Best Breakfast Gruel [chat]

19495969799

Posts

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    Some weird shit I never heard of from, like, Slovakia
    Arch wrote: »
    Toss a <noun> to your <noun>-er

    Toss a botchling to your mother

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Like a bad lobster in a dark cellar Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    had a conversation with Mrs Deebs re: moving options.

    Just got a quote from a highly reviewed company for $2,795.00 (+tip!) where they deliver our shit in 1 - 10 business days or $3295 for under 48 hour delivery. We're on the same page. We dont need our shit that badly.

    I'm surprised movers fall in the class of professions you need to tip.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I should make my OWN pokemon game.

    The mons you find in the wild would be governed by your userID meaning everyone would have their own version.

    They can be totally procedurally generated from parts! Like this one:

    cyrj81b63d8i.png

    Oh god, kill it kill it burn it with fire

    how

    how does it even eat

    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    Brody
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    BIG NEWS, me and PAX Girl are fiances now.



    Because we're in talks to maybe start a Podcast.

    Things are moving a bit too fast.

    WinkyRMS OceanicHahnsoo1ChanusBrody
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    oh the yearly playstation wrap up thing

    i apparently did 418 hours of monster hunter, surprise number 2 is actually bloobo at 126 which, i had no idea i played that much bloobo last year

    if i played 126 hours in a year where i didn't play it much i must a bajillion hours in that game

    sony you cowards let me see the full number

  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Malt-o-meal
    BIG NEWS, me and PAX Girl are fiances now.



    Because we're in talks to maybe start a Podcast.

    Things are moving a bit too fast.

    Have you considered adopting a podcast instead.

    So many, started and abandoned, waiting at the RSS shelter for an update, any update.

    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Mojo_Jojo21stCenturyVishNubHahnsoo1BrodyKana
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    toss a butt to your [chat]er

    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    FeralHahnsoo1Brody
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Please stop throwing things it's very unsafe

  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    had a conversation with Mrs Deebs re: moving options.

    Just got a quote from a highly reviewed company for $2,795.00 (+tip!) where they deliver our shit in 1 - 10 business days or $3295 for under 48 hour delivery. We're on the same page. We dont need our shit that badly.

    I'm surprised movers fall in the class of professions you need to tip.

    15%!

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Like a bad lobster in a dark cellar Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I should make my OWN pokemon game.

    The mons you find in the wild would be governed by your userID meaning everyone would have their own version.

    They can be totally procedurally generated from parts! Like this one:

    cyrj81b63d8i.png

    Oh god, kill it kill it burn it with fire

    This feels substantially better than many of the official pokemen. Time to defer to The Computer on yet another issue

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    America basically looked at Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven and said "Yeah! Lets do that forever!"

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
    Chanus
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Like a bad lobster in a dark cellar Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    had a conversation with Mrs Deebs re: moving options.

    Just got a quote from a highly reviewed company for $2,795.00 (+tip!) where they deliver our shit in 1 - 10 business days or $3295 for under 48 hour delivery. We're on the same page. We dont need our shit that badly.

    I'm surprised movers fall in the class of professions you need to tip.

    15%!

    Are there industries where you tip anything other than 15%? It feels quite binary.

    Also, I move that science prostitutes be added to the list of professions requiring a tip. I'll hold my hand out and cough at the end of all future end of phase meetings with American clients until we both did of awkwardness

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Please stop throwing things it's very unsafe

    Toss a story about your unethical company interview to your ocean liner

    Hahnsoo1
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    had a conversation with Mrs Deebs re: moving options.

    Just got a quote from a highly reviewed company for $2,795.00 (+tip!) where they deliver our shit in 1 - 10 business days or $3295 for under 48 hour delivery. We're on the same page. We dont need our shit that badly.

    I'm surprised movers fall in the class of professions you need to tip.

    15%!

    Are there industries where you tip anything other than 15%? It feels quite binary.

