Options

in which we ffwd thru the talky bits of the [movie] thread

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    eydpll01e1he.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I am basically incapable of skipping through chunks of a movie

If I am watching a movie I gotta watch the whole thing

Okay I know we moved past this but

I’ve been taking DVDs out of the library more and more recently, and a lot of them are scratched up and occasionally skip

And this is how I learned that a movie skipping even like 30 seconds ahead is enough to completely disorient me for like a few minutes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Psssh

Everyone talking about Cyberpunk and nobody mentions the all time classic

6qzgpeyx75r5.jpg

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Shorty wrote: »
    robocop is proof that stupidity and obviousness are tools in the right hands

robocop shoots a rapist in the dick! that rules!

That fucking fan video of that scene is something I'm always ready to show someone.........when they're ready.

And I ALWAYS end up laughing my ass off like a fool.

Uh my bar trivia used this for a video question. When I realized what was going on I started madly counting dicks because I was certain that's where the question would go.

That wasn't where the question went!

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So I was reading up on Garfield: The Movie (gotta have my Garf, you know), and:
    Jack Nicholson was offered the role of Garfield.

What a film that would have been!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    it coulda been so much better!!!!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    that's actually fantastic casting and now I'm mad about it

• Options
    i would watch four hours of jack nicholson talking about his love of lasagna

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Psssh

6qzgpeyx75r5.jpg

Mick Jagger has to be the least physically intimidating enforcer in film history.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

But then we wouldn't have that Lorenzo Music/Bill Murray movie version cartoon version connection!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Mr. G wrote: »
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I am basically incapable of skipping through chunks of a movie

If I am watching a movie I gotta watch the whole thing

Okay I know we moved past this but

I’ve been taking DVDs out of the library more and more recently, and a lot of them are scratched up and occasionally skip

And this is how I learned that a movie skipping even like 30 seconds ahead is enough to completely disorient me for like a few minutes

Weed getting legalized here has made watching movies... interesting. I frequently find myself in situations where something happens, it makes my mind wander for like a minute, and then I snap back to attention with no idea what's going on and have to rewind.. back to the part that caused my mind to wander in the first place, repeat. Then I after I rewind it again I think about how my mind wandered, which causes my mind to wander. After 4-5 times I finally pay attention to the part I missed and can move on with the movie.

Probably a good thing I'm single, 'cause that'd be the most frustrating fucking thing to make someone else sit through.

Also, add this thread to the list of threads where the posts are permently marked unread, no matter how many times I read them. :(

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Is anyone else having a problem with this thread where it keeps getting marked as unread beyond the OP

Bookmarking the thread usually solves this for me, if you want to try that

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Sometimes a movie I like will have a awkward comedy part and I'll ff it

Also some violence bits

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Best comic book movie of all time

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I consistently just fast forward through the beginning of Hook till Peter arrives in Neverland.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Hey, The Lighthouse is finally coming out here this week. Not sure if I'll get a chance to see it, though, it's playing in three dinky little cinemas at out-of-the way times and locations.
    And The Legend of Baron To'a also dropped this week, and I still need to see Birds of Prey...

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Hmm, no showing yet for me but my local cinema is pretty bad. They don't update their website regularly and you can often only hear about a movie after it is gone from the cinema.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

But then we wouldn't have that Lorenzo Music/Bill Murray movie version cartoon version connection!

it would still be there for ghostbusters

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    i would watch four hours of jack nicholson talking about his love of lasagna
    Especially if it was just him in a costume

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    eydpll01e1he.png

all I can think of when I see this is this stupid song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O7rIMJVNjY

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Find someone who looks at you the way that...

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    god cats was incredible

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Hey @Rorshach Kringle have you seen Braid

I'm like twenty minutes in. It's doing some shit that seems extremely in your wheelhouse

Edit: Upon conclusion, there was some fun direction, some great performances, and a story that started out campy and fun and then just... Hoofta

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »
    Is anyone else having a problem with this thread where it keeps getting marked as unread beyond the OP

Bookmarking the thread usually solves this for me, if you want to try that

I do most of my reading through bookmarks. All threads created after a certain date are "stuck" for me.
    Waiting patiently for a fix.

• Options
    Hey "Rorshach Kringle" have you seen Braid

I'm like twenty minutes in. It's doing some shit that seems extremely in your wheelhouse

Edit: Upon conclusion, there was some fun direction, some great performances, and a story that started out campy and fun and then just... Hoofta

yeah man i really liked braid

it absolutely does not sustain itself, tho

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    watchin' Robocop (again)

kurtwood smith cut a swathe through this cast, I don't know how anyone remembers anyone else

He's absolutely perfect

Can you flyyyyyy Bobby?

• Options
    i just watched sex and the city 2

ama

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

ama

Given that the name "Samantha" was essentially defunct as a female name prior to the inital series of Bewitched in the 1960's, therefore making it impossible for someone as old as Kim Catrall's character to have that as her actual name, what deep, dark, terrible secret do you think she is covering by assuming a dead person's identity?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Fishman wrote: »

ama

Given that the name "Samantha" was essentially defunct as a female name prior to the inital series of Bewitched in the 1960's, therefore making it impossible for someone as old as Kim Catrall's character to have that as her actual name, what deep, dark, terrible secret do you think she is covering by assuming a dead person's identity?

she framed ted cruz for the zodiac killings

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Psssh

6qzgpeyx75r5.jpg

Mick Jagger has to be the least physically intimidating enforcer in film history.

He also played Ned Kelly, which is basically supposed to be even more intimidating.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

ama

I told the lady about this exchange and her response was to sigh heavily and leave the room

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    some truths are just too much for some people

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

ama

I told the lady about this exchange and her response was to sigh heavily and leave the room

Yeah, how can he be framed when he’s the zodiac killer?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    2016 called, it wants its memes back.

(and yes, I tried warning them, but they couldn't hear me over all the screaming.)

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

ama

Why would you do that to yourself?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    2016 called, it wants its memes back.

(and yes, I tried warning them, but they couldn't hear me over all the screaming.)

Hey. 2016 was great. Trump was just a joke, compared to now where he is a joke and he is terrifying.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2020

ama

Why would you do that to yourself?

Because he's such a goddamn Charlotte.

tynic on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have seen both Sex and the City movies more than once.

This discussion has been closed.