As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

an american politics/democratic primaries thread for the naughty children of d&d

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    What on earth has SE done to deserve this?

Once kicked a puppy in a previous life.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Gotta balance out having an anime thread again

IKknkhU.gif
    Indie WinterSpeed RacerUnbrokenEvaOne Thousand CablesSnicketysnickOdinWeedLordVegetaDonovan PuppyfuckerRanlinJaysonFourVeldrinnever dieturtleantZonugalrhylithCelloMortal SkyFrylockHolmessponoGustavCaedwyrMidnitewanderingGoose!NarbusBahamutZEROHappy Little MachineTankHammerWheatBun01LucedesMr FuzzbuttCorp.ShephardCurly_BraceStraightziFig-DCaulk Bite 6MatevBucketmanErin The RedHacksawTofystedethgtrmpMetzger Meistermageormike
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Cant wait for the political anime thread where we exclusively talk about Hetalia and get permabanned

wY6K6Jb.gif
    UnbrokenEvaBahamutZEROGvzbgulMr FuzzbuttBucketmanMetzger MeisterCrippl3painfulPleasance
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I did hear some really awesome things about Sanders today, in a Michael Moore interview on MSNBC of all places. He talked about Bernie as the person he's known for like 3 decades and it really did a lot to show me that he does have that softer, personal, caring side to him. Honestly angry grandpa and his one grandkid that's a bully (but only one of many grandkids) is the side I'm used to seeing and it was actually very comforting to know that he's not the campaign Sanders all the time.

A hypothetical thought exercise I keep coming back to is - say Sanders didn't win the nomination. Is there a VP pick that would 100% say to folks "this is the silver medal because Sanders personally hand-picked this running mate to be a clear signal to his supporters that he 100% is on board for this candidacy." ? Like, a VP candidate that would allow Sanders to "sell" the Dem ticket to those noisiest pockets of his base?

Additionally, what happens if a brokered convention puts Sanders, Warren, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and Biden in a room trying to sort it out? and what if that conference results in Sanders running with Amy or Pete as his running mate? (My logic here is that Warren is too close to him politically to be a compromise pick, and Biden would be 'two old white dudes' so they don't wanna do that).

Would Buttigieg as a running mate be seen as Sanders compromising his values or selling out too much?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    buttigieg would be an incredible compromise

in a world where the republicans are not white supremacy + homophobia, buttigieg would be a republican, he does not represent sanders' values in any way

I needed anime to post. on
    OdinWeedLordVegetaPwnanObriensarukunDonovan PuppyfuckerStiltsToxDouglasDangerRanlinVeldrinnever dieturtleantZonugalMagellTheySlashThemDarkPrimusMidniteBloodsheedNarbusMegaMekBahamutZEROEtchwartsTankHammertynicMr FuzzbuttCurly_BraceCaulk Bite 6LadaiMatevBucketmanErin The RedHacksawDevlin_DragonusKwoarugtrmpMetzger MeisterjakobaggerOptimusZedDoctorArchKristmas Kthulhu
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

in a world where the republicans are not white supremacy + homophobia, buttigieg would be a republican, he does not represent sanders' values in any way

I think it’s just the homophobia that is the dealbreaker, honestly

PwnanObrienDonovan PuppyfuckerLord_AsmodeusMidniteBloodsheedGoose!MegaMekBahamutZEROHappy Little MachinetynicLucedesStraightziBucketmanErin The RedMetzger MeisterpainfulPleasanceOptimusZed
    broadly speaking people like to speculate about other presidential candidates becoming VP picks but it's more common to see a VP pick from elsewhere in the party, or at least someone from much earlier in the campaign cycle

StiltsTheySlashThemShadow DemonMidniteKane Red RobeBahamutZEROCaulk Bite 6

I think it’s just the homophobia that is the dealbreaker, honestly

pete just wants the quiet part quiet, like bloomberg

PwnanObrienOdinDonovan PuppyfuckerMidniteMegaMekKane Red RobetynicCurly_BraceCaulk Bite 6BucketmanHacksawgtrmpMetzger MeisterpainfulPleasance
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular

We put the screw in the tuna.

PwnanObriennever dieGoose!Caulk Bite 6BucketmanKristmas Kthulhu
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I did hear some really awesome things about Sanders today, in a Michael Moore interview on MSNBC of all places. He talked about Bernie as the person he's known for like 3 decades and it really did a lot to show me that he does have that softer, personal, caring side to him. Honestly angry grandpa and his one grandkid that's a bully (but only one of many grandkids) is the side I'm used to seeing and it was actually very comforting to know that he's not the campaign Sanders all the time.

A hypothetical thought exercise I keep coming back to is - say Sanders didn't win the nomination. Is there a VP pick that would 100% say to folks "this is the silver medal because Sanders personally hand-picked this running mate to be a clear signal to his supporters that he 100% is on board for this candidacy." ? Like, a VP candidate that would allow Sanders to "sell" the Dem ticket to those noisiest pockets of his base?