    Also, I move that science prostitutes be added to the list of professions requiring a tip. I'll hold my hand out and cough at the end of all future end of phase meetings with American clients until we both did of awkwardness

    Bartenders and waiters get 20% now.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
    Kamiro
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Like a bad lobster in a dark cellar Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    had a conversation with Mrs Deebs re: moving options.

    Just got a quote from a highly reviewed company for $2,795.00 (+tip!) where they deliver our shit in 1 - 10 business days or $3295 for under 48 hour delivery. We're on the same page. We dont need our shit that badly.

    I'm surprised movers fall in the class of professions you need to tip.

    15%!

    Are there industries where you tip anything other than 15%? It feels quite binary.

    Also, I move that science prostitutes be added to the list of professions requiring a tip. I'll hold my hand out and cough at the end of all future end of phase meetings with American clients until we both did of awkwardness

    Bartenders and waiters get 20% now.

    Oh no. When did this happen? Hopefully it's sufficiently recent that I didn't screw somebody over on my last trip.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    coffee places get $1 if they are making a drink

  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    had a conversation with Mrs Deebs re: moving options.

    Just got a quote from a highly reviewed company for $2,795.00 (+tip!) where they deliver our shit in 1 - 10 business days or $3295 for under 48 hour delivery. We're on the same page. We dont need our shit that badly.

    I'm surprised movers fall in the class of professions you need to tip.

    15%!

    Are there industries where you tip anything other than 15%? It feels quite binary.

    Also, I move that science prostitutes be added to the list of professions requiring a tip. I'll hold my hand out and cough at the end of all future end of phase meetings with American clients until we both did of awkwardness

    Bartenders and waiters get 20% now.

    Oh no. When did this happen? Hopefully it's sufficiently recent that I didn't screw somebody over on my last trip.

    over 10 years now. everyone in USA town hates you.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    coffee places get $1 if they are making a drink

    no they absolutely do not. i will die on this hill.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    coffee places get $1 if they are making a drink

    no they absolutely do not. i will die on this hill.

    we've argued about it before and it's stupid that you object

    you give bartenders $1 for pouring a pint; if a barista is making you an espresso drink or whatever why is that less deserving?

    Powerpuppies
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    I would feel really odd tipping movers

    It would be like tipping the dealer you bought a used car from, or something

  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Like a bad lobster in a dark cellar Registered User regular
    Wait no, last time I paid for dinner in the US I was with genuine Americans and I consulted on how much to tip so I'm probably fine

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    the distinction being making a drink = / = pouring coffee from a pot/machine/whatever

  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Like a bad lobster in a dark cellar Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I would feel really odd tipping movers

    It would be like tipping the dealer you bought a used car from, or something

    Maybe they do, japan. Maybe they do! Maybe there's also a weird distinction that you only do this if the used car dealership is also a garage though. And the amount varies by state from $1 per car to $20% on the total. And if you get it wrong they'll spit in the petrol.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    also it's $1 scrooge mcfuck

  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    keeping that typo lol

    nexuscrawler
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Like a bad lobster in a dark cellar Registered User regular
    I think tip related stress is pretty high on the list of reasons I couldn't live in the US

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    japanHerrCron
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited January 15
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    coffee places get $1 if they are making a drink

    no they absolutely do not. i will die on this hill.

    we've argued about it before and it's stupid that you object

    you give bartenders $1 for pouring a pint; if a barista is making you an espresso drink or whatever why is that less deserving?

    I think it's foolish to let tipping infect absolutely everything. I stand in line at a coffee shop, am served a drink in a paper cup, and I don't hang around the counter or run a tab. It's a lot more of a retail transaction than a service.

    Deebaser on
    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    coffee places get $1 if they are making a drink

    no they absolutely do not. i will die on this hill.

    we've argued about it before and it's stupid that you object

    you give bartenders $1 for pouring a pint; if a barista is making you an espresso drink or whatever why is that less deserving?

