As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I got Firewatch for my guaranteed 5-pull. Did want her so that's fine, then bought Lappland since there's no way I'm getting enough certs for Ifrit. Should actually be close to pity rate ups now, I did a bunch of pulls on the Shining banner without getting anything. Hopefully I get either of the banner pulls.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Well, got most of my base upgraded. Just need to work on one factory, a power plant, the training room, dorms and the last command center upgrade. Thinking I probably should make a dash to get the last dorm unlocked, so that it's easier to ensure that peeps get rested before worrying about fully upgrading the last factory. Think we get enough passive gold from other sources, that I can probably hold off on that. On the other hand, looking at my current maps, I'm dealing with a ton of maps with invisible units, so it might be worth getting SilverAsh up to be my first E2 and make those much easier. On the other, other hand I'm poor now because of base upgrades. XD

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    So does Ch'en get any better in the story? I'm a little into Chapter 3 and currently I'm off the opinion that if I ever pull her I'm assigning Kroos to blast "Killing in the Name" outside her office 24/7, with karaoke highly encouraged
    No, but she's a cute dragon girl so just open your heart to the oppression, state security is your friend

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Feldorn wrote: »
    10th pull Lappland, so I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Also puts me close to pity going into the Ch’en banner.

Wait, is there a pity rate thing besides the 10-pulls guarantee?

After 50 pulls, not multis just singles, the 6* rate starts ratcheting way up and it carries over to other banners. Playing around with the Gamepress summon simulator it's something like 22% after 60 pulls and keeps skyrocketing. You'd have to be incredibly unlucky to need the full 100.

This is also why singles are best here.

are you sure it doesn't apply to 10 pulls? that wouldn't make any sense, there's no advantage to 10 pulls over single pulls other than time savings, why would they make it strictly worse odds too

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    10th pull Lappland, so I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Also puts me close to pity going into the Ch’en banner.

Wait, is there a pity rate thing besides the 10-pulls guarantee?

After 50 pulls, not multis just singles, the 6* rate starts ratcheting way up and it carries over to other banners. Playing around with the Gamepress summon simulator it's something like 22% after 60 pulls and keeps skyrocketing. You'd have to be incredibly unlucky to need the full 100.

This is also why singles are best here.

are you sure it doesn't apply to 10 pulls? that wouldn't make any sense, there's no advantage to 10 pulls over single pulls other than time savings, why would they make it strictly worse odds too

It counts all rolls. A lot of gacha only value ten pulls so a pull means ten. So you have to make a distinction. I guess. Kind of like the pity counter in Dissidia only goes up with ten pulls not singles.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

(even if you weren't paying attention to JP, that second one is obvious confirmation the Ch'en banner is coming)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Ch'en is neat, but I'm certainly not gonna chase her

Her third skill is very cool though

3000%+ damage gogogogogo

Maddoc on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Ch'en's neat because she has a swiss army knife toolbox and doesn't actually fit into any Guard archetypes.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Ch’en is definitely something I’ll go reasonably deep on tbh. Nice character design and useful for a bunch of stuff.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Speaking of Guards... this game is called Guardnights right?

25uvlox.jpg

(Her Silence is now lasts 5 Seconds after an attack meaning she can now perma-silence an enemy instead of just eliminating death effects or longer cast skills.)

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I want Greyy solely because I'm 99% certain they have a Power Plant skill for my base.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Btw spot is definitely worth e1ing, not because you use him for combat or anything, but because he unlocks a 30% gold bar production base skill upon promotion

• Options
    Who's everyone's favorite Operator so far? For either gameplay or/and personal reasons. Gonna go with Angelina here. The Foxgirl has super grown on me. Sweet personality, fantastic support + burst AoE or deathlaser in game, and wears those twintails super well.

Eyjafjalla's my strongest so far, but the Fox wins over the Sheep for me atm.

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    Btw spot is definitely worth e1ing, not because you use him for combat or anything, but because he unlocks a 30% gold bar production base skill upon promotion
    I already did it, even though it hurts to use the XP and LMD when I'm so strapped for it.
    Who's everyone's favorite Operator so far? For either gameplay or/and personal reasons. Gonna go with Angelina here. The Foxgirl has super grown on me. Sweet personality, fantastic support + burst AoE or deathlaser in game, and wears those twintails super well.

