C'mon chummers we're going on a Shadow[chat]

14344464849100

Posts

  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I keep forgetting how long it takes to roast peppers in the oven.

    don't give the peppers a chance to roast you, they are brutal

    I sent them to sleep with the fishes

  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh my god. Usually when I post I somehow end up with totp, but this time.. nope! botp! Bah. I don't wanna spam people though.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    I've delivered DoorDash to this guy 4 times, I'm pretty sure I've never delivered to anyone else even twice. It must be destiny

    You do the doordash delivery thing? Is it true they don't give you the tips if people tip digitally?
    Nah we get the tips. What is fuzzy about it is that there are two parts of the pay: doordash's pay and the tip. When someone declines the order DoorDash raises their pay so the next person is more likely to accept it. So if you tip $10 and you live a mile away, the first person to see it is going to accept it. If you tip $1 it'll probably get rejected until DoorDash raises their pay enough to compensate. This kind of system needs to exist for them to be able to guarantee someone takes the order eventually, when as independent contractors they cannot punish drivers for refusing orders. I have a 20% acceptance rate because so many of the orders are bad. So in a sense you're subsidizing DoorDash when you tip in the app, but you also want someone bring your food in a reasonable amount of time

    s586cu2r93hr.gif
    Kana
  • SarksusSarksus Paul Atreides holding a pugRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Hey, evening crew! Your turn!
    Athenor wrote: »
    Winky

    Hoi, Chummer!


    LET'S DO THIS!

    BOOK TITLE. PAGE. I reserve the right to say no. Please @ me in your request so I don't have to read every post.


    (Please be gentle I'm a fatass and just using a cell phone camera. Also ignore the mess.)

    ZTpfGP9h.jpg

    eGnGRFXh.jpg

    j4GLz0oh.jpg

    cxw5vLeh.jpg

    iwHCDXZh.jpg

    lE7YCAoh.jpg

    SXxyd2Eh.jpg

    T3s4nN6h.jpg

    N6UT8dxh.jpg

    W2P7Npv.gif

    AthenorzepherinSurfpossum
  • SarksusSarksus Paul Atreides holding a pugRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    I've delivered DoorDash to this guy 4 times, I'm pretty sure I've never delivered to anyone else even twice. It must be destiny

    You do the doordash delivery thing? Is it true they don't give you the tips if people tip digitally?
    Nah we get the tips. What is fuzzy about it is that there are two parts of the pay: doordash's pay and the tip. When someone declines the order DoorDash raises their pay so the next person is more likely to accept it. So if you tip $10 and you live a mile away, the first person to see it is going to accept it. If you tip $1 it'll probably get rejected until DoorDash raises their pay enough to compensate. This kind of system needs to exist for them to be able to guarantee someone takes the order eventually, when as independent contractors they cannot punish drivers for refusing orders. I have a 20% acceptance rate because so many of the orders are bad. So in a sense you're subsidizing DoorDash when you tip in the app, but you also want someone bring your food in a reasonable amount of time

    this just sounds like bitcoin

  • BurnageBurnage irregular Registered User regular
    Holy shit Athenor.

    AthenorBlameless ClericTuminspool32Havelock2.0Rear Admiral Choco
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yeah I'll have another, @Athenor.
    Jet Set(?), page 77.

    ikzpt6vtahzi.png
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I'm confused about what this is, Athenor, but I'm still impressed bc I like books

    Orphane wrote: »

    one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

    I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    zepherin
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Yeah I'll have another, "Athenor".
    Jet Set(?), page 77.

    @cB557

    7PPWlB2h.jpg?1

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    cB557spool32Eddy
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I'm confused about what this is, Athenor, but I'm still impressed bc I like books

    name one of those books and a page, and he'll post that page. They're all Shadowrun source books.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Blameless Clericzepherin
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm confused about what this is, Athenor, but I'm still impressed bc I like books

    This is my complete collection of Shadowrun books, laid out so you can see the covers instead of the spines.

    I thought it would be fun for people to call out random pages and I show what's in them, to honor the OP of this chat.


