As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When you have to stay at home, it's time for [BAD FOOD]

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    We talked about this not long ago - I was definitely given ginger ale and milk as a child. Specifically I remember my mom giving it to me when I had the flu.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I used to go to quiznos all the time, but since I think there's only one left in the city and it's not really convenient to get to I usually grab potbelly, schlotzskys, or firehouse nowadays. I kinda miss Which Wich, but basically all of them closed around me.

Subway just tastes...I dunno, worse than all the other options?

I like a hot sandwich so that rules out a bunch of choices.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I was just given ginger ale for stomach problems as a child. Or any clear soda that was handy.

This is also the period I was prescribed, yes officially, Mountain Dew in an attempt to control my ADHD. The 90's were an...interesting time.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'm a mark for Subway's weird imitation steak crumbles. Get some mozzarell and garlic oil on it and mwah

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Dr. Pepper wrote:
    Oh, shit, cherry vanilla flavor? Is it ten years ago already?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Raspberry vanilla or bust

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Been there done that
    Coke and milk is still a weird flavor

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I usually grab potbelly, schlotzskys, or firehouse nowadays. I kinda miss Which Wich, but basically all of them closed around me

I have never even seen any of these

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I've never heard of schlotzsky's, and potbelly is sparse around here, but firehouse and which wich are around

they're solid

not really trashy enough to sate me when I want to eat like garbage (read: all the time)

edit: conversely, jersey mike's has completely fallen out of my rotation now that I found a deli to get my reubens at. and jimmy johns always sucked

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    #pipe wrote: »
    I usually grab potbelly, schlotzskys, or firehouse nowadays. I kinda miss Which Wich, but basically all of them closed around me

They’re all national chains!

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Firehouse tastes like they microwave their food and its gross

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.

They’re steamed. Can understand why that wouldn’t work for ya but it’s not bad.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Has anyone else had soda gembira? The Indonesian drink of soda water, pandan syrup and condensed milk?

I thought that I’d hate it the first time I tried it, but it was surprisingly nice, if incredibly cloying.

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Do.
    Not.
    Stir.

.....Mothers know.

Alexandier on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Madican wrote: »
    I'd rather go to Subway than Quiznos

this is wild to me

Subway is an adequate purveyor of convenient calories with the bonus of """fresh""" vegetables usually not found in such convenient calories. I don't mind subway sandwiches, they're fine. They do the job.

Quiznos is actually good tasting sandwiches. Like I don't know if y'all are going to different quiznos than me, but literally everything at quiznos is better than subway. The bread, the meat, the veggies, the sauces, the sides

ok the cookies aren't as good. Subway cookies are a gift from heaven.

Quiznos focuses on hot sandwiches with toasted bread. I don't usually want hot sandwiches and I never want my bread toasted, so it's an automatic miss for me.

It’s raining thoughtcrime in here today!!!!
    jgeis wrote: »
    q4d8uijkj639.jpg
    Okay, this is just actual, regular crime, though.

sarukun on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

They’re all national chains!

I don't know what to tell you, man

godmode wrote: »
    We talked about this not long ago - I was definitely given ginger ale and milk as a child. Specifically I remember my mom giving it to me when I had the flu.

.... Is your mom a practitioner of Santeria?

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

this is wild to me

Subway is an adequate purveyor of convenient calories with the bonus of """fresh""" vegetables usually not found in such convenient calories. I don't mind subway sandwiches, they're fine. They do the job.

Quiznos is actually good tasting sandwiches. Like I don't know if y'all are going to different quiznos than me, but literally everything at quiznos is better than subway. The bread, the meat, the veggies, the sauces, the sides

Quiznos focuses on hot sandwiches with toasted bread. I don't usually want hot sandwiches and I never want my bread toasted, so it's an automatic miss for me.

I'm sorry sir, are you thought-policing without a licence? That's a crime, sir, punishable by fifteen years in detention and a stern lecture from the head inquisitor! Also you will have to sit in the blue chair!

Children's rights are human rights.
    Elaro wrote: »

this is wild to me

I'm sorry sir, are you thought-policing without a licence? That's a crime, sir, punishable by fifteen years in detention and a stern lecture from the head inquisitor! Also you will have to sit in the blue chair!

Attempting to arrest an individual making a thoughtcrime arrest is also a crime.

this is wild to me

Attempting to arrest an individual making a thoughtcrime arrest is also a crime.

It's a tough but fair system.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

this is wild to me

I'm not arresting you, I'm informing you of the formalities!

Children's rights are human rights.

this is wild to me

q4d8uijkj639.jpg
    This is just an egg cream

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Give me Coke Zero with Lime, you monsters!!

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

They’re steamed. Can understand why that wouldn’t work for ya but it’s not bad.

Don't every use like Hormel meat or something? Whatever was bought by a Chinese conglomerate.

this is wild to me

q4d8uijkj639.jpg
    This is just an egg cream

the point stands

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

this is wild to me

q4d8uijkj639.jpg
    This is just an egg cream crime.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    I mean if youve had a root beer float its the same basic idea but with 7up

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

I get made fun of for enjoying the occasional root beer milk.

this is wild to me

I'm not arresting you, I'm informing you of the formalities!

I regret to inform you that informing an informer is also a crime.

edited February 2020

this is wild to me

q4d8uijkj639.jpg
    This is just an egg crime

Edit: Super beated

sarukun on
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Soda and milk used to be a big deal. Shazam drank them all the time!

ice cream and milk are not interchangable!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Soda and milk used to be a big deal. Shazam drank them all the time!

This occupies the same space in my brain as “chilled salmon gelatin for dinner”.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

this is wild to me

q4d8uijkj639.jpg
    This is just an egg crime

Edit: Super beated

Beaten like an egg.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Newnicorns.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That 'taco' looks.... hmmm.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That 'taco' looks.... hmmm.

I'd eat it

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    In a tent tartar sauce toast lunch 11:01
    https://youtu.be/EGEFC1PTOXE
    Due to the strong wind, today I made a dish in a tent with tasty tartar sauce.
    It is a free dish to put anything on toasted bread called Crostini.
    Mushroom soup and bacon were delicious!

This discussion has been closed.