Additionally, what happens if a brokered convention puts Sanders, Warren, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and Biden in a room trying to sort it out? and what if that conference results in Sanders running with Amy or Pete as his running mate? (My logic here is that Warren is too close to him politically to be a compromise pick, and Biden would be 'two old white dudes' so they don't wanna do that).

Would Buttigieg as a running mate be seen as Sanders compromising his values or selling out too much?

As a Sanders supporter in NW Indiana let me tell you that the little rat fuck who fired South Bend's first black chief of police and did everything he could to cover up the department's racism can run for VP of the fucking Phantom Zone.

Mwx884o.jpg
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDouglasDangerRanlinFuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudTheySlashThemMidniteGoose!MegaMekHappy Little MachineEtchwartsTankHammerBahamutZEROtynicCaulk Bite 6BucketmanErin The RedHacksawpots+pansMetzger MeisterOptimusZedKristmas Kthulhu
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I think my favorite part about the Sanders critiques are the ones that call him angry like there isn't plenty of goddamn reason to be furious right now

One Thousand CablesPwnanObrienDonovan PuppyfuckerStiltsSpeed RacerRanlinJaysonFournever dieturtleantrhylithZonugalMagellTheySlashThemDarkPrimusPinfeldorfMidniteHexmage-PABloodsheedGoose!YaYaStyrofoam Sammichdarunia106MegaMekHappy Little MachineEtchwartsTankHammerWheatBun01BahamutZEROtynicJansonDee KaeLucedesCurly_BraceRawkking GoodguyFig-DCrimson KingCaulk Bite 6LadaiMatevBucketmanchocoboliciousErin The RedKandenHacksawpots+pansDevlin_DragonusgtrmpMetzger MeisterjakobaggermageormikeCrippl3painfulPleasanceOptimusZedBeef Avenger
    I think my favorite part about the Sanders critiques are the ones that call him angry like there isn't plenty of goddamn reason to be furious right now

an alarming amount of people who like Talking About Politics are addicted to decorum, calm rationality is fetishized as a sign of intellect while emotions are viewed as for a stupid person - it's part of why they're sexist, too! because women are viewed as Emotional rather than Smart

everyone here remembers the adoring op-eds who sucked off richard spencer because he was dressed like an intellectual and politely said that we should create a white ethnostate. the addiction to decorum allows ideas like that to thrive.

PwnanObrienOne Thousand CablesDonovan PuppyfuckerStiltsWeedLordVegetaDouglasDangerSleepFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloudnever dieturtleantMagellTheySlashThemDarkPrimusMidniteBloodsheedGoose!Styrofoam Sammichdarunia106MegaMekHappy Little MachineEtchwartsTankHammerBahamutZEROtynicJansonDee KaeCurly_BraceCaulk Bite 6MatevBucketmanErin The RedHacksawpots+pansgtrmpMetzger MeisterjakobaggerCrippl3painfulPleasanceOptimusZedKristmas KthulhuUnlucky
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

You know what you did, stop playing innocent.

UnbrokenEva
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Pete's an empty suit.

The moment the health insurance companies gave him a bunch of money he became very concerned with M4A 'taking away real American's choices' or however the hell he put it.

PwnanObrienCaulk Bite 6LadaiBucketmanMetzger MeisterpainfulPleasance
    Trace wrote: »
    Pete's an empty suit.

The moment the health insurance companies gave him a bunch of money he became very concerned with M4A 'taking away real American's choices' or however the hell he put it.

Who needs affordable insulin when you can pay more and choose between Xtra Chunky and Cool Ranch Insulynnn®?

Mwx884o.jpg
    MidniteBahamutZEROCaulk Bite 6Bucketman

No trust me I 100% get that completely, it's just that I've really only ever seen Campaign-mode Sanders and so it was reassuring to be able to remember that he is a normal human and has other sides to him.

Because angry forever is not good!

painfulPleasance

No trust me I 100% get that completely, it's just that I've really only ever seen Campaign-mode Sanders and so it was reassuring to be able to remember that he is a normal human and has other sides to him.

But like, outside of the cable media narrative campaign Sanders isn't just angry. He's also that dude who rushes off stage to help people who faint, who is constantly personally consoling people struggling to get by, who birds love for some reason known only to him and Disney Princesses.

Mwx884o.jpg
    jammuWeedLordVegetaStiltsnever dieDonovan PuppyfuckerBloodsheedEtchwartstynicLucedesCaulk Bite 6MatevBucketmanErin The RedHacksawjakobaggermageormikeOptimusZed
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

I wonder who the mystery candidate is?`

(It's always Bernie)

edit:
    Also friendship ended with d&d.
    Se++ has always been best friend.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg

But like, outside of the cable media narrative campaign Sanders isn't just angry. He's also that dude who rushes off stage to help people who faint, who is constantly personally consoling people struggling to get by, who birds love for some reason known only to him and Disney Princesses.

I ... agree?

