As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars] so you didn't send the fish Jedi immediately because...?

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    There’s also the 9-film box set, everything in 4k and digital.

$250 at Best Buy.

What version of the OT though?

Not the real ones.

They gotta milk the dummies for two ultimate box sets eventually

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular

$250 at Best Buy.

The one with the newest edit of ANH, where Solo doesn't know who shot Greedo because he wasn't even in the room when it happened.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

$250 at Best Buy.

Not the real ones.

They gotta milk the dummies for two ultimate box sets eventually

Three.

The 2nd one is just a disguised Magnum PI complete series box set.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Aren’t the movies in 4k on D+?

I assume that’s the versions in the box.
    Maclunkey!

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    JJ: "Who cares, it looked cool, that's all that matters."

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Gyral wrote: »

$250 at Best Buy.

The one with the newest edit of ANH, where Solo doesn't know who shot Greedo because he wasn't even in the room when it happened.

ANH has a spliced-in sequence which talks about the disappearance of Palpatine's pregnant daughter and son-in-law as the reason for the dissolution of the Senate, the Emperor's hologram discussion with Vader in ESB has been re-re-done to explicitly mention that the vast Sith army on Exegol is developing according to plan, and the finale shot of RotJ has a smoldering Palpatine clearly slinking around in the woods behind all the Force ghosts. Oh, every single shot with a spaceship has lens flare, plus lens flare for both death star explosions.

It's not properly Star Wars until somebody goes back to fuck up the OT with more badly-done retcons to try and fix up the latest shitty trilogy.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'd be cool with a version that edits in Palpatine constantly lurking in the background, doing his angry little growl.

He just wanted attention the whole time!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I'd be cool with a version that edits in Palpatine constantly lurking in the background, doing his angry little growl.

He just wanted attention the whole time!

I think I’m gonna do an edit

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Just paste it in after every plot development, no matter how random or unpredictable it may have been:
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it."

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Just paste it in after every plot development, no matter how random or unpredictable it may have been:
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it."

Including when Luke sees the force ghosts on Endor

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Have an cry of "Just as planned..." come echoing up out of the shaft after Vader tosses him in.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    "I totally saw this cominggggggggggg"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sFbLppuhhs

Just a reminder of the new canon.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/ZLW2jkd6E7g

Episode one of the final season debuts tomorrow if you have Disney+.

My body is ready.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So finally got Disney+. Mandalorian couldn't do it but god damn can Clone Wars draw me in.

Though I have watched the first few episodes. Man can I see Filoni's fingerprints over everything now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Man that looks awesome. I really need to get back into watching Clone Wars.

sig.gif
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Every Christmas, when my brother is here, we go out to see a movie (26 December is traditionally The Big Movie Day in Norway). We both love Star Wars. Also worth noting is that my brother loathes superhero movies beyond all reason, seeing them as emblematic of all that is wrong with Hollywood today. (Personally, I'm indifferent to them.)

I liked the new SW movies, but my brother hated them, refusing to even see RoS (so he was baby sitting the nephews instead).

So he suggested that this year, we see something other than a movie about, as he put it, "superheroes in space".

Naturally, I suggested Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Every Christmas, when my brother is here, we go out to see a movie (26 December is traditionally The Big Movie Day in Norway). We both love Star Wars. Also worth noting is that my brother loathes superhero movies beyond all reason, seeing them as emblematic of all that is wrong with Hollywood today. (Personally, I'm indifferent to them.)

I liked the new SW movies, but my brother hated them, refusing to even see RoS (so he was baby sitting the nephews instead).

So he suggested that this year, we see something other than a movie about, as he put it, "superheroes in space".

...that's gonna be quite the wait.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I was, at the time, under the impression it would come out this year.

My real suggestion is Dune. Just need to convince our other brothers first.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I was, at the time, under the impression it would come out this year.

My real suggestion is Dune. Just need to convince our other brothers first.

The Suicide Squad has to come out first.

• Options
    I don’t know if Dune is coming out this year, but I think so?

Also there’s The Eternals, the newest MCU cosmic romp.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Is hopping into this season of clone wars a good idea?

I've seen all of Rebels but don't feel like watching anything Lucas had oversight over ever again.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    RedTide wrote: »

I've seen all of Rebels but don't feel like watching anything Lucas had oversight over ever again.

The first season is kind of bad. I think there's a guide somewhere for what's worth watching.

Later episodes are phenomenal. Clone Wars is where Ahsoka Tano is introduced and by the end becomes one of the greatest characters.

It has a very similar feel to the Rebels arc where it starts off very kidsy and a season later there's just blatant murder and morally questionable actions being taken by everyone.

Edit: Just realized the question. I don't think you'd necessarily miss a ton, not based on this first episode, but I assume they're calling it seven season for a reason and the show has a lot of plot left.

Quid on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Finished season 4 for Rebels. Holy crap! Not even sure what to say. It was much better than I was expecting. Maybe contrasting against the ST is helping it, but dang that was a good season. Endings in general are hard to nail, and I think they did a pretty good job.

