Options

When you have to stay at home, it's time for [BAD FOOD]

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Ever since I moved to night shift the only eats still open around me are a McDonald’s and village inn.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    My fry preference is regular fresh cut with the option of cheese sauce.

Five guys is closest to my ideal

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    the cheat wrote: »
    I give my customers heaping fistfuls of fries, as I laugh maniacally.

This gives me less of an image of fries served on the plate and more you running around the front of house fist crammed with fries.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I think Denny's is good, but I think Village Inn is better because Village Inn has a roast beef dip, and pies. They are very close, though.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    the cheat wrote: »
    I give my customers heaping fistfuls of fries, as I laugh maniacally.

This gives me less of an image of fries served on the plate and more you running around the front of house fist crammed with fries.

Someone tell Chuck Tingle to get to work on Pounded in the Butt by a Fist Crammed with Fries As He Laughs Maniacally. He could probably have it done by Monday.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    My local Dominos screwed up our pizza order slightly on friday night (they forgot the anchovies on a couple), and the shift manager managed to catch it just as I was picking it up and got SUPER apologetic, despite my assurance that it wasn't a big deal!

It got to the point that I actively wanted to flee out of second hand embarrassment, so when he exclaimed that he would redo my whole order for free and we could keep all the pizzas, I agreed without thinking.

So that's how I've ended up eating extra spicy anchovy supreme pizza for almost every meal this weekend.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Finally tried an Impossible burger.

Kind of tasted more like a breakfast sausage? Tasted like meat for sure, just not quite what I expected. Patty was thinner than the beef at the restaurant. That said, I probably won't order it again, as the place I got it from does damn good burgers and the beef is cheaper.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    God bless Del Taco for having a true value menu, one so cheap that you can build a meal with dessert for the spare change in your car.

I just bought a bean, rice, and cheese burrito, a value taco, and a churro for $2.72 including Los Angeles taxes. And there's variety too, they have two other chicken tacos at the same price point as the value taco, and a total of 6 burritos/rollers for $1 each, in addition to a bunch of other items that range from $0.69 - $1.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I forgot how doninos messed up as they gave me a deal for a 2l and pizza for free but I have to go there to get it alas it's far easier on a bike than walking
    Still 6 more weeks of work till I have fun money but by then my other two tax returns should arrive so I can get a bike and open up what I can eat

Still I find it interesting I have a Dr Pepper addiction yet other than the 2l I had around xmas I have not had any since Sept and I kind of want one again but it's 10 miles for $1 2L and I don't feel it's worth the walk

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    We've got a touch of hurricane going on here, so I didn't feel like going to the shops. Instead I popped down to the restaurant next door, and was apparently their only customer all night. They sent me away with, like, a lot of extra food.

I've eaten my own weight in potatoes au gratin and glazed ham, and all I wanted was a quick salad to go or something.

This is bad/good.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    For 9 grand that thing sure is ugly.

It's probably like.. $400 in metal and $5 in gems... but they're probably magical make-believe fancy gems overvalued at like $400 a pop on the initial sale by de beers.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    My kids picked out some recipes for me to make yesterday and one was these bacon roll ups that are cream cheese and a few other things, spread on bread, with bacon wrapped around them, and you stick a toothpick through and bake the whole thing. They were glorious trash and very delicious.

PmeuP9Rl.jpg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    This whole pizza ring thing reminds me theres actually an episode of gegege no kitaro about the Diamond monopoly and its hilarious

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The Great Chicken Sammich Wars have been profitable.
    Restaurant Brands International, which owns Popeyes, Burger King and Tim Hortons, reported Monday that sales at all Popeyes restaurants jumped about 42% to $1.3 billion in the last three months of 2019 compared to the same period a year before. At Popeyes restaurants open at least 17 months, sales jumped 34%.

The company's stock jumped about 4% before the market opened Monday.

The biggest sales driver was Popeyes' new chicken sandwich, which caused a splash when it launched this summer.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular

The new Mozzarella Popper Pizza adds “16 crispy mozzarella stuffed squares” to the crust. The squares are seasoned with a “mix of garlic, onion, parmesan, Italian seasonings, parsley, basil, oregano and of course, mozzarella cheese.” Plus, with some marinara sauce on the side, it can be hard to decide which part of the pizza to eat first.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I wish pizza hut didn't give me heartburn

because I appreciate their crust game

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    sushi burritos: good

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Went to a Village Inn and got a pick 4 build your own breakfast combo. Got scrambled eggs, sausage links, country potatoes, and toast. The plate was 90% potatoes. A heap of potatoes, should have gotten bacon instead.

I usually go with eggs over medium, pancakes, hash browns, and either bacon or sausage.

If I'm super hungry I go country potatoes cause they give you a ton.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I have a deep, desperate desire to order pizza and maybe get some taco bell and maybe put the taco bell on the pizza and just roll the whole thing up and eat it like a boa constrictor and then sleep for two (2) weeks.

I'm trying to not be a gross piece of shit but goddammit I wanna eat some garbage.

Edit: Me

c1a0ujd5d0qj.jpg

Juggernut on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm right there with you.

I am trying to eat less/better so I can get healthy(ish) and all I can think about is the fact that I haven't had Little Caesar's in what feels like months.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yep, same here. I got the craving and now I have a twelve pack of orange-vanilla Coke and four small apple empanadas discounted to under a dollar.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    There were boxes of Betty Crocker Mug Treats with frosting for 47 cents and I am proud of myself for only buying one.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I might try to find the Noid thing.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am very happy that it is actually kind of a hassle to get fast food around here.

The closest thing is MOS Burger, and that is definitely a sometimes food for me.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really want a Dr Pepper but I am not paying $1.89 for a 2l of it

• Options
    sounds like a good deal to me

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    3 for $5 is about the standard for 2-liters round here, sometimes going on sale for a buck.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    3 for $5 is about the standard for 2-liters round here, sometimes going on sale for a buck.

it's down party lines here--coke is almost always $3 for $5, Pepsi alternates between $1.89 per and $.99

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    damn

our 2l are usually like 2.29 +/-

Xaquin on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Xaquin wrote: »
    damn

our 2l are usually like 2.29 +/-

Same, and that's when you buy them in the grocery store. If you get one from a convenience store they are more like 4 bucks

#pipe on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    realised I cannot remember the last time I bought a soft drink that wasn't artisanal ginger beer
    (my one weakness)

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Ginger beer! :bro:
    Cock & Bull is somewhat easy to get (just takes a trip to the right liquor stores), and I can sometimes find Bundaberg at Costco, but other than buying some crazy expensive tiny bottles, I have to go without.

I don't go without, I just get Coke Zero. Which I am currently out of.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    realised I cannot remember the last time I bought a soft drink that wasn't artisanal ginger beer
    (my one weakness)

iXhRA.gif

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    (my one weakness)

iXhRA.gif

Where did you get my drivers license photo

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    (my one weakness)

Living the dream.

My girlfriend craves Coke and McDonalds on a nearly constant basis and I have to be the adult who says “no you can’t have these things because I want to die before you”

sarukun on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I'm trying to do intermittent fasting again, and the hours between waking up and when I'm allowed to eat something are making me so cranky I hate it. Why do all attempts at being healthy have to suck so much.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
This discussion has been closed.