Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Phalla Classic [Naughty win when the Nice do nothing]

13

Posts

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy crap, Studio 60 is being shown tonight? The universe as a whole is doing all that it can to thwart my running of this game.

    Also, this gameday will be ending tonight.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh shitz.

    I'm not going to be around tonight. Gnasty, I hope you're telling the truth. Oh wait, it doesn't matter, I'm protecting myself tonight.

    Have fun guys!

    I !vote Ardor due to his generosity in offering himself up.

    visiblehowl on
    vxsHp3F.gif
    I die evry tiem in Sekiro on Twitch
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I thought visiblehowl was just being funny with that post.

    I, however, am completely serious. Don't vote for me.

    I !retract Hylianbunny and I !vote Ardor

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You never know. I'm good with offering myself up for a free trip with the big guy to the fires of hell. You better get people to vote for me Gnasty. You always had that Mayor Quimby can-do attitude about getting votes, work your charm sir. As a normal nice person. I will take one for the team.

    Ardor on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Guys I think we should kill Hylianbunny, not Ardor.

    We have ten minutes.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't think we should.

    I know about your being nasty.

    Or rather, I know about you lying about your role, and that's not nice.

    Hylianbunny on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    What is the current vote count?

    I'm not lying. By actively voting for me you are hurting our chances at winning this thing.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh sure, nobody wants to make it easy for me to write the narration...oh no, let's change everything at the last minute....

    6 minutes from this post.

    Remember timestamped 10:30 is too late.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I have me with 3 votes, Ardor with 4

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I asked to die, I'm good with giving people a chance to play. Like I said, I've never died on day 1 unless I asked for it. New experiences build character! Plus I'm a nice guy.

    EDIT: Now you will see why I was on Team Nice! *shakes fist*

    Ardor on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    *sigh*

    Wonderful, practically everythings changed. It'll be a few minutes while I figure out something.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just say I got incinerated, doesn't have to be anything special.

    Ardor on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Oops, I must have misread my role.

    Hopefully I misdirected the naughty vote away from any potential specials.

    And since I know that I'm nice, I figured that the chance of Ardor being naughty is either 1/8 or 1/4 (1 or 2 badguys), while the chance of me being naughty is 0.

    Sorry Ardor. And I still think that Hylianbunny is naughty.

    EDIT: Notice that he was the only online person who didn't change his vote away from the potential seer.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ugh. That's what I get for not noticing the deadline and refreshing too late.

    Hylianbunny on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Oops, I must have misread my role.

    Hopefully I misdirected the naughty vote away from any potential specials.

    And since I know that I'm nice, I figured that the chance of Ardor being naughty is either 1/8 or 1/4, while the chance of me being naughty is 0.

    Sorry Ardor. And I still think that Hylianbunny is naughty.

    That's ok, Maybe next game I'll go after anyone with a cute avatar. I bet my luck improves then.

    Ardor on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    However can I be naughty? I know you're not what you claim to be.

    Hylianbunny on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Logically it does make sense from my point of view.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Of course it does. When you find out I'm nice, I think Gnasty should be next in line to go away.

    Join me buddy. The fires aren't all that hot.

    Ardor on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The day in Noel was an eventful one. Wild accusations of naughtiness abounded until one man, one brave man stepped forward and proudly claimed “I’m certain we can reason with this Krampus! I’ll go to talk with him and make a deal!” Ardor beamed at his excellent plan.

    The assembled mass looked around, puzzled at this development. Eight pairs of eyes stared in bafflement and quickly realized that with this plan at least they weren’t going to be carted off to hell…

    The Krampus showed up right at midnight to claim his prize. Grabbing Ardor, he sniffed and he licked and he tossed him into his wicker basket. With a scream of rage he turned on the assembled crowd, determined to find some naughtiness!

    He pounces towards Gnasty! He reaches into his coat and finds a dead bunny! He reaches again and withdraws a cute puppy, horribly mutilated! The crowd gasps at all this naughtiness! Such a horrible destruction of cuteness!

    The clock finishes striking midnight and the Krampus must take his leave, but his baleful backwards glance lets you know he’ll be back.

    Ardor was nice given over to the Krampus.
    Gnasty was nice, framed by the naughty.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Since I forgot to do this in FFT phalla.

    *falls to the ground*

    *A speech bubble with a '3' in it appears above his head*

    EDIT: Thanks for letting me play DA, I appreciate it.

    Ardor on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    See, I told you I was nice.

    Good luck nice-ies.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote Thanatos.

    The reason that I switched my vote from Thanatos to Gnasty in the first place was because Thanatos suggested it was in both of our best interests to not have a chance of being tied for death.

    Hylianbunny on
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote Thanatos.

    I'm telling you, he's the one.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The reason that I switched my vote from Thanatos to Gnasty in the first place was because Thanatos suggested it was in both of our best interests to not have a chance of being tied for death.
    Have you considered that maybe that was because it was in both our best interests to not have a chance of being tied for death?

    So, we have a guardian who is only going to protect himself. That's pretty fucking useless, and very possibly a ploy to get us not to vote for him. I !vote visiblehowl

    Thanatos on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You are all naughty. Naughty, naughty, naughty. The amount of naughty in this thread is obviously too much for the Krampus to handle.

    Now excuse me, I'm going to kill a kitt- err...bake some cookies!

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    After Zodiac, I'd love to just play something like this. So, many, fucking, messages... O_o

    I hope I can resist the next Phalla, I should probably take a break.

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmm.... Hylianbunny and Than voted for each other, then within a half hour of each other retracted those votes and voted for Gnasty, who we now know was not naughty.

    Seem suspicious to anyone else?

    I !vote Thanatos -- I think he is probably quite naughty.

    Nerissa on
    Personally, I like D&D because I find OCD much more interesting than ADD.
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, Thanatos seems overly concerned with his health in a 9-person Phalla. Also he used a naughty word. And he was mean to me.

    I !vote Thanatos

    visiblehowl on
    vxsHp3F.gif
    I die evry tiem in Sekiro on Twitch
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    The reason that I switched my vote from Thanatos to Gnasty in the first place was because Thanatos suggested it was in both of our best interests to not have a chance of being tied for death.
    Have you considered that maybe that was because it was in both our best interests to not have a chance of being tied for death?[/color]

    I'd be willing to take that chance. :P

    Hylianbunny on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Hmm.... Hylianbunny and Than voted for each other, then within a half hour of each other retracted those votes and voted for Gnasty, who we now know was not naughty.

    Seem suspicious to anyone else?

    I think he is probably quite naughty.
    Yeah, I messaged Hylianbunny, and talked him into voting for Gnasty with me, because I didn't want to die, and it was a first-night random-kill. Gnasty seemed the logical target, since he already had one vote on him, he was the only person at the time with a vote on him other than Hylianbunny and I, and I didn't want to die, so I figured I'd throw Hylianbunny the offer to vote for Gnasty with me, thus pulling both of our heads off the chopping block.

    The mere act of me trying to save myself is not a suspicious one.

    Thanatos on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Hmm.... Hylianbunny and Than voted for each other, then within a half hour of each other retracted those votes and voted for Gnasty, who we now know was not naughty.

    Seem suspicious to anyone else?

    I think he is probably quite naughty.
    Yeah, I messaged Hylianbunny, and talked him into voting for Gnasty with me, because I didn't want to die, and it was a first-night random-kill. Gnasty seemed the logical target, since he already had one vote on him, he was the only person at the time with a vote on him other than Hylianbunny and I, and I didn't want to die, so I figured I'd throw Hylianbunny the offer to vote for Gnasty with me, thus pulling both of our heads off the chopping block.

    The mere act of me trying to save myself is not a suspicious one.

    *shrug* I'm guessing at least one of you is naughty, right now it's even odds on which one as far as I can tell

    7 people left, I know *I'm* not naughty, I suspect that there are 2 naughty people, which makes a 1/3 chance of hitting the right person, even at random. If it turns out I'm wrong, then at least it's not me getting carried off. 8-)

    Nerissa on
    Personally, I like D&D because I find OCD much more interesting than ADD.
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Hmm.... Hylianbunny and Than voted for each other, then within a half hour of each other retracted those votes and voted for Gnasty, who we now know was not naughty.

    Seem suspicious to anyone else?

    I think he is probably quite naughty.
    Yeah, I messaged Hylianbunny, and talked him into voting for Gnasty with me, because I didn't want to die, and it was a first-night random-kill. Gnasty seemed the logical target, since he already had one vote on him, he was the only person at the time with a vote on him other than Hylianbunny and I, and I didn't want to die, so I figured I'd throw Hylianbunny the offer to vote for Gnasty with me, thus pulling both of our heads off the chopping block.

