As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Fight the good fight, join the S-Team today!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Didnt wardell release some stingerless bees in the same room as a subordinate who had shared that they were deathly allergic?

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    I don't think the Star Control thing was all that bad, from what I remember reading of it. That it turned into public feud and a DMCA was kinda crazy though.

Seems to me that the Scottsman had it right that Stardock bought the IP and the original creators still had the assets. The OCs were billing their new game as a "spiritual successor to Star Control" instead of "From the OCs of Star Control here's our new game" which happens to look like an updated Star Control. Which, I mean, kinda sounds like a trademark issue. The OCs DCMA takedown was for things that were similar to the original games which is more of a "How similar are these songs?" type of thing. I think the final resolution was just better wording in the OCs marketing, which seems like something that should have been worked out early.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    Once upon a time, before even Steam, Stardock was my fav game publisher. They even had their own Steam platform! Being able to download patches from it blew my mind.

Fast forward 20 years or so, and Stardock is one of my least fav publishers, and their Steam platform got sold to IGN or something.

All hail Paradox, the new bestest PC publisher!

Their download client got sold to Gamestop. I did work on it a number of years ago.

Iirc it was humble who was bought by ign

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5meiRPJTWU

Aw yiss. Dunno if I'll use anyone other than Blaze, but still, rad. Also the inclusion of the 1/2 soundtracks is dope.

That's fucking coooooooooooooooooool.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Some kind soul will probably remind us within the first hour of the games going free.
    Probably accompanied by a "Gift Pixie" comment. I wish we had a jpg sticker of that we could post here.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    🎵Wondering and wondering and wondering
    When will the gifts begin
    🎵

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    3vwslp.jpg

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    STOP IT ALL OF YOU RIGHT NOW (even if the memes ARE hilarious) - YOU ARE GIVING PEOPLE BAD IDEAS

I came home to work to a double-keying by @Jazz and I didn't even do anything first! And no, you can't use quarantine as an excuse because I AM ESSENTIAL (*sob*) so I'm not quarantined!

But now I have Ashes of the Singularity and Sorcerer King: Rivals. Thanks, you monster. <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    @HiT BiT is a gift to us all. <3

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    But mostly to Pixie.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    As a fellow 'essential', y'all got any of that

Free time

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    And yes, @Pixelated Pixie , @Mugsley and everyone else: you ARE essential. To us. Stay safe and well out there as best you can. We love you.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    There are some aspects of Lucah that are very "the developers have played Nier".

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Didnt wardell release some stingerless bees in the same room as a subordinate who had shared that they were deathly allergic?

I thought it was a discussion between him and the Starcontrol devs on beekeeping that resulted in the resolution of the lawsuit, from memory. It seemed really odd at the time

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Dreamscaper: Prologue

F2P with very positive reviews roguelite for anyone interested

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I appear to have fallen down the Brigador hole for realsies this time. After reading the novel I'm particularly looking forward to the sequel and hoping we get to stomp fools with Eddy.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I've never played Brigador, but I highly recommend the soundtrack.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Brigador is a very fun sandbox where you make your own fun by setting up the definitions beforehand. How dangerous do you want the enemy, what kind of vehicle do you want the pilot and with what weapons, how much do you want the difficulty to ramp up, how long should it last etc... All fun stuff, if you've got an interest in not having the game set the terms, although it does have a "campaign" of sorts where the game does set the terms, but personally I had more fun in the sandbox.

The isometric combat is *chef kiss* and bested only by the soundtrack

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Brigador is a very fun sandbox where you make your own fun by setting up the definitions beforehand. How dangerous do you want the enemy, what kind of vehicle do you want the pilot and with what weapons, how much do you want the difficulty to ramp up, how long should it last etc... All fun stuff, if you've got an interest in not having the game set the terms, although it does have a "campaign" of sorts where the game does set the terms, but personally I had more fun in the sandbox.

The isometric combat is *chef kiss* and bested only by the soundtrack

When I requested a refund and mentioned it on my YouTube footage of it, the devs try to get in touch with me to make sure I tried everything and enjoyed the game.

I do believe I bought a copy right then and there to gift someone because of their quality customer service

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    More tales from the past: Trine 2 is a really great sequel so far! Puzzle, traversal and combat bits have all been given lots of love over it's predecessor. Here's hoping the "boss" fights are awful and more puzzle focuses

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Friendly reminder for those of us not invited yet to join the G&T Adventure Chat during these mad times.

