a glowing review I guess.

I think I can get her to decent with enough forma but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

I kinda wish they'd have gone all in on her defensive options because then she may have ended up at least equal to frames like Frost and Vauban but at this point to me just she doesn't offer anything that a dozen other frames don't already do a lot better.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Having played her through two forma, she's very good. Yes, she's energy hungry, but most caster frames are. With her Dispensary and some combination of pizzas or Arcane Energize, she more than covers herself.

And I think it's a little unfair to say "she doesn't offer anything that a dozen other frames don't already do". The roster at this point is huge, and you can say that about almost literally any frame. Frost is pretty one-note (and I say that having main-ed him forever) and Vauban is still a squishy joke (having played him for many tens of hours as an early fave).

At full tilt for me, she's been a Mesa-like that doesn't require me to actually aim a reticle at things to make them dead. Pop a pizza to start, drop a Dispensary, and then drop Turrets that automagically murder everything without me having to pay attention. Sprinkle in her 1 for Defense (in two different modes!) and rarely her 4 as an oh-shit button.

She absolutely went from Meh to Amazing for me after her buffs in that recent patch.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Having played her through two forma, she's very good. Yes, she's energy hungry, but most caster frames are. With her Dispensary and some combination of pizzas or Arcane Energize, she more than covers herself.

And I think it's a little unfair to say "she doesn't offer anything that a dozen other frames don't already do". The roster at this point is huge, and you can say that about almost literally any frame. Frost is pretty one-note (and I say that having main-ed him forever) and Vauban is still a squishy joke (having played him for many tens of hours as an early fave).

At full tilt for me, she's been a Mesa-like that doesn't require me to actually aim a reticle at things to make them dead. Pop a pizza to start, drop a Dispensary, and then drop Turrets that automagically murder everything without me having to pay attention. Sprinkle in her 1 for Defense (in two different modes!) and rarely her 4 as an oh-shit button.

She absolutely went from Meh to Amazing for me after her buffs in that recent patch.

Actually, you probably want to 4, blow energy on DPS, empty magazine, then rewind. Then do it again, as when you rewind all your resources come back like you never spent them.

• Options

Actually, you probably want to 4, blow energy on DPS, empty magazine, then rewind. Then do it again, as when you rewind all your resources come back like you never spent them.

So far I've had very mixed success with that strat, probably in part that I've been running a build that tanks Efficiency with no Primed Flow in the build; I routinely come back after the 4 expires to not having enough energy to bother doing anything.

That said, I'm still playing around with builds, and I recognize that tanking Efficiency might not be great.

• Options
    Not that I've built her yet, but my suspicion is that duration/efficiency/str would be a way to go; duration increases turret duration and thus turret damage, efficiency/str for the obvious reasons. Though you may be able to skip str (but not tank it) if you get good at the 3x cast meter dance to get it to proc onto your turrets. (Or grenades for lower level.)

If you drop a dispenser before you 4, you should come back to energy waiting for you I think, letting you repeat the cycle. Would have to try it.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    You definitely don't want to tank range, as that directly impacts the efficacy of your 1 and 2 pretty significantly. Which then leads you down the road where you're using very few to no Corrupted mods.

The only concensus after looking through builds I've seen is Duration is #1 most important, and then after that it's kind of a bit of whatever your taste is.

My taste is for the turrets to be able to snipe from orbit, so Range++.

Good point on the 4+Dispenser interaction. I need to keep an eye out to see how well that's actually working.

Nips on
  • Options
    Yeah, range neutral or plus, duration++, efficiency I'd say at least 30%, depending on your mods you may be able to stick Fleeting in and not lose too much on duration. If you can get her 4 down to like 50, that's easily sustainable. Really torn on +str, but I almost feel like you can skip it.

I'd probably go neutral range, letting me use Narrow Minded + Stretch, then with Primed Continuity/Constitution I can probably afford Fleeting Expertise, then Streamline... Guess I know what I'm messing with tonight.

Ideally, you want to be able to 3, 4, 2 till empty I think, burn your ammo, then rewind for kaboom. Does rewind kill your dropped turrets?

This discussion has been closed.