As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Nice Weekend [Podcast]

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Ok so the work hug question at the end of the latest MBMBaM caused me psychic damage

If I was in that situation all the bones would instantly melt out of my body in shame

What was the question?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    Ok so the work hug question at the end of the latest MBMBaM caused me psychic damage

If I was in that situation all the bones would instantly melt out of my body in shame

What was the question?
    Dude's boss managed to get him vacation time even though he didn't have any vacation days left

It was at the end of a graveyard shift so when the boss came to shake his hand he panicked and hugged him instead

And to to show his gratitude, what he said was

"thanks for getting me off"

wY6K6Jb.gif
    SporkAndrewThe Escape GoatGrisloSCREECH OF THE FARGGrey Ghostnever dieDarkPrimuswebguy20ReynoldsCrippl3agoajMx. QuillJacobyBucketmanZonugalgodmodemageormikeMs DappereddizhereOlivawpainfulPleasance
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    that second Titanfall clip..

Is titanfall 2 a stealth tribes sequel? I should really play some of this huh.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    UnbrokenEvaMortal SkyBucketman
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    At what point does the waypoint spoilercast switch from Hamilton to Knives Out? I just want to skip to the Knives Out part.

I dont have a time stamp but they make it very apparent when they are going to switch to talking about Knives Out, and dont start in on spoilers for a few minutes besides.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

It's absolutely amazing

I don't know what the online scene looks like for it these days

I am not very good at videogames, but I slightly obsessed over Titanfall 2 for months and eventually got kinda decent at it

And had more fun playing a multiplayer game than I thought possible

Endless loop of kamikaze Ronin was incredible, I don't know if they patched that out or not

The most fragile Titan could be the most deadly if you set it up correctly and had a moderate amount of skill and luck

You could turn into a bomb with a sword and it was amazing

Crippl3
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I definitely had a thing with FatT where it took me a while to realize there might be people who I don't perceive to be embodying their characters very well but which act them exceptionally well

Ali and Jack, for instance, really commit to their characters as far as the choices they make in the world, but they don't really 'convey' their characters via emotion or tone as much as they do through gameplay

Art though is absolutely a person who emotes in wildly different ways depending on the character he plays; you can absolutely hear how different Grand Magnificent is to Sovereign Immunity just from the tone he uses, the idiosyncrasies of his speech patterns

and then there's Keith, who just plays different versions of Keith. Which is fine! Sometimes you just know you have a very particular thing you bring to whatever you do, but that thing is so good that it just works; it's the Jack Nicholson effect.

the confrontation between keith and art in the last episode was so so so so good. I'm happy to be back listening to friends at the table, i should go back and listen to the billion hours I have skipped. I also just started giving to their patreon so there's...a lot.

I also listened to the first Road to Partizan, and there's a part where they're figuring stuff out about the Hypha and Austin makes a discovery
    about a term that's important to Counter/Weight, and I got chills over my entire body.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    Indie WinterAtari SoulMortal SkyWeedLordVegeta
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

It's absolutely amazing

I don't know what the online scene looks like for it these days

I am not very good at videogames, but I slightly obsessed over Titanfall 2 for months and eventually got kinda decent at it

And had more fun playing a multiplayer game than I thought possible

Endless loop of kamikaze Ronin was incredible, I don't know if they patched that out or not

The most fragile Titan could be the most deadly if you set it up correctly and had a moderate amount of skill and luck

You could turn into a bomb with a sword and it was amazing

As far as the online goes, Titanfall 2 was one of the free PlayStation Plus games a little bit ago, so there was a decent boost in population on PS4 for a bit there

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    One thing I will say about Friends at the Table that has drawn me in this season is that it really does seem like the players are trying to mechanically play well/succeed at the same time as trying to craft an interesting story. Which hasn't always been the case, and from my perspective is harder to get invested in when it seems like they're trying to fail because they think it's an interesting story beat.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Doom Unfinished:
    Hellified Zones

HELLIFIED ZONES

SnicketysnickCrippl3Grey GhostSyphonBluedarunia106
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    At what point does the waypoint spoilercast switch from Hamilton to Knives Out? I just want to skip to the Knives Out part.

About an hour and change.

Librarian's ghost
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I can't believe it took six seasons of Friends at the Table for them to figure out they should put cheat sheets of all the people/terms/organizations in the episode descriptions.

