As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's talk CHESS

13»

• Options
    PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I've been falling into the chess rabit hole a bit, playing mostly bot games for now. I feel like I mostly understand the opening, have a few lines I'm super comfortable with + mostly understand the general idea of how I should develop/what I should be looking out for.

Good fucking god I suck at tactics and running into obvious blunders though; I have not seen an advantage that I can't play into a loss.

Dude, let's play!

I'm Phaserlight on Lichess and Chess.com. Challenge me to a correspondence game, or just hit that link up thread.

I'd even be up for a 30 minute time control game, but scheduling might be a bit difficult.

...same goes for anyone reading.

Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I played a match against Chess.com's Jimmy AI and I won even though he kept calling my moves inaccuracies.

Your face is inaccurate, Jimmy.

I think this makes me a grand master and I will now retire.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

hikaru is a massive troll

the man popularized the bongcloud attack and played it in masters tournaments

Level 3,000

https://youtu.be/rE58lPy2gGk

• Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Something i am also curious about is does chess turn anime at a certain point

Edit:
    Thanks for the chess link btw, i will check it out during the weekends

That scene from the first episode of The Queen's Gambit where she fights the entire chess club simultaneously is pretty anime.