Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Does he lose the ATK penalty by toggling S2?

It's hard to say since the game doesn't display damage numbers outside of crits/bonus dmg skill procs (and I haven't taken the time to watch videos of him attacking the same target in slow mo) but he does has 2 different attack animations, the hawk command one which is ranged and one where he uses his sword cane to attack.

I haven't actually tested his 2nd skill because so far it's been unnecessary but i'm guessing that he retains the ability to ranged attack drones that enter his range if he's not preoccupied with other enemies but otherwise with his range reduced to only the 3 squares to his front and sides he will attack ground enemies with his melee swing. I think the game will adjust his damage accordingly, since the description of ranged capable guards simply says "can launch ranged attacks", not that all of their attacks are ranged (and therefore penalized), if that makes any sense.

Orphane on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

Sort of? In that he can only attack adjacent spaces with that turned on. It's a toggle basically though. I unlocked the second support slot so he's in mine to play with. His S3 makes all his attacks "melee" and gives him increased range and multi-target (and glass cannon stats - he gives up his high defense to more than double his attack during it).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

He doesn't have ranged attacks in the guard stance. Just gets extra defense and regenerates his own HP.

It's S3 where he becomes an AoE monster with a 3-range 180% arc and

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Silverash's blurb, since it's his banner:

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Pulling on the Silverash banner, get that 6* burst... Angelina.

She ain't bad, actually really useful, but man I really wanted a good guard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    finally cleared LS-5 and CE-5 so now i can be rolling in lungbucks and XP

until this happens anyways:
    unknown.png?width=1062&height=547

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Looking closer, I think the only things that pure shit is good for are costumes and stamina refreshes (outside of converting to loose shit), and looking at some of the costumes, Texas is the one that most appeals to me, so I pulled on both of the 6k banners for that sweet sweet 5*. Picked up Ejfyila (I have no idea how to spell this), Vigna, Nearl, and Cuora, so I'm pretty happy with that.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Silverash was the only special thing about my account!

I got two 5*'s last night, both dupes. Weee.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I got a Fireplace drop. Nice.

• Options
    The guide video for Annihilation says 700+ defense, but shows Beagle, who never tops 490, do they mean defense + healers attack?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    The guide video for Annihilation says 700+ defense, but shows Beagle, who never tops 490, do they mean defense + healers attack?

yes.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Man, I'm gonna need a lot more experience tickets to do this...

• Options
    Man, I'm gonna need a lot more experience tickets to do this...

Well, todays a good day for that since the money daily is open.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Upgraded Projekt Red to Elite 1, level 25, bumped her skill up to level 5, and that was enough of a bump in attack to get 400/400 on Chernobog.

Projekt Red is a very fun "I want this person to die now" button.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Upgraded Projekt Red to Elite 1, level 25, bumped her skill up to level 5, and that was enough of a bump in attack to get 400/400 on Chernobog.

I think she's basically the best unit for that? Cheap, fast redeploy, high power. Gravel is the blocking equivalent, but much easier to get.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »

I think she's basically the best unit for that? Cheap, fast redeploy, high power. Gravel is the blocking equivalent, but much easier to get.

Yea, she popped out of a Recruitment for me. I was very surprised.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I should have, but I did a bunch of rushed recruitment to pop out some units and potential some peeps up. That was fun. I was torn between a guaranteed 4-5* pull or a robot tag.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I should have, but I did a bunch of rushed recruitment to pop out some units and potential some peeps up. That was fun. I was torn between a guaranteed 4-5* pull or a robot tag.

Eh, rushing em's fine. The only thing to be sure of I think is that you have enough stock to do 3/day (if you want those daily points - there's plenty of other sources of em)

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Hoshigumi from the 7th draw of the new banner! Wow, that's a great get since I already had both of the featured 5*s.

• Options
    Updated Supports. Skyfire (AoE Mage)/Eyjafjalla (Mage)/Saria (Defender/Healer).

FpzWm0W.jpg

Still trying to go wide with my units before I go super deep into one-two of them. Getting more Elite 1 and leveled decently (lvl40+/etc). Then once I'm happy there I'll have to decide who to push for Elite 2 first.

