As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Lunacy Interesting Times!

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Shenanigans!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Arasaki wrote: »
    Wildcat to avoid the tie ObiFett just created

That shouldn't have created a tie

It was +1 on my vote, then someone else made it +2, then Locus only made it +1, and my switch made it +1 for Wildcat

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    boy I hope Austin# is a baddie. I’d hate to moongate a special.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Wildcat to avoid the tie ObiFett just created

That shouldn't have created a tie

It was +1 on my vote, then someone else made it +2, then Locus only made it +1, and my switch made it +1 for Wildcat

Yeah, I missed the fact that you changed from mamawolf to Wildcat, I thought it was a last minute vote.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    They’re all saving a mafia member!

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    What's a moongate, is that kinda like a stargate?

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    It's exactly like a stargate, except it's made of cheese.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    "The bean counters told me we literally could not afford to buy seven dollars worth of moon rocks, much less seventy million. Bought 'em anyway. Ground 'em up, mixed em into a gel."
    "And guess what? Ground up moon rocks are pure poison. I am deathly ill." |
    "Still, it turns out they're a great portal conductor. So now we're gonna see if jumping in and out of these new portals can somehow leech the lunar poison out of a man's bloodstream. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. [coughs] Let's all stay positive and do some science."

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Good ole' Cave Johnson

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Day Three: Full Moon

The moon has moved past its Perigee. The moon is now perilously close to Earth. Some would say Perigee+2 as if that was meaningful.
    The moon is a Full Moon.
    igb8OLk.png

The secret order of Moon Mages gathered for the third night in a row to discuss the insanity occuring in their midst.. The moon mages were nervous. The moon was getting too close and had actually skipped a phase for the first time ever. The moon mages couldn’t focus on the search for the oathbreakers, they were too nervous about the sudden and erratic motions of the moon. Their conversations grew heated and punctuated with accusations. First one, then another was thrown up against the wall. Finally the crowd settled on Wildcat. In an order that prized its coolness, perhaps he was too wild for them. The Lunar Arbiter sighed and shook his head. Perhaps he was at fault for not training them better.

Gizzy ran down the corridor, and knocked hurriedly on her master’s door. She had a feeling she couldn’t shake that she had attracted certain attention in her research, attention of a powerful and malvelonent nature. If she could just reach her teacher, surely he could get the word out and then the moon could be brought into the balance. The knowledge could not die with her. Gizzy wiped the sweat from her brow as she heard her master’s footsteps nearing the door.

“Jdarksun, please hurry and open the door. I have time sensitive information that could save lives!” Gizzy yelled.

The door opened, but not to the Lunar Magister’s chamber. No, the portal opened into the cold void of space. Gizzy screamed but it was lost in the roaring of the gate.

Void Slayer found it all so pointless. He gestured at the moon and opened a gate directly below him.

The Dead:
    Wildcat - Lunar Arbiter - Beheaded
    Gizzy - Apprentice - Gated
    jdarksun - Lunar Magister - Gated
    Void Slayer - Corrupt Moon Mage - Gated

PMs are going out but feel free to play. @Void Slayer on notice for inactivity.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Night 2 of this game reenacted the ending cinematic of Portal 2 IMO

discrider on
  • Options
    Austin

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I was hoping to connect with someone privately but seer dying right away shot that in the foot.

Sir Fab shot me and I didn’t die. You can guess what role I have, and I certainly don’t understand why that would translate into Me being mafia.

• Options
    I guess unless Sir Fab was roleblocked.

• Options
    We haven’t heard much from specials in thread all game but no one has announced role block so far.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Mafia could have a guard as well.
    Are you claiming you self-guarded last night then Austin?

• Options
    Yes. I’ve self guarded every night since the seer died and no one announced Vig (until last night)

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Well that was certainly a turn of events.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    My kill should be unblockable when the moon is so close to the Earth.

Very interesting...

• Options
    I have no information that I can give you that would explain that. My guard doesn't have any extra flavor text of "guards extra" based on location, instead I get full guard/half guard/no guard.

• Options
    I mean I guess it’s possible the moon can just get way closer

• Options
    Unless I'm adding it wrong (completely possible), there's one more step "closer" in terms of where the moon can go.

• Options
    I think you’re lying, Austin.
    I’m only able to use my powers on very specific moon phases.
    You can guard every night? That doesn’t gibe with both my experiences and what Zombie Hero said before he died.

• Options
    For the cycle, I get different strengths of guard.

New Moon -> Full Moon, 1 guard.
    Full Moon -> New Moon, .5 guard.

It's actually various points in between there where it switches from 0 to 1, but I'm not going to announce those publicly. If don't eat the vote today, I don't want mafia to know when my guard is not longer guaranteed and becomes the incremental version.

Usable every night though.

• Options
    Which, btw, is also why I was claiming to not know directions earlier. I didn't vote reverse night one because going the direction it was going was better for me. Obviously that changes now (not that it matters since closer seems to keep winning every night)

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Austin

I'm finding your power claim hard to believe.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    For the cycle, I get different strengths of guard.

New Moon -> Full Moon, 1 guard.
    Full Moon -> New Moon, .5 guard.

It's actually various points in between there where it switches from 0 to 1, but I'm not going to announce those publicly. If don't eat the vote today, I don't want mafia to know when my guard is not longer guaranteed and becomes the incremental version.

Usable every night though.

Whats the purpose of a .5 guard? Are you supposed to combo that with another guard?

• Options
    I asked the same question. It stacks.

So .5 one night and .5 the next means a guard that second night.

• Options
    Why did we move on from MamaWolf[/b so fast?

Sketchy day 1 vote flip, green dies mafia, and then counter Wildcat wagon turns up a village special.

• Options
    Damn you bbcode. I’m leaving it.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    The .5 guard I can believe. Having the power available to you every night? Not so much.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    So, I just want to come out and say that there have been an awful amount of blue deaths, so unless all teachers are blue and not necessarily a special, which is possible I don't believe that AustinP0027 actually has a Guard ability. If so, then why only now would you come out? I mean if you had any suggestion that Sir Fab was/is a Vig, should you not have attempted to contact him and network? Self-guard is fine and all, but I highly doubt that you are a guard. Also, not sure you can guard unblockable shot, assuming that Sir Fab targeted you when it was or if it is now. I just think that maybe Sir Fab did not actually go after you and shot someone else. I think he put he vigged you, so that when/if your fellow mafia buddies saw, they would guard you, assuming mafia has that ability.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Pretty sure the unblockable shot thing was Sir Fab’s mistake. He said he shot me, I blocked it.

As for why not coming out, come out to whom? Seer was dead night one, Vig never claimed their shot. If I just randomly reached out to people, I’d end up just like last game where half my soft network was mafia and I was just a normal vanillager in that one.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    You could have tried to network with people who were suspicious of you day 2 and share "hey I don't think you should kill me cause..." in a network and they could back up your call today. BUT you didn't or at least nobody is sharing that you did. SO, therefore you told a lie!

• Options
    The only person who has mentioned me is JPants. And that kind of came out of nowhere each time so I just assumed he was maybe mafia trying to stir up a different vote target.

• Options
    Kind of looking at AustinP and Virgil based on yesterday, although that's just with a quick scan after waking up, and I have not had coffee yet.

Nuh-uh

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Unless a guard wants to reach out and verify Austin's claims about how the abilities work, I'm still leaning towards Austin for the vote today. Whether that's publicly verify, or thru reaching out in private to someone they lean towards being village, or some other method, doesn't matter to me. But I think it's weird that the guard would be so dramatically different from the seer and vig.

Also saying things like "Seer was dead Night 1" stick out as odd as we can all see that we have multiples of specials.
    The only person who has mentioned me is JPants. And that kind of came out of nowhere each time so I just assumed he was maybe mafia trying to stir up a different vote target.

While not inaccurate (my mentions of Austin were based purely on tone, not so much on any kind of tells or specific bits of content), the fact that I never pushed Austin as a vote (excepting Day 1 joke vote before there were any suspicions aroused/posted) makes me feel like labeling me a mafia trying to stir up vote targets is an excuse and not an actual reason. Hell, the guy who says you sound weird but isn't voting for you is probably exactly who you want to soft reveal as a special if you're in trouble. Specials look "weird" all the time.

• Options
    Also, if the seer could only seer on certain moon phases I'd think it is highly unlikely we only had one seer type.

• Options
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Austin

I'm finding your power claim hard to believe.

Ehhhhhhh

Cythraul

If our village powers are dependent on moon phase, then I can see having a permanent-ish guard to keep the nethead alive.
    Especially as the mafia had two kills last night, just as ZH's village powers were boosted to normal power.

Mainly voting for inactivity though.
    Could poke premium too.

• Options
    Also we've only just seen a second seer die.
    I don't get why people are getting up Austin's nose about that.