As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited June 2020 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

mtgw9ynhy72p.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    For any PS4 Crucible Gurus, TrueVanguard has organized a sponsored 2v2 Special Rules Slayer tournament with open qualifiers during the last weekend of February:

If you can't see the Tweet, here's a link to the Sign-Up Sheet and Rules: Play My Way Tournament

For folks on other platforms, I know he's stated that he hopes to at least get a PC Tourney organized in the future, but he's starting with PS4 because it's his primary platform and it has the largest playerbase.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Are you sure this isn't backwards to fulfill the promises that have already happened?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    So after being pretty burnt out on this game as a mainly pvp player I’ve found a bit of joy in doing some Pve stuff that I never did before because i don’t wanna lfg

Two manned the shattered throne to get the badass exotic sniper

Two manned the whisper quest

Now I’m trying to solo the pit. The encounter with the curse debuff and all the knights was super tough but I managed. I got to the last encounter and it seems easy enough just looooong to solo and one mistake could set you back.

I assume I can pick up from that encounter until reset?

Me and my buddy tried to two man heroic menagerie but the modifier was blackout so no thanks.

I think next is going to try to two man any of the raids where it’s feasible

Ridiculous attempts at Pve content is pretty fun

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Now I’m trying to solo the pit. The encounter with the curse debuff and all the knights was super tough but I managed. I got to the last encounter and it seems easy enough just looooong to solo and one mistake could set you back.

Unfortunately, you can’t. Unlike the Shattered Throne solo triumph, it has to be in one full run.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I don’t think he means the triumph though

Just to simply go back and finish the Pit, yeah it checkpoints you there before the final fight

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Unfortunately, you can’t. Unlike the Shattered Throne solo triumph, it has to be in one full run.

Ah gotcha. I’m more just doing it for me not triumphs so as long as it checkpoints I’m happy

Is the triumph just solo or solo flawless?

If it’s just solo, now that I have the mechanics down a bit it should go much faster and i could do it next week

616610-1.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Ah gotcha. I’m more just doing it for me not triumphs so as long as it checkpoints I’m happy

Is the triumph just solo or solo flawless?

If it’s just solo, now that I have the mechanics down a bit it should go much faster and i could do it next week

Three different triumphs. There's solo, there's flawless and there's solo flawless.

You need the solo and flawless ones (separate) for the Harbinger title. Getting the solo flawless one gets you a cool emblem.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I don't really play much of anything without matchmaking, since I kinda just play at my pace. I decided to watch some Nightfall farming videos for tips, and some of these people are playing a totally different game than I am O.O

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Can I safely dump the baked for speed quest I have, or will I lose my ~100/150 progress on it?

steam_sig.png
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Can I safely dump the baked for speed quest I have, or will I lose my ~100/150 progress on it?

You will lose it, but there's no way to make progress on that at this point. There will be new quests to do next Christmas.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    This season really has kinda lost a little lustre. Outside of getting a few more sundial godrolls I’m running outta steam to play

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Yeah....I hopped on to get the last 6 lore pieces I was missing for the Corridors of Time over the weekend and then was like....

I guess I'll do Iron Banner...? I completed all 4 quests, didn't even turn them in, don't know if I care.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    There are 42 days left in the season as of today, which seems like an eternity. I would really like to know what the thing is that's launching next week because as much as I like Crimson Doubles, yeesh. This season is setting a new low for things to do and that suuuuuucks because I like playing this game but I need people to have a reason to play it so that I'm not the only one playing it because PvP especially gets harsh when the population is low.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Idk, it's kinda nice to have some breaks, especially since last season felt like non-stop stuff to do

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I feel like starting the "season" system at the same time as the yearly refresh might have pegged expectations for seasons a bit higher than is realistic.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have a lot of stuff to "do" in destiny, quest-wise, but what's sitting there waiting for me is mostly busy work. I have a huge arsenal of good guns so I don't feel pressured to do the Sundial like, at all.

I'm actually playing like 4-5 different games right now and it's nice to play stuff that isn't destiny for a while.
    Peen wrote: »
    There are 42 days left in the season as of today, which seems like an eternity. I would really like to know what the thing is that's launching next week because as much as I like Crimson Doubles, yeesh. This season is setting a new low for things to do and that suuuuuucks because I like playing this game but I need people to have a reason to play it so that I'm not the only one playing it because PvP especially gets harsh when the population is low.

