As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's MARVEL, baybee. X-Men on fire! Black Widow in May! Sam and Bucky in August!

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    It is absolutely a fake out and Kate and Emma are up to shit and messing with Shaw

Or they are finally on the "Kate literally gets to the bottom of what's actually going on on Krakoa" plot.

I'm honestly not going to be surprised if this is what happens. Maybe she'll run into Sabretooth.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Have they ever done a "Big picture" Punisher, where instead of murdering assholes on the street, and the occasional mob boss, he tries to set his targets a bit higher and go after, like, the CEO of Roxxon or whatever?

He did kill a guy like that in Welcome back Frank

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    It is absolutely a fake out and Kate and Emma are up to shit and messing with Shaw

Or they are finally on the "Kate literally gets to the bottom of what's actually going on on Krakoa" plot.

I'm honestly not going to be surprised if this is what happens. Maybe she'll run into Sabretooth.

My personal theory is she runs into the X-men as well, but I am guessing at least one issue of Sabertooth.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I really don't think they are doing any kind of THESE AREN'T THE REAL X-MEN reveal

Like aside from the fact that these stories are pushing characters in new directions and interesting growth they have needed

Publishing an entire line of books and then goinf SURPRISE HAHA ALL OF THIS WAS BULLSHIT AND NONE OF THESE WERE THE REAL CHARACTERS would only infuriate everyone who jumped on

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    so... 50/50 chance? :?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Empyre is uh

Getting pretty bloated

Miniseries for Stormranger (Ms. Marvel's costume what is a living nanosuit and has since gone rogue), Savage Avengers and Black Panther have been announced, with the existing Squadron Supreme, Thor and Avengers minis.

Also Captain Marvel is tying in via her ongoing, with Carol becoming the new Supreme Accuser of the Kree.

Also, Mantis is joining the Avengers again.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Spoilers for tomorrow's X-Men
    Mystique and Destiny are finally confirmed to be married and lovers.

It is genuinely rad to see all these longstanding queer X-Men theories/danced around subjects get straight up confirmed

NOW DO KATE/ILYANA

YOU'RE ALREADY HALFWAY THERE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Empyre is uh

Getting pretty bloated

Miniseries for Stormranger (Ms. Marvel's costume what is a living nanosuit and has since gone rogue), Savage Avengers and Black Panther have been announced, with the existing Squadron Supreme, Thor and Avengers minis.

Also Captain Marvel is tying in via her ongoing, with Carol becoming the new Supreme Accuser of the Kree.

Also, Mantis is joining the Avengers again.

I'm not sure how I feel about Stormranger. Reading it in the book it feels very much like a "venom" but different which hey, she's compared positively to Spider-Man often, but I felt that was a little too on the nose.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Kate can't go through Krakoa gates until she kisses some ladies

• Options
    Kate can't go through Krakoa gates until she kisses some ladies
    I volunteer as tribute

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Figured Stormranger would come back somehow despite being killed pretty much entirely, like they didn't show any nanobots scurrying away or something and I was surprised

I like the idea of Kamala having her own alien costume, but the thing that makes Venom work is having a host, and Stormranger... doesn't

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

no word on who she's playing, but Gugu Mbatha-Raw is an actress I am happy to see getting work

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

It is genuinely rad to see all these longstanding queer X-Men theories/danced around subjects get straight up confirmed

NOW DO KATE/ILYANA

Regarding plot and the spoiler
    Aren't precogs banned from Krakoa because they can expose whatever the conspiracy is? How does that square with bringing Destiny back?

Also if you are involved in a mutant conspiracy that Destiny can blow to smithereens, why on earth would you bring in Mystique in the first place? Mystique's most prominent character traits are stealing all of your secrets and then betraying you for her own purposes! She's really fucking good at it!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »

NOW DO KATE/ILYANA

Aren't precogs banned from Krakoa because they can expose whatever the conspiracy is? How does that square with bringing Destiny back?

Also if you are involved in a mutant conspiracy that Destiny can blow to smithereens, why on earth would you bring in Mystique in the first place? Mystique's most prominent character traits are stealing all of your secrets and then betraying you for her own purposes! She's really fucking good at it!
    Destiny ain't back, Mystique yells at Charles and Erik that she wants her wife back.

Charles and Erik think they have Mystique where they want her, close enough that they can monitor her and cooperative via false promises about bringing Destiny back that will never happen.

Only they don't know Destiny warned Mystique about this (though her usual vague prophecies) so Raven knows what is up and is PISSED

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Haha, good

All is well

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

NOW DO KATE/ILYANA

Destiny ain't back, Mystique yells at Charles and Erik that she wants her wife back.

Charles and Erik think they have Mystique where they want her, close enough that they can monitor her and cooperative via false promises about bringing Destiny back that will never happen.

Only they don't know Destiny warned Mystique about this (though her usual vague prophecies) so Raven knows what is up and is PISSED
    This has been such an obvious "going to blow up in their face" plan since they talked about it. Even without the prophecy from Destiny, Raven is really smart and wouldn't fall for that bullshit for long.

• Options
    never die wrote: »

NOW DO KATE/ILYANA

This has been such an obvious "going to blow up in their face" plan since they talked about it. Even without the prophecy from Destiny, Raven is really smart and wouldn't fall for that bullshit for long.
    Yeah and it rules
    Charles and Erik being arrogant men and thinking they've got Raven under control only to have her fully aware of whats happening and playing THEM fuckin kicks ass

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

NOW DO KATE/ILYANA

Yeah and it rules
    Charles and Erik being arrogant men and thinking they've got Raven under control only to have her fully aware of whats happening and playing THEM fuckin kicks ass
    Oh fucking totally. I'm still waiting to see what blows up in their face first: Raven or the weird bs shit they were hinted to be doing to Moira at the end of House of X/Powers of X.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

NOW DO KATE/ILYANA

Yeah and it rules
    Oh fucking totally. I'm still waiting to see what blows up in their face first: Raven or the weird bs shit they were hinted to be doing to Moira at the end of House of X/Powers of X.
    Don't forget about the pissed off Juggernaut that's now running around with a major reason to hate Krakoa.

• Options
    I love that a major theme of the current era is
    very smart men assured in their skill and knowledge totally fucking up due to their arrogance

Erik and Charles with Mystique and Moira
    Charles with Cain
    Shaw with Kate and Emma
    Beast with running X-Force and overestimating his ability to plan for everything

It is very good at showing a lot of characters who are still, at times, sympathetic and likable fall into an extremely common and satisfying trap

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I love that a major theme of the current era is
    very smart men assured in their skill and knowledge totally fucking up due to their arrogance

Erik and Charles with Mystique and Moira
    Charles with Cain
    Shaw with Kate and Emma
    Beast with running X-Force and overestimating his ability to plan for everything

It is very good at showing a lot of characters who are still, at times, sympathetic and likable fall into an extremely common and satisfying trap

That sure is a theme that Hickman loves to explore. How did I just notice?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Well the thing here is
    A lot of the targets of arrogance/oversight are women this time

Moira, Raven, Kate, Emma Beast ignoring Jean and Karma's caution in X-Force,

Its a song he's played before but this remix is real good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well the thing here is
    A lot of the targets of arrogance/oversight are women this time

Moira, Raven, Kate, Emma Beast ignoring Jean and Karma's caution in X-Force,

Its a song he's played before but this remix is real good

Personally I would also like to see
    Legion show up and be mad that they haven't brought back Blindfold also.

• Options
    Oh

Huh

In today's Immortal Hulk
    Ewing and Rodriguez very HEAVILY hint that Doctor McGowan is trans

She got fired from a past job due to medical and legal debt

Wants to use her talents to set up black market HRT options for folks who can't afford it or are in areas that make it next ro impossible

And on the page where this is revealed she has a mug that has Captain America's shield on it in trans pride colors

Rad!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Oh

Huh

In today's Immortal Hulk

Wants to use her talents to set up black market HRT options for folks who can't afford it or are in areas that make it next ro impossible

And on the page where this is revealed she has a mug that has Captain America's shield on it in trans pride colors

Rad!!
    They should sell that mug

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Oh

Huh

In today's Immortal Hulk

Rad!!

I don't think it's a hint

"I'd been synthesizing my own with the lab's equipment..."

• Options
    Honestly I was so excited at realizing what was going on that I missed that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    that is also a pretty cool way of showing/telling that?
    I've seen some pretty clumsy if well-intentioned attempts to include trans characters in stuff in the past, and the defense has usually been "but how will the reader/player/viewer know the character is trans if we don't have someone awkwardly out them or misgender/deadname them?"

well, that's one way right there.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    Some interesting character redesigns coming with the new X-Factor series

x-factor-costumes.jpg
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/here-s-your-first-look-at-the-new-x-factor-costumes

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    This is such a nitpicky thing and I swear I know how I sound

but good lord do those color blocks just need to be a solid color and not have a very lazy gradient on top

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Those looks feel weird

Some of them feel full superhero, some them feel more streetwear, and some of them feel like that 90s compromise where you just wear a leather jacket over your spandex

Even if they're not going for like, unified unified looks, it feels like they should come from a similar place, y'know?

Also I can't believe I am saying this but I wish three of them weren't doing the gray black palate

• Options
    Oh wow

I fuckin love those designs

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I feel like halfway between superhero and casual is a sweetspot for the current era

They don't have to be full superhero all the time but are also embracing mutant fashion as a concept so they don't want to just dress in regular human outfits

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I feel like halfway between superhero and casual is a sweetspot for the current era

They don't have to be full superhero all the time but are also embracing mutant fashion as a concept so they don't want to just dress in regular human outfits

I agree with this in principle.

But like, Trevor and David there are just kind of wearing street clothes. And maybe Northstar too, it's hard to tell.

Rachel and Lorna seem to be the best mix to me (although I don't love either of the individual looks), while Daken and Aurora are essentially just in superhero outfits of some description.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    The only one I would personally consider street clothes is Eyeboy

Everyone else is

Not full superhero but is Fashion enough that they don't feel like mundane clothing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i don't like 'em

that's it; that's my entire contribution

you're all welcome for partaking in it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    My quick fashion fixes for everyone
    Rachel - switch the high waisted pants to black.
    Daken - a jacket of some sort, even if he is going to inevitably throw it off.
    Northstar - honestly hard to tell what's going on here, but I think it might be fine? I'm thinking this is a unitard with a military styled jacket over it, and that seems reasonable.
    Aurora - I love the cape, but it feels really haphazard here, more like a big scarf that has been cape wrapped. Either turn it into more of a jacket or switch the costume from a unitard into some sort of separates.
    Lorna - you could maybe turn the costume into a sort of dress by removing the cut outs if you want to salvage it, or just switch to pants and a shirt with that jacket over them still.
    David - perfect, change nothing.
    Trevor - I hate this personally, but that's more on me than anything else. I've always loved the suit look for Trevor, and there is a good purple one on the cover of X-Factor 1 that I think could work as a change up from his black shortsuit.

• Options
    I thought that was a Green Lantern promo for half a second

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i literally cannot read the word promo without immediately seeing the word porno instead.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    I love Northstar’s look there.

This discussion has been closed.