As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Give your low rarity Vanguards some love and let Siege take a nap in the dorm room.

Fixed my GT-6 run so now Big Bob dies before he can force me to remove Cuora on the left, meaning the wolves don't have that RNG opening on auto to make a break for my gate and possibly survive the Caster AoE. Also plunked down a Melantha on the right for those pesky Wraiths that might slip by along with a Grani on the left just for that extra special flavor of Fuck You. Auto's solid, no RNG to mess up, now I can begin grabbing as many Grindstones as I can because I'm probably gonna need a lot!

note that the GT-5 drop item, lok khol I think? is also very rare outside the event and I hear that you need about a 3:1 ratio of it compared to grindstone. GT-5 and 6 are same stamina cost and coin reward otherwise, not sure if one of them takes longer to finish a round though.

Yeah, I heard that's about the ratio as well. I've been able to auto that one since yesterday so I've got a stash of that stuff built up already. Once I get within parity of that ratio for the grindstones I'll flip back and forth, though I'll probably need to redo it since a lot of my units have changed/promoted since and that can mess things up. Not a big deal though, was pretty simple last time so even easier this time.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It makes no sense to bench operators with max trust

The only thing you get from trust is making those operators better!

At least in FGO I could see the logic of benching bond 10s because that could be more SQ if you're raising someone else's bond
    You get furniture and in-game lore. :P

Also in future challenge shit having the full roster at max trust stats might be important if you need to pull out more niche operators.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Dorm 1: A little sparse on decorations, but a cozy fireplace, log beams on the ceiling, bunk bed, rabbit bean bag, air mattress, some signs, and bulletin board. Ambiance: 1000
    Dorm 2: Filled to the brim with so many cardboard boxes you can't actually enter the room, or walk in it, but somehow the Operators are doing both. Don't ask where they sleep. Ambiance: 1000

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dorm 3: Endless pizza party.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I just find it funny how the room full of cardboard boxes has the same level of ambiance as the equivalent of a company breakroom.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I just find it funny how the room full of cardboard boxes has the same level of ambiance as the equivalent of a company breakroom.

Well they are all animals. Animals do love cardboard boxes.

steam_sig.png
    Sometimes, you just want a cozy space of your own.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    They really need to look at auto deploy it's way too fucking buggy. It will do some of the stupidest things for no damn reason. Like fail to activate skills, when there was no reason for skill activation to fail. Annoyed because I finally get 400/400 on Lungmen and had a really good clear with reasonable comfort on getting stuff done. Only to have the game screw up and force me to do a sixth and partial run of an anhelation for 10 orundum. For annihilations, they really need auto deploy to work right if they insist on it being such a long slog. If they can't get auto deploy to not be so buggy, hell even if they can, they really should consider having annihilations give more in the way of rewards for an attempt than they currently do. I think with full speed, it's over 20 minutes and they pretty much need to do it five times a week (assuming the damn thing doesn't bug).

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I didn't parse this until just now, Texas is holding a cigarette, and is smoking constantly in her sprite art when she's not swinging her sword

Maybe I should get her outfit just to help her quit smoking...

... Bad news, she kept smoking, and also flipped me off

I couldn’t figure out if it was a cigarette or pocky.

Oh also this, if you look at her chibi she's holding a box of what's supposedly Pocky. She even says as much (this is just chocolate) in her after promo voice line.

On the other hand we know the other doggo people were strongly against chocolate so we can guess it probably makes them sick like normal doggos so she's lying.

steam_sig.png
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    They really need to look at auto deploy it's way too fucking buggy. It will do some of the stupidest things for no damn reason. Like fail to activate skills, when there was no reason for skill activation to fail. Annoyed because I finally get 400/400 on Lungmen and had a really good clear with reasonable comfort on getting stuff done. Only to have the game screw up and force me to do a sixth and partial run of an anhelation for 10 orundum. For annihilations, they really need auto deploy to work right if they insist on it being such a long slog. If they can't get auto deploy to not be so buggy, hell even if they can, they really should consider having annihilations give more in the way of rewards for an attempt than they currently do. I think with full speed, it's over 20 minutes and they pretty much need to do it five times a week (assuming the damn thing doesn't bug).

once you 400/400 lungman it's only 4, I believe.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Tcheldor wrote: »

once you 400/400 lungman it's only 4, I believe.

pretty sure it's still 5 times

i get like 330 orundum a run with all enemies slain

Orphane on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Considering the sanity refund goes down as your Orundum goes up it doesn't really matter if your annhilation auto play craps the bed once you've gotten the full 400/400 rewards from a region.