Haha the day this season ends is the day my trip starts... So if there's trials I'm gonna miss first weekend

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Seems like time is a flat circle again and people are starting to get a bit sick of Crucible being full of Special weapons domination and Skill Based Matchmaking.

Yeah, I'd say the meta has grown fairly stale, but it'll be exciting to see people clamor for more primary weapon play and more casual murder queues again because people just want something different. Folks feeling bad about sweaty lobbies when there is a whole queue called Classic Mix and hating on Iron Banner (Iron Banner sucks cause of Power difference not because of SBMM).

I feel like this season is better than Undying, but Shadowkeep had the power level grind that this season does not. The raid is pretty on lock when you have a solid team, and other reasons for power level are minimal. So we got more play out of Shadowkeep just to boost numbers, whereas that incentive isn't here for this season.

I'm somewhat compelled to run Nightmare hunts, both for the Lore and for something different to cut my teeth on. But it's nice not to feel as much pressure as during Shadowkeep. It'll give me time to try out some other stuff or just improve at Crucible.

Idk I was having a blast in Comp last night with Arbalest, I think they just need to tune a few things to make it overall less obnoxious to casual PvP like Erentil and maybe Mindbenders get reigned in a little (A LITTLE BUNGO)

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    So, I just got into Destiny 2 about 2 weeks ago. Finally getting around to doing some of the seasonal stuff, after working through some of the campaigns.

Been fiddling around with some of the seasonal stuff. Got up to hunting down 5 hidden vex parts on 3 different planets. But I'm wondering if I should even bother at this point.

Is my suspicion that I have until tomorrow to complete the quests to "save" Saint IVX (even though he's already in the tower, I'd like to do it myself) correct? Cause I have to go into the Corridors of Time which shut down tomorrow? Or does anyone know for certain?

Gotta admit, these timed story elements of Destiny 2 are turning into a turn off for me. All the old campaigns were there waiting for me. Why's this story beat gotta vanish on me?

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The patch halfway through D1Y3 that killed the special ammo economy in Crucible (except Icebreaker :rotate: ) was the worst state Crucible had ever been in, even moreso than D2Y1.

Some outlier special weapons could be reigned in and primaries could be a bit better, but generally I like how Crucible plays. Don't mess with special ammo too much, please.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah, by "exciting" I meant "here we go again, let's not get D1Y3 folks." More just that I think people on a long enough timeline will get burnt out on PVP without significant mix-up (like Y1 to Forsaken), and the lack of strong incentives doesn't help.

Some of the outliers feel a bit bullshit (looking at you Erentil), and others just seem dumb (I am paranoid about how awful Revoker is gonna be in Trials given it is like Icebreaker light for being so forgiving). But my strategy is mostly to stop running special so I stop feeding people green bricks.

Mindbenders I feel less terrible about mostly because I haven't used mine all that much since like at least before Shadowkeep, and trying to put it back on feels weird. I guess I didn't realize how broken it was despite having a few hundred kills on it.

Jay, you were a murdergod last night between Arbalest/Recluse, and I think the only reason we didn't rage is because we were on top of the wheel rather than getting crushed by it. When the shoe is on the other foot some nights I get real cranky about the murderpotential of snipers/Arbalest. I am 100% certain that Trials will bring that kind of salt back to me as my playstyle becomes ever more detrimental in that mode.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile, all of us primarily-PvE players are like "hell yeah let's get D1Y3 back"

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I did the Bastion quest. Haven't actually tried shooting it yet. The quest was alright. Fairly standard faire of stuff to do for it and I'm appreciative there wasn't a random "Okay, now go do this incredibly difficult alone thing without any matchmaking". Hadn't played in a while so was nice to just go back to murderin' some Fallen. I think the dialog boxes from Spider may have been the longest, most flavorful in-game text in any quest so far?

What's the deal with the other exotic involving the Sundial? I had like 10 pop-up splash screens when I loaded into the game and I missed what I'm meant to do for that one. Is it just a random Sundial drop?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    I did the Bastion quest. Haven't actually tried shooting it yet. The quest was alright. Fairly standard faire of stuff to do for it and I'm appreciative there wasn't a random "Okay, now go do this incredibly difficult alone thing without any matchmaking". Hadn't played in a while so was nice to just go back to murderin' some Fallen. I think the dialog boxes from Spider may have been the longest, most flavorful in-game text in any quest so far?