    I think it's foolish to let tipping infect absolutely everything. I stand in line at a coffee shop, am served a drink in a paper cup, and I don't hang around the counter or run a tab. It's a lot more of a retail transaction than a service.

    this is nonsense; you're not waiting in line at the moving company counter or running tab either but you're still going to tip them

    tipping is about compensating the humans involved in the service economy for the instant gratification of getting what you want

    the distinction i'm making on coffee is that if you are ordering a drink and it requires them (or another) to step away and make it, it's not different than what you get a bar or in some cases, a restaurant

    if you're getting old coffee from a pot then yeah it's retail

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Malt-o-meal
    Another day another minute added to the rowing machine time.

    With my iron infusion I am hoping that that goes up faster now. In two weeks I may have blood to carry oxygen!

    03x29di.png
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    the number of professions that expect tips has multiplied by about a million in just the last few years

    employers have almost entirely offloaded the responsibility to pay their employees a decent wage because of it

    fuck the gig economy and late stage capitalism or whatever the fuck we're doing now but it's stupid and bad

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    Hahnsoo1OrcaBrodyJebusUD
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    coffee places get $1 if they are making a drink

    no they absolutely do not. i will die on this hill.

    we've argued about it before and it's stupid that you object

    you give bartenders $1 for pouring a pint; if a barista is making you an espresso drink or whatever why is that less deserving?

    I think it's foolish to let tipping infect absolutely everything. I stand in line at a coffee shop, am served a drink in a paper cup, and I don't hang around the counter or run a tab. It's a lot more of a retail transaction than a service.

    this is nonsense; you're not waiting in line at the moving company counter or running tab either but you're still going to tip them

    tipping is about compensating the humans involved in the service economy for the instant gratification of getting what you want

    the distinction i'm making on coffee is that if you are ordering a drink and it requires them (or another) to step away and make it, it's not different than what you get a bar or in some cases, a restaurant

    if you're getting old coffee from a pot then yeah it's retail

    tipping is about paying wages that should be paid by employers

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    VanguardOrcaBrodyJebusUD
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    also about enshrining a separation of classes of workers

    tipping

    is bad

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    VanguardOrcaBrodyJebusUD
  • SixSix Quite worryingly erotic Registered User regular
    In place of money I have started tipping by leaving small candles that smell like Gwyneth Paltrow’s vagina.

    steamcommunity.com/id/thenumbersix/
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1335-2661-4136
    ChanusHahnsoo1nexuscrawler
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Hmm, so do you think we should tip fast food workers?

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    coffee places get $1 if they are making a drink

    no they absolutely do not. i will die on this hill.

    we've argued about it before and it's stupid that you object

    you give bartenders $1 for pouring a pint; if a barista is making you an espresso drink or whatever why is that less deserving?

    I think it's foolish to let tipping infect absolutely everything. I stand in line at a coffee shop, am served a drink in a paper cup, and I don't hang around the counter or run a tab. It's a lot more of a retail transaction than a service.

    this is nonsense; you're not waiting in line at the moving company counter or running tab either but you're still going to tip them

    tipping is about compensating the humans involved in the service economy for the instant gratification of getting what you want

    the distinction i'm making on coffee is that if you are ordering a drink and it requires them (or another) to step away and make it, it's not different than what you get a bar or in some cases, a restaurant

    if you're getting old coffee from a pot then yeah it's retail

    You asked what the difference was between a bartender and a barista was and I told you. I also think tipping movers is dumb, but whatever. Feel free to tip your barista, it's no skin off my nose. I'll continue not to.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited January 15
    Hmm, so do you think we should tip fast food workers?

    Only if they have to step away from the register. They pick up that fry scoop and you're in tip town.

    Deebaser on
    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Give me my €1.10 Italian espresssos

    poo
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    Idea: sell dick shaped candles and donate the proceeds to vaccination charities to spite goop

    Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hmm, so do you think we should tip fast food workers?

    Probably because those people objectively have a worse life than all of us.

  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    so i know facebook ads have been revealing the obvious fact that facebook spies on you but earlier today i was just thinking about doing audible again and listening to books at work

    just thinking it

    in my brain only. not a word out loud, did not visit a website or anything

    and now i'm getting tons of audible ads

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    VanguardKanawandering
This discussion has been closed.