As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Fight the good fight, join the S-Team today!

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    you know, i hate the epic game store as much as the next person, but i'm d/ling free wwz @ 900 megabits right now, and the fastest i've ever gotten out of steam is 200, fix your download servers steam :(

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    I wish they'd make a modern Wing Commander game with updated graphics.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/280200/Eterium/

From Drake curation "Blistering dogfights in the Wing Commander style, with fun nods to Freespace 2 as well. Incredible action and great developer support."

Apparently that's already in my library. Who knew? I should probably play it.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Finished Game #3

The Expendabros!

A game released in 2014 :rotate:

So I play this game. Its free. I dont like it for whatever reason. I forget it exists because the originally said it would only be available for a year.

But later I get Broforce in a bundle. It clicks with me and I finish it.

But then theres a library update and free to play games are still in your library even if you delete them. And it isn't in any folder so I guess I didnt finish it.

So finally righted that wrong, got some Broforce nostalgia, and got to add a notch to my finished games category!

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I already owned 100% Orange Juice for reasons lost to the sands of time. It's been a while but I remember it being a charming and cute little board gamey experience that was begging for a local multiplayer option that just doesn't exist.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Steam issue, apparently I already own it.

Sad to see a developer go out like that though
    you know, i hate the epic game store as much as the next person, but i'm d/ling free wwz @ 900 megabits right now, and the fastest i've ever gotten out of steam is 200, fix your download servers steam :(

I had to change the download server from auto and try a few others manually. I found the NY one was the best, me being in Toronto.

I’m able to get over 900mb/s almost always now.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Finally finished Hollow Knight! Man, this game was hard lol. I was at the boss maybe a week ago. i decided to look up what I missed, man, I missed a lot of stuff! Decided to get the most out of the content I missed out on, as I didn't want to restart a new game. That last boss took a lot of tries lol. I had a lot of fun with it, sprinkled with a a fair dose of frustration on the side. But it's still a very good game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I wish they'd make a modern Wing Commander game with updated graphics.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/280200/Eterium/

From Drake curation "Blistering dogfights in the Wing Commander style, with fun nods to Freespace 2 as well. Incredible action and great developer support."

Apparently that's already in my library. Who knew? I should probably play it.

It's still only on Epic store but I hear Rebel Galaxy Outlaw was compared favorably to Wing Commander.

Which is too bad for me cause I wanted Rebel Galaxy 2 where I could go to chart the stars, plying my trades and fighting other ships while the butt rock rocked on.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Playing Borderlands 3, game's starting to open up now I've left the first planet. I was initially disappointed that the high-quality Vladof weapons don't have quite the same shiny polished metal finish from the previous games that I really loved. Then it turns out there's a weapon skin that's basically the same thing that you can apply to everything.

7pumoetgplrt.jpg
    67aw99ljmm4y.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Talus9952 for EXAPUNKS!

jonJbES.png

I confess I usually bounce of Zachtronics games for, you know, not being smart enough. But I admire all of them for the elegance and raw-knuckled fiendishness, so I appreciate the chance to take this one for a spin. Thanks very much!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    ATS continues to get cryptic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deSCFvNhxuc

• Options
    Oh hey, the gorgeous-looking Cloudpunk has a release date, April 23rd.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Was it that one or The Last Night that was supposed to be shelved permanently?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Was it that one or The Last Night that was supposed to be shelved permanently?

I hadn't heard about either getting that; The Last Night is still TBD as far as I'm aware (although it has been for years, so who knows), and that was the one where the dev got in hot water for pro-GrumblyGizzards/antifeminist social posts back in 2014 or so (which he has subsequently apologized for and attempted to distance himself from). I've still got it wishlisted, in the spirit of forgiveness, as the apology came across to me as genuine (YMMV).

Cloudpunk has, AFAIK, had no controversy at all.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Hm. Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

Shrug.jpg

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I've put in a few more runs into One Step From Eden, and I'm getting pretty good at dying at the end of the 4th area. I've still got a lot to learn in order to both damage and dodge those third-tier bosses effectively. I also need to pay attention to enemy patterns a bit more, since they're softening me up quite a bit before I get to the boss. Still, I'm definitely picking new things up on each run, such as enemies that react to your movements, or which absorb certain types of attacks. It's a very difficult game with a lot to attend to, but it feels like I'm still on the swift part of the learning curve a few hours in.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

So I clicked through and for a split second thought it might be a city sim making a cyberpunk dystopia, and then I saw the RPG tag and was a bit disappointed. It made me wonder, does such a game exist? Is there a city sim where the point is to build a sprawling city meant to have sky cars and slums and dank dark corners and huge, reality defying skyscrapers? Make a city that was intended to directly attract huge megacorps to come and spend tons of money to build in your place? Craft custom new merch like robo-arms and weirdo drugs to dazzle the milling masses into a stupor? Crafting a city of neon and grit?

Because if not, someone needs to get on that.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Don't forget the sewer system. Because it rains literally all the damn time.

(Also, that's where the corps dump the failed experiments. And the runner bodies. Who came in through the sewers...)

• Options

(Also, that's where the corps dump the failed experiments. And the runner bodies. Who came in through the sewers...)

Oh, one of the measures of if your city is working is if the annoying cyberpunk jerks occasionally get in and steal shit or do shady deals and get into shoot outs and such. Basically, your grid can't be too secure, your shops can't be too safe, your police force can't be too effective, otherwise the city fails. You'd need to balance between complete police state and open season to keep the city going.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Oh, one of the measures of if your city is working is if the annoying cyberpunk jerks occasionally get in and steal shit or do shady deals and get into shoot outs and such. Basically, your grid can't be too secure, your shops can't be too safe, your police force can't be too effective, otherwise the city fails. You'd need to balance between complete police state and open season to keep the city going.