What's the deal with the other exotic involving the Sundial? I had like 10 pop-up splash screens when I loaded into the game and I missed what I'm meant to do for that one. Is it just a random Sundial drop?

Not random. It will be listed on the rewards picking screen as an Exotic quest (doesn't count against your Sundial reward limit)

vq2TEKC.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Yeah, by "exciting" I meant "here we go again, let's not get D1Y3 folks." More just that I think people on a long enough timeline will get burnt out on PVP without significant mix-up (like Y1 to Forsaken), and the lack of strong incentives doesn't help.

Some of the outliers feel a bit bullshit (looking at you Erentil), and others just seem dumb (I am paranoid about how awful Revoker is gonna be in Trials given it is like Icebreaker light for being so forgiving). But my strategy is mostly to stop running special so I stop feeding people green bricks.

Mindbenders I feel less terrible about mostly because I haven't used mine all that much since like at least before Shadowkeep, and trying to put it back on feels weird. I guess I didn't realize how broken it was despite having a few hundred kills on it.

Jay, you were a murdergod last night between Arbalest/Recluse, and I think the only reason we didn't rage is because we were on top of the wheel rather than getting crushed by it. When the shoe is on the other foot some nights I get real cranky about the murderpotential of snipers/Arbalest. I am 100% certain that Trials will bring that kind of salt back to me as my playstyle becomes ever more detrimental in that mode.

Biggest thing that needs fixing off the top of my head is Lord of Wolves. At least on PC. That shit is pretty busted.

I might be an outlier, but Crucible I think is fine except for stuff that'll never be fixed (no dedicated servers etc) and Erentil's and Mindbender (and even then, as said above, just SLIGHT adjustments). Meta complaints are just that, meta complaints, and never really bother me specifically as it's the meta. All metas can get old.

As an aside, once I started treating Bastion as having a longer charge time than it says on the gun itself (760-something?), I did remarkedly better with it in Pivvip.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I’m somewhat hopeful that the eventual erentil nerf is to the crazy long range kills.

Mainly because i play fairly aggressively with mine, and if the long range goes away, I’ll just swap from my tap the trigger roll to my backup plan roll and still be fine

Just don't nerf the aim assist on Arby please

https://youtu.be/eZ8pIMaT__A

Just don't nerf the aim assist on Arby please

https://youtu.be/eZ8pIMaT__A

As a Warlock main, it's maddening that Hunters get away with pushing two enemies with nothing but an unloaded Recluse :lol:

vq2TEKC.png
    edited January 2020
    To be fair, they could have Handheld Supernova'd me anytime... They just sucked :snap:

Oh and I had Master of Arms up on that empty Recluse, so they were toast anyways

Local H Jay on
    Yeah, I'd say the meta has grown fairly stale, but it'll be exciting to see people clamor for more primary weapon play and more casual murder queues again because people just want something different. Folks feeling bad about sweaty lobbies when there is a whole queue called Classic Mix and hating on Iron Banner (Iron Banner sucks cause of Power difference not because of SBMM).

I get some of the complaints I’ve read, but some others are pretty mind bending. Specifically, the people who simultaneously complain about sbmm, having to play close matches, stomps, and running into unbrokens if they get to classic mix.

On the complaints about sweaty/close and also stompy marches, I constantly read about those as if they’re not mutually exclusive. I get it, playing 6 close games can be exhausting, but I don’t know what sort of match people want that’s not close or a stomp. You want to win or lose by 20-25 points only?

And then people who hate SBMM but have an aversion to classic. Why do they think those stacks will avoid the new playlists if they don’t have sbmm? They definitely won’t. Control is the most stack friendly mode there is, for multiple reasons.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I've long given up on complaining about matchmaking. I mostly try and focus on how we play, and whatever enemies the game gives us is what you gotta put up with. I'm honestly liking comp more than 6v6 these days, because the teamwork is tighter and more fun, but that's just me

Comp is still fun. Also no ever complains about the most hardcore and punishing of all the playlists, elimination.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Seems like time is a flat circle again and people are starting to get a bit sick of Crucible being full of Special weapons domination and Skill Based Matchmaking.

