As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Guys it's my birthday so, legally I have to go flawless today. I'm invested enough to buy myself a new controller, should I smash this one in a blind rage.

i recommend sending a message to each member of each opposing team you face telling them that its your birthday, they'll understand and will surely dial back their efforts to make the process as smooth as possible for you.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    "guys no teabags please it's my birthday also my mom is in the room so don't swear ok"

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I will absolutely help you with your birthday wishes approximately 12 hours from now.

I will absolutely not fail at a clutch moment nope nope nope.

(Alternatively birthday Twitch stream raffle).

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Just think of all the Hard Lights as birthday cannons shooting confetti.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Jay, I would play Trials with you but you... probably want someone better? I haven't played on controller in a long time and am not 1000 LL yet. I do eventually want to start earning those 1 win cards at the very least.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone need to get the Fourth Horseman from the Quarry? It's up as the Legendary today and I could use a run inside myself.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Hey anyone on the PS4 willing to Sherpa me through the raid? Trials has made me care about end game pve

Is it just one pinnacle for the raid or multiple?

I beat the dungeon today and it dropped me a masterwork cloak which is the one thing I have masterworked already

It’s so much easier with two people than solo

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Hey anyone on the PS4 willing to Sherpa me through the raid? Trials has made me care about end game pve

Is it just one pinnacle for the raid or multiple?

I beat the dungeon today and it dropped me a masterwork cloak which is the one thing I have masterworked already

It’s so much easier with two people than solo

i think the drops from each encounter and pinnacles too, plus the one for finishing it.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I understand that the trials token economy is the way it is on purpose, so that people don't just farm everything they want and complain, but at 3-4 engrams each weekend it's going to take a while to get rolls I want unless I'm really lucky.

• Options
    Bounty farming may help but not when chasing bounties causes you to lose.

• Options
    Oops, all wins!
    y5ighgcta6bk.png

7-0 and didn't even use our mercy...

npwp5fmm7uuo.png

Feels right this was the team to do it, since we always played on Sunday mornings in D1.

• Options
    Couple things:

We busted ass, had many 4-0 cards that got tossed for semi-bullshit reasons but, we got it done in about 5 hours.

I'm a little pissed there's no flawless specific armor, getting a normal piece of armor out of the chest feels a little less exciting, especially since next time we won't get two emblems like this one

Basically still feels really badass to win, I already can tell this reward structure needs more fleshing out. And it's bugging me I'm not collecting flawless armor like Trials D1 or even Trials of the Nine... We need ornaments or something.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm so pumped! Reaching the Lighthouse is still a great feeling. I'm glad I got to do it with Jay and Booker, just like old times. Here's to plenty more!
    MMjzHvK.png
    gEJZKdll.png

I played around with a few loadouts, but eventually went with Hard Light, Mountaintop w/ sticky grenades, top tree Striker with Crest of Alpha Lupi.

Matchmaking is weird. We steamrolled the last match 5-0 but went up against plenty of teams early in the card with 10+ flawless runs already.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Congrats duders! Great to finally see us do it. Now you hace plenty of us to help you earn your Carry triumphs.
    Pennsylvania represent

I was wondering if Alpha Lupi would be good. Healing after duels seems good. But there are so many Titan exotics that I can't pick (enjoying Ashen Wake right now).

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    My first flawless run montage of 2020:

https://youtu.be/YX59KefCbAg

I bounced between a lot of loadouts, but the final run? I ran Arbalest with a Death by Scorn sidearm as my fallback. I would say Mountaintop is top tier meta, but for me having those quick Arby picks was essential for starting engagements. Whoever gets first kill is usually gonna win the game based on that initial drop, even if the enemy manages a revive they are now forced into a poorly positioned fight with you. Feels good man 👍

Basically fuck Hard Light meta, run something cheaper instead

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Couple things:

We busted ass, had many 4-0 cards that got tossed for semi-bullshit reasons but, we got it done in about 5 hours.

I'm a little pissed there's no flawless specific armor, getting a normal piece of armor out of the chest feels a little less exciting, especially since next time we won't get two emblems like this one

Basically still feels really badass to win, I already can tell this reward structure needs more fleshing out. And it's bugging me I'm not collecting flawless armor like Trials D1 or even Trials of the Nine... We need ornaments or something.

