As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[movie] thread: slam in the back of my jackula

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    At long last, I have watched John Wick 3 and Knives Out. I enjoyed them both.
    Though, I wasn't sure if it was a conscious choice to make the fighting feel a bit less frantic in JW3 than in the previous movies. It would make sense story-wise since he's basically injured for the whole movie, but it did feel a little slower.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I actually really liked Horns. It diverges from the book a bit but it was still good and Radcliffe is great in it.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I’m in a brief break from seeing Uncut Gems again

There is a couple in the row in front of me who have been talking the entire movie

And boy, if there’s any movie that doesn’t need MORE voices added to it, that’s the one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    The only thing I remember about Me, You, and Everyone We Know was the kid explaining butt to butt pooping, because I thought, “Oh...that’s what this movie feels like!”

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also, talking about Danielle Radcliffe and weird movies, everyone should watch Swiss Army Man.

I loved this movie when it was in theatres, but I wondered if its charms would wear thin on a second view.

Nope. Just as good after three or four viewings.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also, talking about Danielle Radcliffe and weird movies, everyone should watch Swiss Army Man.

I loved this movie when it was in theatres, but I wondered if its charms would wear thin on a second view.

You quoted me before I fixed my auto correct error!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    What’s worse "Rorshach Kringle"

Wizards or mathletes

shoot toby twice

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular

Now everyone will know how much of a fuck up you are!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Now everyone will know how much of a fuck up you are!

we knew

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOFatKD0Vzo&feature=emb_title

from the director of the very fun and good Deathgasm, starring fan favorite Samara Weaving

Daniel Radcliff has guns bolted to his hands and is told to kill Samara Weaving live on an Internet murder show.

Huh

Daniel Radcliffe kind of sounds like Seth Rollins when he yells

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOFatKD0Vzo&feature=emb_title

from the director of the very fun and good Deathgasm, starring fan favorite Samara Weaving

Daniel Radcliff has guns bolted to his hands and is told to kill Samara Weaving live on an Internet murder show.

Huh

Daniel Radcliffe kind of sounds like Seth Rollins when he yells

But can he laugh like Seth?

https://youtu.be/7C0xkSpGINY

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    well

me and you and everyone we know is in the criterion collection, so now criterion is dead to me

2020: the year of balance for previous years of Rorshach Kringle getting everything he wanted in media.

So with that in mind, I expect that by the end of the year wizards will be the new black.

hush your tongue

i will never face comeuppance

Amazon has the big budget Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time shows probably hitting this year, right? Netflix just launched The Witcher. And everybody else wants a Game of Thrones or two of their very own.

Yep. 2020: the year of the wizard.

oh i am not white enough to pay attention to amazon originals

Undone is good tho

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    alright now that I've seen Uncut Gems a second time I can gladly join the people who fully love it

once the tension of "oh god this is unbearable what the hell is gonna happen" and you know all the tricks the movie has in store, for me it just became a super fun ride

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    well

me and you and everyone we know is in the criterion collection, so now criterion is dead to me

2020: the year of balance for previous years of Rorshach Kringle getting everything he wanted in media.

So with that in mind, I expect that by the end of the year wizards will be the new black.

hush your tongue

Amazon has the big budget Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time shows probably hitting this year, right? Netflix just launched The Witcher. And everybody else wants a Game of Thrones or two of their very own.

Undone is good tho

Isn't The Patriot on Amazon Prime too? oof, that's good stuff.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    alright now that I've seen Uncut Gems a second time I can gladly join the people who fully love it

once the tension of "oh god this is unbearable what the hell is gonna happen" and you know all the tricks the movie has in store, for me it just became a super fun ride

Now the next step is to get very angry at the academy

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    well

hush your tongue

Amazon Prime had the perfect TV show with Jean-Claude Van Johnson and cancelled it.

Why even give them a second chance.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I love how the Harry Potter stars' careers went in vastly different directions after the films.

Emma Watson got roles on many other big budget movies and has taken on a big role in social politics.

Daniel Radcliffe only does weird indy films that interest him.

Rupert Grint has seemingly done absolutely nothing (IMDB lists plenty of films and tv series but I'll be damned if I've heard of a single one).

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    SirToasty wrote: »
    I love how the Harry Potter stars' careers went in vastly different directions after the films.

Emma Watson got roles on many other big budget movies and has taken on a big role in social politics.