I feel like this season is better than Undying, but Shadowkeep had the power level grind that this season does not. The raid is pretty on lock when you have a solid team, and other reasons for power level are minimal. So we got more play out of Shadowkeep just to boost numbers, whereas that incentive isn't here for this season.

I'm somewhat compelled to run Nightmare hunts, both for the Lore and for something different to cut my teeth on. But it's nice not to feel as much pressure as during Shadowkeep. It'll give me time to try out some other stuff or just improve at Crucible.
    Meanwhile I'm rocking double-primaries in Iron Banner, absolutely wrecking faces at my skill level, and having a ton of fun!

I really feel like the only people grousing about SBMM are those who don't want a fair-ish fight. I get it that the top tiers are stale, but you know what? That happens in EVERY skill-based game. Hell, I remember people quitting Guild Wars PvP (the original game in 1995) because the skill-based queue system meant that they won 90% of fights to any guild ranked lower and lost 80% of all fights to any guild ranked higher than them. I think they were the #5 ranked guild at the time. That's just how it's going to be in a skill-based match. But the staleness at the tippy top means that everyone else not in the top tier gets a much better experience.

Comp was the least fun I've had in Destiny in a long time and now that I have my Recluse, it's going to take something amazing to get me to even try it again. Just an awful experience in every possible way.

26904.png
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Downtime will give me time to go back and complete some exotics after my year long hiatus, so that’s nice.

Tried to get Revoker and Recluse the other day and got queued into 2 straight games alone. cool system.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    It's a miracle, I haven't played in two days. I just haven't had the time, and when I've had even a bit of time it's been "well, I don't have the energy to grind this shit out or start more Shadowkeep so . . . ".

Also, I'm totally not getting the lore and emblem bits from the time corridors and oh well.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

Meanwhile I'm rocking double-primaries in Iron Banner, absolutely wrecking faces at my skill level, and having a ton of fun!

I really feel like the only people grousing about SBMM are those who don't want a fair-ish fight. I get it that the top tiers are stale, but you know what? That happens in EVERY skill-based game. Hell, I remember people quitting Guild Wars PvP (the original game in 1995) because the skill-based queue system meant that they won 90% of fights to any guild ranked lower and lost 80% of all fights to any guild ranked higher than them. I think they were the #5 ranked guild at the time. That's just how it's going to be in a skill-based match. But the staleness at the tippy top means that everyone else not in the top tier gets a much better experience.

Comp was the least fun I've had in Destiny in a long time and now that I have my Recluse, it's going to take something amazing to get me to even try it again. Just an awful experience in every possible way.

I have two complaints about SBMM (when it works...or maybe this is it not working?).

1. I don't want to have to have every match be a close 1 or 2 point affair it makes the Crucible more stress than fun for me. I'm fine with the traditional You get rolled 20%, You roll 20%, 60% are truly competitive. It acts as a type of release valve for me.

2. SBMM absolutely does not know how to handle people playing together that are of sufficiently varying skill levels. If we play together in a group of more than...lets say 3. We get matched against nothing but six stacks that are...umm...considerably better than the sum of our parts. I have nightmares of nothing but Unbroken hunters using Dust Rock, Not Forgotten and Wardcliff coil at this point.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I will never stop thinking "Super Smash Bros. Melee" when I see the acronym SBMM. Just one of those things. My brain refuses to adjust.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    The only times SBMM bugs me is when, like last night, I had a game where I had a 6.0 K/D (finally figuring out Bastion!), 24 kills, 9 control caps, and we only win by like 5.

I don't want to be the reason we win, I want to be a contributor.

If SBMM is disabled in Iron Banner, ignore this, but the argument still applies for normal Crucible.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    The only times SBMM bugs me is when, like last night, I had a game where I had a 6.0 K/D (finally figuring out Bastion!), 24 kills, 9 control caps, and we only win by like 5.

I don't want to be the reason we win, I want to be a contributor.

If SBMM is disabled in Iron Banner, ignore this, but the argument still applies for normal Crucible.

Pretty sure IB is connection-speed-only matchmaking, not skill-based. Unless it's wildly horked that game would indicate there is not SBMM. I think the only SBMM is in Comp, and then I think only in regular Comp, not solo-queue.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian