As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need Music for an RPG scene I will be running

MonkeydryeMonkeydrye Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Critical Failures
If this is in the wrong place, mods, please tell me.

I am soon to be running an adventure that will take my heroes into hell. But hell has been taken over by an 8 year old girl. So, I was going to have hell look like a twited version of a doll house. I have most of my ideas down, BUT I wanted to get some good mood music. I am looking for music that sounds like twisted childs music. Like a plunky music box that is out of tune or off timing.

I have these sounds in my head, but can't figure out where I have heard them! I wanna say things like American McGees Alice, and for some reason Vampire Bloodlines. Either way, can anyone recommend some nice creepy music that also seems kinda kiddy? I already plan to look through my Silent Hill CDs.

Thanks in advance :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Monkeydrye on

• Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Vampire Bloodlines's Soundtrack (or mp3 files in the game folder, assuming you have it) has a track called "twisted and disturbed" that would fit the bill quite nicely. There is also a "twisted and disturbed combat" track on there that is the same music w/ a few changes and tempo picked up a bit.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yes, the Bloodlines game has a couple good tracks.

There is also the Diablo games, of course. It's a simple matter to open up the MPQs and extract the music mp3s- I've never poked around inside those specific MoPaQs, but I'm sure accessing them would take me all of ten minutes.

The STALKER soundtrack is also good for ambient creepiness, and was just up online for free download.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    UndefinedMonkeyUndefinedMonkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sounds like Switchblade Symphony might be what you're looking for. Gutter Glitter and Dollhouse especially fit what you're going for (I think, anyway.) Collide or Chiasm (who has a track on the VtM:Bloodlines soundtrack) would probably work as well.

UndefinedMonkey on
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    RavagerRavager Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Check out the album Suspended Animation by the band Fantômas. I think its almost exactly what you are looking for. Its like a really fucked up looney tunes cartoon in audio form.

Ravager on