    I'm also thinking I might do this again in the future with my next chat, which if I get selected will be called "Shadow[chat] Returns"

    (Shadowrun is my favorite RPG and I know a few of the writers.)

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    Crimson KingBlameless Cleric
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Athenor Denver (blue) pg 30.

    03x29di.png
  • milskimilski UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ Registered User regular
    The Sonic movie was... actually pretty good?

    You can't write me off like that! You're just a voice, pal! You don't know a DAMN THING ABOUT RACING!!
    spool32
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Both times I used doordash I tipped OK, got a driver immediately and then they had to wait for food to be ready. It seems like they cant possibly come out ahead and the scheduling algorithm is broken? I got some promo credit and used that, I dont know if I would again

    I feel bad having someone spend 10 minutes for what seems like $2 too.

  • BurnageBurnage irregular Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    The Sonic movie was... actually pretty good?

    I refuse to believe this

    TuminAuralynx
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I'm confused about what this is, Athenor, but I'm still impressed bc I like books

    name one of those books and a page, and he'll post that page. They're all Shadowrun source books.

    I feel like this ends with a troll smashing down Athenor's door in some kind of copyright-related dispute, but it's good fun until the corporate security team shows up!

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Athenor Denver (blue) pg 30.

    Ooh, adventurous!

    And because you did that, I'll give you a bonus.

    awxTYiVh.jpg

    LM61ifOh.jpg

    LJZE2uHh.jpg

    Unfortunately, page 30 was a little bland.

    DnZtGjYh.jpg

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    cB557Mazzyx
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @Mazzyx

    ^^^

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also @Athenor you should tweet those at Jordan Weisman. I think he would appreciate it.

    03x29di.png
    Athenor
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    cB557VishNubMazzyxzepherinSnicketysnick
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I'm confused about what this is, Athenor, but I'm still impressed bc I like books

    name one of those books and a page, and he'll post that page. They're all Shadowrun source books.

    I feel like this ends with a troll smashing down Athenor's door in some kind of copyright-related dispute, but it's good fun until the corporate security team shows up!

    Most of these are out there in pennies-cheap PDFs. So far no one's requested a book by Catalyst, let alone one in active print.

    ... and I think the guys who make Shadowrun would play along, knowing them. :D

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    Hahnsoo1
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I keep forgetting how long it takes to roast peppers in the oven.

    don't give the peppers a chance to roast you, they are brutal

    I sent them to sleep with the fishes

    Don’t litter :(

    Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    wandering
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I'm confused about what this is, Athenor, but I'm still impressed bc I like books

    name one of those books and a page, and he'll post that page. They're all Shadowrun source books.

    I feel like this ends with a troll smashing down Athenor's door in some kind of copyright-related dispute, but it's good fun until the corporate security team shows up!

    Most of these are out there in pennies-cheap PDFs. So far no one's requested a book by Catalyst, let alone one in active print.

    ... and I think the guys who make Shadowrun would play along, knowing them. :D

    @Athenor Clearly I can only bolster my argument by demanding Conspiracy Theories, p 93!

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular

    YtsKgL9.png
    Eddy
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited February 15
    We are making Marcella Hazan’s tomato sauce which is literally just a can of San Marzanos, a onion cut in half (then removed after cooking), butter, and salt.

    I am skeptical, but I definitely respect the commitment to simplicity and am prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

    Edit: c1m6o2v5g0o7.jpeg


    VishNub on
    Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    AresProphetwanderingChanusArchMrMister
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Happy Palpatine’s Day everyone

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    wandering
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I'm confused about what this is, Athenor, but I'm still impressed bc I like books

    name one of those books and a page, and he'll post that page. They're all Shadowrun source books.

    I feel like this ends with a troll smashing down Athenor's door in some kind of copyright-related dispute, but it's good fun until the corporate security team shows up!

    Most of these are out there in pennies-cheap PDFs. So far no one's requested a book by Catalyst, let alone one in active print.

    ... and I think the guys who make Shadowrun would play along, knowing them. :D

    Athenor Clearly I can only bolster my argument by demanding Conspiracy Theories, p 93!

    I need to find my fill lights.

