As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Music] Makes the World Get Down

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 27
    Juggernut wrote: »
    For me the big hitters are Blackout, Love At First Sting and Face the Heat, particularly Blackout is my all time favorite I think. I also like 2010's Sting in the Tail.

But basically every album from like, Lovedrive up will have at least one radio hit you've probably heard at some point.

To add to this, while I love their full on Arena Rock days from the early 80's to now, their 70's output (with guitarist Uli Jon Roth) has some amazing cuts that barely get much rotation:

Ohh I had listened to Scorpions then! I realise now that the stylistic change from the 70s to 80s made me think they were a different group.

Yeah, once Uli left and Matthias Jabs joined Rudolph Schenker and Klaus took over most of the songwriting duties and they went to a straight ahead blues based sound and lost the more prog elements Uli loved to throw in. He wound up doing some eclectic fusion albums in 80's and then switched up to classical and romantic pieces on the batshit insane 28-35 fret (he wanted the top end of violin range on an electric) Sky Guitars he had built and continues to dress like a pirate while doing it:

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    CaptainBeyondDee Kae
  • Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Perturbator and Johannes Persson (Cult of Luna) are doing a collab album. I am excited.

Steam | WoW | FFXIV | BNet: Eits#1367
    Cristoval3cl1ps3BlackDragon480Tynnan
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I can honestly tell you I have never heard a single One Direction song and I know nothing about them other than Harry Styles is now The Boy Who Lived out of the group but hot damn this song is real smooth

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    [MV] 문별 (Moon Byul) - C.I.T.T (Cheese in the Trap)

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Finally got around to listening to Rock Believer, color me impressed:

The youngest current member of this band is 55 and Klaus is freaking 73.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Juggernut
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    I'm not familiar with Rogue Legacy 2, but I AM familiar with the composer (A Shell in the Pit). This soundtrack is fantastic

https://ashellinthepit.bandcamp.com/album/rogue-legacy-2?from=fanpub_fnb

PSY - 'That That (prod. & feat. SUGA of BTS)' MV

BlackDragon480
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

if i had a heart id love you if i had a voice id sing

If my wife got killed by gangsters or something, this song would play during the climax of my brutal vengeance, as immortalized in Death Wish For Real, my biopic.

astrobstrd
    New Rammstein album "Zeit" is out now fyi

Odin

Man. Say what you want but one thing they absolutely fuckin nail every time is spectacle.

3cl1ps3BlackDragon480DirtyboyOdinSweeney Tom
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Man i wished i had known about evergrey way earlier that is some fine-ass music same goes for coheed and cambria

BlackDragon480FeriluceSweeney Tom
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

Butt I haven't listened to Rammstein in years

Man i wished i had known about evergrey way earlier that is some fine-ass music same goes for coheed and cambria

I found Evergrey quite early, back when Inner Circle came out:

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Feriluce
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular

Unrelated tracks I’ve visited to in the passed hour.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

It’s the first of May.

BlackDragon480Narbus
    Perrsun wrote: »

It’s the first of May.

Indeed, sadly I couldn't find a man with a tan shar-pei

~ Buckaroo Banzai

edited May 3
    Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Audio]

PSY - 'Celeb' MV

Dirtyboy on
    Goddamn Lonely Love by the Drive By Truckers

XaquinEndless_Serpents
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

BlackDragon480

Give it 40 seconds to kick in.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    What y'all grabbing for bandcamp Friday? So far I snagged the new Kikagaku Moyo but am eyeing some stuff on Transylvanian Records and Transcending Obscurity Records

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 6
    Currently all I've got in my cart is catching up on some bands that I've known about for ages and should really just get some of their music at this point (PUP and Charly Bliss)

Straightzi on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 6
    Vanguard wrote: »
    What y'all grabbing for bandcamp Friday? So far I snagged the new Kikagaku Moyo but am eyeing some stuff on Transylvanian Records and Transcending Obscurity Records

Fuming Mouth's The Grand Descent

Doom by way of death metal

I just discovered their 2020 EP a few days ago and fell in love with the brutal "This is how Sabbath sounded to church people in 1970" sound, so I picked up the full length.

jungleroomx on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I grabbed vinyls from Cassandra Jenkins, Oren Ambarchi, and Toro y Moi.
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Currently all I've got in my cart is catching up on some bands that I've known about for ages and should really just get some of their music at this point (PUP and Charly Bliss)

My recommended starting points for them would be Morbid Stuff and Guppy, respectively, for whatever that's worth

minor incidentStraightzi
  • minor incidentminor incident discount etsy agitprop Registered User regular
    edited May 7

Just a heads up, the new Oceanator album, Nothing’s Ever Fine absolutely fucking rips.

And you can snag it on Bandcamp today: https://oceanator.bandcamp.com/album/nothings-ever-fine

Edit: fuck it, one more, for the Chris Farren artwork and Jeff Rosenstock sax solo

minor incident on
    Steam: minor incident || PSN: inter-punct
    I hope the painful memories only flex their power over you a little of the time
    StraightziPoorochondriac
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

Endless_Serpents
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Stray from the Path is just unbridled hardcore leftist anger. And how the hell does our guy get his Fender Stratocaster to sound like that?

Azraith
    Psy doing parts of his songs.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    For once a lyric vid that fucking rules:

Yannis continues to be musical cheat code.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    PSY - 'GANJI' feat. Jessi Performance Video

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

Dee Kae
  • MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    StraightziSweeney Tomminor incidentDouglasDangerMarek
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    NOW I AM

AN OLD MAN

liEt3nH.png
    MidniteBlackDragon480minor incidentEndless_SerpentsSporkAndrew
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    The band I cared most about (and felt most seen through their music) as a teen
    Celebrated my last days of high school by going to what wound up being their last show in the state before the breakup
    Announced a greatest hits with a bunch of unreleased demos and their then-last brand-new song when I was starting college
    Announced the reunion the week I started my current (and first financially-comfortable) job
    Now they release their first new song as I'm recovering from an illness/health scare during a point in time when that's never been more of a concern for me (in more ways than one, between COVID and depression)

Not at all an exaggeration to say MCR has been there for me always when I've needed it. When I've been happy and when I've needed to be happy, when I've been comfortable and when I've needed to be comforted, when I've been scared and unsure and when I've been more confident than ever; they just always found a way to know either way. And to show up for it, for each new chapter of my life, each time in some capacity

Sweeney Tom on
    minor incidentVirgil_Leads_YouMidniteDouglasDangerAzraithmrpakuDepressperado
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

full album just dropped btw