As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's MARVEL, baybee. X-Men on fire! Black Widow in May! Sam and Bucky in August!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Is Wandavision the first? I thought Bucky and Falcon was supposed to happen first.

I want to say Bucky & Falcoln didn't quite finish shooting before everything shut down, so it may end up being delayed. Not 100% on that.

It was. They've started shooting it again, so it'll probably be early...ish 2021 now

Until someone on set catches covid anyway

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    protect emily thorn at all costs

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    I'm still annoyed that it wasn't named Captain America and the Winter Soldier, but I guess that may cause confusion with the movie.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Who's ready for another streaming TV show starring a beloved (by me, your friend Straightzi) character that may or may not have a tenuous connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2jFWk6Hpfo

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Hey, part of the thread title is accurate again.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Who's ready for another streaming TV show starring a beloved (by me, your friend Straightzi) character that may or may not have a tenuous connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2jFWk6Hpfo

I mean, if we get a Midnight Sons movie out of this, Blade, and Morbius, then I'm 100% down.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    It’s the last holdover of the now-dissolved Marvel TV, I’d be shocked if it led to any sort of crossover

Could still be a worthwhile standalone season though

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Maybe they're trying again, but with the correct Defenders this time around.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Man I'd love to see a Defenders movie with MCU Strange, Hulk, and Valkyrie

• Options

Says here they're developing a Nick Fury series for Disney+

Could be cool!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    they're gonna overreach with this stuff like they did with Star Wars and half these things are gonna get canceled

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    OTOH if most of these shows are designed as one and dones it's not so bad. However that sounds like it'd be expensive long term as you wouldn't get as much set/prop re-use etc.

It does feel like a course correction away from Star Wars to something Disney knows is popular though.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Main difference is that Fiege is better at wrangling the MCU than Kathleen Kennedy has been at wrangling Star Wars.

Whether or not he can keep that up when they go from 3 movies a year to 3 movies + 3 shows a year is definitely a question, though.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fury is probably a villain when there isn't a worse villain around, right?

Like the crazy shit from Winter Soldier, everyone was completely on board with murdering people for the likelihood of them committing a crime at some point in the future until someone realized Hydra would get the credit instead of shield, that's a thing that happened

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Fury is probably a villain when there isn't a worse villain around, right?

Like the crazy shit from Winter Soldier, everyone was completely on board with murdering people for the likelihood of them committing a crime at some point in the future until someone realized Hydra would get the credit instead of shield, that's a thing that happened

It gets worse. He still wanted his giant murder machine back from Hydra and had to be told by Captain America that it wasn’t happening and he needed to get with the program.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Fury is the biggest currently living villain of the MCU, I believe

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I wonder if this'll have anything to do with the Homecoming post-credits or if that's still gonna be a mystery till whatever movie that's leading to.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    OTOH if most of these shows are designed as one and dones it's not so bad. However that sounds like it'd be expensive long term as you wouldn't get as much set/prop re-use etc.

Theoretically wouldn’t this also save money if you reuse assets from other shows, since it’s all one universe?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

Theoretically wouldn’t this also save money if you reuse assets from other shows, since it’s all one universe?

If they use Mandalorian tech they probably won't have many sets to change out other than props which shouldn't be a big deal. Keeps CGI artists busy, too.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Fury is absolutely a villain but I'm not sure how many of the writers actually feel that way

I've shitposted about it but I feel that the MCU isn't even "the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" but rather "bad guys usually get their guns by STEALING them from good guys that did nothing wrong"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

Besides Fury, Zemo, and the Vulture who else is even left? The "real" Mandarin, Soundcloud Klaw, The Leader, some kind of Loki are all theoretical I guess

Edit: Oh and Baron Mordo

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Ringo wrote: »

Besides Fury, Zemo, and the Vulture who else is even left? The "real" Mandarin, Soundcloud Klaw, The Leader, some kind of Loki are all theoretical I guess

