As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Music] Makes the World Get Down

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 27
    Darmak wrote: »
    Tatiana is ungodly talented, probably the most versatile female that does both clean and harsh right now.. Though I really like Courtney LaPlante's harsh in Spiritbox and Lauren Hart of Once Human and Adrienne Cowan of Seven Spires both have great cleans and have been improving their growls and screams. Adrienne first got notice with a great vocal cover of Serpentine Offering:

Oooo, I'm not familiar with the original song, but that is impressive. She looks and sounds kinda like one singer I saw that opened for Otep years ago, but I forget their name. She's probably not who I saw, but she made me think of em anyways.

If it was more than 3 years ago, probably wasn't her. She just graduated from Berklee Institute of Music in early 2017 and been active and touring since then. And what does a highly educated metal musician get up to during a lockdown, rearrange showtunes:

And here's a track from her primary band Seven Spires (like Dream Theater, they formed at Berklee). They're hard to stuff into a genre, but they do a mix of Power Metal and prog with some pop sensibilities:

BlackDragon480 on
    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    Darmak
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Apparently Modest Mouse dropped a new album recently that I was completely unaware of.

Dee Kae
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Depending on the strength of the acid, you could at least think you fucked it.

• OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Just found this on bandcamp and I've been listening to it on loop for awhile now. Instrumental post-rock from the UK.

Hybrid
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular

The year is 1992, you’re in Japan, and you have no idea what the future will bring.

BlackDragon480Dee Kae
    edited June 29

The year is 1992, you’re in Japan, and you have no idea what the future will bring.

It's 1993, you're a 28 year old from Japan whose life hasn't been that rosy and you need to scream at the void just to feel alive:

BlackDragon480 on
    NaphtaliBahamutZERODee Kae
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    Jesus, the second piano solo. That entire performance just goes. Amazing.

I haven't heard this album in a long time and it came up today at random on shuffle.

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    BlackDragon480
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Jesus, the second piano solo. That entire performance just goes. Amazing.

Yeah, there's a few reasons they only ever performed the entire suite live twice. The second solo is the closest I've ever seen/heard someone come to committing metaphorical suicide via Rachmaninof motifs and the catharsis and sheer ecstatic release of the 3rd/final movement...

If they'd done more songs in English, who knows what they might've accomplished sales and awards wise.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Poppy has returned out of a toxic, creepy relationship

PeasHybrid
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really why is this the third age of alternative
    As this is shoegazing ish

And apparently Adrienne has enough confidence to just say "screw cleans" now:

Darmak
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited July 5
    This track got a spot on Sirius XMU's weekly indie countdown show, the Download 15, this past weekend. Apparently most of the album was recorded in 2012 but then shelved until now for a variety of reasons. I think it's a really slick track, real subterranean mood.

Percussion and backing vocals are provided by Stella Mozgawa of Warpaint, and the album is produced by Ben Hillier who also produced a trio of albums for Depeche Mode, basically all of Nadine Shah's discography, as well as for bands like Blur and Elbow.

jgeis on
    BlackDragon480Hybrid
    The use of exquisite planking and fresh fruit has set a new standard in meme crossovers.

Courtney Barnett is back with a new single and an announcement that her next album, Things Take Time, Take Time, is coming November 12th. The album features Stella Mozgawa on drums and she's also the producer.

Khepra
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    BTS (방탄소년단) 'Permission to Dance' Official MV

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Was introduced to this band today via Kardavox Academy, and I'm liking the shit out of them. Very crunchy doom/black/death metal/core sound.

I do wonder why metal bands spell "of" as "ov" though

V0iJ9AS.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    It's mildly impressive that after so many years, Offspring are still putting out new albums and their sound like...hasn't changed. At all.

These guys have to be what....in their 50s?

manwiththemachinegunJohnny ChopsockyMarek
    New Low Roar for your ambient, melancholy dreamscape fix

Endless_Serpents
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    my Ask Anyone 7" arrived today. RIP DOOM

Endless_SerpentsMidnite

St. Vincent covered Metallica's "Sad But True" for the upcoming covers album The Metallica Blacklist.

Hm, should probably post more Sa-Roc.

New single from Caroline Polachek

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Slaughter to Prevail posted another song from their upcoming album, this one set to clips from the Berserk anime. The song is a banger, and the clips from Berserk fit the song so now I'm wondering when they're gonna do a collab with Brand of Sacrifice

V0iJ9AS.png
    Peas
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

edited July 16
    Lorde "Solar Power" - Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Dirtyboy on
  • Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    New Yves Tumor just released yesterday.

Link to the playlist of the full EP

Steam | WoW | FFXIV | BNet: Eits#1367
    Endless_SerpentsDiarmuid
    edited July 16
    Today’s aesthetic is life is absurd.

Edit: One of these is an odd one out, but you’ll have to listen to find out.

Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERO
    Tom Cardy is the hero the world needs right now:

KanaCristoval
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

RIP Biz Markie

Beyond every other song and guest appearance, thanks for providing the perfect song for people who can't sing but really want to jump in for the chorus without feeling shame.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    DiarmuidOdinMidniteDepressperadoburboDee Kae
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Always loved Biz's version of Benny and The Jets

Johnny ChopsockyMidniteDepressperadoCrippl3
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Ginger Root - "Loretta" (Official Music Video) 3:10

"Loretta" is track #2 from Ginger Root's EP "City Slicker". Out Aug. 20 on Acrophase Records.
    Stream now: https://album.link/zhtrcrwxjg5h4

Director : Cameron Lew
    Assistant Director : David Gutel
    Cinematographer : Taylor Leach
    Production Designer : Tayler Nicholson
    Edit & VFX : Cameron Lew
    Produced by : Donald Nguyen
    Stage Technicians : Victor Amaya, Adam Critchlow, Ryan Patterson
    Spotlight : Will Harney
    Assistant Camera : Drake Konoshi, Holly Olmos
    Production Assistants : Eden Hawes, Caitlyn Phu
    Instrument Techs : Matt Carney, Dylan Hovis
    Translation: キャメロン•ルー
    Special Thanks : Dr. Greg Schulz, Fullerton College, Acrophase Records, Big Reel Studios, Dan Marquez

The Killers have announced that they'll release a new album, Pressure Machine, on August 13. It's co-produced by The Killers, Jonathan Rado (Foxygen) and Shawn Everett (The War on Drugs). The band describes it as “full of songs that would have otherwise been too quiet and drowned out by the noise of typical Killers records."

They also announced a stadium tour with JOHNNY MARR(!)

lv0wmfu676pb.jpg

edited July 20
    Woozy

Glass Animals feat Jean Deaux

Juggernut on
    Endless_Serpents
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Interesting music fact:

Bon Jovi - It's My Life has over a billion views.

Pretty incredible for a song that begins with:

This ain't a song for the brokenhearted

Had to poop but only farted.

BlackDragon480
    New Talib Kweli album is out and its smooth and simmering

The Quiet One feat Busta Rhymes

Endless_Serpents
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular

haven't thought about Thea Gilmore in, easily, a decade, and had forgotten how much I love this song.

Naphtali
    The Warning - EVOLVE (Official Video) STEREO

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    so I discovered Pale Waves a few weeks ago and it is some real earworm stuff

industrial goth gf lead singer belting out bubblegum pop is not what I would've imagined, but here we are

PeasBlackDragon480mosssnack