[Arknights] Chapter 6 live! (Fail to) roll for Blaze~

2456793

Posts

  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I think this is like GFL, where spending the expensive assets recruiting is a bad idea.

    What is this I don't even.
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Tort#2737

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Lonenut#7991

    What is this I don't even.
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Got Exusiai :)

    Guess we'll stick w/this for a bit. Always good to have a strong sniper.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    DarkewolfePolaritieSpectrumvagrant_winds
  • ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Pulled SilverAsh and Exusiai both in my first free ten pull. So I guess I'm not gonna bother rerolling... 8-)

    steam_sig.png
    DarkewolfePolaritievagrant_windsLucedesSpectrumBahamutZEROBluecyan
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Marcus#6681 for people who want to add me.

    steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    Pulled SilverAsh and Exusiai both in my first free ten pull. So I guess I'm not gonna bother rerolling... 8-)

    Congrats. That's top tier melee and ranged damage output right away (and you get strong magic output for free, so...).

    Anyone have a suggestion for what unit type I should stick in my one support slot right now?

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    vagrant_windsReddaye
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I've slammed into a wall. I think I need to get a better feel for which units compliment which.

    What is this I don't even.
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I've slammed into a wall. I think I need to get a better feel for which units compliment which.

    Definitely play around with unit types and comps. I've gotten past random tough spots by realizing just how bulky defenders can be and how much high defense enemies have that are high defense.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Tetraray#1644 Currently enjoying the game

    Steam ID: TetraRay
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Darkewolfevagrant_windsSpectrumBahamutZERO
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

    Oh shit. This is very much needed. Thank you.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm Reis#9870

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • LucedesLucedes keeps happening for some reason Registered User regular
    i have a pretty solid core at this point, just struggling a bit to figure out what i'm doing with the last 4 or so slots.

    core: siege is the actual best vanguard. angelina, amiya, and shining cover support/healing/arts damage.
    i used my 5* ticket on liskarm and regret nothing, because my second-best defender is... beagle. oof.
    i lack good snipers, so i'm going with jessica. shirayuki is my go-to AoE for swarms.

    so that's 8 slots out of the way. the other 4 slots seem harder.
    more arts damage i have... basically haze, earthspirit, gitano.
    i'm also sort of juggling them in the free slots with frostleaf and maybe another healer?
    looking into maybe more long-term moving into different units but ???

    generally i have a LOT of spare DP because Siege is ridiculous.
    late in the stage i routinely hit the DP cap of 99. probably i want a fast-redeploy type? don't have one yet tho.

  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I just threw Texas in as my support at random, what's a good unit type to use for your support?

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I just threw Texas in as my support at random, what's a good unit type to use for your support?
    Someone leveled who is more likely to not have been picked/more niche/helps out on annoying story nodes that ask for a billion snipers/aoe casters or the like.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    vagrant_winds
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I just threw Texas in as my support at random, what's a good unit type to use for your support?
    Someone leveled who is more likely to not have been picked/more niche/helps out on annoying story nodes that ask for a billion snipers/aoe casters or the like.

    Also try to Elite 1 your support, whoever it is. Everyone gets large buffs, especially the key range/area buffs for the ranged characters.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Polaritie
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    One playthrough for Lungmen Annihilation:


    You don't need to 400 it but if you can, at least get a little bit in so you get the weekly cap up on Originium, which will reset in 1 day and change.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    vagrant_windsBahamutZERO
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    And beat Chernobog!
    I1f6Dc1l.png

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    vagrant_windsPolaritieDarkewolfe
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    My urge was to make my support a leveled 5*. But I actually have a really leveled and ranked up Kroos the sniper at 3*. I'm thinking that might actually be more useful to people.

    What is this I don't even.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    My urge was to make my support a leveled 5*. But I actually have a really leveled and ranked up Kroos the sniper at 3*. I'm thinking that might actually be more useful to people.

    Yeah, I have her up to E1-10 and put her on for now because she's just a solid turret to stick down. Once I get a 4 or 5* promoted to E1 I'll change her out probably, but not yet.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The recruitment system is definitely still set out to taunt you. I had a combination which guaranteed Nightmare, the 5*. So when I went to recruit, it invoked the "oops we lost one of the tags" and threw me a 3*.

    I wouldn't expect the game to make it too easy but grump grump.

    What is this I don't even.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The recruitment system is definitely still set out to taunt you. I had a combination which guaranteed Nightmare, the 5*. So when I went to recruit, it invoked the "oops we lost one of the tags" and threw me a 3*.

    I wouldn't expect the game to make it too easy but grump grump.

    Pretty sure she isn't out yet for our version, since the wiki page on her is untranslated still.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    And beat Chernobog!
    I1f6Dc1l.png

    does it scale based on unit power? I can't understand how your units wouldn't immediately melt to the offensive ranged units.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Polaritie
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The recruitment system is definitely still set out to taunt you. I had a combination which guaranteed Nightmare, the 5*. So when I went to recruit, it invoked the "oops we lost one of the tags" and threw me a 3*.

    I wouldn't expect the game to make it too easy but grump grump.

    Pretty sure she isn't out yet for our version, since the wiki page on her is untranslated still.

    Ah, then the boards I was using aren't useful.

    What is this I don't even.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The recruitment system is definitely still set out to taunt you. I had a combination which guaranteed Nightmare, the 5*. So when I went to recruit, it invoked the "oops we lost one of the tags" and threw me a 3*.

    I wouldn't expect the game to make it too easy but grump grump.

    Pretty sure she isn't out yet for our version, since the wiki page on her is untranslated still.

    Ah, then the boards I was using aren't useful.