It was kinda funny going through this week's annihilations to see auto deploy's skill timings completely off since i e2'd meteorite and she does more damage due to the extra range, stats, skill level, and talent upgrade so things die when they didn't before

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Also on the Pocky vs Smoking thing: older official art has Texas smoking

Apparently it was changed because they didn’t like kids playing a game with cool smokers.

So I guess it’s really up to you as to whether Texas insisting their picky and quickly changing the subject is a lie to cover up her habit or not.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Speaking of Texas, got my 5* off this banner.

It was my third Texas. Zzzz

What is this I don't even.
    just have a few more Orirocks, blue videos, furniture parts, and all the Grani tokens to go, and then i'll be done with all the shop items

this 200 extra sanity a day has been exceedingly good

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I remember when Joe Camel was cool, but not too cool to show up during Gummy Bears...

I kinda figured it was censored because the sprite animation does appear to be discarding the <redacted> when she starts combat.

I guess the reddit memebase tackled this: https://reddit.com/r/arknights/comments/f22bec/texas_is_not_holding_a_cigarette/

Feldorn on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yeah, the artwork is clearly edited. Her hands are in a cigarette holding position but they edited to chocolate... for a canine character....

Her sprite still has her holding a cigarette.

Speaking of sprites, Pramanix face flops when you deploy her and then picks herself up.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I know we were talking about bases earlier and I found this on reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/arknights/comments/ewammt/243_252_153_base_layout_max_possible_income/

Bunch of math but it looks like the better way to go is 1 post, 5 factories, 3 power plants. Factories doing 1 gold/4 exp tokens. Then stick to explicitly running the LMD stage and just getting your EXP from the base instead.

Vindication!

Lorek wrote: »
    I know we were talking about bases earlier and I found this on reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/arknights/comments/ewammt/243_252_153_base_layout_max_possible_income/

Bunch of math but it looks like the better way to go is 1 post, 5 factories, 3 power plants. Factories doing 1 gold/4 exp tokens. Then stick to explicitly running the LMD stage and just getting your EXP from the base instead.
    The math is extremely suspect if you even think about it and look at the comments. You can't just roll your Sanity over from XP -> LMD because it's not actually open half the time.

--

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    If anything I'd favor gold over xp for the base because I always need LMD when the map is closed

I'm going 2/4/3 though, doing 2 gold/2 xp

Maddoc on
    Figure if the devs don't go too crazy with releasing new units. F2P might hit a point where you manage to stock up on enough xp, that you can shift one of those factories to something else. Ironically, might be feasible for F2P to hit that point before whales, given the garbage drop rate for anyone that isn't a 3* in recruitment and that you aren't as likely to get as many new units from banners. So in theory, F2P might hit a point where they have a decent xp stockpile. I'm assuming the level cap is like somewhere around E2 60.

If that point is achievable, it's going to be xp production that gets traded for some other production because xp is only needed for leveling. LMD is needed for far more: recruitment, leveling, skills, converting lower tier mats to higher tier and promotions.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You would need more traders for more gold production to matter, theoretically I guess if you didn't need xp at all you could go 3/3/3 and only produce gold

edited February 2020
    The level cap for e2 is definitely not 60

It's 70/80/90 for 4/5/6* operators lmao

Unless you have the people to keep a 3rd trading post staffed constantly what use would a 3rd one be, it would literally be operating at like half or less effectiveness as one staffed with actual trading post ops

Just because xp is only used to level doesn't mean that demand doesn't vastly outstrip supply; consider where you can actually get xp compared to how much of it you need to actually gain a decent chunk of levels once you get past like level 30

Orphane on
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    This third event map is way beyond me.

I’ll stick with 2/4/3.

If I reach a point where I have a glut of gold bars I’ll switch a factory to battle records for awhile.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I’ll stick with 2/4/3.

If I reach a point where I have a glut of gold bars I’ll switch a factory to battle records for awhile.

That's what I do. It's fairly hands off. Get up to about 100 gold bars, then switch to just XP records till it slows again. And I just burn drones mostly accelerating the orders for gold bars.

What is this I don't even.
    Given recruitments love of 3* units, as F2P you're probably going to hit a point where you might not have anything to spend exp on. From what I've seen, your exp sources are factories, friend dollar store, certificate store, event stores when we get them, missions, annihilations, daily quests and weekly quests. Sure all of us are at a point where the demand for exp outstrips the supply, but I can see how that can quickly pile up once you run out of units to level. For F2P, I can see such players hitting that point before whales; especially, if they are reasonable lucky on banners with the guaranteed draw. Also as we've seen and heard, the guaranteed draw for banners isn't always going to be a new unit. Then of course there have been comments about the returns not be particularly great past a certain point in E2. So F2P peeps might feel pressure to increase their draw capability before they even hit a point of just not have any units to level and having a healthy stockpile for the next one.

