As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ch'en has nice skills but yeah... SilverAsh, Soecter, etc. have most situations coveted already and she doesn't offer unique capabilities they way Lappland does, etc. does she?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Sorry to tell you but yeah Ch'en does some unique things that literally no other Guard in the game to-date does.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dammit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah, doesn't help that Ch'en is the only great unit on that banner.
    Also another weird starting time... 12pm EST? Wacky.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ch'en isn't actually limited if I remember right, in that she'll be added to the general pool after like Skadi was. So could always wait for her to show up in cert shop

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    The thing she does is not get used in any contingency contract over +10 and nothing that can't be done easily with other setups in challenge stages.

Being unique does not mean useful. Silverash is better as a range unit. Hellagar is better as a unit to melt a target and actually survive.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    All units introduced get added to the headhunting pool permanently to date other than Nian who was limited iirc

It's simply that this banner is the "best" opportunity to get Ch'en since she's the sole 6* on the rate-up

Also Swire has the same base skill effect as Amiya so you can rotate between the two

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Does Chapter 5 introduce a new annihilation map? Figured I should ask before I finish up my annihilation runs for the week today. Granted, won't matter if it doesn't increase the cap.

• Options
    I think it does. I'm still in Chapter 3 but maybe I should hurry up and get some more story done

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Does Chapter 5 introduce a new annihilation map? Figured I should ask before I finish up my annihilation runs for the week today. Granted, won't matter if it doesn't increase the cap.

From what I've heard, yes

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    According to my CN playing friend there is one but it doesn't come until a bit later. Still, things already have been switched around so grain of salt etc.

• Options
    Any mention of it increasing the orundum reward cap? Also did they make it less of a slog? I really wish they weren't so stingy with orundum returns for these things because they are slogs even on auto because the tiniest change in dps can result in the shitty red samurai towards the end deleting your defender, so you can't really AFK them.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I mean, there's no actual need to get 400/400 once it's finished is there? After that you just put sanity in to get red out.

• Options
    I mean, there's no actual need to get 400/400 once it's finished is there? After that you just put sanity in to get red out.

I don't think so, no. Just the 1600 per week

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Cuora doesn't get deleted that easily with her S2 and double healing. I've been able to safely auto second Annihilation ever since I completed it, mostly with 4* units.

• Options
    The next annihilation map should come with "Part 2"; which from what I can see was two weeks later on CN. We'll see if that gets pushed up or not.
    But it only adds an extra 100 orundum to the weekly thing (for 100/200/300/400 kills).

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I switched my annihilation 2 team to have 3 healers on Cuora and it’s smooth on auto, just takes a bit longer than having 1 more DPS.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I use Nearl instead of Cuora for Annihilation 2, but we just dps the red samurai faster to get through it.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options

Given that orundum returns are random. Not hitting 400/400 on the first five could result in having to do a partial run on a sixth one. No doubt that is a slight sanity loss, but the more important thing is that's time spent letting the game run annihilations, when you could be doing something else.

• Options
    I let the game run on auto while I do other work, so it taking some time is perfectly fine with me.

• Options
    Hey, forum CSS is working on mobile again.

@Darkewolfe healing guard is a solid idea. I need to build Nearl or Gummi as well...

• Options
    So here's a question; missing something that is probably obvious.
    Looking at clearing out the Campaign missions. Top one is currently to clear Challenge Map 1-8. So I go into my map, find 1-8. It's got a Challenge Mode button but it's crossed out. I have it fully cleared with 3 blue symbols and Auto-deploy is available.

I thought maybe I had to do them in order; but 1-7 also has challenge mode locked out. The stage before that is TR-9, so no challenge mode. And 1-6 has challenge mode cleared (three blue symbols and one white). I can also do the challenge mode of 1-9 and 1-10 actually has been cleared on challenge mode.

I'm at a loss as to what is blocking me from trying the challenge on 1-8.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Looking at clearing out the Campaign missions. Top one is currently to clear Challenge Map 1-8. So I go into my map, find 1-8. It's got a Challenge Mode button but it's crossed out. I have it fully cleared with 3 blue symbols and Auto-deploy is available.

I thought maybe I had to do them in order; but 1-7 also has challenge mode locked out. The stage before that is TR-9, so no challenge mode. And 1-6 has challenge mode cleared (three blue symbols and one white). I can also do the challenge mode of 1-9 and 1-10 actually has been cleared on challenge mode.

If auto-deploy is checked maybe try un-checking auto-deploy and see if that works?

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »
    Lorek wrote: »

If auto-deploy is checked maybe try un-checking auto-deploy and see if that works?

That was the obvious thing I was missing, yes. Thank you very much.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    4-7 is an exercise in feeling punished for only having good rolls for melee operators and not many solid defenders or ranged DPS options.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    4-7 is an exercise in feeling punished for only having good rolls for melee operators and not many solid defenders or ranged DPS options.

There are plenty of 4/3 stars you can use to get through.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Jessica is given free, Amiya is free, Kroos is free, Lava is free.

All four are solid to great

Madican on
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

Hi, Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Kroos-desu.

• Options
    KO

KO

DA

YO!

• Options
    edited February 2020

12F too is a solid choice. Very cheap to deploy. There are some really good F2P strategies on youtube for all of these maps.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I just made it through 4-7. Only Operators I used that aren’t easily covered by a free option was Lappland and Perfumer. I still use quite a few 3*s as they’re plenty strong for all the content we have.

My practice run was cleaner than the clear, I want to be able to just copy it if it goes well.

Figuring out the right deployment order can make things so much smoother. I can’t always have a static line though.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    A have officially won Arknights.

VsbY2a0.jpg

JbW0SCR.jpg

For those that don't have her, or haven't used her, this is the skill's range.
    JAZXIsO.png

The doomsday weapon is online.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am also not doing that again anytime soon for anyone else. Holy crap, it's as bad as E2'ing an entire new 6 Star unit in material cost. Maybe worse.

I'll just be looking out for key M1 power break points for the near future and working on E2ing other lovely operators.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Yeah that Skill 3 is basically the Delete button. Press it and the enemy disappears without a trace.

And to think Ifrit is the one with the scary backstory.

• Options
    Jealous. I got mine to specialization 2 this morning. Yeah, spec 3 is awhile away still.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    KO

KO

DA

YO!

I really wish we still had some sort of NO button.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I mean... it should probably have pants to be called warm.

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I mean... it should probably have pants to be called warm.

the jacket is warm. The rest, eh.

• Options
    4-8 down with a lot of practice runs. Still wasn’t as clean as my last practice.

Gravel was an all star to get the casters to use their tether skill on her.