As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

in which we ffwd thru the talky bits of the [movie] thread

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Anyway I just found it by googling "movie where students terrorize a teacher and his wife"

Class of 1984. I believe that was it. It rings a lot of bells. The whole gang aspect was kind of embedded vaguely in my memory too. I guess Roddy McDowall was in it, huh?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's Overboard

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's Overboard

YOU'RE OVERBOARD

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    THIS WHOLE COURT IS OUT OF OVER(BOARD)

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Why was Class Of 1984 released in 1982? Were they banking on school crime getting that much worse over the next two years?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Because in 1982 they were sophomores, Jedoc.

Udoi

• Options
    Fantastic point. Sophomores are the worst.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Might I also recommend the sequel, Class of 1999. It has robot teachers.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Please tell me the full title is Class Of 1999: Bot For Teacher

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Stuart Gordon filmography watch update: I love Robot Jox

I love Robot Jox a lot

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Please tell me the full title is Class Of 1999: Bot For Teacher

Well, one of the teachers is a smoking 40 year old Pam Grier.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Hm. Arrival. Amy Adams learns to talk to squid aliens and I become a blubbery mess of emotions still

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I think it’s my movie of its decade actually

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the first meeting with the aliens was really something else, I've never experienced tension and unease but also excitement like that

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    For today's Quarantine Matinee, we have Escape From New York, which I somehow never saw.

I admire an hour-and-a-half action flick where the first 25 minutes are all exposition and Kurt Russell acting like a surly teen stepson.

To Lee van Cleef, no less.

bump:

And now, not 24 hours later, we have Trump blathering about quarantining NYC (because Florida refuses to get its shit together but somehow it's NY's fault because he doesn't like Cuomo) and what the shit is this

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I finally got around to watching Hot Rod.

Hot Rod is a great movie.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    For today's Quarantine Matinee, we have Escape From New York, which I somehow never saw.

I admire an hour-and-a-half action flick where the first 25 minutes are all exposition and Kurt Russell acting like a surly teen stepson.

bump:

And now, not 24 hours later, we have Trump blathering about quarantining NYC (because Florida refuses to get its shit together but somehow it's NY's fault because he doesn't like Cuomo) and what the shit is this

florida put a 14 day quarentine on anyone arriving from new york a few days ago because new yorkers were fleeing here in record numbers

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

bump:

florida put a 14 day quarentine on anyone arriving from new york a few days ago because new yorkers were fleeing here in record numbers

and why is that, I wonder

• Options

bump:

because new yorkers are fucking assholes and have no problem infecting other people so they can escape their state?

those are all tourists my dude

also, most beaches have been closed for at least a week

• Options
    Should have been closed far sooner, IMO.

But fine. New Yorkers are assholes, and also your Governor is literally the mayor from Jaws.

(there, I brought it back to movies.)

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    of course people are idiots, but it's on the government to close the beaches and tell the idiots to fuck off and stay home

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Should have been closed far sooner, IMO.

But fine. New Yorkers are assholes, and also your Governor is literally the mayor from Jaws.

(there, I brought it back to movies.)
    oh desantis is trash, no question

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Stuart Gordon filmography watch update: I love Robot Jox

I love Robot Jox a lot
    the dicksaw

• Options
    of course people are idiots, but it's on the government to close the beaches and tell the idiots to fuck off and stay home

"the beach isn't closed so I can go to it!" is incredibly shitty thinking

this has been horribly handled by the administration and desantis but good god personal responsibility is not somehow absolved because of that

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

"the beach isn't closed so I can go to it!" is incredibly shitty thinking

this has been horribly handled by the administration and desantis but good god personal responsibility is not somehow absolved because of that

well, yeah

but there are always going to be idiots, it's the governments job at a time like this to make dangerous idiocy costly enough that most of the idiots have second thoughts

Our premier had a press conference a week ago where he basically called people idiots in an official capacity and announced that ignoring social distancing directives was now punishable by a $1000 fine/day for individual idiots and $7500/day for idiot companies

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    dolph lundgren's character in showdown in little tokyo is what every nerdlinger who bought a comicon katana wishes they were

i adore this movie

it got shang tsung with a full body yakuza tat

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    dolph lundgren's character in showdown in little tokyo is what every nerdlinger who bought a comicon katana wishes they were

i adore this movie

"Kenner, if we die, I want you to know something...you have got the biggest dick I've ever seen on a man."

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

bump:

because new yorkers are fucking assholes and have no problem infecting other people so they can escape their state?

Checked their licenses, eh?

Assholes are everywhere, we don’t need to damn New Yorkers for the bad behavior everyone is exhibiting in every state.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Watched the Black and Chrome edition of Mad Max Fury Road

1 - Man that movie is so fucking good. Just perfect
    2 - I think I like it better in black and white

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I watched portrait of a lady on fire

dang that's a good movie

acting looks real hard, I'm glad I don't feel compelled to do that

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

dang that's a good movie

I wish that was on literally anything other than hulu

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

dang that's a good movie

Watching an actor do an intimate and/or emotionally difficult scene is so weird. Because they go from small chat with crew to An Emotion in literally seconds. And there are dozens of people around watching.

And then they have to do the scene, like, twenty fucking times.

It's not the way it looks in movies about making movies, where people work for the perfect take and then move on. Because the scene needs coverage for the edit. Different angles, different shots, reactions from other characters in the scene. So they have to do this intimate and/or emotionally difficult thing, over and over and over.

Who would want to do that

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Portrait of a Lady on Fire was the next thing I was deffo gonna see in the local international cinema place but I'm going to watch it at home now

It looks amazing

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

i adore this movie

It’s the most incredibly late 80s early 90s movie ever. It embodies the vibe so perfectly. Its a perfect amalgam. I love how the entire movie is just generic 80s action/tough guy scenes connected by the absolute thinnest of threads

The movie is completely uninterested in anything that isn’t the cool guys doing cool shit

Prohass on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    acting is easy, it's just talking and moving around, I do that every day

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Braggart

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Krzysztof Penderecki, probably most famous for his atonal compositions used in horror movies like The Shining and The Exorcist, has died at 86.

What a fucking loss. He was such an innovative and brave composer, especially given the circumstances of his early life. And despite falling out of fashion, his later work is often extraordinary.

I’m gonna listen to this and freak out for a bit. I’d recommend it.

https://youtu.be/Wtq5iCxCIdU

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

bump:

Assholes are everywhere, we don’t need to damn New Yorkers for the bad behavior everyone is exhibiting in every state.

"People from New York caused the outbreak in Florida" is the current conservative talking point for why Florida's having an outbreak (despite leaving all beaches and businesses open), so it's probably bullshit.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

bump:

"People from New York caused the outbreak in Florida" is the current conservative talking point for why Florida's having an outbreak (despite leaving all beaches and businesses open), so it's probably bullshit.

all beaches and businesses are not open

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

bump:

all beaches and businesses are not open

They were during Spring Break!

This discussion has been closed.