Rupert Grint has seemingly done absolutely nothing (IMDB lists plenty of films and tv series but I'll be damned if I've heard of a single one).

Rupert settled down and did what he always wanted to do: buy an ice cream truck and give away ice cream to kids.

EDIT: Apparently he stopped doing that because he realized it was creepy and bought a Ferrari.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Rupert settled down and did what he always wanted to do: buy an ice cream truck and give away ice cream to kids.

EDIT: Apparently he stopped doing that because he realized it was creepy and bought a Ferrari.

I dunno, I think giving ice cream away out of your ferarri might be creepier.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, people online (the worst kind of people) were not thrilled with the casting for Wheel of Time. The only one I’m not sure on is Perrin, simply because he’s supposed to be fairly jacked, having been tending a forge, but maybe he got huge after being cast? Anyways, Rosamund Pike as Moiraine is pretty fucking awesome. Everyone else looks great, except for maybe Rand. Kind of too pretty? Like, leave that to Mat. Rand should be handsome, not “model hot.” Here’s the cast (more have been added, but these are the big deal characters):

https://dragonmount.com/tv/

Fawst on
  • Options
    Oh and The Lighthouse is pretty fucking great 30 minutes in. That foghorn is amazing.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    The Lighthouse is hornier than Cats.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I don't-

I-hm.

maybe

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    The Lighthouse
    lol get fucked, seagull
    That was nasty
    He’s gonna regret that

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    The Lighthouse is hornier than Cats.

If this is true, and I don't know that it is, it is a much, much less positive horny

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Oh of course.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Mat's attractiveness was based on charm and wit

Perrin was kind and shredded

Rand is absolutely a dumbass pretty boy

Anxious to see if they make "Rand has three wives" less creepy fantasy than the books

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I would have liked David Harbour as Tam

the rest is all fine

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Mat's attractiveness was based on charm and wit

Perrin was kind and shredded

Rand is absolutely a dumbass pretty boy

Anxious to see if they make "Rand has three wives" less creepy fantasy than the books

I am not sure they can make it less creepy. Maybe if they made it an actual polyamorous couple? I don't know his "wives" don't matter much considering
    He spends literally no time being a husband.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    writing them as an actual poly group is probably the only way to do it well, I'd say

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    writing them as an actual poly group is probably the only way to do it well, I'd say

See the only reason I would say maybe is that if you do it you probably still have it prophesied right? So the girls eventually find a way to be cool with it. Which is gonna be uncomfortable no matter how you do it.

I don't know maybe you delve more into how everybody feels about being pulled around by fate? Maybe lean in to the idea that the prophecies reflect the way things have happened in previous turning of the wheel? So they aren't drawn to Rand and to form a Poly relationship by fate so much as its the choice their souls usually make?

I don't know.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

I dunno, I think giving ice cream away out of your ferarri might be creepier.

Easier to escape when angry parents come running up though

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Oh my god, there's a 2019 movie called Turbines. It's a thriller/horror movie about evil and deadly wind turbines in rural Australia.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    honovere wrote: »
    Oh my god, there's a 2019 movie called Turbines. It's a thriller/horror movie about evil and deadly wind turbines in rural Australia.

Fear not, the Man of La Mancha will save us.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options

Executive Producer - Donald J Trump

• Options

Based on a true story

Executive Producer Donald Trump

• Options
    edited January 2020
    "I'm trying to watch TV but ever since we switched to wind power it keeps cutting out. Tobias, go check the turbine and make sure it's spinning!"

"Aye, father I'll be right back."

But Tobias never came back.

2 hours later, in a field near a large farm house

"Tobias! Where did you run off to? That damn kid, better not have been eaten by a dingo."

Approaches base of wind turbine

"What is that mess on the ground over there?"

Approaches slowly revealing Tobias' dismembered and bloody corpse

"Oh no! What happened?"

Wind Turbine leans over holding a gun in one hand and a bloody machete in the other

"No! Whst did you do?! If only I had a gun! A good guy with a gun always wins!"

A loud shot rings out followed by the sound of a crumpling body.

Camera pans out and we hear the sound of limbs being chopped.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options

Based on a true story

From the twisted mind behind "Low Flow Toilet"...

• Options
    astrobstrd wrote: »

Based on a true story

From the twisted mind behind "Low Flow Toilet"...

And the twisted mind behind "Slightly angled toilet"

This discussion has been closed.