As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

1939495969799»

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    Sounds like the quest is alright, but void storms themselves are insanely unrewarding for the time investment compared to things like fissure capture - or even survival.

I like them more, to be honest. Having the reactants shared across the party is just so much nicer than having each player go searching for every dropped one, or players completing the mission before enough reactant drops/every player has collected enough. Plus they're quick! Pop in, do the railjack stuff, board the ship and complete that objective. Easy peasy

That was my impression when I jumped into one, not really knowing what to expect. I'll see if that holds up. For now, I find them less annoying than the shipboard interactions I had on vanilla versions of the same nodes.

And you're telling me I have to, what? Keep moving? In Warframe? Sorry, Lotus, I couldn't quite hear what you were saying with the wind rushing past. Ya wanna just text me whatever you were saying?

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Finished the Call of the Tempestarii quest. I enjoyed it but I have no idea what to make of the end.
    We "recover" a warframe's "body"? Do we even know what happens to an operator whose warframe "dies?" Obviously napping on the moon can keep one alive for a very long time but stories about warframes meeting their end that we learn about during quests makes it seem like a pretty big deal

Warframe story spoilers
    The only operator that we know has canonically died is Rell, and thats from outliving his body while Transferred into Harrow. Destroyed Warframes in general, don't seem to have much of an effect on the operator.

In Sevagoth's case, my read was that either, because he was trapped in the Void, the operator couldn't transferred out and their "essence" or whatever was eroded over time, only barely hanging on OR the Warframe itself was dying from Void exposure and was essentially unusable after we recovered it, so we buried it "at sea" in honour of it's service.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    In case you were wondering whether it's possible to complete Call of the Tempestarii with a zero effort railjack that has had no time or resources invested in it, yes it is.

But I think that's only because the missions seem to be coded to not send raiders into your ship like normal railjack missions do. This means that having a high level engineer on your crew makes you unkillable.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    In case you were wondering whether it's possible to complete Call of the Tempestarii with a zero effort railjack that has had no time or resources invested in it, yes it is.

But I think that's only because the missions seem to be coded to not send raiders into your ship like normal railjack missions do. This means that having a high level engineer on your crew makes you unkillable.

That's been true across the board of railjack performance so far as I can tell. The npc crews are far better than any players at every task except piloting to the objectives and holding still for artillery shots.

They turn every rj into an afk death machine, freeing you up to do objectives or eat ice cream, assuming you're solo. A single real player hurts performance, but if you make sure you still have an engineer you'll pretty much live though anything.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »

That's been true across the board of railjack performance so far as I can tell. The npc crews are far better than any players at every task except piloting to the objectives and holding still for artillery shots.

They turn every rj into an afk death machine, freeing you up to do objectives or eat ice cream, assuming you're solo. A single real player hurts performance, but if you make sure you still have an engineer you'll pretty much live though anything.

Seriously, rank 5 NPC gunners are fucking murder machines, rank 5 engineers mean you're immortal, and a rank 5 pilot is good enough to avoid sitting in one spot (and I think they actively attempt to scoop up loot?). Like sev said, I can just sit back and let my ship do whatever the fuck while I go complete objectives or punch myself in the dick or whatever

JtgVX0H.png
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Huh, I guess the Forward Artillery has a machine gun you can switch to by pressing F, who knew?

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    Huh, I guess the Forward Artillery has a machine gun you can switch to by pressing F, who knew?

WHAT?!?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »

Seriously, rank 5 NPC gunners are fucking murder machines, rank 5 engineers mean you're immortal, and a rank 5 pilot is good enough to avoid sitting in one spot (and I think they actively attempt to scoop up loot?). Like sev said, I can just sit back and let my ship do whatever the fuck while I go complete objectives or punch myself in the dick or whatever

Defender, Engineer, Gunner is my goto crew. Because otherwise boardingpods can kill you if they take out the engineer. With a defender, so far, my crew has been quite competent at keeping my ship alive, even if I have get off the ship to kill enemy crewships.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    a rank 5 pilot is good enough to avoid sitting in one spot

There were a few times during the quest where I caught my pilot just idling behind a debris field instead of pursuing objectives. That may have just been the pathfinding not being equipped to handle the nonstandard maps specific to the quest, however.
    Defender, Engineer, Gunner is my goto crew. Because otherwise boardingpods can kill you if they take out the engineer. With a defender, so far, my crew has been quite competent at keeping my ship alive, even if I have get off the ship to kill enemy crewships.

