As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magical Diary: Wolf Hall - Wizarding School RPG/Sim

TubeTube Registered User admin
Eldest son and heir of an old European noble wizard family, you have been raised in wealth and privilege. Now you want the chance for a fresh start. That was why you chose to become an exchange student in the distant land of Vermont, in the United States of America. There, you will attend Iris Academy, a school of pentachromatic magic, and study alongside other wizards and witches. Perhaps then you can meet people who like you for yourself.

As a student wizard, you will learn new spells, face puzzles and monsters in the school dungeons, join clubs, run for class office, fight duels, investigate ghosts, outwit demons, and try to find a date for the May Day Ball. But keeping secrets isn't always easy. Trust the wrong person, and you could lose your honor, your life, or even your soul...

Screenshots

dungeon.jpg
mintalk.jpg
election.jpg

More Screenshots, Demo, and Full Game

---> Find us on itch.io <---
---> Or on Steam <---

Features
  • Customisable male protagonist
  • Stat-raising gameplay
  • Dungeon-crawling with puzzles
  • Multiple solutions
  • Both male and female romance options
  • 5 Main Character routes
  • 7 Minor Character routes
  • Over 400,000 words
  • 75+ spells to learn

This game was funded on kickstarter, which massively expanded the scope of the story and added all the side romance options. It is a companion to a 2011 game, Magical Diary: Horse Hall (released on Steam in 2012). Not technically a sequel, more of an alternate version - it takes place during the same year but with a different protagonist and the plot turns out differently. You do not have to have played Horse Hall in order to play Wolf Hall! But if you DO want to play both games, it's better to play Horse Hall first as Wolf Hall may spoil some of the twists and reveals from the other story.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Big fan of Horse Hall here, looking forward to diving into Wolf Hall sometime next week.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Back in the days when I was still kind of new to Steam and still trying to sate my appetite for VNs, I stumbled across MD: Horse Hall (or just Magical Diary, as it was known back then). At first, I admit I didn't expect that much from it, but at the same time, it looked kind of fun and I figured, well, it'd at least kill an evening because I was getting it on sale.

You ever pop open a game not expecting much, but then suddenly you just fall in love with it and it becomes one of your absolute favorites of all time?

That's what happened with me and Horse Hall. Under that cute art lie some amazingly-detailed characters with differing personalities, plenty of routes for romance, and a lot more of an in-depth plot and world than you'd ever think. This is one of those rare games where I say that paying full price for it- $15- is actually absolutely worth it, because- for the most part- you can count on really good stuff from Hanako Games. (Just... stay away from Sword Daughter. I'm serious.)

If Wolf Hall keeps the same magic as Horse Hall did, then this will be a must-buy for fans of the genre. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?