I have a soft spot for Gitano after desperation/I do like her design, even though she's just not very strong.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Skadi. She looks cool, and the whole mysterious swordswoman of massive destruction she's got going appeals to me.

And she can hold most lanes just assisted by Nightmare.

• Options

Indra is my favorite 294907816085422081.png?v=1

no really i love punch characters

• Options
    @Orphane Discord images don't link well here. Especially something like Emotes. Gotta rehost.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Gameplay, SilverAsh or Silence? Character probably Ptilopsis?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    got a dupe Liskarn on my first single pull on the new banner for my guaranteed 5 star, then YOLO'd a ten pull because I'm bad at gambling and got Eyjafjalla too. I'll take it. First non-guaranteed 6-star, I probably had some pity drop chance at play there.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Thus far I think Texas is my favorite.

I do feel a strong affections for my squad of 3* all-stars.

• Options
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

Skin looks nice but if it takes away her baseball bat on her Sprite then no sale for me

• Options
    "Talk after Promotion 2:"
    MymIZ9Kh.jpg

*squints*

I'm on to you, devs...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    And with that, the base is fully upgraded!

Other news didn't get much from this eyjafjalla banner. Believe it was 9 pulls for a 5* whom I already forgot. Oh well, gotta keep to the mines

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
  • Options
    XxcIK5Sh.jpg

Ahhhhh 6* E2s take so much LMD and XP...not going to be seeing another one of those for awhile.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    XxcIK5Sh.jpg

Ahhhhh 6* E2s take so much LMD and XP...not going to be seeing another one of those for awhile.

5*s are a little more reasonable. Far easier mats for one.

• Options
    Built a team that can handle CE-5 on auto so I blew a ton of stamina and items on farming money because I couldn't even build base materials for upgrades.

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    He's not having cards stay in/on. Clearly only going halfway. Not enough commitment to the joke. Can only give 9/10.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options

I've combined him with Haze for +60% Gold Production. Then in the Trading Post I combo'd Midnight with Gitamo and Catapult for 85% Order Efficiency, -0.5 Morale drain, and Order Limit +1.

I expect tomorrow is going to bring a golden bounty.

• Options
    Top Operator/DP-Recovery tags for Siege.

A good thing to wake up to.

• Options
    g58crjruaiew.png

• Options
    g58crjruaiew.png

Congrats on SilverAsh?

• Options
    g58crjruaiew.png

Congrats on SilverAsh?

+26 atk is worth a lot of xp/money at e2

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

I've combined him with Haze for +60% Gold Production. Then in the Trading Post I combo'd Midnight with Gitamo and Catapult for 85% Order Efficiency, -0.5 Morale drain, and Order Limit +1.

Do you have any trick to staffing your base other than remembering certain people pair? I find it pretty quickly gets chaotic with everyone on slightly different timers and I end up just going off icons

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Do you have any trick to staffing your base other than remembering certain people pair? I find it pretty quickly gets chaotic with everyone on slightly different timers and I end up just going off icons

Yeah, I just have slowly memorized what each little icon means and try to make pair some together when I can. Most of the time my morale has my units scattered into dorms and I just make sure I at least have 1 icon of some kind in each room.

Also, news just dropped in-game. Looks like Wednesday is Chen banner + Chapter 5. And maybe even more importantly, a week of All Supplies + All Chips open. Gonna be real hard to do anything but just run LMD for 7 days straight.

• Options
    normally i have set "teams" of people that i deploy to factories/trading post and in order to keep them all in a row i will put them in the same dorm etc. I'll also rotate them out even if they're not at 0 morale if i have a team waiting in the wings in order to reduce the odds i have multiple teams at 0 morale and then have to put in operators without relevant skills as a stopgap measure

when you click on the operator slots in a facility it will also prioritize operators with relevant skills so that definitely helps

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Dear Doctor,

Chapter 5: "Necessary Solutions" Part 1 will soon be live on February 26, 10:00 (UTC-7) and some of the contents are available for a limited time. Please refer to the following notification for the event details.

ERiii9RUUAYa-tz.jpg:large

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Doing the G5+ as usual then dipping. I have no need for Ch'en as yet another Guard