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I have lots of sympathy for Warren voters because she is definitely getting a raw deal in coverage

But I think Nevada has been a deal breaker for me even if I wasn't already gonna vote for bernard

MegaMan001EtchwartsMoridin889Ms Dapper
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    I have lots of sympathy for Warren voters because she is definitely getting a raw deal in coverage

But I think Nevada has been a deal breaker for me even if I wasn't already gonna vote for bernard

I’m not sure I understand, why is Nevada a deal breaker for you in regards to Warren?

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Vote Bernie cause hes the only candidate even close to leftist enough to make positive changes and literally all the others will only do Obama style half measures while continuing to throw us under the bus.

If you support Bloomber please kindly go jump off a cliff.

Buttigieg is a cheating rat fuck suckin down corporate cash and trying to use his identity as a tool to guilt LGBT+ folk into supporting him.

X22wmuF.jpg
    UnbrokenEvaDonovan PuppyfuckerDouglasDangerStiltsWeedLordVegetaOne Thousand CablesMidniteburboMegaMekEtchwartsPwnanObrienBahamutZERODee KaeJaysonFourCaulk Bite 6Metzger MeistermageormikepainfulPleasanceUnlucky
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    mayor Pete
    mayor Pete
    he'll make you laugh
    he'll make you yeet

somebody help me finish these lyrics before the next rally

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    mayor Pete
    mayor Pete
    he'll make you laugh
    he'll make you yeet

Awww skeet skeet skeet skeet skeet skeet?

SleepRingoMegaMan001Goose!PwnanObrienBahamutZEROBucketmanErin The RedTofystedethKristmas Kthulhu
    Brolo wrote: »
    mayor Pete
    mayor Pete
    he'll make you laugh
    he'll make you yeet

someone call Lil' Wayne and get him on the phone

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I don't think this whole thing is going to turn out very well

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    jammuViktor WaltersGustavNo-QuarterTankHammerCaulk Bite 6BucketmanKwoaruTofystedethKristmas Kthulhu
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Excuse me, it's former mayor Pete

And he's awful

MidnitePwnanObrienRanlinCaulk Bite 6BucketmanMetzger Meister
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Ah, yes, a D&D thread - kind of - without a "no satire" rule. That's gonna be... I dunno, something. Possibly interesting.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    finally I can ask hard hitting questions that would get me infracted in D&D

Is Bernie Sanders considered a pizza or an open faced panini?

that's all

I truly don't care who the dem candidate is* provided everyone votes for him or her in November

*no Bloomberg

jammuwanderingastrobstrdLucedesBucketmanThro
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    Warren is the best anti-corruption candidate out there right now.

She is but I feel whomever put her up to call out Sanders for a perceived slight really hurt her campaign. As sadly the best she can hope for after Super Tuesday is a cabinet seat

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Bloomberg is bad but hes still better than trump. You have to remember, Trump is actively fucking up the entire western world. Bloomberg would hopefully at least not fuck up like.... NATO.

XaquinThro
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm still excited because I'm in Iowa and caucused for Bernie and next month I'm one of the delegates that goes to the next level of caucuses. I get to be politically involved wooo go me. Also I enjoyed reading the thread other than people being mean to each other so I'm glad this is back because it's how I keep up with politics since I'm a terrible millennial.

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    BahamutZEROMatevBucketman
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really whomever wins the election hopefully not the troll has a heroic endeavor ahead of them

BahamutZERO
    i don't have to remember shit

turtleantSpeed RacerStiltsWhippyWeedLordVegetaTheySlashThemOne Thousand CablesDonovan PuppyfuckerMidniteGoose!darunia106EtchwartsPwnanObrienCaulk Bite 6Erin The Redpots+pans
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    hey everybody happy to be here I love politics

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    WhippyDouglasDangerjoshofalltradesGoose!WheatBun01Rawkking GoodguyCaulk Bite 6BucketmanErin The RedTofystedethmageormikeCrippl3DoctorArchKristmas Kthulhu
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I drank a lot last night and saw this in my bleary, newly awake hungover state and had to re read the OP like 3 times

what did we dooooo

CYpGAPn.png
    Goose!LucedesCaulk Bite 6MatevBucketmannever dieTofystedethCrippl3
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    You have to remember

Patently patently patently false

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Speed RacerWhippyturtleantDonovan PuppyfuckerGoose!Caulk Bite 6pots+pansKristmas Kthulhu
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Bloomberg is just as bad as Trump he is just slightly better at putting a veneer of professionalism and decorum over it which is all the media and Political Folks need most of the time

CYpGAPn.png
    CelloStiltsWeedLordVegetaturtleantDouglasDangerMagellOne Thousand CablesDonovan PuppyfuckerOdinEchoMidniteZonugalBloodsheedGoose!darunia106PoorochondriacthatassemblyguyBahamutZEROHappy Little MachineEtchwartsPwnanObrienTankHammerLucedesCurly_BraceMs DapperCaulk Bite 6MatevBucketmanErin The Rednever dieHacksawgtrmpjakobaggerCrippl3painfulPleasanceKristmas Kthulhu
This discussion has been closed.