    The mere act of me trying to save myself is not a suspicious one.
    *shrug* I'm guessing at least one of you is naughty, right now it's even odds on which one as far as I can tell

    7 people left, I know *I'm* not naughty, I suspect that there are 2 naughty people, which makes a 1/3 chance of hitting the right person, even at random. If it turns out I'm wrong, then at least it's not me getting carried off. 8-)
    What makes you think Hylianbunny or I are naughty?

    I wasn't aware wanting to live was a trait unique to the villains in these games.

    Indeed, Nerissa, you seem to be making some rather illogical arguments this game.

    Thanatos on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User
    edited May 2007
    My oh my...I stumble in this morning and find that I'm the only one who's yet to vote.

    I'll !vote Thanatos as well, since he seems somewhat shifty to me. visiblehowl said he used a naughty word, and that's proof enough to me. He was also working with Hylianbunny to keep himself alive. He made a rather unusual play, contacting another player before he had any real reason to trust that player. Of course, why Hylian went along with it is somewhat confusing as well. Sure, they were early joke votes, but they turned into conspiratorial votes overnight. Hylian certainly stood to gain from the agreement with Thanatos if he was naughty himself, as it tossed a vote off of him. In a game this small, even one vote's probably pretty scary for the baddies, since there's only a total of 7 now to be had. So yeah, I'd agree that either Thanatos or Hylianbunny is likely naughty.

    Buzz Buzz on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So, since I'm dead anyhow, and I'm not going to make it home before I die:

    Nerissa is likely a bad guy. So is Buzz Buzz. If either of them don't die tonight, you should kill them tomorrow. If both are still alive, go for Nerissa. She's been playing the game differently than she has in the past, sowing dissent, trying to get people killed.

    Thanatos on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Once more the village gathers in anticipation of the dreaded Krampus’s nightly visit. They look around their group wondering who will be the brave and selfless soul to give them selves up tonight.

    ……………*crickets chirp*…………

    “Er…hey, that guy’s angry and bitter! That’s like being naughty!” Quickly all agree and the Krampus is directed towards Thanatos who is quickly tossed into the demon’s basket.

    Once more the Krampus pauses and glares around the group, looking for anyone who shows signs of naughtiness on his own…

    *RING*
    *RING*
    “Uh, let me just quickly answer this…”

    With a scream and a lunge the Krampus grabs the errant cell phone’s owner, Thorgot, and again begins his journey to Hell…only to return once again tomorrow.

    Thanatos was given over to the Krampus, he was nice.
    Thorgot was framed by the naughty, he was nice.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So that's why my cell phone wasn't working. I thought it was just out of batteries.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote jdarksun for being naughty. I'm fairly certain that Nerissa isn't.

    Hylianbunny on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Wow. Exciting day here.

    Yeah, Thanatos said I was naughty. I'm not sure why he thought I was naughty, and he didn't elaborate on that point before he died. He probably thought I was naughty because I used the same line of argument that Nerissa did.

    Hylianbunny was pretty quick to vote for Thanatos yesterday. Granted, thorgot followed suit pretty quickly, and we know that he was nice, but he could have just been tossing his vote behind what looked like it could be a reasonable bandwagon. It's probably in the naughty players' best interests to direct the votes, since that looks like the only danger that they face. Hylianbunny also voted very early on day 1.

    I !vote for Hylianbunny.

    If Hylianbunny is naughty, then it seems like Nerissa might be as well, as he came out in defense of her while not being exceptionally verbose about it. The sort of defense that's enough to diffuse a small amount of suspicion while avoiding suspicion itself.

    Buzz Buzz on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User
    edited May 2007
    So...um...Nerissa, visiblehowl? You two around? Anybody? Hello? Sure is lonely in here...

    Buzz Buzz on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Well, I'm heading out, and since there's a tie right now and we don't really know what happens in ties, I'm gonna get rid of it.

    I !retract Hylianbunny and !vote Nerissa. If Nerissa ends up being guilty, Hylianbunny might be guilty as well. My logic works both ways. :P

    Buzz Buzz on
Sign In or Register to comment.