Only part I didn't like:
    The time and space gateway thing seemed to be the weakest part. If the Jedi had something like that, it kind of means they'd know Order 66 was coming and/or could change it, or any number of time traveling scenario's. I wasn't even sure what it was doing there in the end. How did it know where to go? Why did the emperor need access but then already have a small part of it? Was that part only to Ezra? How did the Emperor already seem to have access but not access? Time travel is just so tricky to handle, just wish they went a different route.

The wolves warping across the planet was another stretch, but at least you could hand wave that one to maybe there were set gates that they knew about. Not that they had magic force teleportation.

Weirdly they handled the Jedi thing pretty well. It was always going to be tough with the whole Yoda "last of the Jedi you'll be" line. You knew both of them couldn't stay with the group by the end, but overall I really like the idea of leaving Ezra and Thrawn as unknowns. Thrawn is just too good a villain to have ended him here. Could make for a good transition to old EU Thrawn, scraping remnants back together.

Overall, it's been while since I was excited about anything Star Wars. I think the SWTOR expansions (kotfe/kotet) may have been the last time. Definitely would love to see Filoni return after Clone Wars is done to do Rebels V2, post RotJ. If they need more live action stuff for Disney+, I could probably be talked into a non-animated version.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

this season looks like it's gonna be pretty closely related to some story arcs from the original series so it might be a bad jumping-on point

the back seven episodes of season five and first arc of season six are uh, probably going to be important at least

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

Look at my thingie

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm still chugging along on the clone wars train. I raced through the first three seasons during our shitty Aussie heatwaves but then stopped after that. But this week I pretty quickly got through seasons 4 and 5 and boy it got super real at the very end of 5. I was wondering when they would start with asoka not being around for the third movie stuff and they hit it super quick but surprisingly well.

I'm gonna get though season 6 as quick as I can to get to rebels because I realised recently that the star wars stuff I like most is stuff that's set around the empire times, even though I don't have a particularly strong affinity for the original trilogy movies.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    So Disney+ has a "20 essential Clone Wars episodes" playlist and I've been going through that. It's pretty decent! It seems like a better way to go about it than watching the whole thing, and infinitely easier than trying to play everything in some optimized order generated by a fan. When I'm done with this I might go back and pick out some other episodes based on how highly rated they are.

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular

Look at my thingie

That's a pretty cool thingie!

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    So Disney+ has a "20 essential Clone Wars episodes" playlist and I've been going through that. It's pretty decent! It seems like a better way to go about it than watching the whole thing, and infinitely easier than trying to play everything in some optimized order generated by a fan. When I'm done with this I might go back and pick out some other episodes based on how highly rated they are.

That is pretty brilliant. I've watched through ANH about 6-7 times with my nearly-3yo, and have occasionally thought ahead to when we will watch Clone Wars but was not looking forward to going through the whole thing over again.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    monkeykins wrote: »

That is pretty brilliant. I've watched through ANH about 6-7 times with my nearly-3yo, and have occasionally thought ahead to when we will watch Clone Wars but was not looking forward to going through the whole thing over again.

Yes it's quite good. I was initially surprised at the quality given that Rebels (which I watched) is supposed to be better and it was a real mixed bag for me, but if you cut Rebels down to the 20 best episodes yeah, it would look like a pretty good show, so it's not surprising you could find 20 good Clone Wars episodes.

I still hate everything with Darth Maul and his fucking over the toply named brother, but like, it's fine I GUESS if I absolutely MUST.

If anyone wants to give me some suggestions for stuff to backfill this is the episode list. I would like some more Anakin and Obi-Wan if that's possible. This is definitely the best version of Anakin and I enjoy seeing the whole playful student teacher yet also brothers dynamic play out.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    monkeykins wrote: »

Yes it's quite good. I was initially surprised at the quality given that Rebels (which I watched) is supposed to be better and it was a real mixed bag for me, but if you cut Rebels down to the 20 best episodes yeah, it would look like a pretty good show, so it's not surprising you could find 20 good Clone Wars episodes.

I still hate everything with Darth Maul and his fucking over the toply named brother, but like, it's fine I GUESS if I absolutely MUST.

If anyone wants to give me some suggestions for stuff to backfill this is the episode list. I would like some more Anakin and Obi-Wan if that's possible. This is definitely the best version of Anakin and I enjoy seeing the whole playful student teacher yet also brothers dynamic play out.
    the big omission i see in terms of "stuff that will be important for season 7" that also features Anakin and Obi-Wan is the citadel arc, which is season three, episodes 18-20

anyways that list isn't the worst or anything but it also omits pretty much all the best clone-centric stories, which is a shame, since i think they're some of the best (if you can get over the hump of one guy voicing four characters in a single scene). The Umbara story arc in season four and the first few episodes of season six are pretty great, and there's a few one-offs that are up there too imo

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "Before it all went to shit the dark times. Before the Empire."

• Options
    Is that Twilek with a single head dealie?

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Unilek

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

Monolek

• Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular

Monolek

Dalek.

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.