As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bucks Win Championship Without Head Coach [NBA]

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    AD went to locker room 2 minutes into game and hasn't returned, no word on what issue is.

He’s back now. Word is a bruised left calf, as a Grizzly player inadvertently knees him in the back of the leg and probably Charlie Horse’d him.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Dame-less Blazers once again have no clue how to guard Zion.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    He’s so good

He’s like cheat mode but with skills instead of cheap-ass “spawn camping” Harden shit

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    He’s so good

He’s like cheat mode but with skills instead of cheap-ass “spawn camping” Harden shit

Imagine Luka and LeBron on the same team full time, other than the recent all star game?

JFC that would be amazing!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I fucking hate watching giannis play basketball. Dude commits offensive fouls on every play, driving right into people’s chest 100% out of control and then gets bailed out with a foul over and over.

It’s just the worst basketball.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I fucking hate watching giannis play basketball. Dude commits offensive fouls on every play, driving right into people’s chest 100% out of control and then gets bailed out with a foul over and over.

It’s just the worst basketball.

I've pretty much decided when the Celtics play him or Houston to just skip the game. The foul calls are a valid strategy but miserable to watch.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    The late game calls in this Celtics Lakers game are pretty awful.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    The late game calls in this Celtics Lakers game are pretty awful.

It was terrible. LeBron complained all day without any punishment, Celtics coach said one sentence and they called a technical with ten seconds left. It was nearly unwatchable at the end and completely muddied who played better because the refs interfered with nearly every play.

• Options
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    I can’t believe it took me this long to realize Pete Buttigieg and Brad Stevens are the same person

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    I can’t believe it took me this long to realize Pete Buttigieg and Brad Stevens are the same person

Oh man! I guess that means the CIA has plants in the NBA too?! So many things are starting to make a lot more sense.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Is this thread still broken for everyone else, too? If so can we get a new one?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I didn't know Michael Jordan was actually capable of making fun of himself.

I'm impressed

• Options
    edited February 2020
    ugh.

the one chance the sixers had to do anything in the playoffs was to run the table against this bad schedule they have at the end of the season and sneak into a decent seed. without simmons they don't really have a shot at that i don't think. thx all star game.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Hawks on a winning streak

rise up

• Options
  • Options
    ugh.

the one chance the sixers had to do anything in the playoffs was to run the table against this bad schedule they have at the end of the season and sneak into a decent seed. without simmons they don't really have a shot at that i don't think. thx all star game.

But you've always talked about how awful and useless Simmons is. Surely this can't be THAT much of a problem, right?

• Options
    burbo wrote: »
    ugh.

But you've always talked about how awful and useless Simmons is. Surely this can't be THAT much of a problem, right?

Har har. While I think the Sixers would be much better with a great wing in place of Simmons because him and Embiid have trouble being on the floor at the same time, the alternative is 25 minutes of Raul Neto a night and it’s extremely painful.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    So, with the wins over Portland and Golden State, the Pelicans are only 3 games out of 8th place. Question now is - go all in and go for that 8th seed to be swept in the first round or start tanking.

I hate this draft system. I hate that people are incentivised to lose games. And seeing as Zion is that good, I would love for the Pelicans to go all in and try to make the playoffs, no matter if its a first round matchup against the Lakers or not.

• Options
    What's it to go all in? Trade deadline has already passed. There's no real "all in" to go, imo, it's just trying to win games vs lose them.

For the pelicans, I see no good reason to avoid the playoffs. There's not much difference for the draft position in a weak draft, and a sweep is no foregone conclusion in my eye.

• Options
    What's it to go all in? Trade deadline has already passed. There's no real "all in" to go, imo, it's just trying to win games vs lose them.

For the pelicans, I see no good reason to avoid the playoffs. There's not much difference for the draft position in a weak draft, and a sweep is no foregone conclusion in my eye.

Draft lottery...a tiny, but non-zero chance to get a top-3 pick

That being said I agree with you though. Much better to get Ingram and Zion that playoff experience than go for a tiny chance in a weak draft.

• Options
    I also can’t believe I just now learned that Pete Buttigieg and Brad Stevens went as each other for Halloween

Or is that the joke- by being themselves, they were in costume as the other?

This makes me reconsider my affinity for Stevens...

• Options
    I know that a sweep is no foregone conclusion, but a first round exit is way more likely than an upset. Playoffs means, no lottery pick - is this draft considered weak? I have no idea, I don't follow college basketball that much if at all. If its weak, yeah, going for the playoffs doesn't harm them that much and it gives Zion and the others playoff experience even with a first round exit.

On the other hand, we have teams seen tanking seasons after way less than their star player not playing for the first half of it.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    He’s so good

Imagine Luka and LeBron on the same team full time, other than the recent all star game?

JFC that would be amazing!

I'm already looking forward to Ja and Zion running the floor for the Olympic team in 2024.

• Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    I know that a sweep is no foregone conclusion, but a first round exit is way more likely than an upset. Playoffs means, no lottery pick - is this draft considered weak? I have no idea, I don't follow college basketball that much if at all. If its weak, yeah, going for the playoffs doesn't harm them that much and it gives Zion and the others playoff experience even with a first round exit.

On the other hand, we have teams seen tanking seasons after way less than their star player not playing for the first half of it.

The Pels already have*:
    1 guy taken 1st
    2 guys taken 2nd (Ball and Ingram)
    2 guys taken 3rd (Favors and Okafor)

IMO those top 3 need to focus on learning how to win

* 4 dookies yuck

• Options
    I want Portland to make a run at the 8th seed but then again it's a deathtrap having to face the Lakers (if healthy).

• Options

You say "no lottery pick" but what that actually means is getting, like, the 16th pick instead of the 13th. Not worth teaching all of your players that losing is good, actually, because they suck too much to build around.

• Options
    I honestly don't see the Lakers as some kind of juggernaut, honestly. Maybe im alone in that, they are the west favorite I suppose. Still, I'd be mildly surprised if they swept anyone, and only moderately surprised if they lost in the second round.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I feel like, if they're healthy, the Lakers have the potential to just murder people in the playoffs. Motivated playoff LeBron plus AD, with the "do it for Kobe" narrative behind them? That sounds pretty rough!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Yeah at first I was like “the real juggernaut is Milwaukee the Lakers look vulnerable” then I remembered playoff Lebron

Playoff Lebron who is NBA assist leader Lebron in his 15th season

Edit: now I’m thinking I don’t want a Pels/Lakers matchup cause the stupid ass takes about AD and Lonzo, or the forced comparisons of Lebron and Zion would drive me crazy

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2020

You say "no lottery pick" but what that actually means is getting, like, the 16th pick instead of the 13th. Not worth teaching all of your players that losing is good, actually, because they suck too much to build around.

Yeah, thats true. So I guess the Pels will try to go to the playoffs :).

EDIT: And now something completely different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Y8eaFH8AY

I just ran across this clip on YouTube and that show. Its great. Matt Barnes can really talk to people. I have watched a bit of the other shows now and I really like it.

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I honestly don't see the Lakers as some kind of juggernaut, honestly. Maybe im alone in that, they are the west favorite I suppose. Still, I'd be mildly surprised if they swept anyone, and only moderately surprised if they lost in the second round.

The Clippers are their biggest threat and arguably have a better roster if healthy and clicking. But if they can't keep all their stars on the floor then I think the West is the Lakers to lose.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.