-Thunderbolt Ross is still around and was Secretary of State last he was seen.
    -Abomination is alive, last heard from as being in the custody of the US Military
    -Samuel Sterns is alive and MIA.
    -Justin Hammer is alive, in jail.
    -Loki is dead, but Alt-Loki is running around apparently
    -Red Skull is basically free on Vormir in the main timeline, the soul stone have been acquired and destroyed.
    -Real Mandarin is around
    -Zemo is in captivity, possibly by the CIA?
    -Dormommu still exists
    -Baron Mordo is at large
    -High Preistess Ayesha of the Sovereign (and Adam Warlock) is alive and actively plotting revenge
    -Vulture is in jail
    -Scorpion is in Jail
    -The Grandmaster is alive. Maybe.
    -Ghost is around, though not quite a villain anymore
    -Yon-Rogg and the Kree Supreme Intelligence are alive as far as we know. (Granted that was in the 90's, so who knows)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular

Scorpion and probably Mysterio

Abomination

Ghost and Giant Man(?)

Jude Law

Does anyone from the Netflix universe count?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Scorpion and probably Mysterio

Abomination

Ghost and Giant Man(?)

Jude Law

Does anyone from the Netflix universe count?
    Luke Cage is presumably still at large, yeah.

Patsy is alive but in jail, I believe.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Some surviving contingent of Hydra has some Pym particles, will probably make Black Ant or something

I would very much like them to pull the trigger on Prowler

I think a Shocker (can’t remember if Woodbine was Montana or Schultz) and Tinkerer are alive (in jail?), the latter of which would be a good candidate for Team Mysterio since they need new leadership

We’re about to get Kang

Ultron would be very easy to bring back in some capacity

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Really need MODOK in the MCU still (not some animated Hulu crap).

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Lucky for you, he already is!
    He's in Agents of SHIELD!

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Fury is absolutely a villain but I'm not sure how many of the writers actually feel that way

I've shitposted about it but I feel that the MCU isn't even "the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" but rather "bad guys usually get their guns by STEALING them from good guys that did nothing wrong"

I don’t think there is a way to read Winter Soldier in a way that doesn’t paint him as only slightly better than Hydra but after that it seems like they might have lost track of Fury being at best “our monster”.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Soundcloud Klaw

I'm sure they're awful but I doubt Klaw's rap tracks make for a full fledged villain. At best a side villain that temporarily waylays the heroes.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    In a battle for the worst living villain in the MCU, I think Fury ultimately beats Wilson Fisk.

Project Insight is leagues worse than anything Fisk does or seeks to accomplish in three seasons of Daredevil.

That said, I would feel 1000% safer dealing with Fury than Fisk.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Lucky for you, he already is!
    He's in Agents of SHIELD!

no they wanted him in the mcu

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

Richard E Grant is in the Loki show, people are speculating he could be playing an older version of Loki

• Options
    Put Richard E Grant in this outfit

450?cb=20200317003300

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    In the comics does young Loki ever question or express concern about his adult form having that weird Neanderthal face.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    In the comics does young Loki ever question or express concern about his adult form having that weird Neanderthal face.

No.
    Because his adult form murders him and steals his body.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

Says here they're developing a Nick Fury series for Disney+

Could be cool!
    And then coincidentally Elizabeth Henstridge posted a picture of Chloe Bennet on Instagram and said something about "an epic announcement".

The announcements were not related. DANGIT.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I could have told you that

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    They aren't going to be using any AoS stuff or Netflix stuff going forward y'all

That was all Loeb's show and between Loeb being outed as a racist piece of shit and Marvel Studios killing off Marvel TV, they have no reason to keep it around and already didn't acknowledge any of it in the MCU stuff

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    They aren't going to be using any AoS stuff or Netflix stuff going forward y'all

That was all Loeb's show and between Loeb being outed as a racist piece of shit and Marvel Studios killing off Marvel TV, they have no reason to keep it around and already didn't acknowledge any of it in the MCU stuff

You don't think those recent rumors about Mike Colter and Charlie Cox reprising those roles hold water?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    rumours are for boomers

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.