Straightzi
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Doom Unfinished:
    Hellified Zones

HELLIFIED ZONES
    THE RIPATORIUM

"straightforward, serious story with the goofy shit at the edges" really works for DOOM just like it did for the current Hitmans.

BahamutZEROKnight_PeewiturtleantOlivawTransporter
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Re Titanfall 2, I don’t think I’m ever gonna touch the multiplayer. There be monsters.
    the whole travel sequence was extremely fucking dope, though

DouglasDangerKnight_
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Re Titanfall 2, I don’t think I’m ever gonna touch the multiplayer. There be monsters.

Titanfall 2 is the best Half-Life game to date

SCREECH OF THE FARG
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I should probably buy the new Doom games huh

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    I can't believe it took six seasons of Friends at the Table for them to figure out they should put cheat sheets of all the people/terms/organizations in the episode descriptions.

They're so useful.

I listen to most episodes with those pulled up in one tab and their character sheets up in another.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I should probably buy the new Doom games huh

DOOM 2016 is Very Good

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    augustCrippl3PeewiSnicketysnickLibrarian's ghostMortal SkyMedium DaveEtchwartsSimBenSyphonBlueUnbrokenEvaPwnanObrienBucketmanStiltsSCREECH OF THE FARGdarunia106webguy20OlivawRorshach KringleDysTransporter
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I think Doom 2016 might have replaced Deus Ex in the "If someone mentions it, someone else will replay it" meme.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

SimBenMr Fuzzbuttwebguy20
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Watching the Unfinished for the new DOOM makes me want to go replay the 2016 one

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I've been listening to Critical Role, I couldn't get into season 1 because it started so far into their campaign and with such shitty equipment. But season 2? All in. Its funny, because its similar but also totally different from Adventure Zone and I really like both but for totally different reasons

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

Titanfall 2 is the best Half-Life game to date

Metro exodus is the best half-life 2 game. But I’ll allow it

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Y'all

The Twitter Android app is busted.

I'm free.

BahamutZEROThe Escape Goat
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    now you're only addicted to internet forums

TallahasseerielBahamutZEROReynoldsZonugalCrippl3WeedLordVegetaThe Escape GoatreplacewythyBucketman
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    now you're only addicted to internet forums

And how

Uriel wrote: »
    Y'all

I'm free.

I just updated and it killed mine too. Thanks for the tip!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Y'all

I'm free.

still seems to work for me, I'm still damned

BahamutZERO.gif
    Crippl3
    Y'all

I'm free.

still seems to work for me, I'm still damned

Make sure to update!

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I updated mine, it broke, but uninstalling and reinstalling again seemed to fix it.

I trapped myself again willingly. I am damned.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    That MBMBAM question about conflict-less Barbie play really resonated with me

My son wants me to play Spider-Man with him, wherein Spider-Man and Electro are friends and go on treasure hunts together

(but then Spider-Man ties Electro up saying he’ll swing him at some zombies)

sig.gif
    webguy20turtleantCrippl3Olivaw
    darunia106 wrote: »
    I updated mine, it broke, but uninstalling and reinstalling again seemed to fix it.

I trapped myself again willingly. I am damned.

Noooooo, you've doomed us all!

darunia106
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    just delete the app and smash your phone

Mx. Quill
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I took the step about 6 months ago and finally deleted the Twitter app.

Any day now I'll stop loading the browser version all the time!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Do what I did and forget your twitter password. It's pretty freeing. I can still Google "Austin Walker Twitter" so I basically get all the upside with none of the downside.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I deleted the Twitter app sometime last year and it's eliminated so many avenues of potential stress

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have a twitter but it’s mostly so I can word vomit stuff about anime to keep it away from normal people

Kane Red RobeTheBlackWind
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    For folks who bounced off Disco Elysium due to (valid) chafing against its initial abrasiveness, but who are curious about what it Means to folks who dug it, the Patrick/Austin spoilercast on Waypoint Radio might be worth a listen

They don't let it off the hook for those rough edges, and they are often critical of the game, but they do a great job of exploring what makes this weird, risky, sometimes-unpleasant work of art so compelling and vital and current and strange and beautiful.

MaddocSpeed RacerDarkPrimusDoodmannEtchwartsIndie WintershalmeloWeedLordVegetaakajaybayBucketman
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    I use Twitter to look at cute anime and game art mostly

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    ...How do you update the app?

usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    force update button will be on the play store page for the app, you can find a button to the store page in the app info if you press and hold the icon.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Today’s Blank Check was very good and funny and insightful

This discussion has been closed.