Surprisingly, our flawless run was nearly flawless. Here's our flawless run match scores. We only lost two rounds.
    5-0
    5-1
    5-0
    5-0
    5-1
    5-0
    5-0

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Second attempt of the day. Clean 7.

82e01403-8fc6-4a37-803d-11c4c8d0cc93.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=N%2F44f2XDIEKWX8XGnkPtW60NuJfyFlc4IM3xuqQWzHU%3D

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Gah hopefully it is something in the air tonight and your luck shakes off on me later.

Damn ya'll put in work today.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Matchmaking is weird. We steamrolled the last match 5-0 but went up against plenty of teams early in the card with 10+ flawless runs already.

Most of the ultra sweat lords are getting to three wins to get the shotgun into the token loot pool, then just farming out bounties until they get a perfect roll on it. So they're resetting cards pretty constantly and in theory making the earlier parts of cards much harder to get through for "normal" teams.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Managed to get enough wins for the shotgun but as a scrub damn if I’m ever going to get enough tokens to get a good roll

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Fourth Horseman get. Though only by headbutting against the LLS it was stashed in repeatedly solo. And I'm not happy with Rasputin turning off the Heavy Frame platform in there once I killed the boss. Come on, Red, there's TWO Barrier champs sitting on the chests! I had to finally just rush in and quickly pop the chests open before I got melted for the fiftieth time.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Man I've been grinding towers to get the Horseman catalyst to no avail.

I hear the lost sectors are better for it but destiny LFG is always down and I'm way too low on LL

• Options
    Connection very jittery with either everyone home in the local area or just Steam being slammed. That means myself and others are dropping in and out of matches constantly. Naturally, I must be punished for trying to play a game while under self isolation, so I'm banned from Survival temporarily. Any way I can look up how long that is meant to last? 24 hours? Shit really sucks.

• Options
    Sorry meant to hop on for more games tonight but my sleep schedule is out of wack from traveling still

I'm gonna power level my other guys up for more runs tomorrow tho

• Options
    I ran my first raid in forever. Bungie companion app LFG and admitted I was new. Got a whole crew of noobs and ended up the defacto leader

The hardest part about raids is people randomly dropping or needing you to hold on for a bit and wasting 15 minutes or so

We ended up getting to the third encounter which I’ll take as a win for all rookies

Got me to 1001 power!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I like the Trials changes. New Passage options, being still able to get loot from the chest after Flawless each week, the stat tracking, the Triumphs - there is a lot of good there.

Lack of Adept Weapons / Flawless loot sucks a bit, but being a player who may go Flawless a handful of times, it does reduce the pressure somewhat.

I would say my main complaints are the Seal resetting/having Triumphs that get harder the longer Trials goes, and how unapproachable it still is. I will be very curious to see how quickly the player drop off is, because yeah it is gonna bleed people quick, I suspect.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Posted to discord but I'll add it here:

I just did around five EDZ seraph public events trying to grind for the horseman catalyst (I've done 20 since getting the weapon, but today I just banged out a few while working on bounties). Got bored, so figured I'd go do some moon bounties exp. As I was driving through the Anchor of Light the moon's edz event was active with two folks. They had six seconds to go and had 70ish percent done.

Because I was driving through I 'contributed'. So I stopped to pick up the box because why not?

Yep. Got the horseman catalyst.

• Options
    Finally decided for no particular reason to complete some Reckoning chores since I'm playing Gambit again this season. Took my Middling Synthesizer to the max level (I had NEVER bothered to do this since the launch of that season) and found the last two Dust cards. Will eventually get around to running Tier 3 just to see what it's like.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Finally decided for no particular reason to complete some Reckoning chores since I'm playing Gambit again this season. Took my Middling Synthesizer to the max level (I had NEVER bothered to do this since the launch of that season) and found the last two Dust cards. Will eventually get around to running Tier 3 just to see what it's like.