Siege, SilverAsh, and Eyjafjalla all seem like amazing options to focus on first which makes the decision hard.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    man the only 6 star I've gotten is the guaranteed newbie banner one, lucky bastards

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    https://aceship.github.io/AN-EN-Tags/akhr.html

Useful tool that I didnt know if posted yet or not. Will help you with the recruitment options on what is best to try for with the tags you have.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So this has caught my interest, but haven't seen much in the way comments on the following.
    -How casual friendly is this game? I've the point in GFL, where I do need a break from the gameplay loop from time to time. Can only do some farm maps so much before I need a break. That said, I still intend to keep GFL as my main gacha game, so I want something that I can still reasonable up to date in with casual play.
    -How free to play friendly is this?
    -If you miss a gacha or event related unit, do they cycle non-collab ones back in so that people can get them later or are those units just gone? This is going to be a make or break thing for me. I'm not interested in supporting games that have a model where you get screwed out of units because you took a break from the game. Only exception I make for this is collab stuff because IP stuff can get complicated and ugly fast.
    -Is there PvP? If yes, is it completely optional? I'm not a fan of PvP and I'm not interested in a game where it's essentially required, even if the devs claim it's not.

• Options
    It's pretty casual if you want it to be. You can autofarm stuff, or just do whatever.

It's very free to play friendly. Most maps have guides on how to do stuff with free only units, and they throw a ton of free stuff at you.

Currently you can absolutely miss out on units forever based on what China has seen. They'll probably rotate back in, but it's in terms of years.

No PvP.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    stam is just slow to recharge.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Note for those who are getting deep into base development but finding they don't have a wide enough roster to staff well: Level all of your units. 2*s tend to get an improvement to their base job at max level.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Note for those who are getting deep into base development but finding they don't have a wide enough roster to staff well: Level all of your units. 2*s tend to get an improvement to their base job at max level.

Like, first max level, or Elite max level?

• Options
    edited January 2020

Like, first max level, or Elite max level?

2*s don't Elite at all. They just unlock a combat and base passive each at lvl30.

They're also incredibly useful, low-cost units for minimal investment.

Hell, two of them have 50% dodge.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Side note. I am very confused why the localized spelling of 能天使 is "Exusiai" when the audio/pronunciation of the character's name is literally

eVG70Ep.jpg

But I looked it up and they chose an alternate romanized Greek spelling (vs Exousia).

Cool facts. She shares the name of one of the coolest Gundams in existence.

• Options
    God, Annihilation is so painful ekeing out progress sometimes.

xxdnqrGl.png

The tiniest of stat checks or mistakes causing you to stop short...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    On the one hand I’ve gotten my insured 5+* unit on each of the new banners in only 2 draws.

On the downside it was Cliffheart, which I’m getting for free tommorow.

And Blue Poison, which is annoying after slamming Kroos and Catapult up in level to be my budget snipers.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    On the one hand I’ve gotten my insured 5+* unit on each of the new banners in only 2 draws.

And Blue Poison, which is annoying after slamming Kroos and Catapult up in level to be my budget snipers.

Kroos will remain good. Blue Poison is more about murdering armored dudes anyway. And you'll still need budget units for stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    eBUdZmr.jpg

Saria is super good, holy crap. And SilverAsh being able to switch between DPS and Defense was super handy and ridiculous. I think I should have replaced Eyjafjalla with a Sniper like Meteor though, as her lack of extra side range lead to her not hitting anything for part of the fight.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Kroos will remain good. Blue Poison is more about murdering armored dudes anyway. And you'll still need budget units for stuff.

Yeah I’m mostly just stuck right now on getting chips and stuff for elite promos and trying to settle on a vague team.

The chip missions are real tough to 3 star.

On the plus side at this point I could buy Texas from the credit store and between her, Siege and Zima I’d literally have the 3 best vanguards in the game so maybe I should do something with that.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I didn't get a 5* on my multi of the new banner... I got a 6* Angelina instead! Woohoo!
    Now debating whether I want to keep trying for SilverAsh while his banner is up or save for a banner where Eyjafjalla is featured. Silver Ash looks cool as fuck but my best mage is still Gitano, I have yet to pull a 5* mage.

• Options
    Meteorite is fucking amazing and carried my ass through Lungmen Annihilation

unknown.png?width=1062&height=260

• Options
    Got Franka from pull, so bought Texas from the store.

• Options
    I have pulled 3 dupe 5* now. On the one hand, hey, nice deploy cost. On the other, I want new toys.

• Options
    I feel like I may have taken "don't dump everything into leveling one person, spread it out" too far. I have like half my roster at 20, and I keep running out of the exp potato chips.