    There's also definitely a chance to lose a tag anyways I think.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    And beat Chernobog!

    does it scale based on unit power? I can't understand how your units wouldn't immediately melt to the offensive ranged units.
    Does what scale based on unit power? Healing goes up for units based on the healer's ATK and of course health and defense stats go up.

    More importantly, a dirty trick the game doesn't teach you until a late tutorial is that the enemy will preferentially attack the LAST unit deployed, so put your Defenders down last.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    And beat Chernobog!

    does it scale based on unit power? I can't understand how your units wouldn't immediately melt to the offensive ranged units.
    Does what scale based on unit power? Healing goes up for units based on the healer's ATK and of course health and defense stats go up.

    More importantly, a dirty trick the game doesn't teach you until a late tutorial is that the enemy will preferentially attack the LAST unit deployed, so put your Defenders down last.

    He's looking at your unit levels and assuming they're low. Those are all 3*s aren't they, so easy elite 1 for high stats?

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    And beat Chernobog!

    does it scale based on unit power? I can't understand how your units wouldn't immediately melt to the offensive ranged units.
    Does what scale based on unit power? Healing goes up for units based on the healer's ATK and of course health and defense stats go up.

    More importantly, a dirty trick the game doesn't teach you until a late tutorial is that the enemy will preferentially attack the LAST unit deployed, so put your Defenders down last.

    He's looking at your unit levels and assuming they're low. Those are all 3*s aren't they, so easy elite 1 for high stats?
    Oh, that's the DP cost, not the unit levels.

    That's E1 Beagle, Hibiscus, Melantha, Gitano, and Meteor and all the E0s are maxed.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm currently on a quest to promote my 6*, though it may not be the most valuable move at the moment. Farmed up all the little class tokens, now I need to resupply some cash and polyester.

    Do we have opinions on the best places to throw a few bucks at the game? I assume the monthly card is always a best buy. I was also looking at the level up packs, the lvl 5 pro pack or whatever is only 1 coin. I'm wondering if those are valuable enough or not.

    What is this I don't even.
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited January 19
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    And beat Chernobog!

    does it scale based on unit power? I can't understand how your units wouldn't immediately melt to the offensive ranged units.
    Does what scale based on unit power? Healing goes up for units based on the healer's ATK and of course health and defense stats go up.

    More importantly, a dirty trick the game doesn't teach you until a late tutorial is that the enemy will preferentially attack the LAST unit deployed, so put your Defenders down last.

    He's looking at your unit levels and assuming they're low. Those are all 3*s aren't they, so easy elite 1 for high stats?
    Oh, that's the DP cost, not the unit levels.

    That's E1 Beagle, Hibiscus, Melantha, Gitano, and Meteor and all the E0s are maxed.

    yea didn't realize that was elite 1.

    I tried copying the video on page 1, but my shaw isn't pushing the black armored guys into the pit. Not sure why.

    Edit: oh the skill level has to be 4 to push them. That explains that.

    Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    And beat Chernobog!

    does it scale based on unit power? I can't understand how your units wouldn't immediately melt to the offensive ranged units.
    Does what scale based on unit power? Healing goes up for units based on the healer's ATK and of course health and defense stats go up.

    More importantly, a dirty trick the game doesn't teach you until a late tutorial is that the enemy will preferentially attack the LAST unit deployed, so put your Defenders down last.

    He's looking at your unit levels and assuming they're low. Those are all 3*s aren't they, so easy elite 1 for high stats?
    Oh, that's the DP cost, not the unit levels.

    That's E1 Beagle, Hibiscus, Melantha, Gitano, and Meteor and all the E0s are maxed.

    yea didn't realize that was elite 1.

    I tried copying the video on page 1, but my shaw isn't pushing the black armored guys into the pit. Not sure why.

    Edit: oh the skill level has to be 4 to push them. That explains that.
    Yes, all skills get a notable boost at sk4 and sk7. Shaw and Rope get a huge benefit for doing so, moreso than others, because it's a physics change, not 'just' a stat change.

    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm currently on a quest to promote my 6*, though it may not be the most valuable move at the moment. Farmed up all the little class tokens, now I need to resupply some cash and polyester.

    Do we have opinions on the best places to throw a few bucks at the game? I assume the monthly card is always a best buy. I was also looking at the level up packs, the lvl 5 pro pack or whatever is only 1 coin. I'm wondering if those are valuable enough or not.
    1 coin and monthly card are the best value. The starter headhunting pack is also good if you want to step up from there. The pro packs are literally just "if you were ever going to convert oprime to orig, here's some extra for doing that".

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I converted early on for a pull when I was grumpy about not getting an extra 6 (and didn't get another 6). Shouldn't have done that but oh well.

    What is this I don't even.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Sorry for the double, but different topic: This doesn't have furniture set bonuses like GFL, does it? Trying to decide whether to get some furniture now or wait.

    What is this I don't even.
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Sorry for the double, but different topic: This doesn't have furniture set bonuses like GFL, does it? Trying to decide whether to get some furniture now or wait.
    I recall reading that yes, if you complete a theme there's a bonus.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    More importantly, a dirty trick the game doesn't teach you until a late tutorial is that the enemy will preferentially attack the LAST unit deployed, so put your Defenders down last.

    See...this, this right here seems like important information!

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    BahamutZEROvagrant_winds
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    It is very funny to me that the words "team" and especially "squad," the default name, are both banned by the filter on custom squad names

    BahamutZERO.gif
    PolaritieTcheldor
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It is very funny to me that the words "team" and especially "squad," the default name, are both banned by the filter on custom squad names

    Most names aren't actually banned. It just doesn't accept any Special Characters, of which Spaces count as Special Characters somehow for some reason, even when the default names have them.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
Sign In or Register to comment.