I prefer the added risk if it means I never have to engage with any part of my ship. Repelling boarders is the only part of empyrean missions that feels like regular Warframe, so I don't mind doing that job myself.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

WHAT?!?

It's new. Apparently it was actually a bug but DE went "actually that's cool" and are going to improve on it soon.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

WHAT?!?

It's new. Apparently it was actually a bug but DE went "actually that's cool" and are going to improve on it soon.

To clarify, the bug was that they accidentally included the unfinished FA alternate fire.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    edited April 2021
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

WHAT?!?

To clarify, the bug was that they accidentally included the unfinished FA alternate fire.

That's gonna be awesome if/when they allow us to reassign a gunner to the FA seat.

And maybe give us a command menu option to prioritize (for the pilot and gunners) targeting either fighters, crewships, or emplacements.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Just let me shoot it from the pilot's seat, ffs.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    a rank 5 pilot is good enough to avoid sitting in one spot

There were a few times during the quest where I caught my pilot just idling behind a debris field instead of pursuing objectives. That may have just been the pathfinding not being equipped to handle the nonstandard maps specific to the quest, however.

I prefer the added risk if it means I never have to engage with any part of my ship. Repelling boarders is the only part of empyrean missions that feels like regular Warframe, so I don't mind doing that job myself.

NPC pilots don't pursue objectives that I can tell, they just fly around randomly. Not sure how the various skill levels for pilot affects their performance.

My engineer takes care of all boarding parties, they have a 4 in endurance and only a 1 in combat but they never die.

JtgVX0H.png
    What kind of guns do you guys like to give your crew? Been giving mine beam weapons and ignis wraiths.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    What kind of guns do you guys like to give your crew? Been giving mine beam weapons and ignis wraiths.

I think all of mine have Kuva weapons but I'm not sure.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

I've got mine using shotguns, in my mind they're the best shipboard weapons.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn

Only the very finest of meme weapons, I assure you.

A glaxion vandal, an ogris, and an embolist, all built for radiation damage and absurdly high status chance.

I like to think my crew finds some entertainment in watching enemies beat each other to death.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Only the very finest of meme weapons, I assure you.

A glaxion vandal, an ogris, and an embolist, all built for radiation damage and absurdly high status chance.

I like to think my crew finds some entertainment in watching enemies beat each other to death.

"Stop hitting yourself!"

• RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    Man. I really wish there was a true deep pure black black color with maybe some gloss? I would LOVE that soo much for part of my color scheme.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    very deep blacks are in the smoke palette I think

edited April 2021

Mara Detron for my engineer.

If there's a otherwise slow Baro week where he has it, I might outfit my whole crew with it, Life Aquatic style. My favorite sidearm in the game.

Zoku Gojira on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    very deep blacks are in the smoke palette I think

They are but they, like everything else, are dependent upon the material.

Which I have found annoying on occasion but on the other hand I can respect the game going "This is our design and while we welcome you modifying it? There are limits."

My engineer has a primary Gaze kitgun (named "How Can You Kill A God") and my pilot has an Arca Plasmor for when I kick her off the controls. The gunner stays on her turret so she never uses her gun, but she's got a Synoid Gammacor just in case.

JtgVX0H.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I was very disappointed I couldn't give a Kuva Bramma to one of my crew.

Well, I did the new quest.

... That's it? I can't help but feel the musical number was supposed to be happening during an actual confrontation/boss fight rather than just ... smacking dudes in a void arena with no context.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Well, I did the new quest.

... That's it? I can't help but feel the musical number was supposed to be happening during an actual confrontation/boss fight rather than just ... smacking dudes in a void arena with no context.

I'm sure it's a prelude to the Corpus lich stuff. The dudes you smacked are likely the captain's old crew that will be the liches.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
This discussion has been closed.