Granted, there is also the factor of how useful a unit is. There are probably a few duds that just aren't worth leveling because they are just bad, even for being used as a building buff bot. You only really need so many building buffers and some you quickly hit a point where you don't need another factory, dorm or trading post buffer. Then there are some units that get hit with the "would great if X and/or Y didn't exist and I have that."

Now that point is probably a long way out. I just don't see people going to a third trading post or reducing gold production when they hit it. LMD is needed for a ton of things, but if you've hit that point. What you'd want or need more of, isn't more LMD. It's more orundum so that you can do more pulls. More pulls means a higher chance of getting units you don't have to level. I know we have other options for factory production beyond exp, orundum & gold. I also know those options could be a less PitA way to get some things, but I strongly suspect at that point the maps for those mats will be on farm.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Hit 396 on Lungmen. I actually made it to the end, there is just a spot there towards the end where you've got the casters and a red samurai that wrecks my line, and then I have to emergency drop a couple vanguards that kind of hold the line, but a couple dudes still sneak through while I'm busy trying to triage. It still got me to 1550/1550 Org, so I'll just work on other shit for now, and try some more after the next reset.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    What makes that last bit in Lungmen rough, is that you usually end up with a scenario where you have two of those red samurai guys on your tank at half health. Cuora is absolutely amazing her with her 2nd skill. I've found having all the dps that will be focusing the main tank at E1 40 helps a ton. Also I'd argue that getting your tank to E1 50 is a good way to buy yourself some time. Plus, if any of the dps in range of the red samurai have CDs, it's always good to blow those once they hit half health, since their damage output goes way up at that point.

This third event map is way beyond me.

It was for me as well two days ago. If you haven't already, invest in some of the excellent 3* units that promote easily. Spending my resources on Kroos, Lava, Melantha, Beagle, etc really helped push past that roadblock

What makes that last bit in Lungmen rough, is that you usually end up with a scenario where you have two of those red samurai guys on your tank at half health. Cuora is absolutely amazing her with her 2nd skill. I've found having all the dps that will be focusing the main tank at E1 40 helps a ton. Also I'd argue that getting your tank to E1 50 is a good way to buy yourself some time. Plus, if any of the dps in range of the red samurai have CDs, it's always good to blow those once they hit half health, since their damage output goes way up at that point.

I think one of my main issues is I'm partially relying on Lava for my DPS, and shes just struggling with that last wave. I've got Cuora at 1E 60. Actually, all of my Lungmen team is 1E, somewhere north of 40, except Shaw/Clifheart (And Eyjafjalla who is 1E 25, but she isn't getting used particularly effectively).

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Not sure if you're using the strategy that gamepress did, but on that one, towards the end they have you recall your second sniper that is AoE. Then drop down a good single target dps to relieve pressure on your AoE caster and tank. Then once the last caster is shoved into the bottomless pit, you recall Shaw and you should be able to redeploy the second sniper and set them up so that they are face up and thus contributing more dps to killing stuff. I'll note, if you have Shirayuki, it's worth putting her on her second skill because the spinning shuriken deals a ton of damage to stuff that sits in it for the full duration and it's arts damage, so it'll help thin high defense mobs quicker. Plus, on Lungmen, if you time things right, you can pretty much have her wreck a few mobs that spawn in and stand within range of her before they even get a chance to do anything else.

• TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Welp did the smart single pulling to see if which 5star+ I would get, and I got Shinning! Together with the other 6stars of Nightingale, SilverAsh, and Exusiai I feel pretty strong.

Steam ID: TetraRay
    @Brody if your Lave isn’t E1 lv.40, skill 4+, and 50+ trust, she should be fine for the aoe arts caster spot, you may need to look at what other DPS is supporting that spot. Might need to bring in a 3rd medic for the last 10, or reorganize to get more DPS in there.

Here is an example that does it slightly different than most guides.

This is what I've got for Lungmen (I don't think I've made any changes to the actual group)

Also I probably need to see how people are Shawing casters into the pits...
    epamwecx31u6.jpg

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Replace Fang with a 3rd healer for Cuora at the end, set Texas to S1 to get faster DP for initial deployment, imo. Your levels are great, shouldn't be an issue?

The push caster strat is basically the two raised squares at bottom, put shaw on one, put a healer aiming up on the other to keep her alive (while covering the spot Cuora is on too).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    If I replace Fang with a third healer I won't have a second melee up for quite a while?

Ah, I think I was having a hard time keeping Shaw alive down there, maybe I should E1 her.

The strat that moves Shaw to the bottom also pulls rope/cliffheart to pull the first caster then recall so they can be redeployed in time.

I think you could run S2 apple pie on that front platform and pop her skill when the casters come out to clean up. Doing that you may not need to move Shaw.

Melantha is also really solid to have in the melee line.