As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best Breakfast Gruel [chat]

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Grits
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I mean let's be real. One person is going to eat the entire thing
    But
    That doesn't change the fact it's supposed to be for a group of people
    True, but 1 person eating 2000 calories, while not great is something happens.

1 person eating 3640mg of salt in a single meal, depending on the person could be lethal.

LD50 is 3000 mg/kg. So a nacho party pack could kill a large rat or small cat just from salt.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Rice
    Aw man, I just reminded myself of the episode where they fuck over Buck Frobisher by making him the comic relief and Fraser and Boss Lady mack on the top of a train

The one redeeming feature was the song the Mounties all sing, but I preferred it when I didn't know the song's provenance

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    There's a sodium warning on it but not a warning that it's 2000 fucking calories?

i'd like to see you have a party under 2,000 calories

Awwww yeah, we got ourselves a dip-less veggie platter and some LaCroix.

This party is lit.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Almost 4 g of salt is a lot but I don't see any way that's lethal

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Grits
    zepherin wrote: »
    But

1 person eating 3640mg of salt in a single meal, depending on the person could be lethal.

LD50 is 3000 mg/kg. So a nacho party pack could kill a large rat or small cat just from salt.

This is how Garfield died

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    But

I just also looked up the LD50 and came here to post that a 150lb person would need to eat 56 entire boxes to die from sodium overdose

Challenge accepted??

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Grits
    Almost 4 g of salt is a lot but I don't see any way that's lethal
    People on Cardiac diets, that much salt will spike blood pressure.

I worked with a guy when that happened, he ate Biscuits and Gravy before we had a site walk, and after the site walk, I thought I was going to be driving him (flushed, sweating and shaking) to the emergency room.
    He took one of his emergency pills and he was fine, but I was loading him into the truck to go.

zepherin on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    from now on i'll be judging portions entirely based off how many large rats/small cats it could kill

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    cats can have little a nachos party pack

• Options
    Grits
    Arch wrote: »
    But

I just also looked up the LD50 and came here to post that a 150lb person would need to eat 56 entire boxes to die from sodium overdose

Challenge accepted??
    I'll write the obituary.

He shit himself to death before falling to salt poisoning. He is truly the hero we deserve.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Lots of things I eat would kill a large rat.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    real talk i'm afraid of the legpress machine in the free weights section of the gym because i'm afraid it'll crush me and i'll shit myself while it's happening and then i'll die looking a rolled up tube of toothpaste that was full of shit

• Options
    Grits
    I signed up to give blood Tuesday.

I think it's because I want to feel like less of a shit heal than usual.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Prolly have2000 calories in my beard right now

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    It is amazing how the underground road gets shittier every time I hear about it.

The vehicles will travel between three stations along a 0.83-mile route, so can only reach speeds of up to 50 mph in each 0.4-mile segment.

Couscous on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Some weird shit I never heard of from, like, Slovakia
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Honk is GTFO good should I play it

🐍

I am having a great deal of fun with it! It’s very moody and the presentation is great, the difficulty and mechanics makes it a very fun co-op game. I’ve experienced close to no issues, considering it’s early access it seems very worked out and polished graphically and mechanically. My buddy has been having crashes but like, it’s honestly probably his computer being weird. I think content is the primary EA thing with it now, I don’t know if they have more maps than the six current ones ready (there’s one campaign now and it’s supposed to be different campaigns between seasons). Decent selection of weapons currently, and tools, don’t know if more will be added but there’s supposed to be progression eventually (none now).

It’s extremely hard and there’s no matchmaking. You can find people in the discord but I’d say you’ll have most fun in a group you know and can communicate effectively with.

Honestly I’ve played ten hours so far and feel like money well spent already, we’ve finished two levels and are on the third.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    We could get a group together

• Options
    k7u2q1sjce8k.png

this sums up all of my opinions about musk

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oatmeal (steel cut oats)
    I'd play GTFO if instead of scary it was not scary.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    It is amazing how the underground road gets shittier every time I hear about it.

The vehicles will travel between three stations along a 0.83-mile route, so can only reach speeds of up to 50 mph in each 0.4-mile segment.

Oh thank goodness it's supplemental to other cheaper transit solutions that actually work for all citizens and have innumerable other benefits. Building a shitty single-purpose road underground that will suffocate anyone using a non-electric vehicle isn't going to replace all of our trains!

It's just going to you know, leech funding from solutions that could actually work. God I wish he would just... stop trying to do anything.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Haha whoops. Told everyone there'd be password change requirements "within a week or two."

Hit a button to make that happen in a week. Accidentally made it happen now.

I'm still technically correct, this is within a week!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    9eibaaaztjhq.png

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oatmeal (steel cut oats)
    SniperGuy more like WrongTyperGuy

Gottem'

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm sad that diving expert lost his lawsuit for Elon Musk saying incredibly rude stuff about him.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    More like

More like... swiperguy....

• Options
    I'm sad that diving expert lost his lawsuit for Elon Musk saying incredibly rude stuff about him.

Yeah well, Elons rich.

Should've expected this.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Our dog is sick :(

She didn’t eat her breakfast and her tummy is making weird noises

I think she’s still getting used to being back from the lady who took care of her

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    real talk i'm afraid of the legpress machine in the free weights section of the gym because i'm afraid it'll crush me and i'll shit myself while it's happening and then i'll die looking a rolled up tube of toothpaste that was full of shit

using the leg press machine will prevent this, but as you mentioned, at what cost

or doing squats, if you don't obliterate a disc

or deadlifts, which I'm convinced nobody knows how to do correctly

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    sniperguy

more like

chaos reigns …guy

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    like there's no way I should be able to deadlift what I'm deadlifting so I must be in the process of crippling myself

we'll find out next episode

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

reading there and i'm surprised it went to a jury

surely that's the type of thing that just a judge should be looking at?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    sniperguy

more like

chaos reigns …guy

No that would be if I left the 1 week password expiration on.

People would riot.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Welp, first post of the year is done.

pQKxb1ml.jpg

I might keep messing with it before / if I ever decide to get some AP prints.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    i figured i'd be regularly going to the gym in 2020 but then my lungs started bleeding which is probably the best excuse i've ever had for not going to the gym

i'm aiming to make it regularly in feb

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Oh thank goodness it's supplemental to other cheaper transit solutions that actually work for all citizens and have innumerable other benefits. Building a shitty single-purpose road underground that will suffocate anyone using a non-electric vehicle isn't going to replace all of our trains!

It's just going to you know, leech funding from solutions that could actually work. God I wish he would just... stop trying to do anything.

Maybe we'll be able to take the tunnels and put in trains in them once his empire collapses?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Tav wrote: »

reading there and i'm surprised it went to a jury

surely that's the type of thing that just a judge should be looking at?

wikiing defamation in Commonwealth countries - since my understanding is that Entoush defamation law is more deferential to claimants - shows that the 2013 Defamation Act requires evidence of actual or probable harm

And that guy probably didn't incur 190 million dollars worth of lost business or emotional harm

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    Entoush?

go home autocorrect, you're drunk

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Malt-o-meal
    I thought Elon managed to get away with defamation because he claimed his tweets were "exaggerated insults". Which is preposterous when you read the actual tweets in which he makes a claim and then doubles and triples down on the facts and finally hires a professional investigator to prove him right.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »
    I'd play GTFO if instead of scary it was not scary.

It's not really scary though, it's just more tense. Also, super awesome but maybe not worth the $35 yet for most

This discussion has been closed.