Tier 3 is just Tier 2 but the timer is tighter.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My first flawless run montage of 2020:

https://youtu.be/YX59KefCbAg

I bounced between a lot of loadouts, but the final run? I ran Arbalest with a Death by Scorn sidearm as my fallback. I would say Mountaintop is top tier meta, but for me having those quick Arby picks was essential for starting engagements. Whoever gets first kill is usually gonna win the game based on that initial drop, even if the enemy manages a revive they are now forced into a poorly positioned fight with you. Feels good man 👍

Basically fuck Hard Light meta, run something cheaper instead

I just watched this. Thunder-crash in midflight, that guy wouldn’t have liked that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Let the record show, I went flawless at 977 light lol

Some people we went against were 1005+

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

Wow, that's... pretty boring.

• Options
    Managed to power level my Titan up to acceptable levels for Trials, if I can go flawless with him then I'll worry about Borelock

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

One of the reasons Reckoning was shit on and abandoned as quickly as possible.

Shame because as usual I feel like they threw the baby out with the bathwater. Having armor sets for different classes/subclasses that you could get from doing different weekly activities would be awesome. I think they are worried about people ever wearing anything else other than those if they made them however. IMO that would just meant they would want to add less fancy set bonuses to other sets to make some mix and match fun. Either way a missed opportunity.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

YUP!

I remember when Season of the Drifter was new and people were excited. T1 was interesting, T2 was like "Wow, this is crazy. I wonder what T3 is gonna be?!?".

And then T3 dropped. And everyone is all "That's it?". And that was kinda the quintessential Season of the Drifter moment.

Then it got really annoying to fail at it and get nothing in return so most people stopped bothering.

shryke on
  • Options
    A nice 6-3 run in Trials with Local H Jay and Twitchorz. We lost two matches early for Win 3, but then came back and won the next 4. Shame because one of those losses we could possibly have turned into a Win. But hitting match 7 was where we got put in our place again anyway because those teams just rolled the fuck out of us. But hell, we got a nice card out of it even overcoming how Hard Light is real real dumb on this map.

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Can warlocks kill teammates? In crucible I had one sliding on me and ignored them assuming they were just being obnoxious, but then I was killed while scoped with no player getting credit. I watched them after and it looked like they were leaving behind little explosions when they slid.

• Options
    I’ve died at least 5 times around a corner tonight. I’m not sure a meta featuring a gun that luckily kills you around corners is a good idea...

616610-1.png
  • Options
    I didn't play first weekend so it's kinda hard to have perspective on it, but this map + this HL spam meta is just not a good foot to lead off on. Combined with lackluster rewards for Flawless, we're entering a phase where the real sweats are farming 3 wins and resetting for God roll shotties, because some people made videos about how a good roll is basically a primary Mindbenders, and while it's good info I HATE EVERYONE and Bungie did this to themselves by not making a flawless armor or Adept guns to chase, because now people realize they can do the least possible over and over for E/Z stat padding and rolls on a shotgun. Bungo....

• Options
    edited March 2020
    So far here's my trials hot takes:

Pro:
    -Armor is sick and I like the glow
    -It's fun to play when it's a fair match
    -Guns aren't just rehashed D1, I'm liking them (despite that, I think people are hot on the AR too early)
    -theres a cutscene for going to the real Lighthouse, and it's dope
    -the card system is better but*

Cons:
    -Hard Light spam just dominating
    -Usual they combo with Shotgun so it's pretty miserable once they run out of 500 HL ammo
    -doofy Saint-14 cackling over my matches is charming now but I can tell I will grow to hate him
    -*why the fuck is the card 25k glimmer you bastards
    -rewards need an overhaul, we need more Flawless stuff to Chase and more collectibles. Shaders, random emblems at 7+ wins, ghosts/sparrow/ship?? C'mon guys this is stuff they've done before

Neutral:
    -the flawless emblem... It's pretty boring. The glow effect saves it. I want a Scarab or Kitty Kat type emblem to chase. Maybe there is one? Idk I'm a little confused if they'll be adding more Trials rewards next season? Or is this it for the next forever?
    -i like, aside from the Hard Light spam, the current meta. You can use a lot of stuff and aside from one of two outliers, I'm seeing a lot of unique loadouts in-between the stock shotgun-Hard Light tryhard build. I'm sure Bungie is watching and the hammer will drop on HL. Hopefully it doesn't take out all other autos with it.

???
    I'm taking each of my characters in at 977~ and still shutting down supers with Arby
    https://youtu.be/lcxrDxxn274
    Somewhere, my NLB shed a tear

Local H Jay on