So...Dungeon Keeper: Shadowrun Edition

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Definitely not exactly what your are looking for but Industries of Titan might check some of those boxes

https://store.steampowered.com/app/427940/Industries_of_Titan/

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Okay so weird question. Cleaning out my Steam friends list and saw Handgimp offline for 2+ years. Saw in his profile comments that he passed? What happened?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    So since I made that last post my new graphics card arrived, so now I'm getting a solid 60 fps with all settings at max, which is nice.

3d7b4snqkj0y.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Jazz wrote: »

So I clicked through and for a split second thought it might be a city sim making a cyberpunk dystopia, and then I saw the RPG tag and was a bit disappointed. It made me wonder, does such a game exist? Is there a city sim where the point is to build a sprawling city meant to have sky cars and slums and dank dark corners and huge, reality defying skyscrapers? Make a city that was intended to directly attract huge megacorps to come and spend tons of money to build in your place? Craft custom new merch like robo-arms and weirdo drugs to dazzle the milling masses into a stupor? Crafting a city of neon and grit?

Because if not, someone needs to get on that.

Sadly I'm not aware of city builders, at least none that don't skew more sci-fi. There is Spinnortality, which is a cyberpunk management sim on the corporate level. Rather than directly controling your trenchcoated kill teams, you set the agenda at the top: invest in technologies, buy out (or wipe out) competitors, undermine local governments, and keep the board from shanking you in favor of someone more ruthless. It looks neat, but I haven't played it myself.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Okay so weird question. Cleaning out my Steam friends list and saw Handgimp offline for 2+ years. Saw in his profile comments that he passed? What happened?

Well, you sort of answered your own question there, @Idx86.

Here's his obit. He is still missed. <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Definitely not exactly what your are looking for but Industries of Titan might check some of those boxes

That looks neat, I should wishlist that... except I apparently already did :+1:

• Options

So...Dungeon Keeper: Shadowrun Edition

I'd definitely want elements of that and the Dungeons games in there, yeah.

It's sort of got the colors, sort of, but past that it's not what I'm thinking of, no. Which, trust me, I don't think that what I have in mind actually exists, either. I mean, "city builder" or "cyberpunk" is already a niche thing to ask for, but a combination of the two? I'd actually be more surprised if it did exist. I'm just saying that a city sim where you're playing essentially the mayor/designer roll and having to balance city layout, general happiness, corporate favors ( and interference), advertisement placement, and cyberpunk-style protagonists who have it "out for the man" (you being "the man" technically) in an on-purpose-dystopian-future-city-sim would be, I think, pretty engaging.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Just found the thread from January 2018 talking about it. How sad, he was a great guy.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I am the Wing Commander boy

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Just found the thread from January 2018 talking about it. How sad, he was a great guy.

He was always willing to answer all of my dumb questions about submarines.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I've now made it to one step from Eden with three characters.

Fire damage effects are very strong.

Reva's default deck starts SO dumb. Just build massive shields and fling them into enemies. Pick up and keep going.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    How much time does one successful run take? And can you stop and save?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Made it to the plains of Earth, computer ran like mud

#warframe

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is someone on this forum mors_d on Twitch?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I am artist and make custom brushes in Aseprite and all is glorious.

Finally a day off.

Soon we will purge the chaff from the wheat.

But first, a gif of my art progress
    4pqy6im.gif

• Options

I can probably answer a number of those.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

I can probably answer a number of those.

They're long and black and full of seamen?

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Bedlam wrote: »
    How much time does one successful run [in One Step From Eden] take? And can you stop and save?
    I've only made it to the last area once, but it seems like a single run will take about 45 minutes to complete. Perhaps a bit less once you get used to the game and can get through combats and menus faster. (I also tend to take games slower in general, so your pace may vary.) You can also pause to save your place while between combats, but can only abandon a run while inside a combat.

I've unlocked almost all of the standard characters, save Selicy. I also appear to be trash at using any character except for Saffron! (Also, she just destroys me whenever she's on the opposing side.) I need to get better about keeping my Weapon in mind when approaching each event, and I think I need to improve my awareness of what spells I have readied at any one time. Hopefully, this intuition will improve over time. Now that I think back to games like Rogue Legacy and Enter the Gungeon, however, I think I have a propensity for forgetting shoulder buttons in hectic situations. So I'm not feeling great about finishing the game, but it'll be fun enough to be worth it.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Dammit. So, SO close to winning a run.

I got a Blue Flame on my first level up (+.3 regen, but 3 Jam in deck at start of battle) so I immediately set Doublelift/Phalanx focus. And holy shit that deck came together. There's some artifacts I wish I'd gotten for sure, but... endgame I was hitting for like 2k+ damage on Jam Slam after my first shuffle (I had like +.7 regen worth of artifacts by the end, which let me clear jams fast). Railgun with doublecast is stupid, since it's 6x60 damage of piercing lasers in like 2 seconds and adds 4 jams to the deck, which means +320 damage on the jam nukes or something.

But I screwed up on one of the patterns I shouldn't have had trouble with and died with the boss at like 500 HP. I just needed one more nuke...

But yeah, the Jam deck is amazing when it comes together like that. If I'd had the missile on spell hit artifact I would have won for sure. (Because a proc chance for 40 damage homing missile on every hit when I'm firing volleys of 20+ shots? Oh yes that's gonna hurt). Miracle was fun though (like... 1% or less chance on a spell hit to deal an extra 999 damage, and it went off a few times in the last couple bosses).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Anyone want a copy of Bioshock Infinite?

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Anybody not have DIRT Rally?
    signature.png

Congrats to @cB557 for winning!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.