As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

in which we ffwd thru the talky bits of the [movie] thread

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    dangit, new page but I gotta remind everyone

move your dead bones bones bones

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Variety posted about the uncertainty of when productions will start again https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hollywood-productions-limbo-coronavirus-1203543478/

Buried in this article is the casual mention that George Miller hopes to start shooting the Furiosa prequel spinoff next year, and he's contacting names he's interested in (including Anya Taylor-Joy) via Skype

I would watch the hell out of a Furiosa prequel spinoff starring Anya Taylor-Joy

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Variety posted about the uncertainty of when productions will start again https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hollywood-productions-limbo-coronavirus-1203543478/

Buried in this article is the casual mention that George Miller hopes to start shooting the Furiosa prequel spinoff next year, and he's contacting names he's interested in (including Anya Taylor-Joy) via Skype

I would watch the hell out of a Furiosa prequel spinoff starring Anya Taylor-Joy

Post-apocalyptic wasteland seems like a good place for social distancing. Let's start production right now.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Very happy about this

I was planning to go see it in theaters before, uh, all of this happened

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Today was a Cats and The Lighthouse double feature. Both are equally valid approaches to making a movie about horny characters longing for death

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Post-apocalyptic wasteland seems like a good place for social distancing. Let's start production right now.
    I hope we get at least one good remotely-shot-in-various-people's-living-rooms quarantine movie

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Today on Twitter, we learnt that Matthew McConaughey doesn't know how to use Zoom

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    tonight's quarantine movie was "look away," which is very bad and boring and I do not advise anyone watch it

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i'll be sure to look away

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    dangit, new page but I gotta remind everyone

move your dead bones bones bones

re-animate your feet

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    For today's Quarantine Matinee, we have Escape From New York, which I somehow never saw.

I admire an hour-and-a-half action flick where the first 25 minutes are all exposition and Kurt Russell acting like a surly teen stepson.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    For today's Quarantine Matinee, we have Escape From New York, which I somehow never saw.

I admire an hour-and-a-half action flick where the first 25 minutes are all exposition and Kurt Russell acting like a surly teen stepson.

To Lee van Cleef, no less.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I watched frozen 2

it was aggressively fine

one extremely good song and one okay song, just like the first one

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I feel like actually seeing any of the re-animator movies would diminish my appreciation for the music video from one of the sequels and I'm not sure I can allow that.

come on you can't mention that without sharing it with the class

I was too lazy to google and figured this'd be faster

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    watched from beyond while on a company wide sykpe call

it ruled

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Man, Barbara Crampton, right?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I watched frozen 2

it was aggressively fine

I watched frozen 2

it was aggressively fine

Which is which is the question,

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    show yourself was extremely good, into the unknown was okay

I don't remember any of the others

show yourself was extremely good, into the unknown was okay

I don't remember any of the others

LOST IN THE WOODS IS THE POWER BALLAD OF OUR TIME HOW DARE YOU.

the kindest thing I can say about that song is that it made me laugh in the movie and then I forgot about it five minutes later

ALSO I think you can't call something with this much acoustic instrumentation a "power" ballad

ALSO I think you can't call something with this much acoustic instrumentation a "power" ballad

You’re not my dad, I do what I want!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I need help:
    In seminal awful movie tie-in rap song, "Deepest, Bluest," Mr. L. L. Cool J. repeatedly asserts that his "hat is like a shark's fin." I had previously assumed this referred to the brim of a baseball cap being kind of, sort of like a fin if you squint at it enough, but upon close examination I've just realized he's not wearing a baseball cap in the music video at all, rather some sort of skullcap or do-rag, when he's not animorphed into a rapping shark. So which part of L. L. Cool J.'s hat is like a shark's fin?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Man, Barbara Crampton, right?

A few years back I was at the Bruce Campbell Horror Film Festival for the second or third ever screening of Beyond the Gates, among other quality films. Barbara Crampton was there for that screening, and ended up sticking around pretty much the whole weekend from what I can recall. I got to meet her briefly, and she was absolutely awesome. Very gracious, friendly and just plain fun to talk to for a few minutes.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Watched The Shape of Water.

The Shape of Paddington Mom and Fishman Cabooses more like.

A-plus cabooses.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Sally Hawkins having a wagon was almost as shocking as Doug Jones'

Good for both of them

CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    a wagon

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I suppose having a wagon is good, if you want one

Pretty inconvenient if you didn't though youd have to sell it

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    a wagon

Yeah I looked it up, and I wouldn't call it a wagon, but she does have a very nice butt.

Please address all hate mail to your mother.

Sellin rides on my wagon just to make that daily nut

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Sellin rides on my wagon just to make that daily nut

From the window, to the wall!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Paint Your Wagon.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    a wagon

S03E10-jAFk8kP3-subtitled.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    that actor is one of the best dirtbags on tv

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    that actor is one of the best dirtbags on tv

Kirk Fox is also a darn fine standup, from what I recall of his Comedy Central specials back in the day

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I've been trying to remember the name of a movie for a looong time now. Gonna shoot my shot here.

Very few details sadly, but I'm pretty sure it was a late 80s film (could be early 80s or even super early 90s probably).

All I really remember is that some school dudes, probably teens, probably high school, are terrorizing a male teacher throughout. I believe that at or toward the end of the movie they try to invade his house where his wife also is and they end up on the roof? Or the teacher and/or his wife try to escape via the roof? That part takes place at night, I think. I think the teacher, the wife, and students were white.

I'm not sure if it was a thriller, horror, or what. It wasn't comedic at all. I remember it being tonally pretty dark and foreboding. Not School Daze. Not The Substitute or its sequel(s). Not 187 or anything.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Overboard I think

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Overboard I think

Are you referring to the 1987 version with Kurt Russell, or the 2018 remake with Anna Faris?

Because it was neither of those.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.