    @Auralynx

    z6EkPbIh.jpg

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    cB557
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ... Shit. That page was about London and conspiracy theories.

    I think I just posted alt-history politics in chat.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... Shit. That page was about London and conspiracy theories.

    I think I just posted alt-history politics in chat.

    :winky:

    Bet you thought it was safe because it was just text, huh?

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


    Athenor
  • SarksusSarksus Paul Atreides holding a pugRegistered User regular
    e4tgf02iql88.png

    jeremy clarkson would do no such thing

    cqgpx8j8ep99.png

    now this is more like it

    AthenorAuralynxElldrenEddyVishNubAresProphetHahnsoo1
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    We are making Marcella Hazan’s tomato sauce which is literally just a can of San Marzanos, a onion cut in half (then removed after cooking), butter, and salt.

    I am skeptical, but I definitely respect the commitment to simplicity and am prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

    Edit: c1m6o2v5g0o7.jpeg


    what you'll get there is an onion flavor without any of the sweetness that actually chopping up and browning the onion would get you.

  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i made a new deck in MTGA... which led me to discover this.

    2yvdd2jzv0c2.png
    Same energy.

    cB557AthenorSarksusAuralynxElldrenCrimson KingStyrofoam SammichHavelock2.0Rear Admiral ChocoHahnsoo1
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I also kind of always think of South Park as being initially targeted at malignantly-disillusioned GenXers, considering it was an R-rated cartoon that premiered in 1995, when most millennials still hadn’t learned basic literacy.

    Depends if you consider someone like me to be a GenXer or a Millenial. SP started when I was in High School. It was a huge cultural influence on my generation

    You’re on the cusp, so you have to fill out the questionnaire:

    - Depeche Mode or Vampire Weekend?
    - He-Man or Darkwing Duck?
    - Cheers or Frasier?
    - Surge or Mountain Dew Code Red?
    - Ewoks or Ninja Turtles?


    Choose carefully

    What happens if I can’t decide on any of them?

    fuck gendered marketing
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    @Athenor Super Tuesday p. 69

    this bit rocks btw

  • BurnageBurnage irregular Registered User regular
    Vampire Weekend formed in 2006, they're more diagnostic of gen Z than anything else

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    We are making Marcella Hazan’s tomato sauce which is literally just a can of San Marzanos, a onion cut in half (then removed after cooking), butter, and salt.

    I am skeptical, but I definitely respect the commitment to simplicity and am prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

    Edit: c1m6o2v5g0o7.jpeg


    I feel you're kinda understating the rather large amount of butter in that sauce. It works really well but leaves me feeling like it shouldn't be a staple because it can't be that healthy for you.

  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    local elections are underdone in games

    the default fantasy government is like, a king?? palace intrigue? and, okay, but have you seen the kind of hectic shit that goes on in free democratic elections. it's basically made for a bunch of adventurers to fuck with

    cB557Eddy
  • AtomikaAtomika Gay Mergirl Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I don’t really want to talk about politics right now but I’d love to whine about politics
    If I were Amy I would simply make a new primary thread

    I keep running into our reading articles about these alleged Democrat boomers who are like, “Lol socialism. We can’t win without appealing to the Center-Right.”

    And I all I see is red

    YoshisummonsStyrofoam Sammich
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Athenor Super Tuesday p. 69

    this bit rocks btw

    Damnit, I just said NO ALT HISTORY POLITICS IN CHAT!

    ... Ah well. Did you know that Dunkelzahn actually was fairly close in the vote to win? FASA really did tally up votes to see which candidate would become President.

    Anyways, I have some bonus swag for this too.

    ozulgHsh.jpg

    And the backs of these books are just as entertaining as the fronts in many cases.

    tThozPth.jpg

    I apologize that the photos aren't that great. I'm trying really hard not to break the spines on these books, because they are old and the binding is known to be crappy. So I'm trying my best to provide as much readable space as possible.

    IPwye3Fh.jpg?1

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    cB557Crimson KingA Kobold's KoboldHahnsoo1Auralynxchromdom
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    Crimson King
This discussion has been closed.