Send me a PM if you need an invite. :hydra:

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    When I saw @HiT BiT response, I was reading on my phone and it was just a static image. I thought it was strange just showing a picture of Rapunzel looking at herself in the mirror. It wasn't until I saw all the "Awesome" marks that I started to think something was up.

Just watched it on my desktop. Glorious!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    When I saw "HiT BiT" response, I was reading on my phone and it was just a static image. I thought it was strange just showing a picture of Rapunzel looking at herself in the mirror. It wasn't until I saw all the "Awesome" marks that I started to think something was up.

Just watched it on my desktop. Glorious!

You need a new phone.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    header.jpg?t=1585677259
    Ticket to Ride: First Journey is free to keep on Steam if you redeem it before April 12th:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/600430/Ticket_to_Ride_First_Journey/

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Wait...is that a vault experiment revolving around gladiatorial arena combat?

If so, I have a new favorite vault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr4co6sw0Vw

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    The arena doesn't look like it was in a vault, or at least not in a functional one.

How would they set that up, anyway? Most of the vault experiments in the games or the old Fallout Bible were set up using what looked like bureaucratic incompetence and just allowed to naturally progress from there

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Hevach wrote: »
    The arena doesn't look like it was in a vault, or at least not in a functional one.

How would they set that up, anyway? Most of the vault experiments in the games or the old Fallout Bible were set up using what looked like bureaucratic incompetence and just allowed to naturally progress from there
    The disturbing nature of the vault experiments is largely on purpose. They were designed that way. They throw people into chaotic guinea pig scenarios and see how they react.

Most of the vault experiments are weird and dangerous as hell.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Also because of the lore, they can just keep making up new Vaults and make up whatever story they want to tell in them.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Man, I hope theres a proper arena and not just a one off quest.

That shit in Oblivion was my jam. Give me rankings to work towards.

• Options
    Also Fallout 4 had the arena where you get that Irish lady, right?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Also Fallout 4 had the arena where you get that Irish lady, right?
    Ehh...Kind of.

The Combat Zone was originally planned to be more fleshed out but they ran out of time (or couldn't make it work like they wanted) and just kind of said fuck it so instead, you pretty much just kill a whole raider gang the minute you walk in, recruit Cait and thats it. No arena matches or anything.

As always though, mods fixed this.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I actually made a new character so I could start wastelanders proper, but I kinda forgot to stop playing. Now she's just on the hunt for more power armor pieces, so she can do that.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I actually made a new character so I could start wastelanders proper, but I kinda forgot to stop playing. Now she's just on the hunt for more power armor pieces, so she can do that.
    You need have at least two characters for Wastelanders.

One to mistakenly side with the settlers first and then a second to pick The Raiders and eat the settlers.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    A couple of those Total Warhammer II DLC’s are on sale - anyone know which ones are any good, and if they include the on-sale ones?

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    So, I did in fact buy Motorsport Manager and have played nothing since. It's super fun and scratches every itch.

I also got a copy of tabletop simulator to hopefully get some buddy group gaming on with. Does anyone have any recommendations for particularly well done conversions in TTS?

I like almost all board games once, so I am really more interested in one that won't bug down because the group isnt familiar with the interface.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    A couple of those Total Warhammer II DLC’s are on sale - anyone know which ones are any good, and if they include the on-sale ones?

I only show The Queen and The Crone as being on-sale?

I haven't played as the Crone half, but the Queen half is a super-fun High Elf leader who's got some kickass spells and access to the very tanky treemen, usually found tooling around with the Wood Elves.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    @Karoz gifted me Borderlands 3 completely unprovoked

Thanks dude! :heartbeat:

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Ah a gift? From the old enemy...well no sale going on so this should be fine.
    g818a0cepnq1.jpg

Wat.

@Heatwave I'm floored. I'm studying for maybe my last test pre-licensure for nursing school and ya hit me with Half-Life 3 Half-Life: Alyx? A super rad VR game?

Dang. Thank you.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I’m guessing the arena thing is from a new quest where raiders capture you or something; in the footage they’re wearing neck collars suicide squad style. There’s different raider factions, one which is always hostile. There’s also some big treasure somewhere that might be in a new vault, not sure if it’s going to be a raid or what, might be a presidential bunker with secret service since there’s new secret service armor, also jet packs for non-power armor people like myself. Now I can jump punch scorchbeasts and snipers wooo

• Options
    @Betsuni is a baller and gave me a bunch of codes for Learn Japanese To Survive. Thanks dude!

This discussion has been closed.